• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello there, I'm Cap :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2012
    Hiya!

My name is capreo, but on Pokemon Showdown my name is AwkwardDunsparce. To be perfectly honest with you, I'm very new to the whole concept of competitive Pokemon battling. I was always one of the kids who filled his Snorlax up with thunderbolt, ice beam, hyper beam and something else that was very stupid. Basically, competitive Pokemon battling is like a new pair of pants that our a little too big, I'll eventually grow into 'em. :)

I'm hoping to battle and learn from all of you as, judging by first impressions, you seem like a very friendly and helpful community.

Keep it awesome!
    -capreo (AwkwardDunsparce)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Hey dude, welcome to the forum! I'm Squirrel on the server so we've already met but nice to see you here too :D Make sure to read the forum's rules and talk to any member of staff if you need help and hopefully we'll see you around loads. Also take a look around the Battle Center if you want somewhere to start off and hopefully we'll fight in lots of tournies together :D Have fun! c:

Cid

Years
  • Hi there! Ahh I'm so glad Mid (AzureHorizons) dragged you from the main server all the way to our server. That way we were able to drag you from there to here! This forum is awesome, I tell you. You will not regret this. :3 If it isn't obvious, I'm Cider from the server. ;D

So your name is Capreo, huh? It's a pretty awesome name if I do say so myself. Dunsparce is a cool 'mon imo, so seeing your username made me take a liking to you immediately back in the server. :) Well sort of, haha. You were really friendly too so that just sealed the deal. Don't worry about being a new competitive battler, you will improve if you keep at it! And to be honest you're pretty clever to put Boltbeam as coverage moves on your Snorlax (though that point is moot when you consider the physical and special attacking stat discrepancy, ahaha), I mean I'm probably worse because I used to be so adamant about sticking with STAB moves for my 'mons, lmao. But yes, perfect metaphor right there! You shall grow into it soon enough. :D

I'm so very happy that you're finally here. Please, feel free to explore our humble community. Also we mentioned this awhile ago on the server, you should sign up in the monotypes tourney if you haven't! And quickly! Get that Bug-type monoteam before someone else does! Welcome to PC, and enjoy your stay! <3

Years
  • Heya Cap, a biiiig welcome to PC! I go on the Pokemon Showdown server too though I don't think I've seen you there yet, but that'll definitely change soon. Absolutely adore the cute little Dunsparce in your icon, by the way. <3

Haha, I'm totally the same way when it comes to competitive battling. Only recently got into it myself, but thankfully there are always plenty of guides up on the internet to help newbies like us along. xD; Do you have a favorite tier? Our Battle Center seems to prefer NU and that's mostly what I've been trying; it's super fun! We should have a match sometime when we run into each other. You'll definitely learn a lot here since we have many experienced battlers on PC, though the site has talented individuals when it comes to many other things as well.

Makes me happy that you think we're a nice place so far, and we won't let you down! Stick around and have fun, you'll definitely meet a lot of cool people. Plus you seem like a great person yourself, so the more the merrier! :D So I'll throw the 'keep it awesome' statement right back at you, yup.

It was great meeting you and have a great stay on PC! Hope your Christmas was good if you celebrate and feel free to contact me or any other staff member if you need help.

Years
  • Hiya!

My name is capreo, but on Pokemon Showdown my name is AwkwardDunsparce. To be perfectly honest with you, I'm very new to the whole concept of competitive Pokemon battling. I was always one of the kids who filled his Snorlax up with thunderbolt, ice beam, hyper beam and something else that was very stupid. Basically, competitive Pokemon battling is like a new pair of pants that our a little too big, I'll eventually grow into 'em. :)

I'm hoping to battle and learn from all of you as, judging by first impressions, you seem like a very friendly and helpful community.

Keep it awesome!
    -capreo (AwkwardDunsparce)

Hi Cap, and welcome to PC.

I think I may have seen you on the battle server, I'm also Hikari10 over there. Nice avatar you have by the way. I'm only new to competitive battling but there's fun guides to read so you can learn the basics, and we have loads of fans of the NU (Neverused) tier, including our B/W mod Forever.

Glad you're enjoying PC so far, it's a really fun forum and the staff are always happy to help you. Browse around and see what you like given how big we are, plus you seem like you'll be a great member here given how good you are on the server.

I'm Hikari, and have a fun stay here. If you ever need to talk, just send me a VM!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
    Years
  • Don't worry Capreo, I am new to the concept of competitive battling as well.
    Truth be told, you get used to it rather quickly.

If you would ever like help in EV training, planning, or simply what Pokèmon to choose; be sure to speak to your fellow forums members, & feel free to VM me if you would ever like a second opinion :) .

OH!
    Also, welcome!
    I hope you have a lovely time here~

Back