• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

a photo will last forever in your memory ♥ forever's gallery

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    [CSS-DIV=background-color:#202837;-moz-border-radius:10px;width:900px;border:6px ridge #cabf94;]
    Forever's Gallery
    It's like I waited my whole life
    About my photography
    I haven't been taking photos, well, good ones for too long, since I only really discovered how amazing depth of field can be in photography. As for these photos, I've taken most of them during this month, if not, then late last month. So yeah, feedback would be nice. XD;

Photography

best ever

★ My faaaavourite. :3

bee flapping

★ I managed to capture the wings flapping!

delicate

★ Ooh, I took this with that purpose in mind, turned out good.

no description

★ Uhh, dunno what to say about it.

sunshine

★ I really love something about this for some reason.

flowers

★ I loooove this one.

spring

★ This image just reflects Spring to me, really.

praying mantis

★ Taken a couple of days ago when there was a Praying Mantis on the radio and I took maaaany photos, but I feel this one turned out best.

good luck

★ Don't know when I took this, but it looks nice, so yeah~

the shadows

★ I really like this one, since it reflects the shadows of the yard, or something.

world beyond

★ Looks like a world beyond the fence y/y?

depth of field abuse

★ ...what you see is what you get.

dog

★ Taken earlier today; I made the dog pose specifically for it!

the wall

★ Yes... it's an image of the wall.

parrot

★ My parrot, which I think turned out okay.

Now?

Go comment!
    [/div]

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    OMG that picture of the wall is just <3
    It's definitely the best picture here(not that your other ones are bad), you should take pictures of your wall more often if it's going to be this masterful.

Years
  • <3
    I don't know a lot about photography, BUT WOW, YOU TAKE SOME GREAT PHOTOS.

I seriously love the depth in your pictures. Your first photo has to be my favorite. "delicate" is also another favorite. I kinda like the perspective of it. =D Tilted a little, yeah, but I like it! Say, what camera do you use?

I must see more. ;w;

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • Ooh I really like the 1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 8th, 13th & 15th. The 1st one is pretty! :D The 8th one reminds me of Ononokusu. The parrot is GREEN... and that dog's eyes are just too cute. *__*

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh Luck... you and your walls. Idk, I have like three more of that wall. :x

Ana! Yeaaah, the first was my favourite too - when I took it I was like "YAY :DDD;" I use a Kodak camera, lol. For... a fail camera, they didn't turn out that bad.

Ememeeeeee. Mhm, the first is indeed pretty. And oh, I should totally show you the other millions of "Ononokusu" photos. XD And yes, my dog's eyes are <3333

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • I SAID I WAS GONNA HAVE THE FIRST POST. ;________________;

In other news, all the pictures are interesting and the angles are really clever.

I shall follow this thread. n________n

My favourite is 'No Description'. n_n

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I like these! My favourite is the preying mantis one (so cute n_n) and all the ones of flowers. :D

My favourite is "spring". The lighting & colours are a bit muted so it feels really calming and it's a really good shot. :)

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • Overall, I really like your work, the composition is well done and intriguing. I especially like this, this, and this.

This and this both look a little underexposed, though if you have the RAW file for them this is easily fixed in photoshop/aperture/lightroom.

I also really enjoy this mantis but I feel that the photo could have benefited from a smaller depth of field, the bokeh just doesn't feel pronounced enough, if it was more dramatic I think it would pull the eye more to the mantis, because right now the idol in the background is prominent enough to move my eye towards it.

Also, the lens flare in a bunch of them feels more detracting from the shot rather than helping it's composure, especially in delicate where I can't tell if you want the focus to be on the sun or the flowers in the center of the frame.

Really though, keep up the good work. I enjoy seeing more photography in this section. And if you don't mind me asking what do you shoot with? Favorite lens?

Also could I possible get a fullsized version of spring? I'd love to make it desktop on my MacBook.

Last edited:
    Years
  • AHHHH. I can't see any pictures, damn my internet. Does putting images in spoilers prevent them from all loading at the same time?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I feel like "Spring" is the only real artistic shot of these.. It could be used as a backdrop in a magazine, template, on it's own as a standout piece, etc..

and the rest just look like glorified snapshots to me; that's my crit.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Spring, The Shadows and World Beyond were my favorites. I disagree with Silver about the lens flare on Delicate simply because the lens flare is just a part of the photo. Honestly I'm not sure what could have been done about the flare anyways without scrapping the entire idea of the photo and taking it from a different angle.

I liked the angle of Sunshine, but having the sun right in the center made it a little hard to look at, because of the sheer brightness. Still, it wasn't too bad.

Honestly all of these photos are really good. You should totally be a photographer. :D

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • I disagree with Silver about the lens flare on Delicate simply because the lens flare is just a part of the photo. Honestly I'm not sure what could have been done about the flare anyways without scrapping the entire idea of the photo and taking it from a different angle.

See, it's just that, even though it's part of the photo, that doesn't mean it isn't a detracting part of the photo. I still believe that this photo could have been 10x better if the sun had been considered prior to taking the shot.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2013
    I really like them. My favorite has to be delicate. It has potential.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Comments:
    Spoiler:

Overall, your gallery is awesome and like everybody said, you've got that potential in you to be a good photographer. Nice work, Nica. :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just gunna reply to the comments and show a few taken today in consideration with some of the comments.

Comments:
    Spoiler:

Overall, your gallery is awesome and like everybody said, you've got that potential in you to be a good photographer. Nice work, Nica. :D

...yeah the bee flapping lighting sucked, but really, capturing that with a bad camera is worth some points at least! And yeah the light again failing. XD;

I really like them. My favorite has to be delicate. It has potential.

I love your doggy. It looks so confused, haha.

I love my dog too. :D

Spring, The Shadows and World Beyond were my favorites. I disagree with Silver about the lens flare on Delicate simply because the lens flare is just a part of the photo. Honestly I'm not sure what could have been done about the flare anyways without scrapping the entire idea of the photo and taking it from a different angle.

I liked the angle of Sunshine, but having the sun right in the center made it a little hard to look at, because of the sheer brightness. Still, it wasn't too bad.

Honestly all of these photos are really good. You should totally be a photographer. :D
    Yeahh, I couldn't really avoid that with Sunshine, sadly. XD;

But I want to be a Journalist!
    I feel like "Spring" is the only real artistic shot of these.. It could be used as a backdrop in a magazine, template, on it's own as a standout piece, etc..

and the rest just look like glorified snapshots to me; that's my crit.
    Yeah, I see that Spring is really popular, but yeah I wasn't aiming to be artistic tbh, just... playing around with settings and such, for now.

Overall, I really like your work, the composition is well done and intriguing. I especially like this, this, and this.

This and this both look a little underexposed, though if you have the RAW file for them this is easily fixed in photoshop/aperture/lightroom.

I also really enjoy this mantis but I feel that the photo could have benefited from a smaller depth of field, the bokeh just doesn't feel pronounced enough, if it was more dramatic I think it would pull the eye more to the mantis, because right now the idol in the background is prominent enough to move my eye towards it.

Also, the lens flare in a bunch of them feels more detracting from the shot rather than helping it's composure, especially in delicate where I can't tell if you want the focus to be on the sun or the flowers in the center of the frame.

Really though, keep up the good work. I enjoy seeing more photography in this section. And if you don't mind me asking what do you shoot with? Favorite lens?

Also could I possible get a fullsized version of spring? I'd love to make it desktop on my MacBook.

Yeah I understand what you mean with the lighting. XD;
    /would have edited that beforehand but...no graphical editing program now!

Mhm yeah, I was trying to make it stand out and I figured the best way to get the flowers to stand out was to do that, or something. Buuut yeah, I tried re-taking that, anyway.

Just a simple kodak easyshare camera.
    /totally needs a better camera

And uhh...the lens on it don't really change, unless you mean a setting in the camera and I'm just not thinking right. XD

Ooh :O
    https://i.imgur.com/BEc2H.jpg
    ^ there's Spring full-sized! ...idk it looked nicer smaller but that's just imo lol.

I love "delicate" and "sunshine" most out of these, but all were great photos. All the shots had pretty good depth to them.

You clearly like...the sun a lot then. XD

I like these! My favourite is the preying mantis one (so cute n_n) and all the ones of flowers. :D

My favourite is "spring". The lighting & colours are a bit muted so it feels really calming and it's a really good shot. :)

Yeees, the praying mantis was adorable. XD

Yeah I altered the white balance for it to open shade to get that effect. XD;

I SAID I WAS GONNA HAVE THE FIRST POST. ;________________;

In other news, all the pictures are interesting and the angles are really clever.

I shall follow this thread. n________n

My favourite is 'No Description'. n_n
    Aww 36! Next...time? XD
    Yeah no description doesn't get much love, lol.

yellow

★ I took two shots of this earlier today and personally I think that one turned out pretty good, but yeah.

sepiaaaaaa

★ Okay I really like this. I chose to take it in sepia cause it makes it stand out.

delicate p2?

★ Didn't turn out how I wanted D;

centrepiece

★ Um, I dunno, might've worked better if the flower was bigger.

nothing special

★ Meh!

it's... a beetle

★ Yeah dunno, but somehow it stands out.

have a flower

★ Just a flower. XD;

bad but oh well!

★ It looks bad, but...yeah.

blur

★ ...too bright, but still!

The Red Chain

You heard my thoughts on your first set of photos, and my favorites on these, but I'll go ahead and critique. :3

Yellow
    I rather like this one. The flower's bright color stands out against the ground. The lighting is good enough to help the flower stand out, but not to the point where it's blinding. The little black spots twirling around the center of the flower draws attention right to the flower, which is amazing since it's your focal point. Great job on this one. <3

Sepia
    Now this one is interesting. The sepia effect you used definitely helps to bring out the focal point, but what would have really made this perfect is if you left the color on the focal point [the plant], and kept the sepia on the rest of the picture.

Delicate p2
    To be perfectly honest, I prefer the original Delicate. The original had just one tiny plant sticking out from the rest of the growth, with the lighting on it just right. This one lacks lighting, color, and an actual focal point. The "delicate" flowers just seem a tad over excessive in this one.

Centerpiece
    Despite the flower not being much bigger, nor looking different from the rest, it does stand out. It's in the center of the photo, and the rest of the flowers and plants are blurred out to draw even more attention to the centerpiece. It's a lovely photo, and one of my favorites in this batch~.

Nothing Special
    There is something that is actually very special in this picture. From an outsider looking in, the background behind this flower looks very much like a little pond and a somewhat waterfall effect due to the blur above it. It has a wild feel to it that is so hard to get with a picture from your own yard.

It's a Beetle
    Haha, that's very adorable. I like how it's black contrasts yet flows with the concrete. Very simple, and I wouldn't have it any other way. :3

Have a Flower
    Just like from the "Nothing Special" photo, you recreated yet another wildflower feel. The flower is big, it's bright, it's beautiful. The background is very grassy and has that feel of being out on a walk in a forest that I love so much. <3

"Bad" but oh well
    To me, this one isn't bad at all. I love the ground view that you used. It makes the flowers feel powerful since you can see how they stand so proudly almost. The sun's light is a tad bright, but from the point of view you used, it gives a more natural "above" feel.

Blur
    As you said, it is a little over bright. But, sometimes that's not a bad thing. Like in this case it looks fine to me.. though not the best picture of this batch, it's definitely one of a kind.

Last edited:

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • Ah Nica, you've always had a good eye for photography. XD

Anywho I love pretty much all of your work, not to be biased. And I don't think you use a fancy camera if I recall, so your photography is pretty amazing. You have a fair few images, so I'll just comment on the ones that caught my eye the most. :3

https://i.imgur.com/XQNns.png
    I love the colours in this image, and how the background is blurred out, making the middle flower piece stand out more.

https://i.imgur.com/R7Md1.png
    The Pray mantis is my favourite insect, and I have never seen a brown one to be honest. XD I love it though, it's adorable.

https://i.imgur.com/3kTLP.png
    And your dog Cuba, he's also adorable, I'd just like to point that out. Haha.

https://i.imgur.com/dsCcH.png
    And I love this, the position is just amazing. :3

And yeah, you should take more pictures, maybe of other things either than flowers and stuff, they are pretty never the less! But more variety would be nice. XD ahhh don't shoot me ily

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • Just a simple kodak easyshare camera.
    /totally needs a better camera

And uhh...the lens on it don't really change, unless you mean a setting in the camera and I'm just not thinking right. XD

Ah, I thought you had a DSLR body with interchangable lenses, my mistake. Though some of those definitely look like they were shot with nicer glass than a point and shoot.

I think you have an for composition, but here's a challenge, just take a few seconds/minutes before each of you next shots and think about how it'll turn out and what you could do prior to make it better. It'll make a much better photographer in the long run. I also think you could definitely benefit from a DSLR, the control over shutter and aperture could definitely help you make some more artistic photos, but you're doing quite well for a point and shoot.

Last edited:
    Back