• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Foreigners (IC)

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
  • Soo-yun flinched visibly when Kate just randomly came up and talked to her. Especially since she hadn't been paying attention to her surroundings. You know better than that, Soo-yun scolded herself.

"You look a little lonely here. Wanna come with me? We can go watch them battle if ya like."

Soo-yun quickly stood up and bowed. "Hello, my name is Soo-yun Lee," she stated politely. "Eonni*, we have a pretty good view over here. If that is alright with you, I would not mind staying here."

Seeing that the battle was going to start, Soo-yun sat back down and watched. It was a good battle and it ended with a tie. It also allow her to see the two trainers' battle style. Both of them were pretty good, but there were a few mistakes that were pointed out by the other opponent; such as Harden wouldn't work well against the Elgyem. Both of their pokemon seemed powerful, which meant that it might even be a bit tough to win. That was fine. Soo-yun didn't mind a challenge.

*Eonni = Big Sister

((OOC: I'm going to assume that Soo-yun is the youngest one here considering she is eleven and born near the end of the year. As such, she will talk to everyone respectfully. XD))

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Katharina slowly bent over to pick up her weak Anorith, with a smile on her face. "You performed admirably, Anorith," Katharina complemented. "Return for a rest now."

"Anorith..." the pokemon softly cried, as she was quickly returned to her conformable pokeball. The, Katharina turned back to Shun.

"I must say, your skills are...more than adequate," Katharina said to him, with her pokeball in her hand. "I've had fun, and learned a lot. The world of pokemon is big. More strategies...more pokemon...more mysterious...all of them are about to unfold in this journey."

Kathy then turned away from Shun, towards the direction of her first destination: Route One. "Herr Shun, I hope that next time we meet, you will show me more scientific pokemon, ja? Until then, my young friends!" Kathy then put back on her goggles, and slowly started to walk away.

"By the way, I do not just like rocks," she stopped, suddenly. "Science...is the world. For you shall see; the world belongs...to science."

She started to walk away again, towards Route One. It was the beginning of her scientific, wonderful adventure.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years

• Shun Yuuto Sorukei
    [FONT=b62298e8dfb1244a0e553d30#342c00]Pallet Town; Outside Professor Oak's Lab

Philosopher and stones

[FONT=b62298e8dfb1244a04cd65a8#302500]★

[h2][/h2]
    [/FONT]
    Kathy complimented her Anorith before she recalled Anorith to her Pokeball. I got out the Super Potion that I had received before I left Unova, spraying it on Roswell's wounds. He winced a bit before his eyes fluttered open, he stared up at me weakly for a moment.

"You okay buddy?" I asked as I stood up, holding him in my arms. He didn't have a Pokeball, a fact that I wasn't going to just hand out to anyone, so I would have to carry him whenever he got injured. I didn't mind, he had been my best friend for years and we watched out for each other.

"Gyem . . ." Roswell sighed before he closed his eyes, falling asleep in my arms.

"I must say, your skills are...more than adequate," Kathy said, causing me to look up. "I've had fun, and learned a lot. The world of pokemon is big. More strategies...more pokemon...more mysterious...all of them are about to unfold in this journey."

I don't really need any of your philosiphical bull, I thought. "Herr Shun, I hope that next time we meet, you will show me more scientific pokemon, ja? Until then..." She began to walk away. "By the way, I don't just like rocks," she stopped for a moment. "Science...is the world. For you shall see; the world belongs...to science."

I simply nodded, not bothering to speak. I turned towards Route 1, the obvious place to head to now. "Ready to go, guys?" I asked, not actually expecting a reaction from the Pokemon sleeping in my arms nor the one contained in the Pokeball at my belt.
    [/FONT]

Last edited:

Tauros14

Minecraft+Pokemon=Pure Joy
    Years
  • [SIZE="a"]Before Staphanie could answer the battle began. Will watched the pokemon in amazement. I wonder how Ozzy or Marina could do against these pokemon. Maybe Ozzy could stand a chance but poor Marina could never. Will felt bad for her. He has no clue about her past before he foumd her in Jubilife. The battle ended and Will sat there speechless. He snapped out of it and turned his attention towards Stephanie who finally answered him.
    "I came from Unova...its cold where i came from. Sinnoh sounds nice. Never been there. From what i can tell, I might like it there. I know every pokemon there is, since my father studied them on his free time and taught me most of them except for most of Kanto." she said with an emotionless face.
    "Wow, thats pretty cool...well, my parents are rich and greedy snobs that dont care about pokemon..." Will replied grimly. Suddenly, Will felt Ozzys pokeball begin to shake.
    "Huh?" Will said.
    The pokeball bursted open and out came Ozzy.
    "AMBIPOM!" Ozzy said cheerfully.
    "Ugh! Ozzy you better behave this time!" Will demanded.[/SIZE]

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • Soo-yun stood up, seeing that a few people were leaving already. The only reason why she stuck around was only to just make sure that she didn't get too ahead. If she had really wanted to, she could have left a long time ago, when Shun and Kathy first came in. However, she decided to stick around and wait. It might have worked to her advantage. She was the only one that did not let out a pokemon during the whole lab experience and as such, she was the only one that no one knew any of her pokemon. However, she got to know a lot of her opponents' pokemon, which would give her quite an advantage. Which would be very good.

Soo-yun bowed to the only person who bothered to talk to her. "언니*, I am going to go on ahead. Perhaps I will see you in the next city, or perhaps we will bump into each other on Route 1." With that goodbye out of the way, Soo-yun stepped into Route 1.

-x-

Soo-yun glanced around Route 1. It seemed to be a quiet route, although she could see and hear the rustling in the grass of the pokemon. Soo-yun wondered if it would be a good place to train and if she would find any pokemon that would interest her.

A Furret suddenly popped out of the grass and stared at her. "Furret!" it cried, before going back into the grass, the grass rustling as it ran through the green foliage.

"Furret..." Soo-yun trailed off. "Normal type. Evolves from Sentret."

It was a speedy pokemon, and although it packed some power, not the amount of power that Soo-yun was looking for in a pokemon. Of course, it wouldn't matter if the Furret managed to furrow its way into her heart.

"Jipye, do you feel up to a battle?" Soo-yun said to Jipye's pokeball.

The pokeball rattled in response. A yes.

Soo-yun let out Jipye and walked into the grass. She closed her eyes and tried to locate any rustling that she could hear. Hearing some to her right, Soo-yun pointed in that direction.

"복수**," she said.

Jipye nodded, rushing towards the rustling noise and landing a perfect blow on the surprised Furret. From the super effective hit, and the speed as which the move came towards it, the Furret fainted.

Soo-yun kept her eyes closed the same. Hearing a rustling right behind her, Soo-yun motioned to her back. From the feet...it was a bird pokemon. Probably a Pidgey.

"포이즌제품 스팅***," said Soo-yun.

Jipye launched an array of poison needles at the area behind Soo-yun. From two loud noises, one obviously from a Pidgey considering the bird-like quality, the other from a noise that obviously came from a Rattata, Jipye managed to hit two pokemon at once. Jipye also followed up the 포이즌제품 스팅*** with a 기절 어택****. As it was a move that never missed, after Jipye hit the Pidgey, knocking it out, Jipye used 기절 어택**** again to finish off the Rattata.

Within a few minutes, the tag team of Jipye and Soo-yun managed to knock out three pokemon.

"잘했네*****," commented Soo-yun.

Jipye blushed as well as a blue frog pokemon could brush and nodded.

*Older sister
    **Revenge
    ***Poison Sting
    ****Faint Attack
    *****Good Work

(decided to use Korean characters)

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Keeno Kabess, Pallet Town

When there was only Anthony Summers left, Keeno felt like the prof could probably handle him on his own. He nodded to the prof.

"Professor, I have decided... To make a journey as well."

"My God, you know you can't be a Master Quester, Keeno!" Oak said, surprised.

"i have other reasons, sir!" Keeno was determined. "I will travel Kanto and see shat Team Shiro really are up to..."

Oak facepalmed.

"... But at the same time, I can keep track of the contestants and watch them grow! I'll still be working for you, I mean."

Oak sighed. "Alright... But don't you dare to lure away the contestants into something dangerous!" he added as Keeno nodded to Anthony as well and started walking away.

"Oh no, professor!" he replied, and then added much quieter: "That, you have already done." the prof didn't hear him.

Outside the lab, Keeno stayed in the background during the battle, watching the trainers. They seemed skilled. Maybe he was worrying without reason?

Wheb he saw that some trainers finally left for Route 1, he snuck after them. He'd better get to Viridian as well.

---

What to do when you reach Viridian City?

Viridian City hasn't changed much. There's the pokemon center, some stores and cafees, as you expect to find in a medium sized city. There's also the pokemon school, where kids from young age are schooled about pokemon to prepare them a little extra for their journey later on. They will want to battle if you approach the kids when they are on a break from classes!

There's also the pokemon gym, with the leader called Kimuro. He is a middle aged strong and sharp man with black greying hair and beard who specializes in ground types. Now though, he hasn't been seen for several days! There are trainers at the gym that you can battle for fun, but they will all be worried about their missing leader. There simply are no clues and you won't find Kimuro even if you go looking for him.

An important thing to do in Viridian City is to load up and prepare for the journey through the dark Viridian Forest... more about that later.

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • 'Snobby parents, huh? I'm glad you didn't turn out like them then,' she was relieved, suddenly flinching when Ambipom came out of his pokeball. Pawniard glared, knowing he had injured Mariana before. Stephany glanced at Ambipom, now able to see all two of his pokemon.

"Cute Ambipom. So energetic," she complimented, kneeling down to see it at Ozzy's eye level. "The name is cute too," she said, a small smile escaping her lips. She wanted to pet it, yet she wasn't sure what it was capable of. "So.....what are you going to do now? Travel with your pokemon to Viridian?" she asked him, wondering and looking up at him. Pawniard was uneasy, trying not to look at Ambipom. 'Don't mind traveling with three people at all. It's original and sounds fun the more the better,' she thought, yet she bit her lip as she kept thinking. 'But....maybe going alone is better if I don't want clashes or arguments. Maybe it's better alone.' She came to a decision.

"Well, I gotta go to Viridian City, don't want to arrive late. Wish I could've been first though," she spoke to him, Pawniard relieved they were finally going somewhere. "Bye," she waved at him, leaving after Route 1.

* * * * *​

Walking beside the grass, Pawniard had defeated a few pokemon with ease. His skills surpassed many, even that Anorith of Kathy's. It was until a tree disturbed them that his speed was actually able to be witnessed. Stephany pointed at it, Pawniard following orders as he sharpened his blades and went for the kill. One second, he was beside Stephany. The next, he was right in front of the tree, having flashed by it so fast. It took a few seconds for the tree to crumble into 4 pieces. "You're so fast....sharp blades," she praised, glad to know he stll had his skills. Gothorita poked her houd out of the bag, monitoring anything around them.

Halfway through their road, they were able to defeat other smaller pokemon, yet one pokemon in particular had escape. A Hoothoot. Curious as to getting it, one appeared out of the blue to stand in front of them. Its large, red eyes glanced at the two of them. Standing on one foot, it started to hoop to get their attention. Maybe it was begging for food? Shelter? After suddenly watching it turn its head a certain amount, its cuteness caught her heart.

"Pawniard, we're going to catch it. Get ready," she told him, jumping back a few feet to gain some space for the two. The Hoothoot was confused, fear soon following. "Do what you like, as long as it doesn't escape," Stephany ordered him, Pawniard glad to be free to do at his bidding. Jumping over the owl, he landed right behind it and made a quick slash, the small owl landing harshly on the ground in front of him. Not bothering to move, it grew angered easily. It jumped up and looked at Pawniard, who was just standing there. Its eyes started to glow, Pawniard dashing and shocking the bird of its speed. Before Hoothoot could locate him, Pawniard sneaked above him and used Metal Claw, created a BANG and a dust accumulating over the two. Pawniard then jumped away from the cloud, in front of Stephany. Waiting for the bird to appear, Hoothoot was still trying to stand up after that attack.

"Some hopes it has. That's the pokemon I want," she mumbled, taking out a luxury ball from her bag. She kept 6 of them, all of them from Unova. Both Pawniard and Gothorita were in them, being so comfortable to be in. Before she did anything, she told Pawniard to finish the owl off. Slowly walking until he was in front of the owl, Hoothoot grew horrofied and afraid. Trembling, it tried to scamper away, yet Pawniard stood in front of it on every turn. When it finally gave up and decided to sit there, Pawniard simply placed his blade over its head, glaring at it. Hoothoot suddenly showed a great amount of confidence and glowed its eyes, Pawniard having fallen to Hoothoot's trap. Trying to get away, it was too late. Pawniard suddenly collapsed on the floor, Stephany realizing it had used hypnosis on him.

"Gothorita, psyshock," Stephany told her, the female pokemon swiftly jumping out the bag and landing in front of her. Without hesitating, Gothorita created a blue blob of psychic power in front of her. Her hand touching that blob, she then hurls it at Hoothoot, who was flapping crazily from fear. When it impacted, a loud explosion followed, sending the Hoothoot to land against a tree. Falling down, it was unconscious. This was her chance. "Gothorita, get Pawniard while I get Hoothoot," she ordered, the psychic pokemon walking over to Pawniard. Stephany grabbed her luxury ball and examined it. First pokemon she captured in Kanto, what excitement. She then used all her strength to throw the luxury ball towards Hoothoot. Touching him, it materialized him and placed him inside its ball, Stephany waiting for it to stop glowing and stop moving. Now all she had to do is wait and wait for luck to take over.​

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Route One

The trees and grass that were in the farmland of Route One swayed with the calm wind. Kathy could feel the breeze whisping through her hair, as she carefully and calmly used the palms of her hands to hold her hair steady. After the breeze calmed down, Kathy then explored the forest. She stopped to observe the natural surroundings: the trunks of trees, the woods of branches, the types of leaves, and even the pokemon that might reside here.

"This is magnificant!" Kathy beamed, as she was calmly, and slowly touching a trunk of a nearby tree. She was also slowly rubbing her cheek cutely against it. "The Quercus...also known as the oak tree...Isn't it amazing?! The texture! Ooooh... the texture!! I can't get enough of it!!"

As she was soon finished rubbing her cheeck against the wood, she then noticed a few Pidgey, carefully watching her from the top of a branch, to its home: a nest. Kathy took her cheek off of the wood as she stood to observe the nest. Her eyes glowed the same, eccentric curiosity. "The natural state on which a Pokemon views as its habitat..." Kathy said happily. "THIS IS WONDERFUL! THE BRANCHES! THE GRASS! THE SMELL OF A POKEMON'S FRUIT DROPPINGS -- ALL OF IT! EXCELLENT!"

She danced all around the forest, until she saw something piculiar. It was a Hoothoot sitting on top of a branch, from afar. Kathy quietly examined it. "An Owl Pokemon? Let me see..." Kathy said, as she took out her pokedex from her hand bag to double check.

"Hoothoot, the Owl pokemon. Hoothoot has an internal organ that senses and tracks the earth's rotation. Using this special organ, this Pokémon begins hooting at precisely the same time every day. It is nocturnal, meaning that they are only active at night."

"I see..." Katharina said, as she put away her pokedex. "but if they are nocturnal, what is one doing awake at day time? Perhaps this is a rare sight that science overlooked! Ahhh the mysterious...all of them must be explored!"

However, her curiousity and intrigueness was short lived. A Pawniard used a metal claw attack, which knocked the Hoohoot off balanced, straight to the ground. Kathy was mortifyed, trying to see what was going on. Then, she saw someone -- it was the girl with a Pawniard she met back at the lab. She had another pokemon, but Katharina couldn't recongize it. Until she got a better view, she figured out that the trainer was trying to catch the hoothoot.

"Gothorita, psyshock." the girl ordered, as the pokemon, which Kathy now knew as Gothorita, used an attack which knocked the Hoothoot against a tree. Then, the girl threw a special type of ball, trying to capture it.

Katharina was disgusted. The sight of someone interupting a Pokemon in its habitat almost sickened her, until she of course realized that pokemon were just made to be captured for human partners. Katharina then decided ignore the girl, and her own buisness, and just concentrate on her own.

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
    Years
  • Kate Brayve
    Chasing Vibrava​

Soo-Yun bowed after Kate had spoken words. Seeing that she may have been a little too rash, Kate bowed back, seeing it as the polite thing to do. "Hello, my name is Soo-yun Lee," the girl said politely. "Oh, yeah, I forgot. Hello Soo-yun, my name is Kate Brayve." Kate said, smiling. "Eonni, we have a pretty good view over here. If that is alright with you, I would not mind staying here." Soo-yun said. It was true, the view here was good enough, and Kate didn't want to seem impolite. Although she had no idea what Eonni meant, she didn't think it was some sort of bad word. "Sure." Kate agreed, she went and leaned against the same wall that Soo-yun was leaning against, and laid eyes on the battle.

Although she could not hear what the trainers were saying, it was apparent that one of them was using an Anorith in battle. "Wow, an Anorith. I haven't seen one of those since I visited Devon Corp in Rustboro. They have a Fossil Re-Animation device back there." she said to Soo-Yun. She wasn't expecting an answer, but it was worth a mention. The opponent then let his Pokemon walk-or float-onto the battlefield. His Pokemon was Elgyem. "Interesting. I heard those Pokemon there, Elgyem, are aliens." Kate mentioned again. Of course, Kate did not believe in aliens, it was ridiculous. But Elgyem was indeed one of the Unova region's most fascinating Pokemon. It was unfortunate she'd never visited the place. Kate had heard there were almost no other Pokemon from any other region to find there. The alien Pokemon Elgyem started off with a beam, it looked like the move Simple Beam. The beam made contact with the Anorith and sent it flinching, but the Anorith soon snapped out of it and rushed toward the Elgyem, who could apparently not dodge in time and was sent flying by a Scratch attack. "Oh, excuse me, I have to go get my Pokemon." Kate said to Soo-yun when she realized Vibrava still hadn't joined her. She re-entered the lab. "Vibrava, where are you?" she went to investigate the chairs where she had sat before, and sure enough there he was still sleeping. "Vibrava!" Kate said, annoyed. She walked up to the Vibrava and gave him a hard pat on the back, waking him up instantly. "Come on, there's a really good battle going on outside, you could learn a few things." she said to the Insect-like dragon, which shot p from its seat and rushed outside. "Hey, wait!" Kate said as Vibrava rushed out the door. She followed him to see him going down the steps. "No, you don't!" she lunged herself at him, stopping him from interfering with the battle just before he'd gotten to the final step. She picked him up, took out his Pokeball and returned him to it. Kate then returned to her position near Soo-yun, but by then it was too late. The battle was done and it had ended in a tie. "Oh.." Kate mumbled disappointingly. Just then, Soo-yun walked over to her.
    "언니, I am going to go on ahead. Perhaps I will see you in the next city, or perhaps we will bump into each other on Route 1." Soo-yun said, bowing. Kate bowed back. "Yes, let's hope so." before Soo-yun set off. Kate took Vibrava's Pokeball from her belt and examined it. Vibrava was usually very obedient. Maybe he was just excited, or maybe he had seen Kate's remark earlier to learn something as an order. Either way, she was sure he wouldn't have done it otherwise, she knew him too well for that. "Now you promise me you won't go mucking about like that again." Kate said to the Pokeball, as she threw it and released Vibrava. But...the Pokeball dropped to the ground and nothing had come out! "Vibrava? Vibrava!" Kate shouted into the distance. He had escaped, to Route 1! What in the world was causing him to act like this?

***​

"Oh, Vibrava!" kate cried, but she still could not find him. Most of Route 1 was covered in tall grass, and Kate didn't think he would fly off without her, so he must've been somewhere in the grass. Why would such an obedient Pokemon do this? He was probably just excited. But still.
    Suddenly, something started pecking at Kate's shoe. It was a Furret. "Oh hey, look." Kate said, as if there was someone around. She crouched down to stroke the Furret's soft head. "Awww, so cute." Kate said. She knew she had to save space for Dragonair, but she just had to catch it. But she couldn't imagine the poor thing getting hurt. Marshtomp would not hold back on it. "Furrrrr." the Furret went. Kate brought out her Pokedex. Furret has a very slim build. When under attack, it can slickly squirm through narrow spaces and get away. In spite of its short limbs, this Pokémon is very nimble and fleet. it explained, in a female voice. "Right. And you're the evolved form of Sentret, right?" she asked the Furret, rhetorically. It might even help her to find Vibrava. If it was quick on its feet, it could outspeed Vibrava on land and catch him so Kate could find him. Kate knew Furret might not be caught if she didn't injure him, but on the other hand it didn't seem very fair. And Kate was a rash-but-also-fair person. So, without a second thought, she dropped a Pokeball onto the Furret's head.

(Okay, GM, will the thing be caught? Also, Anybody who wants to get annoyed by my loose Vibrava go ahead. lol)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Furret was a curious little pokémon who often threw itself into situations where it hadn't really considered the circumstances yet. This made it brave and sociable, but also a bit overwhelmed when things turned out bad.

When this gentle human patted Furret's head, Furret was very pleased. This was a good thing! When the same human suddenly dropped a pokéball onto Furret's head, Furret was very surprised and shocked. It got transformed into a state of energy and got sucked into the pokéball. This... was a bad thing! What had just happened?

Furret fought the energy that sealed it inside the sphere. It wasn't that it was an unpleasant place to be in, it was just that Furret wasn't really prepared for this and when it now finally gave some thought on it, this human maybe wasn't completely gentle after all. Energy-Furred broke through the pokéball and transformed back into it's real shape, now standing in front of Kate, blinking up at her with a questioning look? It wasn't a violent pokémon, but it just felt somehow like that human didn't deserve to drop that sphere onto Furret's head just yet... even if that sphere was pretty cozy.

((OOC: Nice try tho ;) either befriend a pokémon deeper before trying to convince it to come with you (like Ash seems to always do in the anime......) or weaken it a little so that it either passes out and can be caught, or "admits" that you won and allows the pokéball to capture it~ ))

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
    Years
  • Kate Brayve
    Furret​

"Huh. Yeah, I didn't think so." Kate smiled, and patted the Furret's head once more, which, surprisingly, had not run away yet. Its fur was long and soft, and the Pokemon seemed a lot sweeter than the Linoones back in Hoenn. "What a nice little Pokemon." she said to it. Stroking its fur once more. Then, Kate had an idea. "Hey, I know." she said. She picked up the Pokeball on the ground and put it back in her custom Dragonair handbag, she then scoured the thing for more objects. A Pokeball, a Potion, a Berry, a-wait a minute, a berry. Kate took the Tamato Berry from her Berry Pouch and offered it to Furret. "Here ya go." she gave it to the Furret, who started munching on it right away. "You like that, don't you?" she said, scouring her bag for one more item: a come. Kate took her Linoone come, a come mostly designed for brushing Linoone fur, and hoped it might have the same soothing effect on Furret. She brushed the Furret, which was still eating the berry. It yawned slightly after the berry was devoured. The Tamato Berry was suppose to be quite spicy, the fact that Furret paid no attention to this must have meant it liked it. Unfortunately, Kate had no more, but she kept brushing the Furret's fur anyway. The Furret seemed to enjoy this, it had the same effect as on the Linoone. When she was little, Kate's father had sometimes told her she was meant to be a Nurse. Now Kate could see why.

Kate thought maybe now was the right time to throw a Pokeball. The Furret looked quite happy, but Kate was still deciding whether or not to let Marshtomp knock it out. In the end, Kate couldn't sit here all day while Vibrava was running amok, even if it was 'super cute'. "Oh, alright. Hey, Marshtomp, come out." Kate picked the Mud Fish's Pokeball from her belt. "Go ahead." she said. Marshtomp got a sort of grin on its face. "Marshtomp." it said, pleased. Marshtomp was never a battling type, but in the end she was sort of a bully too, loving to pick on weak targets that did not require much effort. Kate rolled her eyes, as the Marshtomp used Mud Bomb on the unsuspecting Furret. It was covered in mud. "Clean it up, will you? We don't need it looking like me." Kate told her Marshtomp, looking down at her muddy clothes. The Marshtomp obeyed, and used Water Gun to clean the mud away. "Do you mind?" she said, pointing to her trousers. Marshtomp opened her mouth and lightly doused her trousers, washing away most of the mud. The next thing Kate did was try again, with the Pokeball that is. She let it drop on Furret's head and watched anxiously. She needed to get this over with quick, because her Vibrava, who was usually obedient, was running around free.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • One.....two.....three.....*click*. The luzury ball now contained a captured pokemon. It was funny, since while she was waiting for the ball to click, she realized Hoothoots do not come out in the daylight. She wondered why it was here now.....too late to think of such things now. She didn't have any potions nor herbs to cure it with, meaning Viridian City was her only option.

Walking over to pick it up, Pawniard was still fast asleep. Gothorita was still in the process of waking him up. Glancing at the ball, she grew curious as to how the bird feels. After what seems like begging, she captured it without any second thoughts. She really was heartless back there. Maybe she could let it roam free if it wishes too. Having turned positive, she threw the luxury ball high in the air. It opened and released a dazzling red light that later materialized into that same Hoothoot. Blinking its eyes, it turned to face Stephany. She didn't dare go close, since he was newly catched and definitely seems to hate her after what she has done.

"You can go if you wish. Sorry if I disturbed you," she spoke to the bird, who only blinked back in confusion. Stephany looked over to where Pawniard was, still asleep. It was when she caught off her guard that Hoothoot quickly dashed away, still hurt. A bit shocked, she tried to put herself in the pokemon's place. She would have also hated the trainer that captured her after showing some cuteness for something. Gothorita was surprised, Pawniard finally waking up. Standing up, he dusted himself off and stood up. A bit off balanced, he fell down again and stayed there. He grew tired very quickly.

"Hoothoot left. Sorry if I made you fight him at your maximum power. Too much stress on you," she told her Pawniard. 'Not to mention that he grew tired too quickly for a normal Pawniard'. Gothorita smiled and hops inside the bag, her head now poking out. Pawniard walked beside her, the two walking towards Viridian City.

All was going fine until she heard a screech coming from behind them. Turning around to see what was going on, she was shocked to find that same Hoothoot from earlier, jumping towards her. His wings were still hurt from battle, his eyes full of fear and regret. In his beak he holds a large piece of bread that was enough to feed two. Not knowing what was going on, she found the answer to a group of Pidgeys that were chasing after him. Gothorita grew pity for the bird, Pawniard ignoring it. feeling sorry for it, she knew better that those injuries would only cause trouble for the thing. When they were close enough to her, she glanced at her Pawniard.

"Can you handle the pidgeys?" she asked him. Pawniard didn't hesitate to go into battle, dashing and blocking the group of birds from Hoothoot. From what she could tell, Hoothoot must've stolen that piece of bread from those birds. Instead of ordering Pawniard's first move, she took out an even bigger piece of bread. It was her only piece of delicious bread. She threw it towards the flock. By the time they started pecking and devouring it, she pouted at the thought that it was her only bread. Pawniard grew relieved that he didn't battle, still tired. Hoothoot looked over to her, still not having trust in the human.

"Pawniard," she called him, the pokemon jumping back beside her.The bird slowly ate the bread, glaring at the Pawniard for any betrayals that could happen. Pawniard sat down as Stephany watched it eat. Once Hoothoot finished, it grew a smile and turned to look at Stephany. His smile then turned into a frown that was filled with fear. Still not trusting the trainer, he knew better that he was captured.

"You can leave if you want.....," she paused thinking about its injuries. "But only when you're all healed up. If you go like that, you can get chased by other birds around here," she told Hoothoot, who thought it over. She started walking towards the next city, Pawniard following her. Hoothoot did not know what to do, yet he didn't want to be chased or defeated easily thanks to the wounds. Liking it or not, he started following the female trainer. Like she said, he could be all healed up.

Tauros14

Years
  • [SIZE="a"](OOC: @Otherworld omg i read your post after i made mine so im sorry if you think i copied you with the group of pidgeys thing)
    "Snobby parents huh? I'm glad you didnt turn out to be like them." Stephanie said.
    Will smiled at the compliment. When Ozzy came out Will noticed her flinch and he laughed a little.
    "Cute Ambipom. So energetic." She said as she kneeled down to Ozzys eye level.
    "The name is cute too," She said as a tiny smile appeared on her lips, "So what are you going to do now? Travel with your pokemon to Viridian?" She asked.
    Will had forgotten that he had to get going. He was going to be the last one to Viridian.
    "I like this girl," Will thought, "But do i really want to travel with anyone? Hmm... Im competing with her so maybe i shouldnt..."
    "Well I gotta go to Viridian City. Dont wanna be late. Wish i couldve been there first though." Said Staphanie.
    "Well it looks like she made her decision before mine..." Will thought.
    "Bye!" She said as she waved.
    Pawniard and Stephanie headed towards Route 1.
    "I guess thats where we should be heading, Ozzy." Will said.
    "Ambi-Amb!" Agreed Ambipom as they headed to Route 1 themselves.
    ==========
    Route 1

As soon as Ozzy and Will walked into Route 1 they came across a wild pokemon. It was purple and looked like a rat.
    "Oh ive never seen this pokemon in Sinnoh." Will said, "Lets see what it is..."
    Will held his pokedex up to the pokemon and it spoke.
    "Rattata! The rat pokemon!..." It said.
    "Hmm... Ozzy im going to give Marina some time to battle...you stay back." Will said to Ozzy.
    "Ambi..." Ozzy said sadly.
    Will sent out Marina who was startled when she saw the Rattata.
    "Marina! Use water gun!" Will commanded.
    Marina hesitated then attacked. The water splashed in the Rattatas face which made it angry. It leapt at Marina and tackled her.
    "Marina! Use another water gun! Full force!" Will said.
    Marina powered up for a big blow and unleashed a powerful blast of water. It hit the Rattata right in the chest and the Rattata was knocked out.
    "Nice work Marina!" Will commented.
    They stayed in Route 1 for a while. Will defeated four pokemon with Marina and three with Ozzy. Will was about to enter Viridian City when he came across a pidgey. It looked angry.
    "PIDGEY!" It warned.
    Will sent out Marina.
    "Marina tackle it!" Will said.
    Marina leapt at the Pidgey but it easily side-stepped out of Marinas way. The pidgey began to laugh hysterically at Marinas weakness. After that, something clicked in Marina as she was filled with anger.
    "BUIZEL!" Marina shouted as she tackled the pidgey from behind. The pidgey was caught way off guard and it crashed into a tree.
    "Nice hit Marina!" Will shouted.
    But Marina wasnt done. She began to pound the pidgey against the tree in anger. This pidgey was full of itself and it needed to be taught a lesson. The pidgey was pleading for mercy, but Marina was so angry that she wouldnt stop.
    "PIDGEY!!!!!" The pidgey called out.
    Suddenly dozens of pidgey began to swarm the area.
    "MARINA STOP!!" Will shouted.
    Marina stopped and looked up. She saw all of the angry pidgeys and nearly fainted. The pidgey that she was battling with lyed unconsious on the floor.
    "COME ON MARINA RUN!!" Will shouted as hundreds of pidgey began to attack Will and Marina. Will tried to recall Marina but couldnt because of the crowd of pidgey swarming her.
    "Buizel!" She cried as the pidgey continued to beat her up.
    Suddenly, Ozzy shot up from Wills shoulder and began to fight back. He punched and kicked through the Pidgeys until he found Marina who was on the verge of fainting. He scooped he up and ran. Will ran after Ozzy and Marina. Then, Ozzy stopped running. Will caught up to him and he dropped Marina. Will quickly recalled her and watched in amazememt as Ozzy faught the swarm of Pidgey. One by one the Pidgey dropped until finally, only one remained. It flew right into Ozzys chest and knocked him backwards. Ozzy looked furious. In one quick and powerful punch the pidgey fainted.
    Ozzy breathed hard and hopped back on Wills shoulder. Ozzy was extremely tired and deserved a break.
    "Wow...Ozzy im speechless." Will said as they finally exited Route 1.[/SIZE]

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Walking was quite fun, since nature never bored her. Hoothoot was still following her, rejecting any help Stephany or Gothorita would give. After a few minutes, she stopped and witnessed somebody run in havoc. Turning around, Hoothoot quickly dashing behind Stephany so she didn't see him, was a trainer and two pokemon. Once they stopped running, she was shocked to see Ambipom. He was able to knock out a group pf Pidgeys just like that. Pawniard could never fight with more than one pokemon by himself....but this Ambipom of Will's could. Amazing. Buizel was sent back, yet Pawniard didn't seem to notice her.

Slowing down to catch up to Will, Hoothoot grew even more nervous that there were more humans in the area. She turned her head to face him. "Watched that fight with the Pidgeys. Funny how Pidgeys nearly attacked my Pawniard too," she started a conversation, Ambipom panting on his shoulder. "Your Ambipom is amazing. None of my pokemon can control so many pokemon at once," she complimented the cute monkey.

Tauros14

Years
  • [SIZE="a"]Ozzy panted heavily on Wills shoulder. Will couldnt believe what Ozzy just did. It was amazing.
    "Watched that fight with the pidgeys. Funny how pidgeys nearly attacked my Pawniard too." Will recognized the voice as Stephanies.
    He turned around and smiled.
    "Oh hey!" Will said.
    "Your Ambipom is amazing! None of my pokemon can control that many pokemon at once!" She said.
    Will looked up and saw Ozzy blush a little as he smiled and panted.
    "Thanks... I had him since i was nine. I started my journey late so we trained in my backyard alot before i actually began my journey." Will said, "I couldnt beleive he had it in him!" Will said modestly.[/SIZE]

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • "Wish my pokemon could control a crowd," she said, noticing how Pawniard felt hurt a bit. "I mean, not like two or a few pidgeys, which my pokemon can do...but a big amount I mean. I'll train with them soon since now I know it's possible for even him to do it," she fixed her sentence, Pawniard now better. "My dad gave me mine in middle school. I was left out of my family since only my dad cared about me." Looking down at her feet, Viridian city was not far anymore. "Say...what made you go to the Master Quest?" she grew curious, Hoothoot starting to see Stephany's social personality.

Gothorita sadly looked at Hoothoot, using her telepathy to communicate with it. Offering help to him, he didn't respond back. Instead, he looked down at his feet, ashamed he got defeated by a Pawniard. Not wanting to get the bird angry, she dug her head inside the bag and slept inside. This bag was better than the pokeball. Hoothoot started to inch closer until Stephany and him were 3 feet apart. He had to trust her a bit, yet not completely. Either way, the shame was stronger than the anger, so instead he was quietly strolling behind.

Tauros14

Years
  • [SIZE="a"]"Wish my pokemon could control a crowd." She said. The Pawniard looked upset, "I mean not like two or a few pidgeys which my pokemon can do...but a big amount i mean. Ill train them soon because i know its even possible for him to do it." She corrected herself. The Pawniard looked happier. "My dad gave me mine in middle school. I was left out of my family since only my dad cared about me." Stephanie looked down at her feet. Then asked, "Say... what made you go to the Master Quest?"

"Well... I wanted to pretty much... Get away from my snobby parents. I was sick of being controlled by them. They hated pokemon." Will paused for a moment. Then he begun again, "Even when i started my journey in Sinnoh i was always controlled by them in one way, shape or form. I thought the Master Quest would be a great change. Its a whole new region and there is no way that my parents can control me."
    Will saw the hoothoot flying behind Stephanie.
    "Oh! You caught your first pokemon in Kanto already?" Will asked.[/SIZE]

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • "Oh! You caught your first pokemon in Kanto already?" Will had asked her. She turned back to face the Hoothoot, who flinched when both trainers stared at him. "Yeah. He's cute and all....but I'm only going to heal him. I wasn't being nice and caught him right away. I let him free for a while, but he returned since pidgey were chasing him. I hope he stays with me but.....who knows." There was an awkward silence for a moment, but thinking about his parents and how they treated him made her think strange thoughts. She had strange questions, but she didn't want to say them out loud. "My father died so, I really had no other choice than to leave to make new friends and meet pokemon I never met in person before. I know almost every pokemon by heart thanks to my father...but looking at them in person is a different thing. Don't you think so?" she asked him, not knowing what else to say.

They were very close to Viridian City, less than half a mile away. It was also getting very late, the sun starting to set. Hoothoot was getting exhausted, glancing up at Gothorita. When she poked her head back out, the bird gave her a cute smile. She fell for it, being a docile one. Using telepathy, she was able to hear his thoughts. He was was obviously too tired. Motioning her hands towards Stephany's shoulders, he tensed at the thought. He didn't trust the human yet. 'You don't have to, I'm only giving advice,' she ended the conversation, sneaking back inside the bag. Hoothoot eyed the bag, wondering if he should even trust that mysterious pokemon he never seen before. Hoothoot came to a decision. He would wait a few more minutes, or seconds. Then when he gets very, but very, tired, then he would go rest at her shoulder or head. It was a very strange thought, but he was tired anyway.

Last edited:

Tauros14

Years
  • [SIZE="a"]Stephanie turned to face
    It. The pokemon flinched when it saw both of them looking at it.
    "Yeah. He's cute and all....but I'm only going to heal him. I wasn't being nice and caught him right away. I let him free for a while, but he returned since pidgey were chasing him. I hope he stays with me but.....who knows." Stephanie said.
    Viridian City was now right in front of them now.
    "Well...I hope he stays with you. Im heading to the pokemon center to heal up Marina. She got badly injured from all of the pidgey-" Will stopped himself. He hoped that the Pawniard didnt hear him. It would get very upset.
    "So where are you headed to?" Will asked.[/SIZE]

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • "Well...I hope he stays with you. Im heading to the pokemon center to heal up Marina. She got badly injured from all of the pidgey-" Will stopped himself. Pawniard got tensed up, worried yet angered a bit. He turned the other way so nobody could see his mixed expression. "So where are you headed to?" Will asked. Hoothoot couldn't take any longer and jumped little by little towards Stephany, yet when he was about to jump up to her, fear crawled up to him. He refused to do it, Gothorita able to understand him. 'Don't worry, I understand,' she reassured the bird. "Same place you're going. I need to heal up Hoothoot and Pawniard. I'm not going to face the gym leader until I watch someone else battle him. That way, I can tell where to improve on," she explained, stretching. "So....I was wondering...do you like traveling with anybody or do you prefer to go by yourself?"

While they were talking, Pawniard was able to catch glimpse of some green and brown pokemon. It seems to be in a hurry, dashing between trees and bushes. Puzzled, he looked harder and was able to only identify two green, beady eyes. It had green wings. That's all he could capture before it trully disappeared from sight. He never saw a pokemon like that on this route...maybe it was rare. Either way, he kept going an pushed it out of his head.

Back