• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RESULTS] Pokémon Song Parody Competition!

Years

• 9LLgRtV.png

hosted by Osiris, and judges arachnidsGrip and Achromatic
    Welcome one and all to the Pokémon Song Parody Competition here at PokéCommunity's 12th annual Get-Together!

No matter where you go in the world, one thing that remains constant across countries, religions, and cultures is humanity's love of music. Songs and music can ignite a powerful spectrum of emotions for the listener, with many pieces carrying deep meaning, with a lot of time and effort going into each word and note. With this competition- we want you to give new meanings to your favorite songs by giving them a Pokémon twist! Whether you're replacing some words to give a song a different feel, or completely rewriting the lyrics to match the tune of a song, just make sure that you write something that would make Professor Oak proud!

RuleS

• Make sure you're following all PokéCommunity Global Rules with your entry.
    • All entries must be your own original creation. No stealing lyrics from previous parody competitions or elsewhere on the internet. If you're caught cheating, you will be immediately disqualified from the event.
    • No more than one entry per competitor. Feel free to tweak or change your entry as often as you like prior to the deadline, but don't submit multiple entries, or else all your submissions will be disqualified.
    • All entries must be either Pokémon or PokéCommunity related. Not that we're discouraging any of you aspiring Weird Als out there, but it is a Pokémon parody competition, after all!
    • If you wish, you may also sing and record your parody and add it to your entry. While this won't guarantee you a victory, you may earn some extra consideration from the judges towards the final vote!
    • The top 3 contestants after voting will receive a gold, silver, or bronze medal emblem respectively. All other members who don't place will receive a participation emblem for their efforts.
    • Make sure to follow the submission form below for your entry, or your vote may not be counted (see post #2 for an example sumbission).
    Username: Username goes here
    Parody Title: Title goes here
    Original Song: Title and link to song go here

Spoiler:
    All song parody submissions must be made by July 12th, 2015 at 11:59 PT, so make sure you don't wait until the last minute to get your songs in. But with all that said, let the parodying begin!

SubmissionS

Kalos Queen - Meloetta SINNOH
    Friends - JatinGupta UNOVA
    I Still Call Unova Home - Forever UNOVA
    Wonder Trade - RagingDunsparce HOENN
    Azalea - GiovanniViridian KALOS
    The Head of Galactic - Absol used bite! SINNOH
    Right Here On My Team - Veevee SINNOH
    Johto Star - White Glint JOHTO
    We Took Sevii - treco890 HOENN
    We Are! (Pokémon) - Stormerbuzz35 JOHTO
    Catch Me Maybe - DyingWillFlareon UNOVA
    Train My 'Mons - gio7sm HOENN
    We Catch Who We Catch - SassyBeartic KALOS
    Prove Your Worth - Elite Overlord LeSabre™ KALOS

Last edited:
    Years
  • And here's the promised example, using one of my old submissions from a previous Get Together:

Username: Osiris
    Parody Title: Eeveelution Night
    Original Song: Thriller by Michael Jackson

Spoiler:

pkmin3033

I wasn't going to enter this, but then I got an idea, and...well, one thing led to another. I am more sorry than you can possibly imagine, but at the same time, I have no regrets at all.

Username: Meloetta
    Parody Title: Kalos Queen
    Original Song: Killer Queen by Queen

Spoiler:

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • A question! Would any song parodies written before the GT be fine to enter here? (Sans any entered in any other song parody contest, of course). Idk about my time this week for writing a new one, is all. (Tempting though!)

also that's a hella cute avatar

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • Here is my effort:

Username: JatinGupta
    Parody Title: Friends
    Original Song: Style By Taylor Swift

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Username: Forever
    Parody Title: I still call Unova home
    Original Song: I still call Australia home by Qantas choir.

http://picosong.com/g7E4/
    ^ I actually sung the song, so here's the link to my version of it. :')

Spoiler:

Years
  • A question! Would any song parodies written before the GT be fine to enter here? (Sans any entered in any other song parody contest, of course). Idk about my time this week for writing a new one, is all. (Tempting though!)

also that's a hella cute avatar
    As long as you haven't posted it anywhere else in the past, then it's new to us, so be my guest!

And great entries posted by everyone so far! Can't wait to see what everyone else brings to the table as the week goes on.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    Username: RagingDunsparce
    Parody Title: Wonder Trade
    Original Song: Basket Case by Green Day

Lyrics:
    Spoiler:

This honestly took me an hour, and I am proud of it!

Chevitile

Little Monster
    Years
  • As long as you haven't posted it anywhere else in the past, then it's new to us, so be my guest!

I was tempted to post a semi-finished parody of California Gurls that my friend and I came up with almost 5 years ago, but we wrote it in the comment section on one of his Youtube videos, so in essence it's already been posted. Does that mean that it wouldn't be a valid entry? If so, I completely understand. Just wanted to check.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I'm just here for an emblem.

Username: GiovanniViridian
    Parody Title: Azalea
    Original Song: Africa by Toto, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTQbiNvZqaY

Spoiler:

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Username~Absol used bite!
    Song title~The head of galactic
    ~Original somg~Living lavida loca by Ricky Martin.

Lyrics
    Spoiler:

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Username: Veevee
    Parody Title: Right Here On My Team (Blank Space)
    Original Song: Blank Space by Taylor Swift

Sometimes, you struggle at a Gym or somewhere similar. But then you find that one Pokemon that changes everything...
    It may not be that good. Bear with me.

Spoiler:

Years
  • I was tempted to post a semi-finished parody of California Gurls that my friend and I came up with almost 5 years ago, but we wrote it in the comment section on one of his Youtube videos, so in essence it's already been posted. Does that mean that it wouldn't be a valid entry? If so, I completely understand. Just wanted to check.
    As long as you aren't just copying + pasting the exact same lyrics from before, and you make some changes to it, I guess that'll be alright.

Years
  • Might as well. Sucks cause I only spent like 45 minutes on it but HEY

Username: White Glint
    Parody Title: Johto Star
    Original Song: Superstar - Lupe Fiasco https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glwhxRFhulo

Spoiler:

Years
  • Username: treco890
    Parody Title: We Took Sevii
    Original Song: Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa3Oa4t2j4A

This is about how all the Johto Pokemon got to the Sevii Islands in FR/LG
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Username: Stormerbuzz35
    Parody Title: We are! (Pokemon)
    Original Song: We are! (One Piece)

Spoiler:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Can I request a song title change please? Just thought it'd fit better like this....

Username: DyingWillFlareon
    Parody Song: Catch Me Maybe
    Original Song: Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepson(sp?). (Which is weird because I don't even like this song lol)

A duet between a girl and an Eevee~ Also because I can't chain an Eevee. >\
    Sorry if this sounds bad I wrote it all just now at midnight :P Also this goes off the assumption that shinies are rare because their different coats make them easier prey. :P

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Etherion

Parody: Train my 'Mons
    Original Song Wiz Khalifa - See you Again (click!)

Spoiler:

Years
  • Representing Team Kalos with a bit of Kesha!

The original song is We R Who We R, by the way.

Song called: We Catch Who We Catch by SassyBeartic.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back