Watch out for Ghosts! (Read the First Post!)

Started by Ash July 10th, 2015 2:35 PM
  • 2252 replies

Ash

Seen March 8th, 2020
Posted March 8th, 2020
13,472 posts
11.9 Years
Watch Out For Ghosts...

What's that noise... oh, sorry, hi. Let's chat. Say anything you want, anything at all, I like to talk about Pokémon... at least I think I do...? Let me tell you a story...

Once upon a time there was a thread. This thread was a simple thread to chat about Pokémon in, just to chill back and have fun with friends, and we kept a counter going as we posted just to see how far we could get. Then they came... The more we spoke, the more things began to feel strange. People... changed, in that thread. One minute my friends would be acting completely normal, the next minute they'd change, they'd attack us, they'd scare us half to death. We began using the counter as a method of tracking their progress, trying to find the patterns they played by... We worked out that every time the counter hit 50, another of our friends would change into one of them. But when we reached 100... everything seemed ok again. Everything seemed cleansed. Other than the one unfortunate soul to still be counting... We only reached higher than that once, before the attacks came again - we thought we were in the clear, until I began to change myself. I'd hit 150. I started to twist, change... I never returned to how I used to be. I'm different, I'm changed. I scare myself sometimes, but I prefer to scare them instead... Sometimes I'll just shout "BOO!", and they all just have to start over again...

Now that you know my story, come count with me...

~ 1 ~

Becoming a Ghost...

• If the counter reaches 50 on your post, you're turned into a regular Ghost!
  • If the counter reaches 100 on your post, every other Ghost is cleansed and returns to being human - other than you!
  • If you the counter reaches 150 on your post... good luck. You're now a permanent ghost and cannot be revived in any way!
  • As a Ghost, you can post "BOO!" to scare the thread at any time, resetting the counter to 0.
  • Feel free to post which Ghost-Pokémon you become when you change, otherwise I'll randomly assign you one!

Rules!

• All Pokémon Trivia rules apply.
  • With every new post, increase the counter in the corner by 1.
  • If a Ghost comes in to scare the thread, reset the counter to 0.
  • Upon reaching 150, the counter is automatically reset to 0.
  • This is a DCC thread, so feel free to be creative with conversation topics!
  • Even though this is a chatting thread, all posts must be about Pokémon.
  • Try not to reset the count too much at first, we want a few ghosts to build up before the counts get more intense!
  • Have fun, or else!
Current Ghosts!

• Squirrel
  • DyingWillFlareon
  • Sven (Guardian)
  • KetsuekiR -
  • Mewtwolover -
  • Lycanthropy -
  • Arrow_Riddari -
  • Zanark Avalonic -
  • The Ghost of You Know Who -
  • jan2prado -
  • Spoonacross -
  • CharmedGardy -

Rewards!

You may be wondering why you should count up to your demise? Well, being a Ghost does have its perks... (Hover over images for details!)

This is the remake of our previous thread! Which we were talking about the move rollout so idk what's your favorite Pokemon that has that move or something.

Percy

Male
Asia
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
3,019 posts
5.7 Years

I hope I become ghost this time :p

Ash

Seen March 8th, 2020
Posted March 8th, 2020
13,472 posts
11.9 Years

part of me wanted to reset the list but i didn't want to be rattataed at haha.

Meadow

Connected World

Age 23
Road to Tomorrow
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
10,592 posts
12.9 Years

*sobs* The previous thread held some really precious memories of mine, but I guess it's time to move on!

I don't think I can answer the question about ROM hacks either, so I'll start a fresh new topic: What are some of your favorite locations in the Pokémon games, and why? (Spin-offs included if need be!) ^^

"Anyone can connect with anyone, just as anything can connect with anything. That's all there is to life—an endless series of connections. Even when there's no solution, people grow stronger to keep searching for connections."

YGO ClubWright Anything Agency#TeamTrivia

Gulpin

poisonous

Male
Seen January 16th, 2017
Posted November 25th, 2016
3,273 posts
13.7 Years

As for ROM hacks, I can't answer as I've never played one, haha.
As for favorite locations, I like the unique weather on Route 113 in Hoenn, and although the northern area of Sinnoh is annoying to get through, the snow makes for very pretty routes. I also like the Undella Bay area and Marine Tube in Unova. Oh, and the area around Mahogany town in Johto!

(Sidenote: after nearly 9 years at PC, 3000 posts!)
< < < I know you want these lumps

Lycanthropy

Owl + Bear =
Owlbear

Age 23
Male
That place called... Wait, what was it called again?
Seen March 3rd, 2020
Posted January 17th, 2020
10,792 posts
6.3 Years

I wouldn't have any problem with a restart either, but on topic of locations: I find the shipwreck in Hoenn and the Ruins of Alph cool places to see. Underwater is unique too, but sadly there's not much to do there.
Age 25
Male
Distortion World
Seen February 8th, 2020
Posted February 26th, 2018
2,473 posts
10 Years

Ya'll dont mind cos you're no ghosts. Flare and I did our share of stalking to get these emblems and more importantly, perma ghost status, and I want it to stay that way.
You want less ghosts? tell that to those who keep booing consequently before the 100th post. there ya go.

Ontopic: Many. Route 47/48 in Johto, pretty much all the cool caves. Sotopolis city, ALL forests etc. So many tbh lol.

"The future you see is the future you get."

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle

Age 21
Female
Under a bucket
Seen December 6th, 2017
Posted December 6th, 2017
4,293 posts
5.5 Years
15.NO MORE STOP 16.

A reset could be fun Yeah ok I guess. I'm just glad because I was panicing that the old thread was locked and couldn't figure out what happened. XD Plus my perma-ghosting was an accident but yeah I did stalk for it XD

I really like the Giant Chasm in BW2, the spot where you get Kyurem. I love the music too but I think it's music from Chrono Trigger? It sounds exactly the same haha. Sea Mauville in ORAS is better to me than the Abandoned Ship but I still somewhat like that place too. There's a place in a hack called Snakewood thatms inside the 'bad' team's secret base on Calm Island or whatever and one spot is inside like a volcano or something and there's lava but it's really orange Gatorade so you can surf across and I love that area.
POKECOMMUNITY'S DREAM WORLDDYINGWILLFLAREON

*For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night nor of the darkness. So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and sober. -1Thessalonians 5:5-6
#TeamTrivia

Ash

Seen March 8th, 2020
Posted March 8th, 2020
13,472 posts
11.9 Years

> wants ghost reset because not a ghost
> looks at first post

okay.

Lycanthropy

Owl + Bear =
Owlbear

Age 23
Male
That place called... Wait, what was it called again?
Seen March 3rd, 2020
Posted January 17th, 2020
10,792 posts
6.3 Years

I've been a ghost for a really short time, but I don't think I boo'ed even once.

ElectroJoe

The Electric Guy

Age 25
Male
Where you least expect me to be...
Seen November 11th, 2016
Posted October 23rd, 2016
33 posts
4.9 Years

This seems pretty interesting to do. I've actually seen something that's similar to this, except the count can only be broken by moderators rather than people that have become ghosts (which actually happened quite often), so this might be a nice change of pace.

On topic: I actually enjoyed quite a few places when it came to the scenery. The way that they redid the end of Victory Road in OR/AS and the Battle with Wally (especially the music) was actually quite surprising. I didn't expect that at all. Battle wise, I liked the whole knockout tournament in the battle dome in emerald. I also liked the unique challenge that you got in the battle factory. It kinda felt like you were playing pokemon stadium in a sense.
"Nothing is ever free, because even though it might not cost any money, it still takes time and effort." -Myself

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,232 posts
9.2 Years

I feel like I'm never targeted in this thread. Must be something special I have.
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,232 posts
9.2 Years

I got affected by ninjas again okay.

Anyways, I have been glomping at tons of Serena fanart lately. I feel like she's a character who looks good in any style, because I know when her fanbase got divided over her epic haircut in the anime. I personally like the maturity the redesign gives her, and how she's starting a new chapter.

Man, she's literally one of the cutest female characters from Pokemon just because she looks beautiful in anything.
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

ElectroJoe

The Electric Guy

Age 25
Male
Where you least expect me to be...
Seen November 11th, 2016
Posted October 23rd, 2016
33 posts
4.9 Years

Yeah... sorry about that... I only said that jokingly. To tell the truth, I'm usually the one getting ninja'd, probably because I can be a slow typer at times. That, and I try to read what I type before I actually post anything to avoid any mishaps. This is one of the only times that I'm the ninja, believe it or not. Well, you probably do after reading the text before these last two sentences.

I've seen a small bit of fanart for her, but I try not to go too far in when it comes to that kind of stuff, because knowing my luck in the past, that probably won't end well (Nothing too bad, though. Let's just say that a couple things with my computer got a bit... buggy somewhere in there). I didn't even notice that her hair changed until a while after since I haven't really paid attention to the anime in a while.
But from what I have seen, I think I have to agree. I like the redesign that they've given her.
"Nothing is ever free, because even though it might not cost any money, it still takes time and effort." -Myself

Ash

Seen March 8th, 2020
Posted March 8th, 2020
13,472 posts
11.9 Years

Serena's short hair >>> Serena's long hair imo. I've watched a few old episodes after her haircut and it just cements how much I love her short hair tbh haha.