• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Foreigners (IC)

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • When Kathy first spoke, it made Stephany feel better. It was until she started talking about her Anorith that she was ticked off. Hiding her angered expression, she reveals a frown and turns around, awaiting Professor Oak's approval. Her Pawniard was beside her, standing still and now behaving a bit better.

When Kathy spoke again, Steph could tell another long conversation would start. Pawniard was also angered, his pride tainted. Of course, he might not do any damage to the defensive pokemon, yet doing a simple scratch or succeeding in surprising the trainer is enough to satisfy him. He could tell the Master Quest was going to be a very long, and good trip. Maybe then he could really show his talents. The gym leaders were a piece of cake....yet the only trainer he was defeated by was a boasting lady, who also seems to speak before she thinks. Calming down, he closes his eyes and ignores the outside world, not wanting to disappoint Stephany any longer.

The pokeball kept shaking inside her backpack. Not able to help it, a sound of a pokemon escaping their pokeball was heard, Stephany expecting this from Gothorita. Luckily, she was still inside her bag. Voices took over the room, making the psychic-type pokemon hide inside. Luckily, nobody knew who she was and didn't seem to notice...or she hopes nobody noticed.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    "And what pray tell, is a notebook buddy?" The German lady asked me, "I only use my notebook for SCIENCE!"

Science is probably her most used word in her vocabulary
    , I wrote before adding, needs better reasons than "For Science".

I crossed that part out and closed my notebook.

"I observe people and pokemon with my notebook as well," I answered, quickly flipping through the pages before closing it and putting it in my backpack. I wondered if this girl held psychology in high regard? Wouldn't it be considered science in her eyes? I highly doubted that.

I felt Junior tug at my jeans.

"I'll get your peanut butter and jelly sandwich with apple juice later Junior," I sighed.

The Grovyle seemed satisfied and decided to converse with the many pokemon that were out.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • "Hm, I see..." Katharina observed, as the boy put away his own notebook. "However, I do not use my notebook as frequently as yourself. You see, I like to observe without relying on the use of notes, or textbooks. Science starts out with a hypothesis. That hypothesis is then followed up with a procedure, materials, and any extra steps necessary. Then...the actual test begins. Interacting with the world first hand is much more beneficial than relying on the use of notes, no? I only use my notes as a last resort, you know."

Katharina then took a step back, and made another curtsy. "However, allow me to introduce myself," Kathy explained. "My name is Katharina von Kurnase. And...may I ask for your name, my young' dovishkan-in-the-making?"

Kathy then noticed the boy's Grovyle as it waddled away. "Ah...a Grovyle!" Kathy noticed. "I see you are from Hoenn as well? To my knowledge; you can only get a Treecko from Professor Birch's laboratory."

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Shun Yuuto Sorukei
    [FONT=edca086fca6a8f6e0b933fc0#8c2900]Pallet Town; Professor Oak's Lab
    [FONT=edca086fca6a8f6e0b933fc0#8c2900]
    Rival Acquired[/FONT]

"I see..." Kathy glanced around for a moment, giggling a little as she did so. "Herr Shun...was it? Very well. If you are that adamant...allow me to show you...one of my pokemon!" I wasn't quite sure what 'herr' meant, but I didn't really care. It was no Japanese, so I had little idea whaat it meant and little reason to care.

She stepped back, glancing around at all of the other trainers. "In fact, I want to show all of you," Kathy started to explain, making sure that everyone could hear. "I apologize; it is true that it is uncouth for one to brag about one's pokemon, however, it does not matter in this situation. A von Kurnase focuses on two things, and two things only. Perfection! Victory! They have been a symbol to the von Kurnase clan for centuries."

Kathy then took out a pokeball from her handbag, shining it as she did so. "You'll love her!" Kathy threw her Pokeball into the air, and it almost hit the ceiling before it opened. In a flash of white light, the Pokemon had materialized.

"Anorith!" it cried.

"This is my Anorith," Kathy announced. "One of my perfect, victorious prized pokemon."

I basically ignored the others as Kathy spoke. I recalled seeing a Pawniard fall in love with a Buizel, some other Pokemon running around and a few trainers talking, but that's about it. All my attention was on this strange person, and now one of my rivals, apparently.

"I kinda wish I had my Zorua here, she could even transform into a Genesect." I smirked a little, debating whether or not I should let Gaia out. It would be fun to let out that behemoth, hopefully scaring Kathy's Anorith a little as I did so, but it would also ruin the element of surprise.

Kathy recalled her Anorith and began to speak to another person, something about 'notebook buddies'. Of course Kathy's uses for her notebook were only 'For SCIENCE!' which sent her spiraling back into insanity. I just hoped I could reel her back; anything was better than her and her science.

"Tell ya what," I began, staring Kathy straight in the eyes. I had my hands in my jean pockets, leaning slightly to the right as I stood. And I must say, my dress shirt looked pretty nice, along with my TWEWY belt and bag to complete the ensemble. I had no idea why, but I was feeling rather confident right now. I decided to blame it on the pubescent hormones, along with the fact I was facing a new, hopefully entertaining challenge. "I'll show you my second Pokemon, but only once we battle. Perhaps you'd like to battle outside, after we get our things from Professor Oak, of course."

"ELGY! ELGY~EM!!" Roswell cheered confidently. I could tell he was ready for a challenge as well.
    [/FONT]

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Patiently waiting, she couldn't help but turnher head around to watch as Shun basically asked Kathy for a battle. Already battles and a rivalry was blossoming, which wasn't good. From the looks of his cold blood, she could tell he was one to watch out for. As for her....she didn't know what to think of. She boasted about her pokemon as if they were the stronger out of all of them. At least she might get to see what the two are really made of.
    Pawniard remained still, hearing the others talk. He couldn't wait to start the journey. He could picture the moment he would evolve and....wait, what is he thinking? That would be way afterwards....then again, Stephany is always ahead, right?
    The grovyle was staring at Kathy, Pawniard noticing the strange pokemon. He never saw anything like that, much less the Anorith from earlier. Grovyle resembled those pokemon called snivy, which made him think the Hoenn pokemon were cocky. This changed when he noticed the pokemon's behavior. It seems they aren't serious after all. For now, he lays low, not wanting to make Stephany angry any longer.
    Gothorita heard everything, already absorbing information on the other trainers. At last she came out, Pawniard calming down at the presence of Gothorita.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Kathy's attention was once again shifted back to Shun. "I'll show you my second Pokemon, but only once we battle. Perhaps you'd like to battle outside, after we get our things from Professor Oak, of course."

"Very well Herr Shun," Kathy agreed, as she shifted her goggles back to the front of her eyes. "I shall battle with my Anorith, to show you its ancient powers. HOWEVER! I EXCEPT THE PERFECT SCIENTIFIC POKEMON FROM YOU, HERR SHUN! ANYTHING ELSE IS UNACCEPTABLE!"

Kathy then cross her arms, to show Shun how much she was serious, and to show him that she expected nothing less than the perfect scientific battle. She started to speak again, "And please, watch out for the rocks around this area," Kathy warned sternly. "You see, they are Sedimentary rocks. Sedimentary rocks make up about three-quarters of the rocks at the Earth's surface. They form at the surface in environments such as beaches, rivers, the ocean, and anywhere that sand, mud, and other types of sediment collect. Fossils of ancient living pokemon, are also preserved in sedimentary rocks too, which scientists are then able to turn them into leaving, breathing pokemon. So, I shall not forgive you if you so happen to kick one of these rocks, clear? They are for SCIENCE."

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    "I am Anthony," I introduced, "Yup I am another fellow Hoenner."

I gazed at Junior who was trying to create some chatter with the pokemon with the laser light show, "Yeah most get there's from Prof. Birch, but I didn't. I hatched him, actually."

"Tell ya what," The German girl's previous conversation partner started, "I'll show you my second pokemon , but only once we battle. Perhaps, you'd like to battle outside, after we get our things from Professor Oak, of course."

Well wasn't he rude? He seemed clingy, but I didn't really dare comment. Junior was back again tugging at my jeans and I quickly got the message. He wanted his peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

"Any of you own a clean knife I can borrow?" I asked as I unstrapped my bag and began looking for the jar of jelly, peanut butter, the bag with loafs of bread, and a juice box of apple juice. Time to make Junior's peanut butter and jelly sandwich... I wonder if Professor Oak would mind if I made some tea for Korra as well...

Nakuzami

Years
  • Shun Yuuto Sorukei
    Pallet Town; Professor Oak's Lab
    Sedimentary Level

[h2][/h2][h2][/h2]

"Very well Herr Shun," Kathy agreed, as she shifted her goggles back to the front of her eyes. "I shall battle with my Anorith, to show you its ancient powers. HOWEVER! I EXCEPT THE PERFECT SCIENTIFIC POKEMON FROM YOU, HERR SHUN! ANYTHING ELSE IS UNACCEPTABLE!"

Kathy thcrossed her arms, trying to show how serious she was. "And please, watch out for the rocks around this area," Kathy warned sternly. "You see, they are Sedimentary rocks. Sedimentary rocks make up about three-quarters of the rocks at the Earth's surface. They form at the surface in environments such as beaches, rivers, the ocean, and anywhere that sand, mud, and other types of sediment collect. Fossils of ancient living pokemon, are also preserved in sedimentary rocks too, which scientists are then able to turn them into leaving, breathing pokemon. So, I shall not forgive you if you so happen to kick one of these rocks, clear?"

"Challenge accepted, Misu Katharina." I paused for a moment, thinking over her obsession with sedimentary rocks. I guess it made some sense, as she seemed to like fossil Pokemon. "Although, we're likely walking all over sedimentary rocks as soon as we leave this building. Besides, I highly doubt that there are any fossils so near the surface around Pallet Town. Although, if you like rocks that much, then you'll just love my second Pokemon." I gave a sinister grin, and I was so tempted to just let Gaia out right there, but if I wanted to be a good trainer, I would need to show some self-restraint.

One of the other trainers was asking for a knife, and I vaguely recalled him saying something about peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches to his Grovyle earlier. Well, wasn't that interesting. Speaking of food, a bowl of ramen would be rather pleasant about now, but I had other matters to attend to, so I pushed that thought to the back of my mind.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • "Any of you own a clean knife I can borrow?" Anthony asked, his Grovyle tugging at his jeans. Curious as to having a friend, she took out a small knife from her bag, careful not to hurt Gothorita(who's head was poking out of the bag to view everybody else). Pawniard followed behind, anxious to see the battle once the Professor helped all the trainers that were left.
    Walking over to Anthony, she extends her arm and hands him the knife. "Give it back when you're finished using it," she simply stated, no emotion on her face.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    A girl had handed me a small knife from her bag. A small head had popped out as she did so and she seemed careful to not hurt the pokemon while she was taking it out.

"Give it back when you're finished using it," She stated with a monotone.

She seemed a bit boring. Now that I think about it, I didn't even notice her when I entered the room. Must be her color scheme and her deathly pale complexion, which was hard to believe. She was part of Master Quest right? She should have had some color on her skin from all the traveling.

"Yeah thanks," I said plainly staring at the knife. I hoped she didn't stab anybody with this and just in case I stood up and washed it in the nearby sink. I walked back to where I left my bag down and got to work. I pulled out all the ingredients for peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a juice bod of apple juice from my bag. I grabbed two loafs of bread and began to spread peanut butter and jelly on each loaf.

"Here," I gave Junior his sandwich, "And don't forget to come back for your apple juice alright?"
    Junior nodded his head happily before devouring his sandwich in five bites. He grabbed his juice box and began to drink his apple juice while skipping around the lab happily. I laughed; he really was the younger brother of my dysfunctional family.

"Since I have all this out do you want a sandwich?" I asked the girl I had gotten the knife from.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • ((...Two...pages...))

Soo-yun would have sighed if it wasn't for the fact that it would draw unwanted attention to herself, not to mention the fact that it was rude. She was fairly glad that all of the trainers that she beat in Sinnoh weren't so...competitive. All this fighting and tension made her just nauseous. However, the two of them battling would give her more of a chance to see their strengths as well as their pokemon. So, while Soo-yun could have already gone to Viridian City already (she had everything she needed) she decided to stay behind and watch. However, she couldn't help but wonder what the professor's reaction to all this would be. And if they were going to have a battle...well, at least they didn't seem to plan to have it inside the lab. That would be just idiotic and horrible. Not to mention rude.

However, she wasn't sure getting an one-up on her opponents was really worth being near here. They were too loud, too outspoken. The only person she met on her journey that came close was Crasher Wake, but he had always been a loud ham (TV Tropes lingo). Plus, these people were just so painfully open, it almost hurt to watch.

Soo-yun was very conservative due to her culture, which was why she generally like being quiet and staying in the background. However, she knew that once those people noticed her, and truly noticed her; not those quick glances she got before they moved away, she knew that she would be dragged into the conversation.

Hopefully being her usual polite self would get people to just accept her introduction and be done with it.

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • "Although, we're likely walking all over sedimentary rocks as soon as we leave this building. Besides, I highly doubt that there are any fossils so near the surface around Pallet Town. Although, if you like rocks that much, then you'll just love my second Pokemon."

"Don't be so sure!" Kathy explained. "There is no scientific way to determine where the next fossils will be found! Dome fossils...Helix Fossils...Claw Fossils...Root Fossils...you name them. They can be found anywhere where there is Sedimentary material."

She then raised her goggles once again. "However, I am looking forward to your second pokemon, no doubt in my mind. Just remember that my Anorith was born from the depths of the ancient world. It probably has been battling centuries before your own pokemon. Do not expect that it will be defeated easily, Herr Shun. For I fear, the hex of your...how they say...cockiness shall forever haunt you till the ends of time."

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Blinking at Anthony, she finally felt as if somebody noticed her. Unlike the other trainers, this ones seems to be not so loud and doesn't seem to speak before he thinks. Looking down at her Pawniard, he could only nod.
    "Sure. Would be nice to have just one please," she answered back to Anthony, whose Grovyle was itching for one. She looked around and noticed the other silent girl. She didn't look like the one to talk, yet she looked as if she was eager to speak to somebody. She wanted to talk to the girl, who already gained approval from Oak himself, yet her shyness took over her. Besides, she was having a conversation with Anthony anyway. She smiled at the thought, Pawniard relieved since it was the first time she smiled eversince she came to Kanto.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    "Sure, would be nice to have just one."

She seemed to be in her own world after her reply. I didn't particularly mind though. I had to admit she had a pretty smile and it seemed that her little trooper was happy to see her smile. She mustn't have smiled in a long time. Maybe this was her first smile since she got here?

I banished that thought. It was unlikely.

I was starting to make her a sandwich and while I was there was this awkward silence. I didn't really know what to say to her next. I shook my head and said something, "What's your name?"

I held out her completed sandwich in front of her.

Tauros14

Minecraft+Pokemon=Pure Joy
    Years
  • [SIZE="a"]"Its okay Marina." Will said as he stroked the little Buizels hair.
    Marina clung to Wills leg and wouldnt come off. Ozzy grabbed her off Wills leg and threw her onto the floor. Ozzy started to crack up and Marina was getting extremely angry.
    "OZZY STOP!!!" Will shouted.
    Will took out Ozzys pokeball and sent him back in. Enough was enough Ozzy was being a complete jerk. Marina started to tap on Wills leg. Will took out her pokeball and she nodded. He sent her back in as well.
    "Well this is a GREAT start..." Will thought sarcastically, "Ozzy went psycho and Marina is too unsocial. I bet everyone here thinks im the worst trainer ever."
    Will smiled at everyone akwardly. No one was even paying attention to him. He felt almost invisible. This could be an advantage. If no one notices him than they wont even realize it when he wins...well...if he wins.[/SIZE]

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • She was glancing back at Professor Oak to see if he was bothere by any of this until Anthony broke her thoughts. When she turned to look, he had her sandwhich right in front of her, prepared and all. Pawniard sat down, crossing his legs as he stares up at Gothorita and starts a pokemon talk with her. "What's your name?" Anthony asked her. She thought of what to say, wanting to make it short and sweet, but making new friends was hard for her.

"Stephany Rain....I know your's is Anthony though," she tried to think of something to add, yet she was horrible at socializing. At least he was brave enough to start a conversation. The boy with the buizel and Ambipom summoned them both back in, probably a trouble for him. Pawniard seemed devastated buizel had gone by, Gothorita noticing and not saying a word. Even worse, Pawniard seems to growl when Ambipom smashed Buizel down on the floor, nearly standing up if it wasn't for Gothorita's plea. There was an awkward silence then, Stephany not knowing what to say next. She then thought of one that was already mentioned, but would at least continue the conversation. "How's Hoenn? I've only been there for a few years, but I wish I stayed longer."

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    "How's Hoenn? I've only been there for a few years, but I wish I stayed longer," Stephany Rain asked.

"So you've been to Hoenn," I mused, "It's as hot as ever. I am just the crazy person wearing a turtle neck while traveling around one of the hottest regions in the world. I find it nice that it is cooler here than back at home."

There was another awkward silence again and I found myself humming to Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance".

"Sorry, I am kind of bad at conversing with people," I stated, "I am only good with my pokemon and people with interesting quirks or traits."

"I could talk about my interests, but that wouldn't be very fun," I paused, "Want to battle some time later? It would be interesting to see what you can do."

Nakuzami

Years
  • Shun Yuuto Sorukei
    Pallet Town; Professor Oak's Lab
    Sedimentary Level

"Don't be so sure!" Kathy explained. "There is no scientific way to determine where the next fossils will be found! Dome fossils...Helix Fossils...Claw Fossils...Root Fossils...you name them. They can be found anywhere where there is Sedimentary material."

She then raised her goggles once again. "However, I am looking forward to your second pokemon, no doubt in my mind. Just remember that my Anorith was born from the depths of the ancient world. It probably has been battling centuries before your own pokemon. Do not expect that it will be defeated easily, Herr Shun. For I fear, the hex of your...how they say...cockiness shall forever haunt you till the ends of time."

"Well then, perhaps you just might find a fossil during our battle." I hesitate for a moment, my mind registering what Kathy had just said. "My cockiness?" I scoffed. "You were the one that was just saying how the ancient powers of your Pokemon were perfect. Perfection and victory. You as a scientist must know that perfection is impossible, yet you boast about it?" I gave a small chuckle. "Either way, I'm eagerly anticipating our battle." And that was something seriously new to me. I never get even minorly excited for anything. It would likely just be this one time, and then I would get bored of these people since I would know what to expect. Pity.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • The conversation was going fine until he mentioned about battles, which tensed her up. Pawniard was itching for a fight, yet he calmed down after Stephany calmly glanced at him. She placed her hands behind her back, not knowing what to say.
    "Don't worry, I'm bad at conversations too...obviously...um...I guess we can battle after Professor Oak is done with us, if you don't mind," she responded. She looks at her Gothorita. "I also talk to my pokemon, ninety percent of the time. They're close to me and-" she paused, realizing she was going to personal.

"I mean, sure. We can battle soon, and I don't mind about your interests. Go ahead. I bet I have weird ones," she told him, curious. As much as she was curious, she had a faint look of happiness on her face, but since it was a habit to cover it up, it disappeared quickly without her noticing. Gothorita seemed interested, yet went back inside the bag to sleep, Pawniard listening intently for any hints of battle style.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    "Don't worry, I'm bad at conversations too...obviously...um...I guess we can battle after Professor Oak is done with us, if you don't mind," she responded. She looks at her Gothorita. "I also talk to my pokemon, ninety percent of the time. They're close to me and-" She stopped.

"It's okay," I said, "I'm close to mine too. I think of my pokemon as my family."

"See Junior over there?" I asked pointing to the energetic Grovyle, "He's my energetic, cute, younger brother."

"Here," I pointed to the pokeball on my belt, "is the big sister of my family; she has a fetish for tea and Doctor Who."

Stephany had listened to my chatter and continued, "I mean, sure. We can battle soon, and I don't mind about your interests. Go ahead. I bet I have weird ones,"

I stared at her. Her trooper looking like he wanted really wanted to battle. He liked to fight, I concluded. Reminds me of a certain pokemon I know. I decided to take her word on it, "I like observing people with weird, but interesting traits."

I searched for my notebook and then brought it out of my bag, "I write my observations in here."

I began to flip the pages at this point and found a page that I wanted her to listen, "Here's a page about a man who likes to eat ice cream with his foot."

Back