• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fashion

moments.

quixotic
Years
  • What is your style when it comes to clothing (skater, scene etc)? Why do you dress the way you do (comfort, looks)? If you had to wear one piece of clothing from a different style, what would it be?

-Scourge-

Come Together
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    My style is kind of skater but mostly my own kind, I wear clothes for both looks and confort, because you have to look good and feel great too.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I guess my style would be kinda like.. an edgy classic? :C I love QUALITY stuff.. stuff that's sewn really well- lots of seams and construction.. but with a bit of a twist. For me both comfort and looks really matter- you should be comfortable in what you wear.. but also presentable.

I dunno what other style I'd choose, really.. :C Maybe.. something from men's fashion like a fedora would be kinda cool to wear. Or like a tie.. heck maybe even try to do something to pull off a bowtie might be pretty interesting for a girl.

Fashion

I love this sorta thing but I don't have enough clothing to consistently put together looks like that ALL the time.. I wear fancy-er stuff once in a while though.

Last edited:
    Years
  • My dress sense would fall into the alternative/indie (more commonly categorised with "scene") style.
    I own 57 T-Shirts (at last count) because they are comfortable and I like how they look.
    I also own 10 different pairs of jeans, styles restricted to skinny & straight leg, but they are of varying colours.
    Shoes. Oh boy, do I have some shoes. I have a few pairs of dress shoes, for fancy occasions and stuff, all Italian leather, the way I like. Other than that I have a variety of skate shoes and the chucks as well, both high and low cut ones. My favourites being the Neons. (Pink outside, yellow inside, blue tongue, green laces. heck yes!)

I think I may have too many clothes for a straight guy really.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    My style is kind of a cross between 80's new wave and "nerdy" clothing. For looks and comfort, I guess, because I find pretty much anything comfortable except jeans or tank tops, I've never liked wearing those. (Although I find things comfortable that most people don't. Like, I wear ties all the time and most people think they're really uncomfortable. And skirts, I really don't see how people think they're uncomfortable. At least they don't cling to your legs annoyingly like pants do.) And I do like how both of those styles look, but I like them both so I kind of mix them together in a way that most people probably think looks terrible. :P

Were I to wear something from a different style, I'd probably just wear something outdated, but otherwise relatively normal. I just don't like things that are too stylish.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Shorts and T-shorts. Shorts are comfy and easy to wear. *gets shot*
    But really, it is. When you see me in real life, you'll probably see me in a white T-Shirt and some shorts. When going out or something, though, I wear something fancy like ...long sleeves or something. xD And yes, I know the fact that I used "something" 3 times.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • I've got this "indie" looking style going on, and i honestly love the look, even though we get assumed as hipsters, lawl.

If i had to pick a piece of clothing from a different "click" i'd probably go with... scene? or not.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I love fashion, so dressing up daily is a must for me :) not anything too fancy, but I do like to look nice. I'm a big fan of layers and my favorite outfits include: a skirt, tights, boots, a shirt, a sweater, and a scarf + jewelery (earrings, rings, and a bracelt). If I'm not wearing a scarf, then a long necklace :D

if it's too cold for a skirt, pretty much the same thing but with jeans.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • Really, I don't care about what I wear much as long as it is comfy and my friends complain that I should be more into how I look because I'm a female (Yeah, they care too much about their appearance), but to be honest I really, really, really, don't care. For me, I really know what it's name would be. The lazy style? ...I don't know. I just find a shirt, some comfy jeans and a hooded jacket with some converse or trainers and get going. Yeah, my 'wardrobe' isn't exciting. It's barley there. Eh, if I had to change something just for the fun of it I'd try wearing some trackies (sporty!) or something like that for the difference.

Yeah, I hate clothes shopping.

Years
  • I would love to get into wearing cool clothes but to be honest I don't want to waste my money on clothes when I could be buying music gear, so unless I suddenly come across a tonne of money, chances are I won't be fashionable any time soon. But I'd love to be, there's so many cool looks you can do and if I could I'd love to try some of them out.

As for what I wear now, I'm usually in jeans (or sometimes black cargo pants), a band t-shirt and a jacket (sort of like a track jacket but bigger and with a hood), which depending on the temperature is usually worn open. In summer I'll usually just wear a pair of shorts and a white t-shirt though.

Years
  • I usually wear regular stuff. Random jeans, random t-shirts, random pullovers, random everything. Nothing interesting, really. I've been wanting to include some band shirts into my wardrobe for quite a while now, but still didn't got around to do it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    pretty much kura's answer. i like to dress casually and comfortably, adding on a touch of urban classic- but nothing over the top. i'd like to have more quality clothes, but i dont get to shop much and when i do i'm on a limited budget. i manage to stay cheap and look nice :o3

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I have my jeans, my t-shirts, my hoodies and my collared shirts + suit for anything fancy. I have never worn that suit in my life, it probably doesn't even fit me any more. I'd like to wear some of my decent shirts more, but I'd stick out like a sore thumb (everyone at my college wears leather) so I won't.

Funnily enough, most of the clothes bought for me by my nan/aunts & uncles when I was about 10-14 didn't fit me then, and most of it doesn't even fit me now. So I'm pretty much set for the next year or two, by wearing stuff that's 4+ years old. Just a load of rugby tops and hipster shirts, but I have no intention of either playing rugby or becoming a hipster.

Males have it easy.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I mostly wear dress shirts with the cuffs undone and jeans. But really, if they're clean and they fit I'll wear them.

Ayselipera

Okay I searched the internet forever trying to find something similar to what I wear and this is the best I could find. D:

Fashion

For shoes I'm likely to wear either boots or sneakers. I don't really have a certain sneaker brand I buy. I just go with whatever looks nice. At the moment I only have one pair of gray Converses. As for boots I have many pairs and I tend to wear them more so then the sneakers. I always wear either jeans, jeggings, or leggings. I tend to incorporate scarves into my outfits or when it's really cold I love to wear those hats that have ear flaps. :D I have a jacket just like the one in that picture except it's black that I'll wear. Most of the time I tend to just wear a nice shirt with a cardigan or sweater over it. Although I feel like when I say sweater people get the impression of a knitted Christmas or bulky ugly sweater which isn't what I mean at all.

Anyways I dress the way I do because I think it's both comfortable and stylish. As Kura said in her post, I can't always dress like this. Some days I'll put on a sweatshirt and sweatpants and call it a day. I like nice clothing and I do try to look nice, but if I'm really tired, sick, or freezing I'm not going to bother.

Here's a picture of the hat with ear flaps in case you're wondering.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Stratos99

Banned
    Years
  • For pants I usually stick with jeans. Most of them are slim fitting and some of them are a little big, but I never wear skinny jeans. I don't think they'd look good on me. I have a few different belts I switch between and whenever I get a new one, one tends to fall out of the rotation. They're the sort of belts you'd find at hot topic, they aren't anything overly 'edgy' but they aren't the plain suit and tie belts either. I don't really have a set shirt style, sometimes it'll resemble abercrombie and other times it'll just be a plain white beater. Thermals stand out as something I wear a lot that other people don't tend to as much, and I like flannel as well. I try to wear a hoodie as much as possible, and depending on what else I'm wearing it could be a plain gray zip up or something with a skater logo on it.

If I had to choose one thing to try and stick with I'd probably go with thermals and flannels on top of a nice pair of slim fitting jeans.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Collared shirts and Khaki and other non-denim pants lend a somewhat professional but laid back look for me.

Of course I own some T-shirts too, and that makes me look even more casual when I wear those. XD

Pair that with a bit of nail polish and you've got my style down. It's modern I guess. I really don't know or care enough about fashion to really know them well.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Clothes. That' my fashion. I wear whatever I can fit into, including things that are 10+ years old.

Although I almost wear my handy fedora in public. It's almost like a symbol - easily recognizable, y'know?

Headfirst For Halos

[insert ellipses here]
    Years
  • I dress in Headfirst For Halos-nese.

What does that mean?

Mucho black with splashes of color here and there. All my pants are skinny jeans or something comftorable/dressy-ish. I'm short and I think the whole "my pants get ruined because I can step on the hems" works for me, even though some of my family members disapprove of this style quirk of mine's. I prefer fitted shirts over baggy. Some other stuff, but I'm not willing to type it all here for the sake of people's attention spans.

That being said, I dress something similar to this most of the time:

https://www.polyvore.com/002/set?id=24464472

Last edited:
    Back