• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Official 4th Gen Shiny Thread

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
  • Shiny's are cool, but they are just crazy rare. Too rare for me to spend the time searching for one, but I do catch them when I see them.

I caught a Shiny Golbat in HG.
    The Red Gyarados doesn't really count, I mean, its still a shiny, but everyone gets one.
    But in Pokemon White, I did get a Shiny Solrock.

That's every Shiny that I have ever caught.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yay posts! Don't be shy people!

As for myself... discounting trades I found a shiny Tentacool by chance in Diamond, and I have chained a number of shiny Pokemon via the Pokeradar. Houndour, Shinx, an army of shiny Eevee are among those... I may go for more stuff during my holiday but we shall see!

As for HGSS I found a shiny Donphan and Miltank on separate monotype run-throughs.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Yay posts! Don't be shy people!

As for myself... discounting trades I found a shiny Tentacool by chance in Diamond, and I have chained a number of shiny Pokemon via the Pokeradar. Houndour, Shinx, an army of shiny Eevee are among those... I may go for more stuff during my holiday but we shall see!

As for HGSS I found a shiny Donphan and Miltank on separate monotype run-throughs.
    Speaking of shiny Tentacool, I have one in SoulSilver, along with a Golbat.

I used to have these shinies, but I lost them when I lost the games themselves:
    -Roselia (Platinum)
    -Sneasel (Platinum)
    -Marill (Platinum)
    -Blissey (Platinum)
    -Mewtwo (HeartGold)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 30, 2011
    Trying my hand at shiny hunting with the pokeradar right now. Any tips guys? my biggest streak is 17 and it just seems crap haha. Oh, and if i evolve a shiny poke, does it remain shiny? Thanks!

EDIT: just clicked on the hyper link regarding pokeradar, sorry.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Yes, if a shiny pokemon evolves it's still shiny (if it didn't, then how the heck would you get a shiny crobat?)

As for shiny's I've found, I found a Shiny Stantler and a Shiny Swinub on a normal type run of Silver, but that was an emulator while I was grinding with the speed up button so that doesn't count
    In HeartGold, I found a shiny Tentacool. I plan on moving it to white and using it for competetive battle once I beat White (replaying it currently).

TheGhostFlame

The Ghost Flame
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    Just spent a long time soft resetting, and I got a shiny Rayquaza.... Normally I don't catch legendaries, but I was bored, and omg, she is awesome!! I also have a shiny Bidoof, let me hive you some news, it looks exactly the same as it does non-shiny. I also managed to breed for a shiny Vulpix. :D I can't wait to evolve her.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • So far, I have had:
    A shiny polywhirl
    a shiny Luxray (evolved from a shiny shinx)
    A shiny sniesel
    A shiny psyduck
    and...
    A shiny sableye from emerald.

Polywhirl is lost, since it was in my old Gold and that is broken now... but I still have all the others!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • So far, i've caught:
    Shiny Buneary and Ponyta in Pearl
    Shiny Meowth in Soul Silver
    Shiny Swinub in Platinum.

I still have all of them except Ponyta who I've traded to a friend.

Cresselia*

Ace trainer
    Years
  • I've caught a shiny Pachirisu once in Diamond, and at first I was like, why the heck is it pink?!?!
    But later I found out it was shiny <3 (never ever found a shiny after that one anymore, in none of the games I have ;_;)

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 29, 2011
    I've only caught a shiny Ursaring and the standard red Gyarados...

Shiny Gardevoir

I huntz shiniez
    Years
  • Most of my shinies are from chaining (ralts, shinx, gastly, phanpy, miltank, snubull, houndoom, nidorino, togepi, swellow, misdreavus, wurmple, buneary, spoink, sentret, ditto, swablu, etc...), some from trading (shiny zangoose, bagon, totodile, growlithe, vulpix, tangela, butterfree, roserade, gligar, cyndaquil, etc...), a few from hatching (skorupi, shellder, spiritomb, torchic, piplup, treecko, staryu, lileep) and one random encounter of a shiny Cascoon <_<

Shiny Politoed

Dreamer
    Years
  • in diamond in like 2007 XD my first run i caught a shiny wurmple,shinx and skymory traded them all but now i have a good collection of them on white :P

Logan_AT

Often Lost in Thought
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    ...I still haven't encountered another shiny since 2nd Gen...on the other hand my SS game seems to have made up for it by giving me spectacular luck at PKRS.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2016
    Couple weeks ago I got a shiny cyndaquil after SRing around 100 times, I leveled it up all the way to a level 40 Typhlosion then I traded it to Pokemon platinum so I could SR for a different shiny starter and ended up finding another shiny cyndaquil after about 15-20 SRs (Half happy, and half sad)

mic000899

Amateur Trainer
    Years
  • Just today I was training my Nidoking in Mt. Silver and voila: a shiny tangela appeared. :D I was so happy. This is my third shiny. The first was obviously the shiny Gyarados and the second I got was by breeding a squirtle, which made me feel giddy inside. LOL

Years
  • I never encountered any Shiny Pokemon in the fourth generation, other than Gyarados in HG/SS. :(
    I didn't even catch my first shiny until fifth generation XD

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
  • I've never found shinies that.. appealing. I always thought the red Gyarados in G/S/C was just an abnormality when I first played through those games. The only shiny I've encountered in the wild is a shiny Roselia on Platinum.

Back