• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VGPOTW #6: In a galaxy far, far away...

Who is space's baddest hero/heroine?

• Total voters

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • VGPOTW #6: In a galaxy far, far away...

Welcome to Video Game's Poll of the Week! Thanks to the permission of Pokemon General's moderator Brendino, Video Games will now be hosting a weekly series that pits certain video game characters, levels, and universes against other to see which one will come out on top! In last week's Poll of the Week, the Ocarina of Time used the Song of Storms to blow away the rest of the competition as PC's favorite Legend of Zelda game!
    Expand on your answers! Tell us why you prefer one video game element over another! Posts that don't elaborate as to why specific elements were chosen will be deleted, and a warning may be given out through an infraction if it's a reoccurring issue.
    This week's nomination was given by Necrum and he'll be receiving an emblem as a result of his efforts. If you have a matchup that you would like to see, whether between video game characters or worlds/universes, send me a VM or PM and if your matchup gets chosen then an emblem will be given out as a reward!

Without further ado:

Who is space's baddest hero/heroine?

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2014
    So, I voted other because I think Jim Raynor from Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty should be up there. He's fighting a war against the parasitic Zurg, the Dominion forces that oppress the sector, and now the Xel'Naga. What more can you ask from a guy in power armor and a Gauss rifle?

TY

I'm fully agreeing with Hollow Shell here, Raynor has been in deep **** and came back from it alive in StarCraft I, Brood War, StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty and even a bit in Heart of the Swarm. Makes all the other heroes in the list look like nothing compared to Raynor. Had to deal with betrayals, painful losses and barely having any support.

So I voted other aswell

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Isaac Clarke, without a doubt, was my first choice. My love for horror games aside.. He stares down so many nasty monsters, and hardly even blinks in the face of danger. Seriously. How would you handle all those necromorphs?

Marcus Fenix can totally handle himself. Just look at the guy. So many space-roids. And, y'know, he had some nasty monsters to fight, too. Along with some personal demons and some major losses.. Dude's had a pretty rough go, but he never really let it get in the way.

Man.. So many popular space games and so few represented! I've ticked "Other" because I'm likely to come back when I have more important space-badasses to give honorable mentions to. At a time where my thoughts are more coherent, maybe. In the meantime, I'm going to use it as a placeholder to give a shout-out to Fox and Falco, from Star Fox.

Master Chief and the doomguy are both just so.. empty. To me, they're the exact representation of the "First Person Shooter machine" they used in Wreck-It Ralph to poke fun at such games {XD}

Oh, and, I haven't touched a FF game since FFX, so I was really confused to see Lightning listed. I asked a friend if it was a bad joke or if she's secretly an alien, and he just said, "She's an anime. Who knows." Trouble is, I still don't know which it is, lol.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Yeah, I knew that I was going to miss certain people for this one. Some of them might be deemed "stetches," and by reading some of these answers it made me go on full-on Homer Simpson. There are just such a wide slew of video games, sometime's it's hard to cover them all; that's why there's an Other option of course!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I suppose I'm the only person who voted for Doomguy, lol! Let me explain why he's so badass. Fistly, he doesn't fight aliens in space, HE FIGHTS DEMONS IN SPACE! Not only does he fight demons in space, he has closed not one, not two, but four gates to hell in the original Doom series alone. He killed "The biggest demon you've ever seen", on 3 different occasions, and he can fight his way through a slew of unlimited user made levels that put Doomguy to the test, truly stretching his limits! Doomguy is clearly the original space marine and also the most badass.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My vote would have to go towards Fox McCloud of Star Fox series (since he isn't listed, I'll have to select "other"). In general, I feel that he's one of those characters that almost everybody could get attached to. He's not very happy-go-lucky, but he also doesn't go out of his way to get work done; he always tries to find some good middle-ground, and it never ceases to work for the guy.

Fox's got decent combat skills, and is also an expert at piloting all around, whether it be a tank, an airplane, spaceship, you name it. Of course, there are plenty of other characters that share similar set of skills, such as his friend Falco Lombardi, but what makes him actually distinct, however, is his ability to be leader. To have good leadership, it takes a lot, and Fox has most of it covered.

Aside from above, I'm also a pretty big fan of Captain Falcon from F-Zero. This guy is generally hard to get through, but he still has a lot of characteristics that most of us like to see in heroes. Only thing that disappoints me, though, is that his series has been put on ice for some time, which is unfortunate. I was a very big fan, personally!

Back