The PokéCommunity Forums Off Topic Discussions Off-Topic
[Poll] City or Country?

Off-Topic Hang out with people and talk about whatever. Feel free to suggest a better description for this forum as everyone seems to have an opinion. :D

View Poll Results: Where would rather live?
The country 9 32.14%
The city 19 67.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 7th, 2014 (2:19 AM).

Nature: Quiet
Which one would you rather live in and why?

As an Australian I think I'd definitely want to live in the city. Our towns and country properties can be very remote, few people live there and many places are just vast expanses of bushland. As much as I like nature I wouldn't want to live away from society or in a boring town where nothing happens and you know everyone. It's awesome that with 4.5 million people there could always be new friends to make, beautiful faces to see and never see again, just a maelstrom of humanity, it's quite humbling.

I love the public transport of cities, having to drive everywhere would just get so tedious. Convenience in terms of getting food, opportunities for entertainment, plus awesome WiFi :)

It's difficult to explain but I think living in cities lets you experience more of the world, at least our part of the world, society.

What's your preferred area to live?

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 7th, 2014 (3:52 AM).
can I have Pokepuff? I'll be nice!

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Firox
I have lived in both country and city - many times I prefer the country, but also when I lived in the country I missed the city. It's a hard choice at times.

Don't know maybe one part of the year in the country and the other on the city. Voted for country since I don't get to travel much now a days, at the moment I do miss the Oregon countryside.
Old February 7th, 2014 (4:02 AM).
Mission Complete✔

Nature: Lax
A city. I like the big cities with bright lights and tons of people. I'd hate to be stuck alone in the country. That's why I like Jacksonville.

Old February 7th, 2014 (5:44 AM).

Nature: Quirky
I live in the city so yeah obviously answered city here. I don't even think I'd survive in a rural area after bad experiences with school camp in the past.

on indefinite hiatus due to personal problems
Old February 7th, 2014 (5:45 AM).

Nature: Jolly
I've never lived in the city where I'm from, but also in the city, crime is higher and you're more confined. I prefer the open space out where we are and there's hardly any crime. So I voted for country.
Old February 7th, 2014 (5:50 AM).
Angeline plushxKikaito plush

Nature: Naughty
I live in a city but would rather live in the country where there are less people to make noise that bother me.
Old February 7th, 2014 (6:53 AM).

Nature: Brave
I'm a big city junkie. As much as I adore the lovely so-called countryside where I live in right now, I would much rather be in a city with lots of people.
Old February 7th, 2014 (8:23 AM).
Decently-behaving Anime Girl

Nature: Calm
Cities definitively
Not sure why, but it probably has something to do with how I grew up in Oslo, so whenever I'm there it just feels very right. It's a pretty unique atmosphere; streets filled with shops and people that pass by, having their own lives with ups and downs

Where I live now is considered a city, but I find it a bit... small... more like a small town really.
Old February 7th, 2014 (8:28 AM).

Definitely would prefer to live in a city. There's nothing wrong with the piece and quiet environment that you get in the country, which I would like once in a while, but the convenience of being able to walk around as a method of transportation is a plus. It can be scary living out in the country so far from civilization and neighbours are spread out .___.

— レイン —
Old February 7th, 2014 (9:07 AM).

Nature: Sassy
Country. There's no way I will ever live in a city.
It's too grey for me, it's chaotic, polluted, and all you can see is buildings everywhere, no green.
I live by a big lake, surrounded with mountains and green everywhere; the city is still only half an hour away.
Sure, during the winter it gets very lonely, but so what? Silence and the sounds of nature can be appreciated a lot more than the never ending noise of cars and city life.
I don't know if this applies to other places in the country too, but here during summer there's a lot of activity.
Everywhere, towns get filled with tourists, and driving anywhere takes ages because of all the traffic.
It's quite the opposite of what I described above about the winter here, so it's not like I can't get what life in the city can offer me, more like: I can, but with the not so trivial added bonus of healthier lungs and the sight of something pretty when I get up.
Old February 7th, 2014 (10:38 AM).

Nature: Timid
This is a killer question for me because I'm a traveler at heart and can see beauty in both areas. The country is peaceful and its scenery gorgeous while a city is bustling and has so many places to go.. both are areas I can see myself settling down in if given the choice.

But I'd probably go with a city because more work opportunities and all that jazz.

. pair family twin mal .
Old February 7th, 2014 (10:45 AM).

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Choice Specs
I've never lived in a city as I have always been countryside but like the others, the city is where I want to be. It's so much more lively with numerous more things to do. It just seems better overall and wouldn't be as boring all of the time haha.

Showdown | Christos | smod
Old February 7th, 2014 (10:57 AM).
#teamcap

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Treecko
I live in a city and as much I enjoy it, I wouldn't mind living in the country. It always seems more quiet in the country than the city and the scenery is a lot more beautiful than a bunch of buildings and houses. My aunt lives in the city and I enjoy the quiet and the solitude I get there. There is however a lot more to do in the city and sometimes the lights can be really pretty. But the night sky and stars are even prettier. :3
Old February 7th, 2014 (11:47 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
I like suburbs more than noisy cities or remote countries.
Old February 7th, 2014 (2:03 PM).

I understand the love some people feel for country life, but I myself highly prefer cities. Everything is right where you need it, it's so much more convenient. I've actually had a lot of people completely not comprehend my point of view; usually goes something like "How on earth can you prefer the city?! It's gross, and crowded, SO much traffic, so very noisy, everything's way too fast paced. You've obviously never lived in the country, where it's peaceful, quiet, and you can see the stars..."

That's all good and well and I do love visiting the country every now and again, but I guess the high amount of convenience makes it all worth it for me. You can really immerse yourself in culture and people and all that stuff in the city. And I really love it <3

Really comes down to the type of person you are I guess.
Old February 7th, 2014 (11:57 PM).
The Storm of Friendship

Send a message via Skype™ to Astraea
Cities! Remote areas are still under development in our country and i feel very uncomfortable while i am at my granpa's place!
Old February 8th, 2014 (2:02 AM).
Long Live The Note

Nature: Hasty
Country for sure. I literally cannot stand to be up in the city. Too much noise and the roads seem almost impossible to drive on. It just feels depressing to me. I always dread trips up to St. Louis, but I have to if I want to watch a Blues game. It's just a lot more peaceful out in the country and I've always enjoyed outdoor activities and small gatherings. It's probably because I grew up out in the country, so that's the type of life I'm used too.
Old February 8th, 2014 (2:53 AM).
lights out.

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Fletch
After living in both, I can easily say I prefer City life. Transport is quicker, you're closer to facilities, there's more things to do and see.
Old February 8th, 2014 (4:51 AM).
your fervent wish

Nature: Serious
I'd rather live in the city. Chaotic, but I'd prefer it. I hate the country.
Old February 8th, 2014 (5:14 AM).
ふゆかい

Nature: Quiet
The city. I'm used to live in anywhere as long as I'm in the cities.

Old February 8th, 2014 (8:53 AM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?

Nature: Adamant
Oh the city most definitely. I might consider the country if it weren't for the... country people.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old February 8th, 2014 (9:01 AM).
we are maverick

Oh god, I don't wanna live in the country at all.

I love big cities, and the people, and the lights.

As it is, I live in a suburb. Hoping to change that one day. We've got Kansas city that's close by, buuut even that isn't as big as I'd like. It's a mini-city in comparison to some. xD

tumblr | twitter | theme | previously known as Drew
paired to Vivace
Old February 8th, 2014 (9:05 AM).
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I'd like to live in the country but nearby a bigger city. Where we wouldn't get much traffic except when I had to go into town. Sadly, that's not the case where I live where it's an eternal traffic jam.
Old February 8th, 2014 (9:51 AM).
Monkey slut!

Nature: Calm
El countraaayyy!

It'd be so peaceful, and I could lie on my hammock with my dog reading books, I could ride ponies to wherever I'd need to go, have spare time, I could breathe without inhaling toxic car fumes, see stars for the first time in 10 years and there'd be snow! omg!

I'm sure it's not actually like that, but beats living in a stuffy city any day
Old February 8th, 2014 (12:57 PM).
I'm so spooky

I live in a city right now but I'd love to live in the country if even for a short while just to see what it's like. There's a woodsy area near my college campus and I go there whenever I have time because I just really love trees and it's always quiet and peaceful.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links