• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Japanese B2W2 animated trailer

bobandbill

one more time
Years
First thing is first - good luck trying to find a video because all links to it are being blocked and made Japan only. So are rehosted efforts of it, so don't count on seeing it.

edit: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xquxz9_pokemon-black-white-2-anime-promo_videogames someone just linked me so enjoy if it's still viwable when I post!

Lucily someone posted the link on sppf to the video before it had been properly blocked, so a few of us who clicked it early enough (including me) got to see it before it was blocked. It's basically a anime-style video of scenes that seem will be in the game (idk how accurate they will turn out to be, but one can assume it's possible some aspects of the game are in that video). It's also decently animated and seemingly by some different studio.

Have this rough summary of what happens too if you cannot see.
- N is walking, has some pendulum thing, looks pretty much the same. Is standing on the top of some ruins (dragon spiral tower?)
- Game logo
- male protagonist andrival have a race to viewing platform while unfitting electric music plays
- they meet older bianca who sounds very kawaii desu~ (=p) and holds box with starter Pokemon
- protagonist is listning to scientist guy (Akuroma) talking as his lucario watches. Akuroma has a magneton next to him
- huge stage, maybe gym battle or something with elesa who has a new outfit
- protagonist, rival and Cheren (who has final form of lillipup) are on a boat surrounded by evil team (plasma with new look?), one woman who seems to be a leader of some sort has a seviper and a ninja-esque outfit. cool battling proceeds. Rival had water type starter, protagonist fire type so that deal remains the same
- protagonist and lucario chase ninja girl, but to no avail
- shadow tirad show up on giant ice block and talk before escaping
- two kyurem forms are battling
- logos!
So gist - N is in it, shadow tirad is too, cheren does stuff as does rival with you against evil teams on a boat.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Elesa as a brunette is even hotter!

What a great way to promote the games, hopefully it come out in English as well. It will definitely attract new players.

Thanks for the link!

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
/types while watching
Pardon me momentarily..

AAAAH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

ohmygod
ohmygod N, just kill me now
leave me to die ohmygod

ohmygod Rival!

Oh wow.

OH WOW.

Their voices = \o/

The animation is really pretty.. *____*

AN ENTIRE POKEMON TRAILER WITHOUT ASH.

Okay, disappointed at that the female trainer wasn't in it, though.

Years
ADL;KSAL;JVKLNM

Dat PLASMA THEME
DAT BATTLE
DAT ENTIRE THING AAAAAAAAUGH

Anyway. I thought the Shadow Triad were all female. I'm pretty sure this new(?) triad is male (the one they were chasing most certainly was, or else she has a really, REALLY deep voice). And there's that scan that showed someone in the old Team Plasma outfit...so I guess they have split?

Also, this sort of cemented my starter choice >_>

Last edited:

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Pokemon BW and Rival Destinies..eat your heart out. That animated trailer is THE Pokemon anime I would watch every day.

Team Plasma returns; and with snazzy new attire. What's more that it seems The Shadow Triad has a much more prominent role than in BW.

Wait...that's Elesa? Damn....she looks hot.. but strangely got a Crula DeVille-thing going on...:P Well, at least we know that she's returning as a Gym Leader and that's fine with me. So based on this trailer...that's four confirmed Gym Leaders? Or is it five?

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Not sure if I can post pictures but do delete this is it's an infraction.

Spoiler:

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Due to The Pokémon Company allegedly cracking down on it, you're free to link to YouTube videos or DailyMotion videos or whatnot provided they're still up, but please don't directly link to videos or upload them on PC itself. :P (Note to bluerang1: No, posting images doesn't matter.)

This video is better animated than the Pokémon animation itself. I find that completely strange. :P

It does show that Cheren does MUCH more than act as a first gym leader, though. :P

I also think we can lay to rest the theories regarding the region's original gym leader trio.

Haha yeah. Those are definitely not the triplets from Straiton.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Would try to resist the fangasms, but to late :/

Well, it looks better than the actual anime. amirite or amirite?

Well, I can see that Ill be seeing alot of Sevipers, Zangoose, Scrafty, Bedlum, and Kink...
Team Plasma's outfit looks better, the least most ridiculous outfit since Rocket...

Elesa's redesign...I don't like one bit. It just looks plain silly, and considering she is a model, that is saying alot. I still want to know what the big runway with the crowd is all about. If its a gym, then I can be expecting more epic Gym Battles.

Cherens Heirder, in my opinion, indicates that he is a normal type leader, and he replaced Lenora.
Shadow Triad is back, of course. I want to see if it was really the Stration City leaders or not once and for all!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
This. Trailer. Is. Awesome.

GameFreak did a really good job on that video. The way Akuroma was talking to the guy protagonist seemed a bit suspicious to me; I have a feeling he could be a part of the villainous team.

And since when did Team Plasma go from medieval to ninja? I'm guessing that the Shadow Triad had something to do with that.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
N's eyes are so sexy haha. But so excited now, oh my gosh! This trailer was epic, glad they thought of doing something promotional like this before the games hit Japan next month. This does clarify some of our speculations as well. :D

Mista T

Pityin' fools.
Years
Words cannot describe the fantastic nature of this video. In my eyes, there were a couple of scenes that encapsulated the entire video.

1) Akuroma's aloof air gave the video a tinge of mystery.
2) Elesa's sexiness gave the video a tinge of the risque.
3) Motherflippin' Arcanine sinking its motherfrikkin' teeth into motherfrackin' Seviper was the turning point. It exclaimed "THIS GAME IS A CHILDREN'S GAME NO LONGER. THIS IS A MAN'S GAME."

This post might not even be coherent. I'm literally ecstatic to the point of babbling right now.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think it's pretty awesome tbh. I love how N's back, etc.
(I'm excited I just don't feel so great so it doesn't show lool).

This also clarifies that Unova is somewhat frozen over for reals, yay! And that Cheren has more of a role.

BUT YEAH AWESOME.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
If only the anime was like this...

I really wish a new separate Pokemon anime would start, taking cues from the B2/W2 promotional trailer, such as:

*darker tone
*Pokemon don't stupidly say their names over and over again
*Pokemon actually make noises resembling their in-game cries (listen to Emboar's roar in the trailer)
*not ridiculously childish
*the main character actually gets a starter Pokemon instead of a really weak electric rodent

I despise the current anime so much because of how childish it is - I haven't watched it in over seven years. If they ever made a new anime in the same style as the promotional trailer, I would definitely watch it...

That being said, that was a wonderful trailer! What a spectacular way to promote the games, finally I have some evidence to use for my point that the Pokemon games were always meant to be serious!

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
ASDFLKJ;SDFKLAAS!!

Did I really just watch that? Is this real life? Is this some sort of sick joke? Thirty seconds into it, and I'm already squealing and bopping around like a five-year-old who's about to get a video game for the very first time.

First of all, the animation. Why can't the actual anime be like THAT? The promotional trailer had me wishing the writers of the anime would just start over, get rid of Ash, and start anew. It was all so pretty! Plus, Arcanine using Bite (or Crunch, your pick) looked so well executed compared to what they do in the actual show! Everything was just so appealing to the eyes, omg! Basically I agree with what Chaos Rush said.

Secondly, I really hope the Pokémon Team Plasma had here in the promo are what they will have in the games. No more weak garbage Pokémon, but useful ones like they showed here.

Also, glad to see the Shadow Triad around and back.

M'Kay, I'm officially more excited than I originally was. This trailer also makes me look down at the anime even more (yet, I still can't stop watching). Not even the movies turn out this exciting when its all done and gone.

PS. I agree with Drew. Where was the female protagonist in all of this!?

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Yeah show Willow! I want to see her cuteness in action.

I need to rewatch the video to see this frozen area that is being spoken of.

And do you guys think that this is only a promotion or may be a special?

Also I was thinking that they were pulling the Protagonist not speaking thing really well until he gave Arcanine commands haha

My goodness, the cinematics of this are brilliant.

Oh I see the frozen Unova. I thought it was Daikenki's Ice Beam.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
Completely written out of the canon. :(
I'm going to assume, based on the trailer, that when you choose which protagonist you want to play as, the other male or female counterpart won't have any involvement in the game. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I got for why they only used the male and didn't write in the female too.

Still, sad she was left out. I love her design and would have loved to see it displayed in the animated trailer even more.

Maybe we'll get a second trailer with her [and Serperior] in it? I don't know. One can only hope!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I feel like it's way too close to the games to do an alternate trailer. This one basically gives you everything the normal trailers don't without giving away too much. I'd rather leave the awesomeness as it is.

Back