• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music 2015 in Review: Your Favourite Albums/Songs of the Year

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
  • It's that time of year again! 2015's been a pretty stellar year for music and it's time for the hardest part of the year - what have been your favourite albums and songs of 2015? Feel free to make a list and explain your choices 8)

Years
  • I don't have a ton of it (still listening to older material here)... but... highlights!

- Korpiklaani, Noita.
    - Finsterforst, Mach Dich Frei.
    - Kanseil, Tzimbar Bint.
    - Svartsot, Vaeldet.
    - Cruachan, Blood for the Blood God.

Fav songs would go to Tzimbar Bint and La Sera from Kanseil. I'd link, but last time I checked, I could only find the demo for Tzimbar Bint and the version on this album is better, notably because of the intro. My Winamp count for Finsterforst's Mach Dich Frei must be too damn high, same with Ved Vaeldet Vande and Allerkaeresten Min (Svartsot).

(And for being such a big Children of Bodom fan, I apologize for not looking into their newest album yet DX DX DX... I really gotta do this...)

Years
  • I can actually respond to this topic, I've been looking at the general favourite album one for ages and it's way too difficult to decide.

Now my favourite album this year would probably have to be Art Angels, but it has had a lot of stiff competition. Carrie & Lowell probably stands out as second from the rest of my favourites. Some other favourites this year - At.Long.Last.A$AP, Badlands, Blurryface, Good A.M., If You're Reading This It's Too Late, Rodeo, Sprained Ankle, That's The Spirit, The Documentary 2/2.5, To Pimp A Butterfly. It has been a good year, there were a lot more albums I enjoyed than that as well that's somehow after a lot of narrowing down. There might have been some I have forgotten.

Of course with a lot of great albums come a lot of great songs (and of course there are plenty of great songs on meh albums) so that's quite difficult to narrow down. Here's a lot of songs I enjoyed a lot this year in no real order -

HollyWeezy (Lil Wayne), London Roads (Lil Wayne), Used To (Drake/Lil Wayne), Fine Whine (A$AP Rocky), 3500 (Travis Scott), Antidote (Travis Scott), Colors (Halsey), Drive (Halsey), Flesh Without Blood (Grimes), California (Grimes), Venus Fly (Grimes), Pin (Grimes), Realiti (Grimes), 100 (The Game), Summertime (The Game), Fourth of July (Sufjan Stevens), Diamonds Dancing (Drake & Future), Big Rings (Drake & Future), Arm's Length (Kacy Hill), Shades Of Blue (Kacy Hill), What Went Down (Foals), A Knife In The Ocean (Foals), Ride (twentyonepilots), Goner (twentyonepilots), Something (Julien Baker), Blacktop (Julien Baker), On & On (Joey Bada$$), Black Beetle (Joey Bada$$), Know Yourself (Drake), Company (Drake), Adventure Of A Lifetime (Coldplay), B**** Better Have My Money (Rihanna), Don't (Bryson Tiller), My Way (Fetty Wap), Thought It Was A Drought (Future), Taking Over (JME), Alright (Kendrick Lamar), Hood Politics (Kendrick Lamar), The Less I Know The Better (Tame Impala), Thank God For Girls (Weezer) and possibly many more which sounds ridiculous after typing out a list that long.

Right anyway to actually get to some sort of useful response to this thread rather than just comically long lists people aren't going to read, I'll try to narrow down each to a top five.

Albums
    1. Grimes - Art Angels
    2. Sufjan Steven - Carrie & Lowell
    3. Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly
    4. The Game - The Documentary 2/2.5
    5. Julien Baker - Sprained Ankle

Songs
    1. Grimes - Realiti
    2. Travis Scott - Antidote
    3. Sufjan Stevens - Fourth Of July
    4. Grimes - Flesh Without Blood
    5. The Game - Summertime

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I think my favorite album released in 2015 has been Delirium by Ellie Goulding. I also really like Carrie & Lowell by Sufjan Stevens and What a Terrible World, What a Beautiful World by The Decemberists. I also enjoyed How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful by Florence + the Machine and Bad Love released by my favorite band, Summer Camp and Wilder Mind by Mumford and Sons. I wish I could say Kindered by Passion Pit was among my favorites this year, but it's not.

Bay

Years
  • I admit I haven't kept track which songs/albums were released this year, but I'll say the Hamilton Musical soundtrack and Rob Thomas's The Great Unknown I have been listening to several of the songs on repeat haha. With Hamilton I just love the brilliance of the lyrics and the casting. Everyone should at least listen to it on Youtube/Spotify! As for Rob Thomas, always enjoyed his songs.

Years
  • This is a copy-paste of the shortlist I mentioned in Member Encyclopedia (thanks to Fletch over there asking that question) because it's a long list and I couldn't be bothered to rewrite it (spoilers, huge walls of text here).

Spoiler:

But that's not all, while what was listed above was my main shortlist of albums of the year but there was so many others I enjoyed that they needed their own separate list so here it is:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Albums

The Documentary 2/2.5 – The Game
    To Pimp A Butterfly – Kendrick Lamar
    Compton – Dr. Dre

Songs

"Don't Trip" – The Game (ft. Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, will.i.am), The Documentary 2
    "The Last Time You Seen" – The Game (ft. Scarface), The Documentary 2.5
    "Quik's Groove (The One)" – The Game (ft. DJ Quik), The Documentary 2.5
    "These Walls" – Kendrick Lamar (ft. Anna Wise, Bilal, Thundercat), To Pimp A Butterfly

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I was excited to hear Breaking Benjamin return this year with "Dark Before Dawn" and that has to be my favorite album from this year.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I didn't listen to a lot this year, honestly. The only albums I got were Delirium by Ellie Goulding and The 1975's self-titled album, which I really love both. As far as songs go, Ariana Grande's Focus, Sia's Alive, obviously Adele's Hello, most of what The Weeknd put out, and Major Lazer's Lean On were some of my favorites. I also really like Drake's Hotline Bling, not gonna lie. Hell, I even liked Trap Queen and that Justin Bieber song and other **** like that. As much as I didn't listen to the music from this year very often, I've really liked what we got this year. I think the 2010's have finally figured out what the **** they wanna do and what mark they wanna leave musically.

Back