Age 24
Female
Newbark Town
Seen June 26th, 2014
Posted June 25th, 2014
28 posts
6.1 Years

Tile Helper Advance

Have you ever noticed how annoying tile-inserting actually is? Well, today this might come to an end. I have created a tool which automatically reduces the tileset to 16 colors and to GBA colors. After the conversion, you can edit the palette (or not) and export it as either IrfanView-Palette or AdvanceMap 1.92/1.95-Palette. The AdvanceMap palette can be instantly imported in the AdvanceMap blocks-editor! Also works for Pokémon Sprites etc etc too of course :)

Features

-16-Color-Reduction
-Export AM palettes
-Edit palette in tool
-Tilesplit (double, X/Y)

Download

You need the .NET Framework 4.0 to make this tool work! For XP users I can compile the program in .NET Framework 3.0, just write me a PM if you need it!

Logan

Age 25
Male
Salisbury, England
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted March 13th, 2020
10,412 posts
11.7 Years
Yeah that is a pretty cool feature, makes me really want to use this for added convenience. I can see it really coming in handy with Centres/Marts/Gyms where tile splitting is particularly prevelant.

Elaitenstile

I am legend

Seen February 26th, 2015
Posted February 8th, 2015
1,908 posts
7.5 Years
One question:

Which heavenly being sent you down to earth and told you to make this tool?

Can really see much potential in this, especially since this doesn't handle the ROM itself, just what goes into it, so there won't be any margin for bugs. Also, I see much potential in this as a tileset-ripper lol

Just a question: Is there any limitation for the size of the image being tile-split? Like, can I do over 320x320 tile-splitting?
~

Christos

Male
Seen April 16th, 2020
Posted December 16th, 2019
6,370 posts
14.5 Years
This is great, good work! The removal of double and flippable tiles is really handy, though it'd be nice if there was an option to disable the removal of the X/Y flippable tiles, since in some cases it makes it harder to actually make the blocks. In your example image for example, it'd take me a while to figure out which tiles should be flipped so I can get the blocks I want.

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.

int

Banned

Age 24
Female
Newbark Town
Seen June 26th, 2014
Posted June 25th, 2014
28 posts
6.1 Years
Kay I will add checkboxes so that you can choose whether tiles should be flipped ~ Done.

Update

Yes, again... ^^
This time I improved the speed by ~400 times (!) and you can choose whether you want normal tilesplit and/or X/Y flip. Look this .gif to see the new functions =>

Spoiler:

Download link (Version 0.2|25.06.14)

Planned stuff for v0.4: User wishes ^^

sharzin

the biggest iranian pokemon fan

Male
iran
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted March 8th, 2020
142 posts
4.8 Years
thanks bro
check out my fangame:

pokemon re-imagined
and click here if you are interested in helping me for it.
my youtube= https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzu7etRQgtNkCiZNLc3CLjA?view_as=subscriber
my twitter: https://twitter.com/SharzinL

playboyhacker

I'm Raz the Pokemon DDS Hacker

Male
Cebu - Philippines
Seen March 23rd, 2017
Posted March 23rd, 2017
7 posts
3.4 Years

Tile Helper Advance

Have you ever noticed how annoying tile-inserting actually is? Well, today this might come to an end. I have created a tool which automatically reduces the tileset to 16 colors and to GBA colors. After the conversion, you can edit the palette (or not) and export it as either IrfanView-Palette or AdvanceMap 1.92/1.95-Palette. The AdvanceMap palette can be instantly imported in the AdvanceMap blocks-editor! Also works for Pokmon Sprites etc etc too of course :)

Features

-16-Color-Reduction
-Export AM palettes
-Edit palette in tool
-Tilesplit (double, X/Y)

Download

You need the .NET Framework 4.0 to make this tool work! For XP users I can compile the program in .NET Framework 3.0, just write me a PM if you need it!

YAY! I've been doing it manual for days until I found this post! Whoah! Thank you very much for sharing!
He who knows others is WISE but He who knows HIMSELF is ENLIGHTENED!