• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Genesect

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    With an op and coming announcement of a 'new' Pokémon, which we assume to be the unreleased Genesect, what will be it's part in B2/W2?

Event Pokémon?

Accessible Legendary?

Storyline?

Post-storyline extra?

Discuss!

Personally I'd like it to be a normal Legendary that we can find post-Elite4, however it's probably going to be an event ;_;.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Genesect is an Event Legend, they won't change that or it be available already. The "New Pokemon" thing is just going to be them releasing more Pokemon from the National Dex. As for in game events, I can possibly see something new going into its history, but other than that the Cassettes are the only events I see joining in.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Genesect is an Event Legend, they won't change that or it be available already. The "New Pokemon" thing is just going to be them releasing more Pokemon from the National Dex. As for in game events, I can possibly see something new going into its history, but other than that the Cassettes are the only events I see joining in.

Hang on - has the Genesect receiving event ever been replicated? From what I have seen people have only got it through AR cheats. Which means even though it's listed as 'EVENT' everywhere - it could be anything.

------- To clarify, for people trying to be patronising, I understand no event has been release - with previous event legendaries items/maps gave away their 'event' label. Since B/W does not host the event none of this has been found, so there is at least a possibility that Genesect is not an event Pokémon. He would have been hidden and at the end of the Pokédex because he is not obtainable outside of B2/W2 - Regardless of whether he is an event.

Isn't it possible that Genesect is a normal legendary, which when traded back to B/W triggers the scientist battle / getting the disks?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

Hang on - has the Genesect receiving event ever been replicated? From what I have seen people have only got it through AR cheats. Which means even though it's listed as 'EVENT' everywhere - it could be anything.

Isn't it possible that Genesect is a normal legendary, which when traded back to B/W triggers the scientist battle / getting the disks?

No, the fact they have not released it when it was in B/W's Sprite database means its Event Locked. Arceus wasn't released until Platinum, even though its event itself wasn't officially released and it was just a Wifi Event. I don't believe Shaymin and Darkrai were released until late in the D/P life as well.

We just got Keldeo and Meleotta. Neither are Item events and both are going to be event Legends in B2W2. They could have Wifi released all of them in B/W and still triggered the events.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years

• Hang on - has the Genesect receiving event ever been replicated? From what I have seen people have only got it through AR cheats. Which means even though it's listed as 'EVENT' everywhere - it could be anything.

You haven't seen it as an event yet because it hasn't been released in an official event yet. o.o The release actually has to come first. Sure, fansites might put up templates that they will soon use to fill in with Genesect's event information; you'll see that kind of thing, but it isn't released yet. I don't think that will change, it being an event Pokemon, because, if anything, Keldeo will be the only event Pokemon to take a higher importance in BW2.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I can see Genesect gaining an in game event in B2W2 , I mean Deoxys gained one in FrLgE but lacked one in RS so why not Plasma's remaining relic?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I can see Genesect gaining an in game event in B2W2 , I mean Deoxys gained one in FrLgE but lacked one in RS so why not Plasma's remaining relic?

I think he meant that Genesect as a Normal Legend like Zekrom/Reshiram or Cobalion, Virizion, or Terrakion. Already in the game without needing an Event Download to get them.

He says that they are different than Darkrai, Arceus, and Shaymin who had actual events to catch them in game while Keldeo, Meleotta, and Genesect did not in B/W though they had Events to get bonuses for them.

We know Meleotta and Keldeo aren't Normal Legends. They have Events that unlock them, if not download straight into the game. Genesect would pretty much be the same.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I think with the dragons and the musteteers and keldo possibly playing in the main plot, there isn't enough room for Genosect.

He could be post-game with a small story section like Heatran was. that could be neat. Plasma Scientists follow in the foot steeps of Rocket and make a super-pokemon weapon. You have to put a stop to his reign of terror!!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I think Genesect will just get a wi-fi distribution probably with an in game event to go along with it, thats all I see happening.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Already have a shiny Genesect of my own lol.

Yeah I can't see Genesect being introduced officially other than through event tbh, then again if Genesect was to be in-game by the time B2W2 was released I have even more trouble figuring out where it would end up being on the Unova map to begin with, hard to imagine it just strolling by Nimbasa City with a top hat and a cane now like that singing bullfrog from Looney Toons of all things.

Livewire_

Knight of Three
    Years
  • Maybe the Genesect event will coincide with the release of the games, or something. I'm pretty sure it'll be involved some way shape or form.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    When the Wifi event (as it'll most likely happen) happens, I want it to be something that actually ties Genesect into the story, rather than "just a wifi event". I feel like there's so much potential there for it and if it's not really involved in the story somehow, then that seems kind of disappointing (though as for time it'll be released? dunno really, long after initial release imo).

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • hard to imagine it just strolling by Nimbasa City with a top hat and a cane now like that singing bullfrog from Looney Toons of all things.

Nimbasa is known for it's musicals! What else would you do with your pokemon death machine?

I had a thought. P2 Labritory is completely empty and nothing is in there. The TM for thunderbolt is outside, but that's nothing.

Make P2 a big maze with Genosect at the end. Maybe he is why P2 is empty like Pokemon Mansion and Mewtwo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    His own maze? Would that be something unlocked via event? Because I find that kinda interesting that while in B/W they can do the basic event we know of, and in B2/W2, two years later, it's expanded into a much larger location which can only be unlocked via some key you can get at an event (aka the door is shut). Once you get the key then like you can find other Pokemon and access it later but it's basically where Genesect is hiding. Hmmm I want that actually. :3

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Nimbasa is known for it's musicals! What else would you do with your pokemon death machine?

I had a thought. P2 Labritory is completely empty and nothing is in there. The TM for thunderbolt is outside, but that's nothing.

Make P2 a big maze with Genosect at the end. Maybe he is why P2 is empty like Pokemon Mansion and Mewtwo.

Maybe it would be something really off-beat and funny for Genesect :P

That lab could use a bit of a makeover in the sequels; I think maybe it'll finally get expanded or something, or at least Genesect will have something to do with that place. (For some reason, the lab is intact, unlike that other Pokémon Mansion)

If Genesect is an in-game event, he'll probably be there :P

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019

I dunno kill Bidoofs with it in my spare time while having this playing.

Make a underground abandoned facility underneath the P2 Lab in that case, mostly ruined though to show its age and also some wild Pokes such as Magneton, Ditto, and Zwelious in the area as well, and yes I know it sounds a lot like the Cerulean Cave mixed with the Power Plant in Kanto now but it would seem like an ideal location for something along the lines of Genesect if you ask me.

PokeFreak201306

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I think think Genesect is gonna be part of the storyline seeing how he was made as an experiment so we need to know how and why? I think Ghetsis comes back better than ever and creates him then something goes wrong and Genesect and Kyruem go into a battle :)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think Genesect will be like Arceus, I'm not sure how it was released but I know it wasn't in DPPT so I think a similar scenario will take place here. I do know that you were able to obtain Arceus legitimately in HGSS so maybe if these other remakes come along there will be some kind of Genescet event?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think Genesect will be like Arceus, I'm not sure how it was released but I know it wasn't in DPPT so I think a similar scenario will take place here. I do know that you were able to obtain Arceus legitimately in HGSS so maybe if these other remakes come along there will be some kind of Genescet event?
    It's possible, I mean none of the last pokemon in their generation's Pokedex have had in game events in their home region with the exception of Celebi with the GS ball, and Deoxys (except his first introduction as an in game event was in the remakes of Kanto). So maybe Genesect is saved until much later...

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • As much as I would like it to be involved within the story it doesn't look like that. Maybe there is a Neo Plasma that bring him out, and use him as there go to poke after the main story, but it would seem most of the focus would be on Kyurem and the Musketeers. If anything I would think Genesect would be an event that would coincide with the 16th movie as other past events i.e. Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Keldeo have been.

Back