The Bulbasaur Race [Part 2]

Started by Lycanthropy August 7th, 2015 1:26 AM
  • 2362 replies

Lycanthropy

Owl + Bear =
Owlbear

Age 23
Male
That place called... Wait, what was it called again?
Seen March 3rd, 2020
Posted January 17th, 2020
10,792 posts
6.3 Years
The old thread suffered too many double posts, so I decided to remake the thread. I welcome you to...
The Bulbasaur Race
Part 2

Current Pokémon: #218 Slugma

Here's some rules I lazily copied from part 1:
  • The idea of this thread is simple - we start off with a Pokémon with 10 HP and with each successive post you can either add or remove 1 HP from the Pokémon.
  • When a Pokémon hits either 0 or 20 HP, the Pokémon is put into the 'discarded' or 'saved' list based on which it hit.
  • Count up if you like the Pokémon, count down if you don't!
  • Once the first Pokémon is finished, we move onto the next Pokémon.
  • Continue in Pokédex order until all 718 Pokémon have been sorted.
  • Try to keep conversation flowing between posts - all posts must be relevant to Pokémon as this is Pokémon Trivia!

Spoiler: Saved
Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Caterpie, Butterfree, Weedle, Beedrill, Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Rattata, Raticate, Spearow, Fearow, Ekans, Arbok, Pikachu, Raichu, Sandshrew, Sandslash, Nidoran♀, Nidorina, Nidoqueen, Nidoran♂, Nidorino, Nidoking, Clefable, Vulpix, Ninetales, Wigglytuff, Zubat, Golbat, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Paras, Parasect, Venonat, Venomoth, Meowth, Persian, Diglett, Dugtrio, Psyduck, Golduck, Mankey, Primeape, Growlithe, Arcanine, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, Machop, Machamp, Victreebel, Tentacool, Tentacruel, Geodude, Ponyta, Rapidash, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Magnemite, Magneton, Doduo, Dodrio, Seel, Dewgong, Muk, Shellder, Cloyster, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Onix, Drowzee, Hypno, Krabby, Kingler, Exeggutor, Cubone, Marowak, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Lickitung, Koffing, Weezing, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Chansey, Tangela, Kanghaskan, Horsea, Seadra, Goldeen, Staryu, Starmie, Scyther, Magmar, Pinsir, Tauros, Gyarados, Lapras, Ditto, Eevee, Vaporeon, Flareon, Porygon, Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite, Mewtwo, Mew, Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium, Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion, Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Sentret, Furret, Hoothoot, Noctowl, Ledian, Spinarak, Ariados, Crobat, Chinchou, Lanturn, Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Togetic, Natu, Xatu, Mareep, Flaaffy, Ampharos, Belossom, Marill, Azumarill, Sudowoodo, Politoed, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Aipom, Sunkern, Sunflora, Yanma, Wooper, Quagsire, Espeon, Umbreon, Murkrow, Slowking, Misdreavus, Wobbuffet, Girafarig, Dunsparce, Gligar, Steelix, Granbull, Scizor, Shuckle, Heracross, Sneasel, Teddiursa, Ursaring

Spoiler: Discarded
Metapod, Kakuna, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Machoke, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Graveler, Golem, Farfetch'd, Grimer, Voltorb, Exeggcute, Seaking, Mr. Mime, Jynx, Electabuzz, Magikarp, Jolteon, Ledyba, Unown, Pineco, Forretress, Snubbull

In the previous thread Slowbro was just saved, so that brings us to Magnemite, starting with 10 points.

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,232 posts
9.2 Years

I remember how useful Magmemite was in B2/W2, that it's a literal answer to Roxie. She has literally nothing that can hit it, but beware of that Mud-Slap Grimer if you happen to be playing it on Challenge Mode.
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

Lycanthropy

Owl + Bear =
Owlbear

Age 23
Male
Seen March 3rd, 2020
10,792 posts
6.3 Years

I remember having a terrible trouble beating Wattson's Magnemite and Magneton for a challenge in which my only available Pokémon at the time were Azumarill and Lombre. It forced me to grind a lot battling those low-levelled wild Pokémon. Luckily Roselia gave at least a semi-decent amount of experience.

PageEmperor

Y’know what they say, all toasters toast toast!

Male
with an axe
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
11,279 posts
4.9 Years

These guys are bros, man.

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,061 posts
12.4 Years

I like Magnemite, I remember using one in White 2 for the first time. 8)

Meadow

Connected World

Age 23
Road to Tomorrow
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
10,592 posts
12.9 Years

Aw, I'm gonna miss all of our good times in the last thread, but I guess it's time to move on!

While I can't say I'm the biggest fan of Magnemite, I certainly do have respect for it. ^^

"Anyone can connect with anyone, just as anything can connect with anything. That's all there is to life—an endless series of connections. Even when there's no solution, people grow stronger to keep searching for connections."

YGO ClubWright Anything Agency#TeamTrivia

Lycanthropy

Owl + Bear =
Owlbear

Age 23
Male
Seen March 3rd, 2020
10,792 posts
6.3 Years

Aw, I'm gonna miss all of our good times in the last thread, but I guess it's time to move on!
It's kinda the same thread, but with less double posting and a first post that actually will be updated. :)

Meadow

Connected World

Age 23
Road to Tomorrow
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
10,592 posts
12.9 Years

It's kinda the same thread, but with less double posting and a first post that actually will be updated. :)
Oh, no worries! That's certainly a good thing, though I was actually referring to the old conversations we had a long time ago (like March to April-ish) which were super fun, but we can always have new super-fun conversations, so there's no problem there!

"Anyone can connect with anyone, just as anything can connect with anything. That's all there is to life—an endless series of connections. Even when there's no solution, people grow stronger to keep searching for connections."

YGO ClubWright Anything Agency#TeamTrivia

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,232 posts
9.2 Years

I remember when I used Magnemite for a bit in Black 2, but it never became a permanent member of the team. There could come a time where I might use it eventually.

Ash

Seen March 8th, 2020
Posted March 8th, 2020
13,472 posts
11.9 Years

I used Magneton in XD but I think that was pretty much it.

Castform

Age 26
Male
Weather Institute in Hoenn
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
21,784 posts
7.8 Years

I love the Magnemite family! In face I am using a Magnezone on my current OU team :3

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.

Male
Liberty Garden
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
9,312 posts
7.5 Years

Looks like Magnemite is already saved, eh? Let's see what Magneton's made of!

Lycanthropy

Owl + Bear =
Owlbear

Age 23
Male
Seen March 3rd, 2020
10,792 posts
6.3 Years

Magneton is pretty cool too, but I feel the main reason loving Magneton is because of Magnemite's cutesy. Fusing three of them hasn't made it three times as awesome sadly.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)

Female
Seen December 5th, 2019
Posted August 3rd, 2018
984 posts
5 Years

Golem was killed off last time!? You monsters!

Magnezone is my undoubted favorite Electric type. I had the best time in my White 2 Nuzlocke (WHEN THINGS WEREN'T DROPPING LIKE FLIES) alongside SCIENCE! the Magnezone. Just a fun Pokemon to use with all its different moves and potential strategies.

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,232 posts
9.2 Years

Magnemite line is great once it learns the good moves, which can take a while.

Ash

Seen March 8th, 2020
Posted March 8th, 2020
13,472 posts
11.9 Years

Eh, for what I said above I guess haha!

Ash

Seen March 8th, 2020
Posted March 8th, 2020
13,472 posts
11.9 Years

This thread would have to pick up a lot of speed in order to get to Magnezone sooner hahah.

Ash

Seen March 8th, 2020
Posted March 8th, 2020
13,472 posts
11.9 Years

Well we got through Magneton pretty fast! Time for Farfetch'd!