• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

= = The NFL Football Fan Club

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The NFL Football Fan Club
Owner: Denny Hamlin

Ohio4yardsafety.gif

this will rotate later when i find more gifs!

Introduction:
FOOTBALL SEASON IS HERE.

And I'm bringing back this club just in time for the 2014 season. ARE YOU READY?

This club is all about the National Football League (NFL), its teams, and everything that's centered around it. From the San Diego Chargers to the New England Patriots, to the Seattle Seahawks. Football is a way of life, and what would be a better way than to talk about football, its latest games, team stats, player stats, rookies, Peyton Manning, and much more with your fellow PokeCommunity members? If you are a hardcore fan, or a casual fan, or just following along the season whether you have a preferred team or not, everyone is welcome to join.​

Rules
++ Follow all PokeCommunity & FC&G Rules
Be sure you read those, as they apply in this club.​

++ Linking to live streaming of any football game is prohibited.
You may link a youtube clip of one part of the game. Please do not link to full games, whether live or previosly recorded.​

++ Live Discussion of football games is allowed.
As long as you don't go too crazy. Do not double post, as it can cause cluttering. Your posts will be merged if you post twice.​

++ Respect other people's opinions, no matter if you hate the other person's team affiliation.
I understand we do get a little....feisty towards the teams we hate, and I'm not saying debating is not allowed, just that we don't want to be tooooo opinionated towards our favorite teams. Example, if you are a Pittsburgh Steelers fan, and you literally despise the Cincinatti Bengals, keep your hate towards Cincinatti Bengals out of the club. This is an important rule and we must show respect towards every member of the club regardless of team/player preferences. If you do not find yourself tolerant, you may be asked to leave the club.​

I'm going to re-use the same Sign-Up format as the previous NFL Fan Club, as it was a lot easier and it gives us a chance to predict who would advance to the Super Bowl in February of 2015. Just a reminder that all fields are required, and if possible, try to stick with the current discussion if there is any active.

Username:
Who is your favorite NFL team?
Who is/are your favorite NFL player(s)?
Who would you like to see in next year's Super Bowl? Winner?

carlton.gif

IT'S KICKOFF TIME.

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
You have no idea how happy I am that you kept the same gif at the bottom of the page haha.

Username: elheroeoscuro
Who is your favorite NFL team? New Orleans Saints
Who is/are your favorite NFL player(s)? Drew Brees, Jimmy Graham, Teddy Bruschi
Who would you like to see in next year's Super Bowl? Winner? New England Patriots - New Orleans Saints; Saints

Who will be watching the Packers-Seahawks game tonight? If I were the Packers, I would still be pissed from last years game between the two rivals.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
ahaha, I did! That one is my favorite as well <3 Welcome to the club, Matt :)

I knew the Seahawks were going to win today. Their defense hasn't changed at all since the Super Bowl. Glad to see they are still strong and they are starting off really well.

Can't wait for the rest of the games, espeeeeecialy for Cleveland-Pittsburgh on Sunday even though I'll be working. D: Not only that, I'm curious about how Johnny Manziel will do on his quarterback debut.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
I actually didn't get a chance to watch it - was too tired after classes so hit the sack early - but I heard it was pretty one sided. I'm not a fan of the Seahawks so as much as I dislike seeing them win, I can't honestly say I was surprised that the Packers lost. Their defense isn't as good as it used to be.

Isn't Brian Hoyer getting the start against Pittsburgh? I could be wrong, but I could have sworn I had read something earlier this past month on ESPN that he was going to get the nod over Manziel because of Manziels lack of experience and sub par performance in preseason.

Years
Username: Brendino
Who is your favorite NFL team?: Kansas City Chiefs
Who is/are your favorite NFL player(s)?: Derrick Johnson, Jamaal Charles, Jimmy Graham
Who would you like to see in next year's Super Bowl? Winner?: I'd like to see a Kansas City-Dallas with KC obviously winning, but I think that San Francisco/Seattle-Denver is most likely, with the NFC winner picking up the Lombardi.

I wasn't able to catch any the opening game on Thursday because of work, but I've been sitting in front of my laptop and TV most of the day just watching games and streams. Of course, I figured it'd be a good idea to wear my Derrick Johnson jersey today, and not only did we get beaten pretty badly by Tennessee, but Derrick Johnson tore his achilles tendon early in the first half, and it's now been confirmed that he'll be out for the season. Considering he's the centerpiece of our 3-4 defense, it should be interesting to see how we play going forward, as the rest of the team looked pretty lost out there without him.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Did anyone catch the Steelers-Browns game and saw this moment? xD I couldn't watch the game because I had work, but I could imagine it was cringeworthy. But I'm so glad my steelers got the game with a field goal.

& yeah, Manziel didn't play yesterday. I was expecting he would. :s

I'm looking forward to San Diego-Arizona, they came in pretty close last postseason against Denver, so hopefully they still have that potential as they start tonight. Arizona has a bad record (3-9) against SD, so let's hope they break it.

Years
The form of discipline he's been reported as using is legal in Texas. I think it's inappropriate discipline for a child, but the fact remains that it is legal in Texas. It says a lot about his character as to just how cooperative with police he has been. Unfortunately for Peterson, his career in the NFL could well be over because of other NFL scandals in the news recently.

EDIT: Whoops forgot sign-up form.

Who is your favorite NFL team? Minnesota Vikings.
Who is/are your favorite NFL player(s)? Well, Adrian Peterson was one, and still is with regards to his play style. Cordarelle Patterson is another. Randy Moss's play style was a favorite (as well as when he mimed mooning the Green Bay fans since that's what Green Bay fans often did as the Vikings team bus was leaving Lambeau Field), but he's retired now. Kluwe was another favorite even though his activism and general pot-stirring got him in trouble more than a few times.
Who would you like to see in next year's Super Bowl? Winner? I'd like to see Minnesota in and then I don't care who the AFC team is as long as Minnesota wins. I think we'll get a 49ers-Broncos matchup this time, though.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
He was disciplined inappropriately...leading to bruises and cuts which is just awful for a child. He turned himself in and cooperated, which is something to expect. His sponsors, especially Nike, are looking into that closely so that could also be at risk of losing should his career also goes away. Could be weeks for this case to go on trial, and who knows if Peterson could stay deactivated for the next game after this one.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
My Saints are 0-2 after two late rallies....why do the football gods hate me so?

At least my Pats pounded the Vikings (sorry donavannj)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I watched the Eagles & Colts game from my store's stockroom last night. The last few minutes of the game were intense. I was actually rooting for the Colts. It was literally a close game, but the Eagles had that chance to throw in a FG until it was called back due to a timeout by the Colts (which I thought it was pointless??). Nonetheless with or without a timeout, the Eagles would still have won. lol.

Back to the Adrian Peterson thing, he's back active on the Vikings roster, but there are now reports surfacing that he may have "inappropriately disciplined" a second child, but it was a case back in 2013. That's just too much now, really.

Years
...and now Adrian Peterson is back off the roster, this time until all of his legal issues are resolved, which could be quite some time (I've seen one or two reporters say that this could put an end to his season, or possibly his career if things drag out). It's always sad to see talented guys like AP and Ray Rice do stupid things like this, especially when they're so talented, and getting paid to live their dreams. And it's not only hurting themselves, but their teams, and even the league as a whole. Hopefully this'll be the last major incident we hear about for a long time in the NFL.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
...and now Adrian Peterson is back off the roster, this time until all of his legal issues are resolved, which could be quite some time (I've seen one or two reporters say that this could put an end to his season, or possibly his career if things drag out). It's always sad to see talented guys like AP and Ray Rice do stupid things like this, especially when they're so talented, and getting paid to live their dreams. And it's not only hurting themselves, but their teams, and even the league as a whole. Hopefully this'll be the last major incident we hear about for a long time in the NFL.

Even still, I'm a little curious why their public lives have been put on such a public display for the whole nation to witness. Don't get me wrong, I have opinions about both instance about that morality behind them; however, I think there should be a line that shouldn't be crossed when it come to what should be kept private and what should be made public. I guess that's the price that stardom has unfortunately but as you said, hopefully this won't be an issue that we keep on hearing popping up in the NFL.

Back