Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread

Old September 23rd, 2011 (8:40 AM). Edited March 5th, 2012 by EdensElite.
No0b, but getting there.

Nature: Bold
    The first major hack project by Edens Elite; Pokemon Imperial Contingency

I always loved pokemon. Pokemon Blue was my first ever video game, and Pokemon Black was my most recent, and through every game, I always thought "I wish I could make my own." And to my delight, I one day accidently came across a hack in which somebody replaced a OW with Sonic, eventually I found Light Platinum and finally here.

Today, I am here to present my hack Pokemon Imperial Contingency. It's about a king who was kidnapped and it is up to the prince to save him. Yeah, yeah. Sounds unoriginal, but if you want to hear where it gets good, head to the story section. Without further ado; I present my hack.

Spoiler:
    A young prince begins his day of training by picking a pokemon from the Garden of Eden (pun intended.) and then fights one of the king's knights. After the battle, the Master Guardsmen declares your training to be over and you should now go out and start your journey as a Pokemon Trainer to gain experience and wisdom in order to be a worthy king.

At that moment a royal messenger arrives on the scene in distress and informs the Master Guardsmen that the king is in trouble. The MG follows him out as he tells you to stay there. You naturally ignore his advice and end up at the throne room, just in time to see what appears to be a evil sorcerror announce himself as Team Renegade, a criminal syndicate consisting of mostly a band of bumbling, blithering, brainless bandits lead by a evil wizard; jealous of the King's power. He appears to be in charge. The MG has already been defeated and is on the floor. With an evil laugh, The wizard flees the scene, kidnapping the king! You approach the MG who tells you that you are the only one who can save the king and you must go save him. Slightly daunted, but courageous nonetheless you set out to save your father.

As you pass by the first town, destruction rues. One of the locals tell you of have Team Renegade tore the place up on route to the castle. Strangely the mart seems completely uneffected, and another local mentions how a strong strainer protected it and he should be still around somewhere. You search him out and you can immediately tell he is a traveler from another region. He introduces himself as Wes. You tell him about how you are going to save the king and he decides he will test you. After you defeat him he tells you of a old friend in the next town over and you should speak to him as he knows much about Team Renegade. On a final note, he warns you that Renegade now occupy most of Albion. with many followers, so you should be careful.

You head over to the closest town, to seek out Wes' friend. After you find him he tells you that the Wizard's power is controlled by Eight Amulets, once destroyed, he will then become defeatable, but still powerful. Unfortunately, these badges are in very safe hands and are scattered all over Albion in the keeping of the Wizard's Bandit Chieftains. In order to save the king you must obtain and destroy these amulets. Can you save the world? Want to know more? Why did I basically rip off Voldemort's horcruxes? Find out, when you play Imperial Contingency!

* No Trade Evolutions
    * New Bags, OWS, Trainers etc.
    * Complete overhaul of Kanto Region with a new world map.
    * Night and Day System
    * New Pokemon. With Custom, Unova and Sinnoh.
    * New Items
    * A Choice of 16 Starter Pokemon
    * New Tilesets
    * Loads of funny, Subtle and not-so-subtle Memes and References.
    * Loads of Legandaries available throughout the story, each with their own event (Yep, they are all in there but some don't fit in the story.)
    * Some unique shops such as Berry, Fossil and more.
    * A Trade Center, A big hall where loads of NPC want to trade.
    * More fun wild pokemon. Let's face it. Where all sick of Pidgey and Rattata.
    * Loads of old (and technically new) characters and OWs such as Lucas and Wes, plus LOOOOOOADS more!
    *Plus many more!

Possible Features
    Features that MIGHT be included eventually.

*All Pokemon are B/W Sprites. Actually making good hedway with this project so it might happen, but i'll insert them last.

*Behaviour Byte, to make windows emit light at night.

*Skills Idea. Basically, I want you to think runescape. Ellaborate scripts etc can be put together to make it fancy etc. and I've got a few ideas but the basics are: I want to be able to have a item (e.g Pickaxe) that I may use on a particular point to (in this example) mine.

I thought this may be possible as the idea is similar to headbutting a tree, I think a behaviour byte could do this, the next part is a system in which every 4 or 5 'mines' You level up and are notified with a little message 'your level 5' etc etc.

I have a few ideas to spice it up such as having woodcutting, fishing and cooking. Where you can make a fire and cook the fish etc. You see where I'm going with this. I was also going to have prizes for when you reach a certain level ETCETCETCETC. This will be explained more when it gets developed.

Spoiler:

I updated the Starter selection. It's much better now .

It was kind of annoying but, your characters portrait will appear when you interact or talk.

I was bored, so I made some textboxes .

Thanks to the awesome WesleyFG for inserting my world map, if you read the description of the video on youtube, I sorta failed a bit :L. But it's there!

Finally sorted out Trading. For something so simple, it is a b****.

Just a little scene, which i've been working on.

Heres some of the Trainers I created,

Will update when I release an Alpha

Welcome to the Team section. I'm not amazing at hacking yet. But I am not one of those "Complete my hack for pl0x!!!11!1!" Guys. My only major weakness at the moment is scripting and I will be working on that. To join just PM me or leave a comment etc. and say what your applying for, What Time Zone your in (Or just country if you don't know), How much time you have for this hack and proof of work.

I retain the right to kick anyone out or to stop anyone from joining this little crew as I see fit. No offense but NO NEWBS! I have nothing against them except, I have a basic skill in most things so there is no need for them.

Avaliable Jobs

Scripter - Mostly just generically.

Script Developer - To help make scripts for things such as the possible features.

Mapper Consultant - I'm trying my best to do this myself, so I would only need you when I get really stuck or something doesn't work.

Tile Inserter - I can do it, but I suck at it.

Spriter - I'm ok at spriting but not great. Can be specific to one thing if you want, but I need a OW, Back Sprite and Trainer Spriter.

ASM Hacker - Do I need a reason as to why I need help with this? Don't worry there won't be a MASSIVE amount of this in the hack.

Song Inserter/Looper - I might learn how to do this soon, for now though; I supply the .MIDs you insert them. Easy...

More to be added if I remember any.

Current Team Members

Edens Elite - Team Leader, and other stuff...
    M.L - Mapper Consultant, Script Developer

None as of yet.

Credits section. Speaks for itself. Also thinking of a fun idea where I turn one of the Sevii Islands into 'Credits Island' with NPCs saying stuff like 'I'm Eden's Elite, I made this hack' etc.

Me, Obvs - Made the Hack
    Nurse Barbra - Her ROM-Base, Even if it did F*** up 90% of the outdoor tiles...
    Wesley FG - For being my inspiration, and also inserting my World map and creating some of my trainers through commission.
    DavidJCobb - Helping me MASSIVELY, and a nice guy as well.
    Jambo51 - Also a great help

Thanks for reading. Will be adding a beta as soon as possible. Also if anybody is any good at making animated GIFs, I would REALLY appreicate a support bar.

Pokemon™ Imperial Contingency is a non-profit game no way related to Nintendo.. All media and conceptual design © Nintendo 2011. Pokemon characters and images belong to Pokemon USA, Inc.

ROM Hacking was getting frustrating for me. I've now stopped productions and writing the game from scratch in HTML 5.

That means it will be playable in the browser, and across multiple devices such as the iPod touch.

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 25th, 2011 (4:44 AM).
    No0b, but getting there.

Reserving the space, Just in case

ROM Hacking was getting frustrating for me. I've now stopped productions and writing the game from scratch in HTML 5.

That means it will be playable in the browser, and across multiple devices such as the iPod touch.
      Old September 25th, 2011 (5:18 AM).
      ha

Nature: Jolly
        Hm. I don't think I've ever seen a mix of pokemon and king&prince sorta stories...
        The mapping does need more work, although I can't be a consultant.
        Althoguh they aren't bad, personally I think more could jump out of it.

And I love the skills idea, though I think thats been tried(and failed)

Pokemon LP Screenshot Walkthrough aint dead, cuz[EP10] IS FINALLY OUT
        http://pkmlpscreenwalkthrough.weebly.com/
        Old September 25th, 2011 (5:32 AM).

thanks for sharing。。。is a good game!I like it
          sorry for bad english
          Old September 25th, 2011 (7:02 AM).
          Guess who's back?

Nature: Naughty
            Looks good... story is great and tiles (they look farmiliar) but the maps are a bit empty
            Old September 25th, 2011 (9:24 AM).
            No0b, but getting there.

The tiles look familiar as i used a rom base which I forgot to mention (Ill add credits in a sec) the maps in those screenshots are supposed to be empty and big, to give the impression of a big castle. Thanks for the feedback though guys.

Old September 25th, 2011 (11:13 AM).
              Still alive

Nature: Lax
                I love the story very original! I really like where this is going so keep it up!
                Old September 26th, 2011 (6:12 AM).
                No0b, but getting there.

Updated the log; woukd appreciate if anyone has an answer to my problem.

Old September 26th, 2011 (9:30 AM).
                  i never want to leave this sunset town
                  • Platinum Tier
                  • PokéCommunity Daily
                  • Discord Moderoid
                  • Developer

Nature: Quirky
                  The tiles are cool here, and I'd say your big problem is maps and scripts. This is not gonna go anywhere without scripts, so you should show some off if you have them. The maps are way too empty and have tile errors with the trees (some of them are missing side overlaps). The graphics are good, as well as the story, but that's it. Being blunt, this needs work.
                  Old September 26th, 2011 (1:38 PM).
                  No0b, but getting there.

Like I said before, this section of the game is supposed to be big and empty, as you move on, it will improve. Thanks for the feedback though.

Old September 26th, 2011 (1:44 PM).
                    Guess who's back?

Nature: Naughty
                      In fairness if you own a castle your either rich or posh (no offence to no-one) but you'd have a giant garden or something to fill up the space, just to show off .. make like flower gardens or statues(more) or something as a filler to all that space.
                      Old September 26th, 2011 (4:39 PM).
                      Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
                        I dunno why, but that lake looks weird to me.
                        Maybe have to pokemon in it be under a layer of water, so they don't look like they';re floating?
                        Old September 27th, 2011 (10:36 AM).
                        No0b, but getting there.

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
                          In fairness if you own a castle your either rich or posh (no offence to no-one) but you'd have a giant garden or something to fill up the space, just to show off .. make like flower gardens or statues(more) or something as a filler to all that space.
                          I understand what your saying, unfortunately my rom base screwed up most of my outdoor tiles so ill have to re-insert them.

And ive update quite a few things since the screenshots, a screenshot update and video will be up on the weekend.

Old September 28th, 2011 (5:48 AM).

The history looks great, the grafic of the bag too.
                            The tiles are very nice, but the scans are also empty.

keep it up!
                            Old September 28th, 2011 (8:42 AM).
                            Also known as Chozo

Looking good, I think this one should be interesting. 16 starters is a whole lot, good luck scripting that. I like the Dragonite-themed bags, they look really good. My favorite part might be the banner and the CSS though, the thread looks good.

Old October 12th, 2011 (1:28 PM).
                              No0b, but getting there.

Great new guys! Ive got back up and further on my hack, plus thanls to the amazing DavidJCobb, I have solved the issues that previously plagued me. All I need to do is create a few OWs and chuck in some scripts and we'll be ready for an alpha!

Old October 12th, 2011 (5:14 PM).
                                Everyone currently in an argument with this member: I really suggest you stop.
                                • Gold Tier

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by EdensElite View Post
                                Credits section. Speaks for itself. Also thinking of a fun idea where I turn one of the Sevii Islands into 'Credits Island' with NPCs saying stuff like 'I'm Eden's Elite, I made this hack' etc.
                                I did something like this where I showed early versions of maps/completely scrapped maps.
                                And then in the next game I gave the player access to my Debug Room.

If you legitimately make those things, and then give it to the player exactly how it was during development, I think it's fun doing stuff like that. It's like a "behind the scenes".
                                Old October 12th, 2011 (5:30 PM).
                                Majestic Fairies

Title made me go in the thread xD
                                  and the Hero's Shirt.... seems to have the Leaf Village Emblem from Naruto.
                                  Old October 13th, 2011 (3:11 PM).
                                  Minnesotan, you betcha!

Nature: Rash
                                    Hmm... Its an interesting concept. I'm expecting a lot from this story. It's actually quite original.

Here's some things I noticed while reading; I'm not very "Dig-Deepy", so I probably didn't notice those little things others might have.
                                    -The storyline has some minor grammatical errors. Just go through it again and you'll be fine.
                                    -Some small mapping issues too: I center myself around mapping and tiles, so things like that incomplete building in the beginning send shivers down my spine. And not in a good way. I don't mind the castle, since I get what you're trying to do. But I would appreciate more castle-y tiles
                                    -The last screenshot made me cringe. Nice, straight lines are never in nature. Unless you count those weird Fibonacci things...
                                    -Your scripting looks fine to me.
                                    -The bag made me laugh. Nice job.
                                    -The paths don't really match everything else... If you need me to I guess I could try and make you some, but you could keep them.
                                    -Keep up the good work. Keep chuggin'!

----------------------------
                                    Beta 1 Coming Soon! ||||||||||
                                    Old October 25th, 2011 (1:28 PM).
                                    No0b, but getting there.

Good New Everyone! I've more or less completed the graphics for the alpha, I just need to do the scripting. If there is anyone out there that can script please drop me a VM, and I may be able to release an Alpha this week!

Old October 25th, 2011 (1:29 PM).
                                      No0b, but getting there.

Good News Everyone! I've more or less completed the graphics for the alpha, I just need to do the scripting. If there is anyone out there that can script please drop me a VM, and I may be able to release an Alpha this week!

Old October 25th, 2011 (3:12 PM).

Love the the idea, seems original. I like the slowking hat for the crown. Hope you find some people to help with the project (i would offer but i dont know anything about creating a hack). Can't wait to see the final product
                                          Old October 26th, 2011 (7:21 AM).
                                          No0b, but getting there.

THREAD UPDATE: Added more screenshots. Planning on adding more videos soon, but they are low priority.

Old November 7th, 2011 (4:12 PM).
                                            Still Aspertia's Aspie

Nature: Lonely
                                              It may be a good idea to add a disclaimer at the start saying that this game's saves are not compatible with FireRed saves and vice versa.
                                              Old December 3rd, 2011 (10:05 AM).
                                              No0b, but getting there.

Thanks, I'll probably add that in when I release the alpha (Which is coming closer and closer btw. Just debugging and adding scripts.)

Edit: Updated the thread with more stuff for you guys. I'm pretty much just doing the scripting now. Sorry that nothings happened for a while but I've had some personal problems getting inthe way. Let me know what you think of the changes.

Closed Thread
                                                Quick Reply

Sponsored Links