• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Whimsicott] vs Lilligant

Whimsicott or Lilligant?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

Black and White Weekly Poll #4: Whimsicott vs Lilligant

[Whimsicott] vs Lilligant
    [Whimsicott] vs Lilligant

Poll #4 of Pokémon VS Pokémon (Gen 5), and we bring to you, Whimsicott VS Lilligant!

Quick Stats:
    - Whimsicott is most used with the prankster set (substitute/u-turn, leech seed, encore, stun spore/taunt/toxic)
    - Lilligant (RU) Whimsicott (UU)
    - Lilligant is used as a threat and a sweeper
    - Whimsicott's looks can be deceiving, and so can Lilligant's!

Which one will you pick? DUN DUN DUN.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Competitively, I'd use Whimsicott due to Prankster and access to Taunt. In-Game, I'd use Lilligant due to Quiver Dance and its access to Giga Drain.

But I'd choose Lilligant since it's grown on me during my run on White TBH.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I love both, but for different reasons. Whimsicott is SO much fun to use with Prankster, while Lilligant is just pretty SO in the end, for battling purposes, going with Whimsicott. :x Everyone who hasn't tried to use it totally should, sooo much fun ;__;

Never used either in-game though!

GOOD LUCK WHIMSICOTT.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Well, I've never used either in-game, but I am going to do a solo challenge with Cottonee/Whimsicott...

I like them both, for different reasons like Forever said. Lilligant is appealing to the eye, but Whimsicott is interesting and also has access to Hurricane, which is pretty cool. Ima go with Whimsicott for this one, but it is a very close call for me. :3

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    Lilligant takes the cake for me. It gets one of the best set up moves, QUiver Dance, and having Chlorophyll makes it an even better sweeper in the sun. Plus it has access to the strongest special grass move, Leaf Storm.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Whimsicott is one of the few Grass critters I actually like at all, so it gets my vote in a heartbeat! Normally Grass Pokemon just don't cut it for me (for whatever reason), but there's something about Whimsicott's design and its stats that really works.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Aside from anything competitive, I just love Whimsicott's design and I like Cottonee too. I don't really like Lilligant at all.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I haven't used either, and I'm not a fan of Lilligant's "look at me I'm girly" design. :x I love the design of Whimsicott lol.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    Ohhh, this is a hard one- but I'm gonna go with Lilligant!

I've used Whimsicott quite a bit competitively-ish, but it's disappointing a lot of times. It gets checked a lot by other taunting Whimsicotts or faster Pranksters, then it's basically useless. Prankster hardly lets it make use of it's highest stat, which I dislike, because it's low other stats don't allow it to wall (along with all of it's weaknesses) or deal much damage. But it *is* really nice to have when your opponent isn't prepared for it.

Lilligant, on the other hand, can be quite powerful- but its movepool is shallow and it needs support. I'd probably run something like;

Sleep Powder
    Solar Beam
    Dream Eater
    HP Fighting

Obviously, I'd have something bulky like Dusknoir open up with Sunny Day and then Gravity (so Sleep Power doesn't miss). Then swap to Lilligant, put it to sleep with my double speed, then proceed to use which of its three attacks are most effective while the opponent is sleeping. If they wake up and I take damage? No problem, put em back to sleep and Dream Eater off the damage.

Dream Eater and HP are literally all of Lilligants non-normal/grass attacks. :( It's also quite frail so I would use Focus Sash to make sure it lives when it swaps in/opponent wakes up- then heal back to full.

Last edited:

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    I love Whimsicott's design. Lilligant never looked as cool though, although I would prefer it as a special sweeper. Whimsicott, like everyone else mentioned, has a fun ability along with the prankster moveset. I'd choose Whimsicott because I think it looks cool and it would be fun to mess with people in battles.

Years
    This was a hard one... I tried both in my Pokemon Black.

Even though Whimsicott is the one exclusive to my game, I managed to trade for that Petilil and evolved her into Lilligant.

I have both Pokemon and although Prankster is nice for Whimsicott, it's Lilligant's Own Tempo/Petal Dance combo (no confusion!) and ability to learn Quiver Dance made me say Lilligant.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    I foresaw this coming. :)

I have not yet used Lilligant in my ingame runs, but it with Quiver Dance was highly notorious for sweeping teams. (might as well try it out sometime).

But, Whimsicott. Ah! Prankster is such an ambrosia for Whimsicott. Leech Seed, Stun Spore, Taunt. Whimsicoot i such a cute annoyer! when I used it in PO, I used sweep teams indefinitely when back up with Whimsicott (though when LO Infernape started appearing, I kinda slowed down). It's design is also great, so I'm going for whimsicott.

Zoey Redbird

❤ HoN ❤
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2012
    I love both of them so much. :/
    I haven't used either of them in battle or in-game, so I'll just go off looks.

I picked Whimsicott for its fluffyness. :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Tough choice...

But I decided to settle on Lilligant because it looks pretty and can actually fight back (despite its extremely shallow offensive movepool), unlike Whimsicott. But still, Whimsicott has its perks, including cuteness, fluffiness and a huge support movepool (Prankster makes it even better).

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I adore them both but I went with Lilligant. I think Whimsicott is better competitively (although Quiver Dance Lilligant does reck a lot of havoc). It can be really handy with Terrakion when it uses Beat Up and Tailwind. Though I do like Lilligant's appearance better. I also used it on my in-game team in Pokemon White (which makes it a great Pokemon indeed.)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Oh my gosh, I hate them both so much (especially in Pokemon Rumble Blast which is another reason why I hate them more). Hmmm appearance wise, I'll pick the fluffy Whimsicott

:t354:TG

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    Aww that is an hard choice :pink_confused:
    Whimsicott remind me Iris, and there's something wrong with Lilligant, I don't know if it is its cry or something else, but each time I see it I sigh of boring.
    For the design, none of them convince me. Really.
    So, after, for a battle, I think I'd rather use Lilligant. Well, accordingly I choose it !
    She can be really annoying while a strategic battle, she already gave me some difficulties as I can remember, contrary to Whimsicott.
    And, in BW, Whimsicott is a little unbearable when it's moving :pink_frown: Contrary to Lilligant o/

Back