• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2011 is almost over now!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So as we all now know by the massively large notice, 2011 is coming to an end. This thread serves as discussion for your favourite parts of the year, to reflect back on what passed and what could have changed. As well as this, you can also discuss how world events changed your outlook on the year, etc.

So yeah, what was 2011 like for you? Discuss and summarise. :) You can write it up month by month, reply to other posts on their views of 2011, whatever suits you!

...also yeah, since I posted last year's here on December 1st I figured there might as well be a pattern going and also to have total OC domination, yeah you heard me livewire--except not really.

I'll be posting more of my thoughts later, but tbh I can say right now that 2011 was better than 2010, really.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    This year is very fast. I never felt it come.

for me, 2011 is the best year of my life! My social life improved, i was accepted into our country's most prestigious university (it was a late christmas gift)

i can't possibly describe all the months I had, but in general, 2011 has been by far the most generous year to me.

cheers to your greatness, 2011.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    This year's been pretty good, in to terms of getting through school and learning more.
    Although, it doesn't feel like it was here at all. It's gone so fast.
    I wouldn't say it was the "best" year of my life so far though. I feel like it's the more of the most successful year.

This year is very fast. I never felt it come.

for me, 2011 is the best year of my life! My social life improved, i was accepted into our country's most prestigious university (it was a late christmas gift)

i can't possibly describe all the months I had, but in general, 2011 has been by far the most generous year to me.

cheers to your greatness, 2011.

I feel like my social life improved too this year n-n

It's just unfortunate for me, that it went by so quickly.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    2011 was quite weird and unpredictable when it came to world events, huh? That was quite the rollercoaster ride, I think. Some of the biggest news this year literally came out of nowhere!

Personally, I think 2011 is a pretty fine year. To me, it probably is in the "OK" range.

Years
    Most of 2010 was a somewhat ok year, far below average and one of my worst years until then, but not completely horrible, but its December was like the worst month in my entire life, with long-ranging and grave effects - during most of 2011 I was swamped in social isolation, sometimes more, sometimes less depressive and even considered suicide at the worst points. Fortunately, things have been getting better recently, but still I say: 2011 sucked - but, unless anything unpredictable will happen, I will be in a much, much better position after 2011 than after 2010.

lacella

monsters & macarons.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    2011 sucked, but 2010 sucked harder. worse of two evils, really.

this year, my uncle "divorced" our family and pretty much banned our cousins from speaking to us (we were really, really close); i was paralyzed for like two days (lacella is paralyzed!); i've had to deal with an INCREDIBLY CREEPY EX who's just.... ugh.

but last year i consider worse, because at least this year i wasn't in a depressing relationship, with a guy who would take other girls out, and who placed his work over me. that thing just dragged on and on and when i look back, it was a really dark time for me.

don't get me wrong, there were amazing moments this year too. really amazing ones. so maybe it didn't suck so much after all (:

this year, i feel like i've grown closer to someone very special that i love n___n. i feel like i've grown closer to my brother and his wife too, and to my mom. we also got two amazing puppies! who i'm about to go cuddle right now :3. also this year i've felt really lucky to have made some money (even though my budgeting skills suck) so i can buy pretty things :3. i have access to an internet cafe where i get unlimited whenever i'm there aaaaaaaand oh, i joined pc! xD

also, just a sidenote, i feel really, really grateful to have survived that short paralysis. that's another awesome thing (:

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    2011. It started ****. It will end ****. First day of the year, I did not eat my greens and peas. I leave my grandmother's house on January 1st to go to my cousin's birthday party. Black cat crosses my path. My year was set in stone right then and there. I'm just going to leave it at that. If I ever said 2010 was bad, I was dead wrong. It was amazing, looking back at it and comparing it to this mess.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    2011's been a truly life-changing year for me in many ways. I can't say whether it was awesome, good, bad, or total ****, because some parts were great while others were just awful.

Years
    This year had so many twists and turns when it came to the news with the heavier involvement of the internet and social media.

2011 was such a weird year for me, if you go to my profile page - read my "2011 - In Memoriam" for an in-depth look on the year in my point of view.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    2011 has been a... different year for me, and when I think of 2011 there are just two things that spring to mind:

The first is PokeCommunity. I joined on February 2 and slowly my obsession grew up to the point where I'm now on here pretty much constantly. If I'm at home, I'm on PC. It has become my new Facebook, in terms of the amount of time I spend here lol. I've met some truly awesome people here, and it was such an unexpected thing. I'd forgotten, in a five year absence, just how amazing vBulletin forums could be.

The second is the end of Harry Potter. The end of a decade in my life that was spent pretty much in devotion to Harry Potter. Even now, a good five months after I first saw the final movie, I'm still more than a little depressed that it's now truly reached the end. It's more devastating than any non-Potter fan could ever realise.

All in all, I think the year has been good. I enjoyed myself, most definitely. I guess I could say it was uneventful, but as long as I'm having fun I don't really care :)

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    It's been a very tough year for me. I think I say this every year, but this year was worse than the last. Sure, there have been some very big highs, but there have been as many lows. I, again, say this every year, but I think next year will be better. Hell, it better be.
    I've had far too many failed relationships this year to call this a year of romance, but if I think about how many friends I've made this year, this could be called a year of friendship. I've been far too depressed to call it a year of happiness, but sometimes the extreme joy I've felt for me and my friends could get me to call it a year of joy. You see what I mean, yes? It's been a mixture of ups and lows. Bring on 2012, I say. Bring on Doomsday. It can't be worse than anything I've been through this year.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I moved to America! That's all really. And I'm getting more active and just it's great. i need to get closer to God though. Last thing on my check list. So yeah, 2011 had it's heavenly moments. Can't wait for Amazing 2012!

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    2011 has been the craziest year of my life, I'd say.

Timeline by month:

January - nothing really happened, except for some homework.
    February - Resumed playing pokemon that I left since around 2006. Quit ROM hacking because I'm so impatient.
    March - Browing 4chan and stuff, wasting my time. (No. I do NOT post on 4chan)
    April - Joined Pokecommunity, not much active
    May - Continuing to browse 4chan, play pokemon, and quit LoL for time being. (I'll probably play again for couple months after I graduate). Not much active on PC.
    June - Summer break!!! Started being active in PC.
    July - Continue activity in PC
    August^
    September - Decreased activity in PC due to unexpected crapload of schoolwork.
    October^
    November - With College Applications deadline looming with more and more schoolwork, my activity in PC has been dramatically decreased, and I was so busy to the point that I just had to focus 100% on my homework and college applications. No free time. It has been the most hectic month of my life.
    December 1 - DONE COLLEGE APPS. LIFE FEELS MUCH LIGHTER NOW. :bandit:

Plans for rest of December: Revisit 4chan, become active on PC again, resume playing pokemon, and all that good stuff. I'm also ready to celebrate my 18th birthday on the 30th! :) It'd be really kind if anyone can make my birthday thread. ;D

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    2011 has been good for me overall since I started a relationship with my girlfriend in October. And in May I was finally done with Math and glad for that, cause too me after that point all my other classes are just down hill from there in terms of difficulty for me. A couple sucky things happened but nothing that would ruin my year. Capcom cancels Megaman Legends 3, Oklahoma State loses to Iowa State, Thunder lose to Mavs, Ash didn't catch Krokorok, Team Plasma Episodes are on hiatus indefinitely(albeit my heart goes out to all the victims of the Tsunami) so I how in 2012 those two episodes see the light of day.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I remember last year on New Year's Eve thinking "man, what an awful year 2010 was. Well, at least it can't get any worse."

At least now I can get drunk before I say short-sighted things. What an awful year.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    This year sure flew away...
    It seemed as if it was only half of what 2010 was...
    The year as a whole for me was kind of plain, nothing exciting really happened.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    This was a really bad year for me, one of our main cities had multiple earthquakes and our government decided to create a new law overnight right after this happened and passed it off as urgent. It was to monitor our downloads and let the big corporate companies sue people for downloading their copyrighted material, which pretty much means that our government is just helping the richest people in the world and making their own citizens poorer than they already are. We had a horrible election, every party sucked and it just came down to choosing the lesser of a bunch of evils. The only highlight I can think of this year is that we won the Rugby World Cup, but I seriously doubt anyone on this forum really cares about Rugby,

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Kay time for me to reply! :3

tbh, this has been the best year yet for me. Getting to know someone in particular this year (;3), oh yeah meeting other people too, the whole month of July, all the extra things I've done @ PC, all extra stuff @ IRL, uni results in general, idk it's been full of good memories for me for so many different reasons. :(

Oh yeah, since ya'll wanna probably hear stuff that relates to PC best: the release of Black and White, learning how to battle, better profile designs, April mini-GT, Hypno thing, signature designs in May, getting to organise/post MotY, few events hosted @ proper GT, Unova's Autumn Festival, spending time in irc, making 3 PC styles, etc, all that stuff.

Though really my mindset with everything has improved a lot this year, so my confidence is kinda up, so yay. Going to miss 2011, really. :x Oh, and 2010 was great, but 2011 was perfect!

Back