Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Draconius GO
 
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old September 28th, 2013 (8:27 AM). Edited December 13th, 2014 by Sheep.
Sheep's Avatar
Sheep Sheep is offline
  • Administrator
  • Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Posts: 22,506


Welcome to PokeCommunity's official generation 2 fanclub, a group for all of those wonderful generation 2 and Johto fans out there! Whether you're a fan of Gold, Silver, and Crystal or got into Johto during HeartGold and SoulSilver, this is the club for you!

Rules:


1. Be kind to others and follow all PC rules.
2. Try to be active. You guys help the club stay alive and thriving for others to join up and participate.
3. Enjoy your time in the club! We're all here to discuss the second generation and befriend each other, so let's be friendly and make sure the atmosphere here is pleasant.

Easy enough, right?

Join Form:

Quote:
Name:
Two Johto Partner Pokemon (optional; no legends please):
Answer a topic!:
Here is a list of all the Johto Pokemon.
Here is a list of all the Johto Pokemon Pokemon and their animated sprites.

Members:


1. Sheep (owner)
2. Daughter of Dawn
3. Castform
4. BlahISuck
5. Zach
6. Lilith
7. CloysterOyster
8. Water Gym Leader
9. Nymphadora
10. Yumetaro
11. Umbr30n
12. xseed

13. Olli
14. Rhytham
15. BroChickaBowWow
16. krabbypatz93
17. Pokemount
18. Sector
19. Adventure
20. Wicked3DS
21. Zeratul
22. Ekdrah
23. Venitardus
24. Mister Oshawott
25. purplekirby54
26. Axeliira
27. DarkCloud1267
28. LucarioGuild7
29. Squirrel
30. AoTora
31. xall
32. RoreyG
33. Sapphire Dragon
34. bewbs
35. Absolus
36. SilverDunsparce
35. greenshrub
36. CleverCookies
37. Crypsis
38. Raging Umbreon
39. KamikazeSSoH
40. lemonhihi
41. Velveteenwolf
42. Imperator161
43. Relativity124


Topics:


1. What was the first Johto game you played?
2. What is your favorite Johto Pokemon and why?
3. When did you first start loving Johto?
4. If you could own one Johto Pokemon and one only, which one would you pick and why?
5. Do you have any favorite fanart images of Johto Pokemon you like? Share them with us!
6. Which Johto Pokemon mega evolution is your favorite and why?
7. Who do you prefer, Phanpy or Teddiursa?
8. Have you played generation two remakes--HeartGold and SoulSilver?

__________________

| pair family twin mal llsif |

Relevant Advertising!

  #2    
Old September 28th, 2013 (12:33 PM). Edited September 28th, 2013 by Paige Berlitz.
Paige Berlitz's Avatar
Paige Berlitz Paige Berlitz is offline
HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY
     
    Join Date: Aug 2013
    Location: Vaniville City, Kalos
    Age: 20
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Naughty
    Posts: 285
    Name:Daughter oof Dawn(Preferred to be called Serena)
    Two Johto Partner Pokemon (optional): and I guess I will have Umbreon
    Answer a topic!: The first Johto game I played was Pokemon HeartGold because That was when I had a DS lol.
    __________________
      #3    
    Old September 28th, 2013 (12:34 PM).
    Choice Specs's Avatar
    Choice Specs Choice Specs is online now
    A new moon is rising
    • Super Moderator
    • Battle Server Staff
    • Platinum Tier
     
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Location: Weather Institute in Hoenn
    Age: 23
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Modest
    Posts: 20,189
    Absolutely no way that I won't be joining this club!`

    Name: Michonne
    Partner Pokemon:

    Answer a topic:

    What is your favorite Johto Pokemon and why?


    This is a really hard one for me because there are so many Johto Pokemon that I just love. I can't really think of one that I don't like, haha. However once looking at all of them I must say that Yanma is my favorite. I mean what is cooler than a dragonfly Pokemon? The answer is nothing! This little guy is absolutely adorable and not too bad of a battler either. Yanma has a great movepool, really good Speed and Special Attack stats, and an awesome ability in Speed Boost to back that up. Overall this is nearly a flawless Pokemon that will always be one of my favorites.
      #4    
    Old September 28th, 2013 (12:42 PM).
    Kanzler's Avatar
    Kanzler Kanzler is offline
    naughty biscotti
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Toronto
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 5,922
    Gen II was by far my favourite.

    Name: BlahISuck
    Partner Pokemon:

    I think I started playing Gold first? then Crystal then Silver. It was many years ago, so it's really quite a blur. I think I was about seven or eight, and it was truly the most magical era of my life, so the Metallic generation is very close to my heart. I know that the music touched me immediately, but something else about the region made it seem more cohesive than Kanto. Perhaps it was the local myth and the characters of the cities - in contrast Kanto just seemed like metropolis after metropolis, full of industry and technology, while Johto cities and towns had flavour, were rustic and relatable.

    That National Park theme :') Probably has something to do with unabashed use of arpeggios.
      #5    
    Old September 28th, 2013 (1:04 PM).
    Tsutarja's Avatar
    Tsutarja Tsutarja is online now
    • Moderator
    • Platinum Tier
    • PokéCommunity Daily
     
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Location: Florida
    Age: 22
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Jolly
    Posts: 22,903
    Joining y'all!

    Name: ZachLMedia
    Partner Pokémon:

    What was the first Johto game you played?

    I first played Gold when I was 5 years old. I loved it from start because of the music and how the games had full color and morning/day/night as a good feature. My favorite area to visit was Goldenrod City because of the music and all the stuff you could do there as well, especially the game corner.
    __________________
    Happy Holidays
      #6    
    Old September 28th, 2013 (1:08 PM).
    Sheep's Avatar
    Sheep Sheep is offline
    • Administrator
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Oct 2006
    Age: 26
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Timid
    Posts: 22,506
    Welcome, guys! I'm in the process of adding everybody now.

    @Dawn I'd prefer it if you could choose only Pokemon released in the second generation/Johto Pokemon, which means no Eevee (sadly). Mind updating your post? And I forgot to mention not to choose legendaries; there'll be special ways to get them later. Evolved forms are free reign.

    @Chase I adore Yanma. Have way too many painful memories trying to find and catch one since as a kid I'd always either KO or just be unable to find one period. Part of me still considers it pretty elusive given how tough it was for me to get one. :o

    @BiS The myth bit is definitely something I agree with; Ho-Oh's story and Ecruteak are actually big reasons why I adore Johto as much as I do. The region had a lot of great history and is very beautifully-designed.

    @Zach Goooldenrod! Awesome area and probably one of my most-visited throughout G/S/C/HG/SS. And awesome choices for partners! (=
    __________________

    | pair family twin mal llsif |
      #7    
    Old September 28th, 2013 (1:20 PM).
    TwilightBlade's Avatar
    TwilightBlade TwilightBlade is offline
    All dreams are but another reality.
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: May 2007
    Location: Florida
    Age: 25
    Gender: Female
    Posts: 6,665
    Name: TwilightBlade
    Two Johto Partner Pokemon:

    What was the first Johto game you played?
    Gold! I played GS in the stores before it released. o3o For Christmas, I got Gold while my twin brother got Silver. My dad didn't put the name tags on the Pokemon games, so it was just luck that I got Gold (I also randomly got Blue this way).

    What is your favorite Johto Pokemon and why?
    Typhlosion! He's the coolest fire type Pokemon ever. I love how the fire is on his back and how his name is based on typhoon and explosion. Way past cool. I had a habit of nicknaming Pokemon using the first letter of their final stage, like Amber the Ampharos or Hershey the Houndoom. Soo my starter was Thomas the Typhlosion. That just happens to be my brother's name.
    __________________
      #8    
    Old September 28th, 2013 (2:44 PM).
    CloysterOyster's Avatar
    CloysterOyster CloysterOyster is offline
    Master of Ice
       
      Join Date: Feb 2013
      Location: United States
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Lax
      Posts: 849
      Finally, a club to appeal to my love of Johto.

      Username: CloysterOyster
      2 partners: Noctowl and Porygon2
      A current topic: I believe my first Johto game was Silver. I still have it and Crystal version too. Had the Gold version with a lv. 100 Houndoom, Ho-Oh and other great Pokemon but it was stolen. I will also answer the other 2 questions. My favorite Johto Pokemon would have to be Noctowl. He helped fly me around on the Crystal version and was always in my party. He knew Confusion, Hypnosis, Fly and either Dream Eater or Nightmare, I forget, but he was over lv. 80 and won me alot of battles. I first started loving Johto upon watching the anime episodes of it. Those were great times on weekends watching new episodes and playing the games.
        #9    
      Old September 29th, 2013 (6:40 PM).
      Water Gym Leader's Avatar
      Water Gym Leader Water Gym Leader is offline
      Arlyn Aquos
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2013
      Location: Pacifidlog Town
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 325
      Username: Water Gym Leader
      2 partners: Kingdra and Slowking
      A current topic: My first Johto game was Gold. The region and story made me love the games and I was ecstatic when HeartGold and SoulSilver were announced. My first Johto Pokemon was Totodile. My first capture was Wooper cause I liked him so.
      __________________

      3DS FC: 0903-4056-8403
      3DS XL FC: 0404-6887-6558
      ~~DIVING DEEP~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)
        #10    
      Old September 29th, 2013 (11:52 PM).
      I've Come to Bargain's Avatar
      I've Come to Bargain I've Come to Bargain is online now
      • Moderator
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2012
      Location: New York, USA
      Posts: 12,043
      Name: Perdition Haze.
      Partner Pokémon: Chikorita and Hoothoot.

      What was the first Johto game you played?
      I've had both Pokémon Gold and Silver, but if I remember correctly, I think Silver was my first. xD My parents gifted it to me as one of my birthday presents. I was very addicted to this game (not as much as Pokémon Blue, but I was still addicted nonetheless), and used to play it for hours whenever I had free time on my hands. On the weekdays, I used to turn this game on in my GameBoy color as soon as I got back home from school, and used to play it until five in the evening, which was usually my time to start doing homework. And on the weekends, I'd play it as soon I got up from bed until it was time for lunch. After lunch, I would play again until it was finally time for dinner, haha.

      What is your favorite Johto Pokemon and why?
      It would have to be Chikorita. I love how cheerful this Pokémon could be, and the way that it spins around its leaf on its head is actually quite cute! Also, when it finally evolves into Meganium, it gets a gigantic boost in its defensive stats, allowing it to be a very powerful tank. Meganium has access to some of the greatest supporting moves, such as Aromatherapy and Leech Seed. Aromatherapy enables it to restore the status effects of all of its fellow team members, and with Leech Seed, you're able to steal a bit of health from the opponent on every turn.

      When did you first start loving Johto?
      When I was first introduced to Pokémon Gold and Silver, of course! :) Many of my friends became a fan of the Johto region thanks to Johto Journeys though, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to watch many episodes from this particular anime season.
      __________________
        #11    
      Old September 30th, 2013 (10:33 AM).
      Yumetaro's Avatar
      Yumetaro Yumetaro is offline
      MAI RIBBONS
         
        Join Date: Aug 2013
        Location: Somewhere.
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 46
        Name: Yumetaro
        Two Johto Partner Pokemon (optional; no legends please): Misdreavus and Murkrow
        Answer a topic!: I first played Gold on an emulator, somewhere in 2011, I think. But I didn't complete the game past the 3rd Gym Leader. (Darn you Whitney and your glorified cow!) I decided to get SoulSilver two years later. I wasn't disappointed at what I was presented with. I got my team all the way to the Indigo Plateau and attempting to defeat the Elite Four.
        __________________
        Yumetaro, honorary cool guy.
        My Tumblr: Here
        My Twitter: Here
          #12    
        Old September 30th, 2013 (2:22 PM).
        Sheep's Avatar
        Sheep Sheep is offline
        • Administrator
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Oct 2006
        Age: 26
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Timid
        Posts: 22,506
        Welcome to the club, all! You've all been added! <33

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
        Name: TwilightBlade
        Two Johto Partner Pokemon:

        What was the first Johto game you played?
        Gold! I played GS in the stores before it released. o3o For Christmas, I got Gold while my twin brother got Silver. My dad didn't put the name tags on the Pokemon games, so it was just luck that I got Gold (I also randomly got Blue this way).

        What is your favorite Johto Pokemon and why?
        Typhlosion! He's the coolest fire type Pokemon ever. I love how the fire is on his back and how his name is based on typhoon and explosion. Way past cool. I had a habit of nicknaming Pokemon using the first letter of their final stage, like Amber the Ampharos or Hershey the Houndoom. Soo my starter was Thomas the Typhlosion. That just happens to be my brother's name.
        Typhlosion is definitely the coolest fire type we have, and one of the 'mon I'm most attached to from the generation. He was my most-used starter and even though I didn't use him much in HeartGold/SoulSilver he will always hold a special place in my heart. <3

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by CloysterOyster View Post
        Finally, a club to appeal to my love of Johto.

        Username: CloysterOyster
        2 partners: Noctowl and Porygon2
        A current topic: I believe my first Johto game was Silver. I still have it and Crystal version too. Had the Gold version with a lv. 100 Houndoom, Ho-Oh and other great Pokemon but it was stolen. I will also answer the other 2 questions. My favorite Johto Pokemon would have to be Noctowl. He helped fly me around on the Crystal version and was always in my party. He knew Confusion, Hypnosis, Fly and either Dream Eater or Nightmare, I forget, but he was over lv. 80 and won me alot of battles. I first started loving Johto upon watching the anime episodes of it. Those were great times on weekends watching new episodes and playing the games.
        Ooh, it's always great hearing stories of underused Pokemon being so useful. Almost makes me want to use Noctowl in my next second generation game playthrough. :o

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Water Gym Leader View Post
        Username: Water Gym Leader
        2 partners: Kingdra and Slowking
        A current topic: My first Johto game was Gold. The region and story made me love the games and I was ecstatic when HeartGold and SoulSilver were announced. My first Johto Pokemon was Totodile. My first capture was Wooper cause I liked him so.
        Gold was my first as well, I believe, and Wooper made an absolutely awesome team member. Not the strongest but definitely a great tank and attacker nonetheless.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Perdition Haze View Post
        Name: Perdition Haze.
        Partner Pokémon: Chikorita and Hoothoot.

        What was the first Johto game you played?
        I've had both Pokémon Gold and Silver, but if I remember correctly, I think Silver was my first. xD My parents gifted it to me as one of my birthday presents. I was very addicted to this game (not as much as Pokémon Blue, but I was still addicted nonetheless), and used to play it for hours whenever I had free time on my hands. On the weekdays, I used to turn this game on in my GameBoy color as soon as I got back home from school, and used to play it until five in the evening, which was usually my time to start doing homework. And on the weekends, I'd play it as soon I got up from bed until it was time for lunch. After lunch, I would play again until it was finally time for dinner, haha.

        What is your favorite Johto Pokemon and why?
        It would have to be Chikorita. I love how cheerful this Pokémon could be, and the way that it spins around its leaf on its head is actually quite cute! Also, when it finally evolves into Meganium, it gets a gigantic boost in its defensive stats, allowing it to be a very powerful tank. Meganium has access to some of the greatest supporting moves, such as Aromatherapy and Leech Seed. Aromatherapy enables it to restore the status effects of all of its fellow team members, and with Leech Seed, you're able to steal a bit of health from the opponent on every turn.

        When did you first start loving Johto?
        When I was first introduced to Pokémon Gold and Silver, of course! :) Many of my friends became a fan of the Johto region thanks to Johto Journeys though, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to watch many episodes from this particular anime season.
        That's great! Sounds like you were really obsessed with playing. My situation was similar as well, though getting stuck in the Ice Cave wasn't the most pleasant of memories. D:

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Yumetaro View Post
        Name: Yumetaro
        Two Johto Partner Pokemon (optional; no legends please): Misdreavus and Murkrow
        Answer a topic!: I first played Gold on an emulator, somewhere in 2011, I think. But I didn't complete the game past the 3rd Gym Leader. (Darn you Whitney and your glorified cow!) I decided to get SoulSilver two years later. I wasn't disappointed at what I was presented with. I got my team all the way to the Indigo Plateau and attempting to defeat the Elite Four.
        Everyone suffers through Whitney at one point so consider it a tradition, hehe. So you haven't ever beaten G/S/C or SoulSilver? :o I do recommend it when you have time!
        __________________

        | pair family twin mal llsif |
          #13    
        Old October 2nd, 2013 (11:15 AM).
        Yumetaro's Avatar
        Yumetaro Yumetaro is offline
        MAI RIBBONS
           
          Join Date: Aug 2013
          Location: Somewhere.
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Calm
          Posts: 46
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
          Everyone suffers through Whitney at one point so consider it a tradition, hehe. So you haven't ever beaten G/S/C or SoulSilver? :o I do recommend it when you have time!
          I am at the Elite Four in Soul Silver, and I am just now beating Morty.
          __________________
          Yumetaro, honorary cool guy.
          My Tumblr: Here
          My Twitter: Here
            #14    
          Old October 3rd, 2013 (2:59 PM).
          Sheep's Avatar
          Sheep Sheep is offline
          • Administrator
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Oct 2006
          Age: 26
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Timid
          Posts: 22,506
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Yumetaro View Post
          I am at the Elite Four in Soul Silver, and I am just now beating Morty.
          Neat! I still need to catch up with the second replay in my HeartGold game. Am never going to finish that unvolved challenge. ;_;

          Anyways, time for a topic!

          If you could own one Johto Pokemon and one only, which one would you pick and why?
          __________________

          | pair family twin mal llsif |
            #15    
          Old October 4th, 2013 (8:22 PM).
          Kanzler's Avatar
          Kanzler Kanzler is offline
          naughty biscotti
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Jul 2008
          Location: Toronto
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 5,922
          Houndoom! It's one of my most favourite Pokemon. Nah, it is my favourite Pokemon. I always liked its dark nature and how it's a demon dog from hell.
            #16    
          Old October 5th, 2013 (1:05 PM).
          Affliction's Avatar
          Affliction Affliction is offline
          Booted out - don't be like me!
             
            Join Date: Jul 2012
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 524
            Name: Umbr30n
            Two Johto Partner Pokemon (optional; no legends please):


            What was the first Johto game you played?

            Pokémon Silver was my first one, I believe. I had a rather fond liking for Skarmory (I heard of it from someone) when I first had it, so it was lucky I had the right game.

            What is your favorite Johto Pokémon and why?

            You're kidding right? My favourite would have to be Umbreon because it's just awesome, and it's a good wall in battle that could gradually take down Pokémon with Toxic while healing itself over and over with Moonlight. And maybe throw in a few Curses and Paybacks along the way. But, without a Soothe Bell, it's stupendously hard to get, even with haircuts.
              #17    
            Old October 6th, 2013 (5:29 AM).
            Water Gym Leader's Avatar
            Water Gym Leader Water Gym Leader is offline
            Arlyn Aquos
            • Gold Tier
             
            Join Date: Jul 2013
            Location: Pacifidlog Town
            Age: 23
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 325
            Had to pick 1 Johto Pokemon...Hmmmm...I'd have to go with Kingdra. It's a very versatile Pokemon to have on a team.
            __________________

            3DS FC: 0903-4056-8403
            3DS XL FC: 0404-6887-6558
            ~~DIVING DEEP~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)
              #18    
            Old October 6th, 2013 (12:06 PM).
            Sheep's Avatar
            Sheep Sheep is offline
            • Administrator
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Oct 2006
            Age: 26
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Timid
            Posts: 22,506
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by BlahISuck View Post
            Houndoom! It's one of my most favourite Pokemon. Nah, it is my favourite Pokemon. I always liked its dark nature and how it's a demon dog from hell.
            Houndoom is definitely one of the coolest Pokemon overall, and was definitely a great way to introduce dark types to us. Awesome choice!

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Umbr30n View Post
            Name: Umbr30n
            Two Johto Partner Pokemon (optional; no legends please):


            What was the first Johto game you played?

            Pokémon Silver was my first one, I believe. I had a rather fond liking for Skarmory (I heard of it from someone) when I first had it, so it was lucky I had the right game.

            What is your favorite Johto Pokémon and why?

            You're kidding right? My favourite would have to be Umbreon because it's just awesome, and it's a good wall in battle that could gradually take down Pokémon with Toxic while healing itself over and over with Moonlight. And maybe throw in a few Curses and Paybacks along the way. But, without a Soothe Bell, it's stupendously hard to get, even with haircuts.
            Welcome to the club! Baha, I totally know how hard it is to pick a single favorite Johto Pokemon. 8D; I never did use walls much back during the G/S/C days but once I got a bit older and started replaying, Toxic was my choice for Umbreon too. He tanked just about everything while the poison whittled down the opponent's HP.. very useful.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Water Gym Leader View Post
            Had to pick 1 Johto Pokemon...Hmmmm...I'd have to go with Kingdra. It's a very versatile Pokemon to have on a team.
            Kingdra is a pretty great Pokemon, especially given that it loses its ice weakness being part water. Clair's always gave me so much trouble. :(

            Anyways, I'm going to drop off an obligatory topic on second generation Pokemon fanart! Do you have favorite images of any Johto Pokemon you like? I was just on Tumblr and one of the people I follow posted an amazing fanart of Typhlosion which I wanted to share with you guys.

            Spoiler:


            By the way, guys, you're free to start topics anytime! I'd love to see what you all have to add to the club discussions.
            __________________

            | pair family twin mal llsif |
              #19    
            Old October 6th, 2013 (4:00 PM).
            xseed's Avatar
            xseed xseed is offline
            Reality? Or a dream?
               
              Join Date: Aug 2013
              Location: Miississippi
              Age: 23
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 446
              Name: Xseed
              Two Johto Partner Pokemon (optional; no legends please):ampharos and espeon

              What was the first Johto game you played?
              crystal was teh first I played....though I never really played it that much to it not saving. so techinically my first would be soulsilver. Oh god I love that game. best main pokemon game EVER

              What is your favorite Johto Pokémon and why?
              espeon. I simply LOVE cats. espeon also has great stats too and with those stats it can take down any nasty threat with its psychic attack.
              another favorite of mine is ampharos. I have loved it since the ggbeggining of time. its design is amazing(plus I have a secret love of the color yelllow lol oops spoiled the secret). has great sp.atack and an execellent move pool. their is no electric mon that I like more than ampharos(sorry pika)


              when did you first started loving johto?
              techinically soulsilver even though I started with crystal. I explained why above lol. and to this day their is NO region I like more than the johto region. none. nada zippity zoop
              __________________
              Looking toward a brighter future
                #20    
              Old October 7th, 2013 (3:24 AM). Edited February 22nd, 2014 by Olli.
              Olli's Avatar
              Olli Olli is offline
              I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Aug 2010
              Location: Skyloft
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quiet
              Posts: 2,613
              The second generation is my all-time favourite, and has been so for over 10 years now, so it's about time I'm joining this club :p

              Name: Olli97
              Two Johto Partner Pokemon: Hard decision. I never really got any specific favourites of the region, as my teams always varied, so I never really used any enough to ever actually deem them my favourites. Well, apart from Lugia, but since I can't choose legendaries, that isn't really a possibility. I guess I used Cyndaquil a lot as well, but I don't really know. Spinarak and Ursaring will always have a place in my heart though, so I'll stick with those :)
              &

              What was the first Johto game you played?

              First and only Johto game I've ever played (unless you count all the times in which I stole my brother's Gold version for some reason or another) is Silver. My mom bought both Gold and Silver for me and my brother back in like '02, as we were both huge Pokemon fans back then, but the only game we had was a single Blue version, and my mom was getting tired of us constantly fighting over who got to play it, so she finally decided to buy us each a next generation game. And I loved it. I don't know how many times I've played through the games or how many hours I've spent on it, but it still filled much of my time waaay after the release of R/S/E, as I actually still enjoyed it more than those games. I eventually let friend borrow it though, and he ended up losing the game, so I unfortunately don't have it anymore :( That lead to me stealing my brother's Gold version again (which didn't even matter at that point, since he didn't play it anymore), but unfortunately the battery had died. Kinda sad for him as well though, as he had caught a great deal of all the Pokemon in the Pokedex and trained like half up to level 100.

              But yeah, I've been contemplating getting myself another Silver version, although it may be a better idea to get HG/SS :p

              What is your favorite Johto Pokemon and why?

              Lugia. Has been so like ever since I caught it for the first time. I'd spent countless hours searching for it, after I'd witnessed it wrecking my brother's team, which consisted of the three legendary birds in level 100 as well, and knew I wanted it, but the guy wouldn't tell me where I could find it, and as I had no idea that the internet was a giant source of information back then, so I went out into the region of Johto in search of Lugia, and I eventually found it, hidden deep within the Whirl Islands. Catching it wasn't very hard from what I remember, but I was definitely surprised at how strong it turned out to be, and from that point on, it became a staple of my team. It became one of my main Pokemon, it hardly ever left my team, and I carried it over to every new save I made, and I kept the same one with me all the way to the end (the end being when my friend lost it. He probably restarted the game as well, meaning Lugia was gone before he lost the game). I think the reason it's my favourite, is entirely because of the way I found it, and how much I wanted it, even though I've probably actually used my Typhlosion more. But yeah, it's definitely my favourite second generation Pokemon ;)

              When did you first start loving Johto?

              Pretty much as soon as I took my first step into the region. Well, I only really had a positive outlook at it right from the get-go, as I knew I was no longer gonna have fights with my brother over whether I could play the game or do certain things, and I didn't think it was possible that a Pokemon game could suck. So I kinda loved it right away, without much reason behind it :p But yeah, the game turned out to be great anyways, I loved all the Pokemon, and for some reason I kinda see them, along with the first generation Pokemon, as the real and original Pokemon, but I think that's mainly because they were the ones that filled up the most of my childhood, and it just kinda felt off once we moved into the advanced era, where the graphics went up quite a bit, and it just felt less... Pokemon-y :p I still love all the other generations of Pokemon as well though :p

              But yeah, I also really, really loved the Johto as a region. It's still one of my favourite layouts to date, and I especially like how the order you take the gyms in between the 5th and 7th is completely up to you, even though it may not have been intentional :p There's quite a lot of travelling around if you don't get Fly though (which is very likely in G/S/C, as you aren't just given it once you finish the gym, but rather have to find out yourself. But that just gives more opportunities to check out the region, I guess ;) Although Pokemon games aren't quite as immersive, so I guess most people would find that more boring than interesting :p

              All in all, I love Johto, and even though some of it may just be bias, I won't change my mind about that :p
              __________________
              Not removing this from my signature!

                #21    
              Old October 7th, 2013 (3:54 AM).
              AluminiumOxide's Avatar
              AluminiumOxide AluminiumOxide is offline
              Aka Ansirent
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2013
                Location: India
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Gentle
                Posts: 874
                Name : Rhytham

                Two Jhoto Pokemon Partners : Totodile, Hotwoot

                Spoiler:
                Topic : What is my first jhoto game : My first Jhoto game was Pokemon gold. When i first started playing gold i didn't understand anything what to do what not to do. Cause i never played a game like gold cause i always play GBA Pokemon games so doesn't has experience for playing Pokemon gold of GBC. But slowly slowly i like that game its not good in graphics but the story was superb that's why i like gold very much and it was my first and maybe the last game of GBC. I have green,Red,Blue,Crystal but i didn't played it cause i didn't get time for it in college but when i grown up i played Pokemon again but this time i played GBA games and now i have started playing NDS games and i think i will download Eiether Soul Silver or Hearth Gold.
                __________________

                My Club |Paired With IndianCharizard |
                "I CAN'T LET YOU TOUCH MY FAMILY!!!!!"

                  #22    
                Old October 7th, 2013 (4:23 PM).
                Choice Specs's Avatar
                Choice Specs Choice Specs is online now
                A new moon is rising
                • Super Moderator
                • Battle Server Staff
                • Platinum Tier
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2012
                Location: Weather Institute in Hoenn
                Age: 23
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Modest
                Posts: 20,189
                If you could own one Johto Pokemon and one only, which one would you pick and why?

                This is a really tough one because of how many amazing ones that there are to choose from. However, if I had to pick one it would probably be Heracross. While Yamna and Crobat are my 2 favorite from the region, I really love Heracross as well. I think it would be a really amazing Pokemon to have if I could only choose one because not only does it look completely badass but it is also insanely powerful. It would be an amazing companion and even a great protector.
                  #23    
                Old October 9th, 2013 (6:20 AM).
                AluminiumOxide's Avatar
                AluminiumOxide AluminiumOxide is offline
                Aka Ansirent
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2013
                  Location: India
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Gentle
                  Posts: 874
                  What you think guys what is good Totodile or Chikorita ? I don't know well i like them both but i think totodile is too cute and cool i like Totodile much then Chikorita but i also like Chikorita, Chikorita is too sweet and when it grows up it look like kinda a Dinosaur but its great at all. And Totodile when it evolve it really look like a Alligator huh huh Alligator it kind remind me Freligator Huh haa haa
                  __________________

                  My Club |Paired With IndianCharizard |
                  "I CAN'T LET YOU TOUCH MY FAMILY!!!!!"

                    #24    
                  Old October 9th, 2013 (4:26 PM).
                  Sheep's Avatar
                  Sheep Sheep is offline
                  • Administrator
                  • Silver Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2006
                  Age: 26
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Timid
                  Posts: 22,506
                  Welcome to the club, guys! Members members members! :)

                  What you think guys what is good Totodile or Chikorita?

                  Totodile is so much more useful sadly, especially since a lot of gyms resisted grass types in the second gen. We had Falkner, Bugsy, Morty, Jasmine, Clair.. which is a huge chunk, being half of the gym leaders. I love her a lot, though, but Totodile was a lot more useful. He got Surf and Ice Punch which destroyed almost everything. :D

                  But design-wise, I definitely go for Chikorita. It's really adorable and pulled me in the moment I saw it.
                  __________________

                  | pair family twin mal llsif |
                    #25    
                  Old October 10th, 2013 (5:54 AM).
                  AluminiumOxide's Avatar
                  AluminiumOxide AluminiumOxide is offline
                  Aka Ansirent
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2013
                    Location: India
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Gentle
                    Posts: 874
                    Hey guys do you know the names of the E4 of gold,

                    I just wanna know ! And which one is your favorite ? and which one you find the most hard ? I find the number 4th (I forgot the name) And of whom Pokemon from E4 Pokemon was the best team to defeat trainers and league i mean is there any member of E4 that if we can steal or have exact all Pokemon so can we beat the league. what does you mind says ? tell me i want to know (And don't forget to tell me the names )
                    __________________

                    My Club |Paired With IndianCharizard |
                    "I CAN'T LET YOU TOUCH MY FAMILY!!!!!"

                     

                    Quick Reply

                    Join the conversation!

                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                    Create a PokéCommunity Account

                    Sponsored Links
                    Thread Tools

                    Posting Rules
                    You may not post new threads
                    You may not post replies
                    You may not post attachments
                    You may not edit your posts

                    BB code is On
                    Smilies are On
                    [IMG] code is On
                    HTML code is Off

                    Forum Jump


                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:30 PM.