Started by The Prism League August 18th, 2014 12:16 PM
  • 1280 replies

The Prism League

Prismatic Beams Aligning

Seen June 27th, 2015
Posted June 27th, 2015
45 posts
6 Years

Welcome to the Prism League! The unique thing about this league is that it is divided into a Pokemon Showdown division and a 3DS division! There are 6 Gym Leaders, 4 Elite Members, and 1 Champion in each division. Not only that, but the league members (except the Champions) utilize two types instead of one! Do you think that you have what it takes to conquer the league and become the Champion? But before you challenge us, there are some rules you need to follow:

League Rules

-Challengers must only use one set of species when taking on the league; no switching species before each battle, and your species set will be tracked in the thread; otherwise people will just use teams that have an advantage against the league member they're about to face.

-However, you are allowed to change your team's movesets, EVs, natures, and items at any time during the challenge.

-You do not have to defeat all of the Gym Leaders and all of the Elite members of both divisions in order to battle a Champion; just the Leaders and Elites of one division will suffice. You are welcome to challenge both divisions if you like, and can challenge the Leaders within a division in any order.

-All battles are 6v6, and the battle type (Singles, Doubles, etc) is determined by the league member you are facing.

-This league will be using most of Smogon's ORAS OU rules, which can be found here.

-All Pokemon on this list are banned from both divisions. Any challengers who use these Pokemon will be disqualified.

-All battles in the Showdown division will take place on PC's battle server.

-Dark Void is banned in all Double battles.

-Both league members and challengers must save all battle videos/Showdown replays and post them here so we can confirm a challenger's victory.

-If you lose, you must wait 24 hours to challenge that Leader/Elite/Champion again. This is so we aren't flooded with rematches.

-In the event of a disconnect, attempt to battle again, unless it is clear who the winner was. Save the battle replay (if on Showdown) in case there is some sort of dispute. If playing on the 3DS division, take a picture of your PSS screen immediately after the battle ends as proof of who was the one to disconnect.

-This thread is strictly for signing up and recording your challenge progress. Discussions and questions about the league itself go in this thread. PM, VM, or use other communication methods to set up matches with league members.

-Follow all the rules of the PokeCommunity.

Regarding ORAS Mega Stones
Game Freak announced back in October that they will not be providing a patch for X&Y for the new Mega Evolutions and forms introduced in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire:
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/No_new_Mega_Evolution_patch_for_X_or_Y_players

Due to this compatibility issue between ORAS and X/Y and the fact that not everyone is going to have both X/Y and ORAS, we are allowing people challenging the 3DS division to have one substitute Pokemon IF they are using Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire for their challenge and using one of the new Mega Evolutions and/or Cosplay Pikachu. The substitute Pokemon can only be used in place of the new Mega Evolution that was on your team and only during battles with a Gym Leader or Elite 4 member that does not have ORAS.

People challenging the Showdown division are free to use any of the Mega Evolutions except for the ones currently on the ban list.

Regarding League Positions
Spoiler:

The following can be grounds for a member of the league being replaced by another player in line to take a position within the league:

1) Being absent or failing to accept challenges from trainers facing the league for more than 2 weeks for no reason.
2) Losing 10 consecutive battles against different trainers challenging the league.
3) Losing 5 or more consecutive battles without getting a knock out on any opposing Pokemon.

The following can be grounds for considering a challenger as a candidate for entering the league.

1) A successful challenge resulting in beating the Champion
2) Several different challenges with varying teams resulting in reaching the champion
3) Regular participation in the league, making challenges at least once a week
4) Successful substitutions for league members in cases of absence or league member challenges against the league.

All changes to the members must be discussed and agreed upon by several league members on both accounts of inducting new members or relieving standing ones.

Current League Members
3DS Division

Champion: ?

Elite: Polar Spectrum, Flying & Fighting Types, Doubles
Elite: skyburial, Ground & Dragon Types, Doubles
Elite: ScraggyTrainer, Fire & Fairy Types, Doubles
Elite: Krystia, Bug & Electric Types, Singles

Leader: Charcoal Embers, Normal & Ghost Types, Singles / Doubles
Leader: Oblivion Wing, Ghost & Dark Types, Singles
Leader: Cyclone, Dark & Fairy Types, Singles
Leader: TGM , Water & Ground Types, Doubles
Leader: rob_thijs Poison & Psychic Types, Doubles
Leader: Nah, Grass & Rock Types, Singles

Prism League 3DS Division substitute Leaders/Elites: Polar Spectrum, TGM, Nah, Krystia

Showdown Division

Champion: Dark Azelf

Elite: Exile, Steel & Flying Types, Singles
Elite: Euphoric, Dragon & Bug Types, Singles
Elite: Nah, Fire & Rock Types, Singles
Elite: halcyonic, Fairy & Steel Types, Singles

Leader: static, Fighting & Rock Types, Singles
Leader: eros, Bug & Water Types, Doubles
Leader: Archy, Dark & Dragon Types, Singles
Leader: Ingosmex, Normal & Ice Types, Singles
Leader: [Position Open]
Leader: Lucky#13, Grass & Poison Types, Doubles

Prism League Showdown Division Substitute Leaders/Elites: Euphoric, Lucky#13, Nah, eros

Note: It's generally best to VM and/or PM the league members your challenges rather than asking who's available for battle in this thread.

3DS Badges List
Spoiler:
badges still being made
Elite Symbols:

Contrast Symbol awarded for defeating Polar Spectrum
Terragon Symboll awarded for defeating skyburial
Aqueduct Symbol awarded for defeating TGM
Flashlight Symbol awarded for defeating Krystia

Gym Leader Badges:

Spoopy Badge awarded for defeating Charcoal Embers

Oblivion Badge awarded for defeating Oblivion Wing
Solitary Badge awarded for defeating Cyclone

Mystic Badge awarded for defeating ScraggyTrainer
Mind Badge awarded for defeating rob_thijs

Moss Badge awarded for defeating Nah

Showdown Badges List
Spoiler:
badges still being made
Elite Symbols:

Zenith Symbol awarded for defeating Exile
Eminence Symbol awarded for defeating Euphoric
Igneous Symbol awarded for defeating Nah
Espiron Symbol awarded for defeating halcyonic

Gym Leader Badges

Brawn Badge awarded for defeating static

Hydrosect Badge awarded for defeating eros

Enigma Badge awarded for defeating Archy
Permafrost Badge awarded for defeating Ingosmex
-
Infect Badge awarded for defeating Lucky#13

Note that challengers who make it into the Hall of Fame will also receive an emblem for their accomplishment.

Some badges made by Cakesu

Current Challengers
Spoiler:

Selemene - 3DS Division - Gardevoir, Garchomp, Scizor, Honchkrow, Keldeo, Jirachi

skyburial - 3DS Division - Charizard, Venusaur (sub Amoongus in Doubles), Gengar, Gastrodon, Tyranitar, Excadrill
Moss Badge,

Rabinov - Showdown Division - Landorus, Thundurus, Venusaur, Mew, Heatran, Azumarill

gio7sm - Showdown Division - Hydreigon, Metagross, Clefable, Landorus-Therian, Raikou, Keldeo

ScraggyTrainer - 3DS Division - Slowbro, Breloom, Scizor, Garchomp, Heatran, Mandibuzz
Mind Badge, Oblivion Badge, Moss Badge, Chill Badge, Solitary Badge,

Xairmo - 3DS Division - Landorus-T, Gothitelle, Rotom-W, Heatran, Togekiss, Scizor
Waxwing Badge, Moss Badge,

Nah - Showdown Division - Gyarados, Gengar, Diggersby tho, Sylveon, Talonflame, Latios
Enigma Badge, Brawn Badge, Hydrosect Badge, Infect Badge, Hemlock Fury Badge

Raydeon - 3DS Division - Gardevoir, Lucario, Zoroark, Metagross, Salamence and Gallade

Cayo - Showdown Division - Garchomp, Ferrothorn, Kyurem-Black, Rotom-Wash, Clefable, Metagross

eros - Showdown Division -Heatran, Suicune, Roserade, Hitmonchan, Sableye, Gardevoir
Enigma Badge, Hydrosect Badge, Infect Badge,
3DS Division - Whimsicott, Umbreon, Gallade (Gardevoir on X/Y), Heatran, Dugtrio, Crobat
Waxwing Badge

Gligar - 3DS Division - Raikou, Steelix, Torterra, Garchomp, Zoroark, Florges

static - Showdown Division - Breloom, Gardevoir, Heatran, Azumarril, Landorus-Therian, Latias
Hydrosect Badge, Infect Badge, Hemlock Fury Badge, Permafrost Badge, Enigma Badge, Brawn Badge
Espiron Symbol, Igneous Symbol, Eminence Symbol,

Ingosmex - Showdown Division - Suicune, Gothitelle, Ferrothorn, Gliscor, Talonflame, Latios
Infect Badge, Hydrosect Badge, Hemlock Fury Badge, Brawn Badge, Permafrost Badge, Enigma Badge
Eminence Symbol, Igneous Symbol,

Polar Spectrum - 3DS Division - Bisharp, Medicham, Slowbro, Zebstrika, Hydreigon, Sudowoodo

TGM - 3DS Division - Volcarona, Tyrantrum, Espeon, Milotic, Banette, and Torterra
Chill Badge, Waxwing Badge, Moss Badge, Solitary Badge, Oblivion Badge, Mystic Badge
Terragon Symbol, Aqueduct Symbol,

Krystia - Showdown Division - Gothorita, Azumarilll, Talonflame, Aron, Manectric, Cresselia
Infect Badge,
3DS Division - Klefki, Combusken, Charizard, Gardevoir, Metagross, Seismotoad
Mystic Badge, Chill Badge, Waxwing Badge, Solitary Badge, Engima Badge

Kitsuki - Showdown Division - Talonflame, Excadrill, Gardevoir, Greninja, Chansey, Rotom-W
Infect Badge, Hydrosect Badge, Enigma Badge

Sharkshocker - 3DS Division - Meowstic, Sigilyph, Medicham, Gardevoir, Slowbro, Malamar
Solitary Badge

JustJeff - Showdown Division - Landorus, Excadrill, Dragonite, Breloom, Azumarill, Medicham
Hydrosect Badge, Permafrost Badge, Enigma Badge, Brawn Badge, Hemlock Fury Badge

Magistrum - Showdown Division - Ferrothorn, Rotom-W, Landorus, Gyarados, Latias, Heatran
Infect Badge, Hydrosect Badge

Archy - Showdown Division - Excadrill, Scolipede, Kyurem-B, Gardevoir, Greninja, Magnezone
Enigma Badge, Infect Badge

Professor_Jared - 3DS Division - Tyranitar, Scizor, Clefable, Rotom, Weezing, Charizard
Chill Badge, Solitary Badge, Oblivion Badge

Doaks - 3DS Division - Emolga, Zoroark, Druddigon, Toxicroak, Gogoat, Banette
Chill Badge,

ChrisJavier - Showdown Division - Manectric, Gengar, Swampert, Machamp, Gothitelle, Garchomp
Infect Badge,

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:

rob_thijs - 3DS Division - Gallade, Crobat, Slowking, Raikou, Ferrothorn, Sylveon

Xairmo - 3DS Division - Scizor, Conkeldurr, Togekiss, Rotom-W, Heatran, Landorus-T

Polar Spectrum - 3DS Division - Samurott, Bisharp, Mandibuzz, Staraptor, Venusaur, Galvantula

Krystia - 3DS Dvision - Dragonite, Sableye, Tentacruel, Gastrodon, Braviary, Manectric

Dark Azelf - Showdown Division - Politoed, Kabutops, Celebi, Landorus-T, Coballion, Tornadus-T

skyburial - 3DS Division - Dragonite, Tyranitar, Heatran, Slowbro, Sylveon, Scolipede

Nah - 3DS Division - Vivillon, Kyurem, Excadrill, Keldeo-Resolute, Gardevoir, Darmanitan

Charcoal Embers - 3DS Division - Swampert, Togekiss, Sableye, Metagross, Umbreon, Charizard

Sign-Up Sheet
PokeCommunity username:
Division being challenged:
3DS FC/battle server alt(s):
Team to be used (just the species is fine):

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or a colorblind slice of loaf, contact Polar Spectrum and/or Nah, or post in the Prism League Discussion & Questions thread.

League founded by AdamEternal

And thank you to all the non-league members who contributed to the development of the Prism League

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.

Non-binary
[Birthplace banned for centralizing childhood]
Seen May 29th, 2017
Posted March 21st, 2017
1,663 posts
6.1 Years
I'm so hyped. I'll be challenging as well- (pretty sure that's allowed) I'll designate my team for the challenge and post my FC here as soon as I get home.
The Prism League is BACK BABY - we're operating in Sun / Moon now - come join up!

We're looking for Gym Leaders and Elite 4 members!

Paired with SkyBerries; the berries in the sky.

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!

Male
Canada
Seen October 2nd, 2016
Posted October 2nd, 2016
223 posts
6.1 Years
I'm so hyped. I'll be challenging as well- (pretty sure that's allowed) I'll designate my team for the challenge and post my FC here as soon as I get home.
Since it's a Beta, I'm not sure if we need someone to take your place for you when you get to battling your own gym.
Username
AdamEternal
ING
Adam
Safari
Seviper, Swalot, Drapion
Games
Pokemon Y, Pokemon White, Pokemon Diamond, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Super Smash Bros. 3DS
My Profile
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=486561
Prism League
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=334179
Notes
Going inactive. Have fun!

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!

Male
Canada
Seen October 2nd, 2016
Posted October 2nd, 2016
223 posts
6.1 Years
I would like to participate but it must wait a bit for my team to get ready. I will like to participate both 3ds and showdown if it is possible.
I don't see any problems with you challenging both. Let us know when you've got your teams ready. :)
Username
AdamEternal
ING
Adam
Safari
Seviper, Swalot, Drapion
Games
Pokemon Y, Pokemon White, Pokemon Diamond, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Super Smash Bros. 3DS
My Profile
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=486561
Prism League
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=334179
Notes
Going inactive. Have fun!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm

Male
Seen October 3rd, 2016
Posted September 3rd, 2016
3,373 posts
8.1 Years
I'm pretty much generally around, but I will try to take one challenger a day unless I end up with a large number of challengers (maybe two a day then). This self-made restriction is because I am also doing breeding and plan to eventually get a 4EM specimen of every Pokémon it can be done with, and maybe some doubles with different moves over time. For now, I'm still working at completing my Dex, but have a good group ready to go for battle. Where possible, I will give priority in order of challenge in the event I have multiple challengers.

So I dare you: come to the Dark side...
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler. :P

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Nah

Age 27
Female
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
14,233 posts
6.7 Years
As for me, I'm pretty much ready to battle any day, any time, provided I'm on....which is pretty often. Just don't expect me to on 24/7; I got other things to do too, like, sleep, ya know.
Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."

Polar Spectrum

Non-binary
Seen May 29th, 2017
Posted March 21st, 2017
1,663 posts
6.1 Years
Sign-Up Sheet:
PokeCommunity username: Polar Spectrum
Division being challenged: 3DS
3DS FC/battle server alt(s): 4570 7938 0346

Samurott
Bisharp
Mandibuzz
Staraptor
Venusaur
Galvantula
The Prism League is BACK BABY - we're operating in Sun / Moon now - come join up!

Polar Spectrum

Non-binary
Seen May 29th, 2017
Posted March 21st, 2017
1,663 posts
6.1 Years
Polar Spectrum challenged Gym Leader Blueboi22!

Polar Spectrum won the Chill Badge!

[image unavailable]

Battle Video: NCYG WWWW WWW97P8R

Woo ^^ First challenge match, first win. Prism League Elites, here I come.

Trying to challenge Cyclone as I type this, hopefully I'll be able to get that in tonight as well.

Edit: Polar Spectrum challenged Gym Leader CycloneGU!

Polar Spectrum won the Dark/Fairy Badge!

[image unavailable]

Battle Video: 5HYG WWWW WWW9 7Q4T

Looking to challenge Ferraligator, or any of the 3 new additions Dialga, MegaSeeker, or Lobrix next. :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm

Male
Seen October 3rd, 2016
3,373 posts
8.1 Years
I actually had a better performance against Polar this time, but the battle went the way of the challenger. As he has already posted a video, that will suffice; I will save videos for a minimum of a month and only post them if a challenger doesn't or if there's a dispute.

Greninja got destroyed there. He got the first move, but OHKOed himself. Ouch.

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Kitsuki

Age 29
Female
Imaginationland
Seen October 2nd, 2016
Posted August 16th, 2016
51 posts
6 Years
PokeCommunity username: Kitsuki
Division being challenged: Showdown league
3DS FC/battle server alt(s): Kitsuki13
Talonflame, Exadrill, Gardevoir, Greninja, Chansey, Rotom-W

I'm free hopefully all day tomorrow, 11 EST wed, and off again Thursday

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757

Age 28
Male
Florida
Seen February 8th, 2020
Posted July 11th, 2019
494 posts
10.3 Years
I'm redoing my post here to also add some information:

All going for the Oblivion Badge (Ghost/Dark gym: Me) please pm me so that we can set a time and date. For a heads up, I'm available Wednesday and Thursday of this week (8/20/14 & 8/21/14).

Please note the following:

I will reward the winner with an Eevee nicknamed "Shadow", level 1 (bred by me), to those who are rewarded the Oblivion Badge on Wednesday (if challenges are made for then), and thursday will be an absol nicknamed "Eclipse" or "Dawn" (depending if you defeat me on the afternoon, or at night). Both, Eevee and Absol will be holding a dusk stone. (Dark Pokemon, Ghost stone... Thought it could be a nice mix).

I thought that not only you challengers could be rewarded badges, but to commemorate the moment defeating me (if done so), you will receive a special pokemon as well.

This is for my fellow Gym mates:

This is to have a good kick off of our league, I want to do this on my behalf at no risk. These are not hacked Pokemon, they're bred, and are distributed at my own will. I want to give my 2 pennies this way so that we can have a successful BETA, and make it fun.

I do encourage you guys to do so, but not enforce it as I thought it was a neat thought :)
Sorry for not asking for permission, but I figured that a Pokemon giveaway would be neat for the challengers.

For challengers:

Lets make this fun... YOUR DESTINY AWAITS!

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1

Age 24
Male
Traverse Town
Seen December 13th, 2016
Posted September 16th, 2016
167 posts
6 Years
PokeCommunity username: JustTheFx
Division being challenged: Showdown Division
3DS FC/battle server alt(s): ----------- / LeCoqGrande
Team to be Used: Landorus, Excadrill, Dragonite, Breloom, Azumarill, Medicham

I just made reqs so less do this!!!!! And can you sign up for both divisions?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm

Male
Seen October 3rd, 2016
3,373 posts
8.1 Years
Interesting idea, Oblivion Wing. I will have to check my breeding projects, but I think I have an old Spritzee project I could bring back for something like that.

I have bred Absol myself, as well.

Nah

Age 27
Female
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
14,233 posts
6.7 Years
To the people wondering if you can challenge both divisions, this is from the OP:

You are welcome to challenge both divisions if you like,
Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."

Polar Spectrum

Non-binary
Seen May 29th, 2017
Posted March 21st, 2017
1,663 posts
6.1 Years
Oblivion Wing, Dialga812, MegaSeeker, and Lobrix - I'm waiting for you 4 to be available so I can face you for badges. :) I'll send PM's as well just in case; but please let me know when you'll be free for a match.

\/ If only more people were as present as you BlueBoi :I \/