• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Light Rising (Beta 1.1 (Fixed Version) Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel
Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    Pokemon Light Rising
    Fire Red Hack

Introduction:
    I'm SuperChespin and I have been hacking this game for months. I think it time to make a thread for this game called Pokemon Light Rising and I also think that I should add better feature to this game. I use Pokemon Fire Red to Hack is because it is very easier and include new maps.

Story:
    Brendan/May has moved from Hoenn to a New Region named Light Region and lived in Light Town when he/she turned 18 years old. They Decide to leave all of their Pokemon from Hoenn that they caught is because he/she thinks about new life other than Pokemon. One Day, he/she has a dream and it's about Mewtwo. Mewtwo was a POWERFUL Pokemon that is a Clone of Mew that created by Team Rocket. Anyways in the Dream, he/she saw Mewtwo also Victini arrived and have an epic battle and them he/she gets middle of the battle and it turns into a NIGHTMARE.

Features:
    Pokemon from Every Generation (1st-6th)
    Pokémon's movesets are now updated
    Including New Move. (Grass Knot, Stone Edge, Earth Power, Discharge, Flare Blitz, and more)
    New Gym Leaders
    New Rivals
    New Maps

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Maps:
    Spoiler:

Video:
    Spoiler:

Tools Used:
    Spoiler:

Support:

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

CosmicBlazer

Batman
    Years
  • Looks promising, but why didn't you use the Firered Brandon Sprite? IMO, it's better looking. Anyway, good luck with your hack.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • So, yeah. Well, firstly, the titlescreen is a no go, I suggest you insert a 256/240 titlescreen. Tut can be found here. And yes, I don't like the palette change.
    Oh no, a bug.
    VisualBoyAdvance2014-05-1017-35-59-79_zps5e49319b.jpg

Oh well, hope to see some changes soon. Keep up the good work! ^^

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    Nice Game!I like the idea with the mega evos!
    Are you going to change the tiles?

First post again ^^

Maybe yes, I will may change the tiles in fact I thought about it and it should be change to make the game better.
    P.S: Thanks buddy :)

Umm... There's a glitch in one screenshot...
    And Light Rising? Seems Legit.
    I like Gen VI Pokémon so waiting for a release. Good Luck.

Thanks buddy and I will indeed fix the this glitch :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Omonox

Pokemon TurquoiseBlue and NavyBlue
    Years
  • The differently colored grass makes the maps look more tropical. Does the region take place in a tropical area?
    Also, you mentioned you are adding Earth Power. Does that mean your also adding a Physical/Special split? Story is cool but the region name has got to go. I wouldn't name the region after the game.
    VisualBoyAdvance2014-05-1017-23-10-25_zps6f20d474.jpg

This is something you should fix. You don't have any tiles coming out of that gate and the border tiles do not match up with the trees. I'm guessing this is a gym because the gym guy is there and it looks too narrow to be outside. I actually made a gym in my hack which is forest themed like this so its not a bad idea.
    I think the titlescreen is cool. I can't say I can make any better, so I should check out that tutorial too.
    Shinx looks cool but Litleo....not so much. It's very cool though that you are adding all those new pokemon and moves which most of them probably look nice.
    VisualBoyAdvance2014-05-1017-35-46-93_zpscdc33056.jpg

The hair on the girl looks kind of odd. Maybe you should try making it all one color.

I definatly will play this when it comes out but by the way, all the pokemon's levels were low so I'm guessing the first release won't include much gameplay. Maybe you could put a list of whats in the first beta.

EDIT: Also just noticed Light Town and Light Motel. You really need better names. Good maps but they need some more creative names

Good Luck!

Last edited:

CosmicBlazer

Batman
    Years
  • The trees.. the trees...
    VisualBoyAdvance2014-05-1121-42-31-56_zps78113c67.jpg

They seem very, very odd. Is that the real tree palette?

Nope, that tree if I'm right looks like one from Wesley FG. I think he tried to recolor it with the 16 colors he has. I think you should get a experience person with tile inserting so you can learn from him as well and make your hack look nicer.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Looking at the story, there's no relation. Honestly, if it's named Light Rising only because it's easier than Dark Rising, despite not at all being related, I can't really see it as anything other than mean spirited. If it were only named that because it was an excuse for easy in-game names, that would be acceptable, but I don't really think taking a jab at someone's hack series this way is very kosher.

...As for the hack itself, It's kind of bare bones. While it could work, all it is is "Protag from gen 3 leaves pokemon in Hoenn and then they have a dream"...and that's it. Consider lengthening the story to the point where the reader at least understand what the hack is about, because as it stands it only tells us about a thing that happened.

The maps...are a mixed bag. From what I can see, are pretty empty. I can't say that they're bad, per se...but they are mostly the same one grass tile and the same trees with very sparse vegetation about. There's not much color to them, but the design isn't that bad. Consider livening them up with different tiles and maybe some manmade objects. Also, it's very open. Consider either filling it with more variety or opting for smaller designs.

Last edited:

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    Looking at the story, there's no relation. Honestly, if it's named Light Rising only because it's easier than Dark Rising, despite not at all being related, I can't really see it as anything other than mean spirited. If it were only named that because it was an excuse for easy in-game names, that would be acceptable, but I don't really think taking a jab at someone's hack series this way is very kosher.

...As for the hack itself, It's kind of bare bones. While it could work, all it is is "Protag from gen 3 leaves pokemon in Hoenn and then they have a dream"...and that's it. Consider lengthening the story to the point where the reader at least understand what the hack is about, because as it stands it only tells us about a thing that happened.

The maps...are a mixed bag. From what I can see, are pretty empty. I can't say that they're bad, per se...but they are mostly the same one grass tile and the same trees with very sparse vegetation about. There's not much color to them, but the design isn't that bad. Consider livening them up with different tiles and maybe some manmade objects. Also, it's very open. Consider either filling it with more variety or opting for smaller designs.

Look buddy, I can do the best thing that I could do but I know that tiles that you don't expected but I given credits anyways by the way would you play this game. :mudkip;):

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    I know this game is going to be awesome keep it up!!!

Thanks Buddy I know this game is going to be awesome. Anyways guy have you seen the update because I have add another video. :mudkip^_^:

I have updated this thread. I have added some map image for the game please check it out. I hope you like it and make sure you reply. {XD}

I thought about when we going to release the first Beta and it's going on May 29th or maybe early. I hope you going to play this beta on that day and give me feedback. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Omonox

Pokemon TurquoiseBlue and NavyBlue
    Years
  • Ma 29th is only a few days away. I was also going to release my hack just yesterday, but I decided no to because of the beta testers feedback. I would suggest that you have people beta test first. That's why I'm asking if I could beta test an help out. I'd be glad to help.

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    Ma 29th is only a few days away. I was also going to release my hack just yesterday, but I decided no to because of the beta testers feedback. I would suggest that you have people beta test first. That's why I'm asking if I could beta test an help out. I'd be glad to help.

That would be great thank you. I'll sent you the game when the beta finish. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back