• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen No More X and Y News

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
  • With the October issue of Coro Coro already out we won't be receiving any more or at the most very little news. We have so far a total of 36 new Pokemon confirmed globally along with 11 Mega Evolutions. We know of Mega Kangaskhan and Oorotto but they haven't been announced publicly. Now I personally want more information, only because I don't like playing Pokemon blind, in terms of Pokemon themselves.
    Do you guys think this lack of Information will make people more anxious for the games? Do you think the English name of Oorotto will be announced before October 12th? Is there any more information you would like to know?
    oorotto.jpg
    megakangaskhan.jpg

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Wauw.

And I thought they revealed to much information it was like a flood gate that opened up from a thick wall.
    Anyways. I'd prefer less information as possible, I want to play my Pokémon games as fresh as possible; it still need to be a surprise, you know? To much information about a upcoming game ruins the fun of it.

Anyhow as the last bit of information i'm pretty curious about is what the duo or trio legendaries will be and what Pokémon will be this Generation's Hydreigon, Lucario or even Zoroark.

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
    Years
  • I think, other than not telling us about the two pokemon mentioned in the first post they gave us just the right amount. Just kinda pissed they didn't have anything much in the US like they did for the BW release!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm hoping that they release a little hype bomb a week or two before release. It wouldn't need to be huge, either an official oorotto announcement or an evolution of one of the new pokemon (Helioptile, flabebe, spritzee etc) would be fine.

We probably won't get any major news, at this point our best chance of something new is if they start using oorotto in english gameplay trailers so we'd get its english name at least.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It is possible for there to be 1 more Corocoro before the game comes out. Corocoro has been coming out every 2nd week of a month, so it is possible to have 1 more Corocoro before the game comes out. It will be right before or right after the official release of X and Y.

It is also possible for Pokemon Smash or whatever the show is that is taking it's place every Sunday to also reveal some stuff. This coming Pokemon Smash will probably be showing off Mewtwo X. (I think, it was hinted there was a Secrete about Mega Mewtwo) So they are getting caught up with current news.

Anyways, most of the time we hardly get any info about the new pokemon games. The last time is was a leak that got the go in serious trouble and threatened to shut down most Pokemon fan sites.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I am happy with what we have now, in fact I would also be fine with less information. I want to explore the games and discover new things myself (but I couldn't resist/avoid spoilers). The only thing I'd probably want to know is how many new Pokémon we are going to have in total. But no more evolutions please. I like having a surprise when evolving my Pokémon (even if it's bad one xD).

Years
    • Age 31
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm actually looking forward to not knowing everything before playing the games. I've gotten just the right information to ge me hyped without knowing everything about the game and thus losing that hype because there's nothing new to explore. But with how it currently is there are still Pokemon, gym leaders, and so much else that we don't know that I can't wait to find out for myself just what is going to be in the games. It's also what I find so great about the world wide release. I didn't know much about Black/White but once it came out in Japan I started to learn more and more and by the time it arrived here my hype was gone. So yeah. ♥

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    It is possible for there to be 1 more Corocoro before the game comes out. Corocoro has been coming out every 2nd week of a month, so it is possible to have 1 more Corocoro before the game comes out. It will be right before or right after the official release of X and Y.

It is also possible for Pokemon Smash or whatever the show is that is taking it's place every Sunday to also reveal some stuff. This coming Pokemon Smash will probably be showing off Mewtwo X. (I think, it was hinted there was a Secrete about Mega Mewtwo) So they are getting caught up with current news.

Anyways, most of the time we hardly get any info about the new pokemon games. The last time is was a leak that got the go in serious trouble and threatened to shut down most Pokemon fan sites.

The Leaks would actually be on that day. The 12th is usually when a Leak surfaces, but that doesn't guarantee that we're going to get X and Y news. The games will have officially released a few hours into the day when the leaks release. Actually, September 11th around 4 or 5 PM for me here in America, the Japanese players will have already had their games (maybe as that is fairly early for them) and will be leaking as many details about the game as possible. Us in America are going to be the last ones that will get to play the games....I think the Australians will be the first to get to play, so there will be leaks around the 11th both around Mid day and long into the night.

I can imagine PokeJungle giving out a surplus of info as he lives in Japan so he'd be able to get it before any American Player and leak everything as he goes.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    We all know that this is not final... Knowing nintendo and game freak they will do what they did in D/P wait till like a few days (most likely a week) they Revealed everything. If they don't this would be first time they haven't which makes a lot of sense because of:
    Reasons why it maybe last news:
    1) Same Day Release: So we don't know what the whole dex is like because Japan has not gotten it yet. We probably wont know the whole pokedex until some hardcore pokemon player gets pretty close to filling it up and Serebii starts updating. Just stay off the Internet after Friday October 11th because Its Saturday Else where! XD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The Leaks would actually be on that day. The 12th is usually when a Leak surfaces, but that doesn't guarantee that we're going to get X and Y news. The games will have officially released a few hours into the day when the leaks release. Actually, September 11th around 4 or 5 PM for me here in America, the Japanese players will have already had their games (maybe as that is fairly early for them) and will be leaking as many details about the game as possible. Us in America are going to be the last ones that will get to play the games....I think the Australians will be the first to get to play, so there will be leaks around the 11th both around Mid day and long into the night.

I can imagine PokeJungle giving out a surplus of info as he lives in Japan so he'd be able to get it before any American Player and leak everything as he goes.
    Especially those of us who live in the west coast, Hawaii, or Alaska...hopefully the e-shop will update as soon as it strikes midnight in the east coast for the whole country...I remember they did that for FE: Awakening.

If not then I'll have to stay away from here all day long...or at least half of the day xD. Unless my physical copy arrives early :3

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • I'm not too sad there's no more info; I like exploring a region and seeing pokemon that I didn't know existed. All I need to see are the final evolutions of Froakie and Fennekin so that I can finally decide which one to choose. ...It's going to be hard to see those pokemon without spoiling anything else.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • wow are you seirous? thas.....not as much info as I expected. still I guess I AM satified kinda. at least I know what the second evos of the starters are

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • I'm very happy with what information we've already gotten, and I hope that no more (or very little) information comes out before the games are released. If any new information is released, I know I wouldn't be able to resist checking it out, haha! >_< I've never went into a new generation without having seen every new pokémon before (even Gen I), and I'd really love to experience this. Maybe I'll choose the last two members of my team spontaneously again. ^-^

Strange how Oorotto's non-Japanese names haven't been revealed yet, though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I really hope that they don't reveal any more news to us. Right now, we have just the perfect amount of info in order to get ourselves prepared for all the new mechanics that are going to be introduced in Pokémon X and Y. If they had revealed more info, then I'm sure they could've ruined the gameplay experience a bit for most of us. I know we that could stay away from these stuff if we like, but it's not as easy as you might think. d:

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • With the October issue of Coro Coro already out we won't be receiving any more or at the most very little news. We have so far a total of 36 new Pokemon confirmed globally along with 11 Mega Evolutions. We know of Mega Kangaskhan and Oorotto but they haven't been announced publicly. Now I personally want more information, only because I don't like playing Pokemon blind, in terms of Pokemon themselves.
    Do you guys think this lack of Information will make people more anxious for the games? Do you think the English name of Oorotto will be announced before October 12th? Is there any more information you would like to know?
    oorotto.jpg
    megakangaskhan.jpg

Hmm...the number of Pokemon already revealed kind of seems like a lot to me, but it simultaneously feels like the just-right amount for now until the XY games' release (I'm hoping for a Pokemon count of at least 151 new Pokemon total, including the already-released/revealed ones, so we can simultaneously match the number of Pokemon introduced in Generation 1 and breach the 800-milestone for number of existing Pokemon ever :P).

Mega Kangaskhan hasn't been announced publicly? The heck...? ~_~ That just baffles me...it was showcased at the 2013 Pokemon Videogame Championships (sanctioned by The Pokemon Company International and held somewhere in the western Hemisphere, IIRC), so I don't know why they haven't placed it on their website. I mean, the YouTube channel is littered with things from 2013 VGC as it is; Mega Kangaskhan's introduction could've easily been included within an official video.

The gap between Oorooto's Japanese and English unveiling is irritating the crap out of me; I thought that we would have gotten the official name by now (I anticipated an English version trailer of the trailer Oorooto debuted in to have been released a week or two after Oorooto was first spotted... But now its been weeks, if not months!)! The English (and other-language localizers) have been doing a great job of keeping up with everything that is officially revealed in Japan regarding XY (the games themselves at least; the anime news is understandably a mixed bag as dubbing takes a while), usually updating the official site 1-2 days (sometimes even same day?) after Corocoro or whatever has revealed new XY information. And the TPCI just had a major Monday announcement (on September 16th, 2013); they could've easily used that day to showcase Oorooto as well. I'm hoping Oorooto (and Mega Kangaskhan) properly receive English website/YouTube showcases before XY are officially released, but it's not too big of a loss if it doesn't happen, given that the release date for XY is now less than a month away. Still predicting that Oorooto's English name will be Rotroot! ;)

I really hope that they don't reveal any more news to us. Right now, we have just the perfect amount of info in order to get ourselves prepared for all the new mechanics that are going to be introduced Pokémon X and Y. If they had revealed more info, then I'm sure they could've ruined the gameplay experience a bit for most of us. I know we that could stay away from these stuff if we like, but it's not as easy as you might think. d:

I think the amount of news already revealed (Mega Kangaskhan and Oorooto's English name are the only things left that still need to be added, in my opinion) is quite sufficient until the actual release of XY. It's neat that the Kalos' starters' final forms have been kept under wraps for all this time (unlike the Stage-3 Unova starter Pokemon, IIRC; those got leaked with quite the outcry)... It's better if more things (the legendaries; identity of the crime syndicate leader and the Champion, etc.) are left unrevealed for the players to discover themselves as they play through XY. If I were getting XY on release day, I wouldn't mind not sifting through any more news until then (though I seem to be checking Bulbanews like a lunatic lately XD). Of course, all of this mainly is squat for me since I will likely have everything spoiled for me (as has been the case for Generations 4 and 5, especially 5) before I even get the chance to touch a mere cartridge of XY... :( So, really, in my case, it doesn't really matter whether any more news is disclosed to us or nothing trickles until the games are actually released; I'll still be exposed to the information much earlier (moreso in the case of leaks/spoilers running rampant from the Internet and everyone who's actively playing the game) than I would like. :/

The news I'm waiting for mainly concerns the potential "Z" legendary, the new potential legendary trio, the potential "Mew" of Kalos, the potential "Mewtwo" of Kalos (if not Mewtwo outright, which I'm guessing it probably will be due to his new Formes/"Mega Evolutions"), the stage-3 forms/evolutions of the Kalos starter Pokemon, and the Mega Evolutions of all fully-evolved starter Pokemon (excluding the already-released ones) and "pseudo-legendaries" (AKA Dragonite and co.; I know Garchomp has already gotten one).

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 15, 2023

And more news released XD Nothing big, but it was a Japanese 3DS shop update which was more a recap, though they do show off a new move...which is either very weak or Special typed unless the Marill had an ability other than Huge Power as it should have OHKO'd Haxorus in the video.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

• And more news released XD Nothing big, but it was a Japanese 3DS shop update which was more a recap, though they do show off a new move...which is either very weak or Special typed unless the Marill had an ability other than Huge Power as it should have OHKO'd Haxorus in the video.
    Awesome overview trailer. It summarizes what we know thus far :)

That new move appears to be physical...it looks like it maybe either a new fairy move or a normal move. I'm guessing that the Marill proably lacks Huge Power of has horrible attack Iv's and Ev's xD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I feel that CoroCoro should have officially revealed Mega Kangaskhan and Oorotto in the latest issue. They just felt kinda empty to me.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • A likely untrained, itemless Marill doing 30% before weakness to a Haxorus probably means the move is fairly strong. It kinda looks like a Fairy-type Close Combat, animation wise. Its so cute ;-;

Back