Seen March 5th, 2016
159 posts
4.5 Years
WITHIN THIS ARTICLE, you can:
  • See the confirmed information
  • View the Direct video
  • View images via an image gallery

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are the newest games. And Bank has a neat new addition coming to it! You can discuss general information within this thread. [Comments will also appear within the article.]

Click here to view the article.

omeha

Male
Seen March 22nd, 2016
Posted March 13th, 2016
41 posts
6 Years
MAN, JUST SAW THE POKEMON DIRECT CAN'T BELIEVE IT....

POKEMON SUN & MOON ARE FINALLY CONFIRMED AND WILL BE RELEASING THIS WINTER !!!!!!!!!....

SEE THIS WAS MY REACTION WHEN I FIRST HEARD THE NEWS, SO HOW ABOUT YOURS ? PLEASE SHARE WITH ALL OF US ^^

EDIT - For seeing the trailer click this link ->
http://kotaku.com/pokemon-sun-and-moon-coming-holiday-2016-1761473403

bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Online now
Posted 14 Hours Ago
15,818 posts
12.5 Years
Discuss the direct information here for the time being while other threads are set up!

Legendary Silke

You like dragons?

Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted April 22nd, 2020
5,930 posts
9.7 Years
Just noticed that the game will be now available in Simplified and Traditional Chinese for the first time ever. Onward to the Pokémon world domination!

Though it does seem a bit depressing that even people can get salty over Sun and Moon... well, judging from another forum's reaction thread, that is.

Either way, well, I'm optimistic!

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent

Age 32
Male
Marysville, Washington State, United States
Seen March 1st, 2018
Posted March 1st, 2018
9,433 posts
6.4 Years
Well after watching the confirmation of these two games, one one thing comes to mind. They are Gen VII of Pokemon. Course it is still to early to tell which version I will be getting.
Owner of Play Well - The LEGO Fan Club

OSO STRONG

#TeamPopplio

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate

Age 25
Male
On the High Seas, plunderin' doubloons!
Seen January 2nd, 2019
Posted November 9th, 2016
236 posts
7 Years
I'm pretty hype, though a bit of a gameplay trailer might've been nice. I'll probably get Sun, but it's a bit too early to say for certain.

I know one thing for certain, I'm catching a Pikachu on Pokemon Blue tomorrow and sending it through PokeBank to Sun. It's gonna be my Raichu :P
The Captain's Crew:

omeha

Male
Seen March 22nd, 2016
Posted March 13th, 2016
41 posts
6 Years
Just noticed that the game will be now available in Simplified and Traditional Chinese for the first time ever. Onward to the Pokémon world domination!

Though it does seem a bit depressing that even people can get salty over Sun and Moon... well, judging from another forum's reaction thread, that is.

Either way, well, I'm optimistic!
Yeah, me too..hoping to see a new generation of Pokemon come to light !!
...and definitelt not this..

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu

Age 28
Male
California
Seen May 16th, 2019
Posted May 16th, 2019
9,528 posts
7.7 Years
Judging from the concept art, it appears that our protagonist is going to look more like Red, but I wonder if the female protagonist will resemble Green/Leaf. I'll be waiting for GameXplain to do an analysis video on the trailer. With very little info about Sun & Moon, we may have to wait for next month's CoroCoro to get any info we desire.

Rukario

Banned

Somewhere in Ilex Forest
Seen April 6th, 2019
Posted March 17th, 2019
7,588 posts
17.9 Years
Well now.. this will be interesting, won't it?

omeha

Male
Seen March 22nd, 2016
Posted March 13th, 2016
41 posts
6 Years
Judging from the concept art, it appears that our protagonist is going to look more like Red, but I wonder if the female protagonist will resemble Green/Leaf. I'll be waiting for GameXplain to do an analysis video on the trailer. With very little info about Sun & Moon, we may have to wait for next month's CoroCoro to get any info we desire.
I just saw the concept art too....and guess what there seems to be a portable pokecenter there...here. have a look ->

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!

Age 34
Male
Seattle, WA
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
2,585 posts
8.2 Years
5 minutes before the Pokemon Direct started, I grabbed my Flareon plush, I was hugging hard of pure excitement, my heart pounding fast.

As soon as I heard the confirmation of the games name (Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon) my mouth made a large smile from ear to ear! After seeing that it will be released this year, I hugged my Flareon plush even harder, smile harder and jumped in my room for a few minutes.

The short brief glance of the concept art looks awesome.
(it will be time for me to start breeding my fox team once more)
I ♥ Foxes and Cats!! - art i drew myself
instead of 'Catch 'em All' for me would be "gotta Pet 'Em All"
check out my arts: Jyo Espy - my discord name changes often, numbers: #0363

~Platina's Jason~

Platina Fan to the 9th Degree~

Male
Snowpiont City, Sinnoh
Seen November 19th, 2016
Posted November 13th, 2016
168 posts
12.1 Years
Judging from the concept art, it appears that our protagonist is going to look more like Red, but I wonder if the female protagonist will resemble Green/Leaf.
That girl standing next to him looks a lot like Serena a well and could possibly be the female Player Character. Maybe we'll be following an older version of the RGBY/FRLG player character exploring the region if you choose to play as a guy and an older version of Serena if you choose to play as a girl?

Theme made by BinaryPeaches

Retro Bug

Seen July 18th, 2016
Posted May 27th, 2016
1,176 posts
12.1 Years
At least this was an easy summary to make considering we know next to nothing...

Still, we're getting a new game this year so I can't complain and we'll have more information soon enough.

"I'm ready for a nap..."
[YOU ARE CHALLENGED BY TIRED STUDENT RETRO BUG]
Pokémon:

The Meta Journey

Bay

Darkinium Z

Female
Dani California
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
5,973 posts
14.2 Years
I just saw the concept art too....and guess what there seems to be a portable pokecenter there...here. have a look ->

Huh, I didn't notice this before. This would really be neat if this were to happen.

Even if there isn't that much info, which I already expected, I'm pretty happy that we got an announcement of the new games! Very interested when more stuff will be revealed throughout the upcoming few months.

Foul Play
[Chapter Nine up!]

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu

Age 28
Male
California
Seen May 16th, 2019
Posted May 16th, 2019
9,528 posts
7.7 Years
That girl standing next to him looks a lot like Serena a well and could possibly be the female Player Character. Maybe we'll be following an older version of the RGBY/FRLG player character exploring the region if you choose to play as a guy and an older version of Serena if you choose to play as a girl?
I doubt it, that girl in the concept art looks like an NPC trainer.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy

Age 28
Female
UK
Seen December 31st, 2016
Posted May 14th, 2016
553 posts
4.7 Years
Yeah, me too..hoping to see a new generation of Pokemon come to light !!
...and definitelt not this..

Stunfisk probably welcomes death. I'd love to see a new generation too. There weren't many new additions in X/Y.
4656 - 9729 - 6391
CDB gone dun'd the adorable avatar
clicky here to drop by his shop

~Platina's Jason~

Platina Fan to the 9th Degree~

Male
Snowpiont City, Sinnoh
Seen November 19th, 2016
Posted November 13th, 2016
168 posts
12.1 Years
I doubt it, that girl in the concept art looks like an NPC trainer.
I guess? That still leaves the question of who the female Player Character is if it does turn out that the male Player Character is the one from RGBY/FRLG only older. I guess it could be the FRLG Player Character as well though that remains to be seen.

Theme made by BinaryPeaches

Arylett Charnoa

Bored.

Age 28
Female
MIANG Labs
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted October 18th, 2017
1,130 posts
6.5 Years
My interest in Pokemon has been waning since the poor show X and Y gave me, and my lack of true interest in Gen III. So I'm quite eager to move on from what I've perceived as a lackluster generation and go to something new. I hope that this generation will do better, and try to revolutionize the old and tired Pokemon formula by giving us something new. Whilst the trailer just basically tells me it's an anniversary celebration of the series, I still hope it introduces some interesting new concepts to frame all of this exploration of the series around.

Also, I like the names and logos, and find them to be pretty exciting in and of themselves.

Rivvon

Age 27
Female
USA
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
2,717 posts
13.3 Years
I wonder what the trailer narrator meant when he said that Sun & Moon will "bring [all the games] together" or something to that effect. I mean, theoretically, each new game should be improving upon the best features of the last, so aren't they all in essence "bringing everything together?" I don't think a "game with all regions" is particularly feasible, so I'm intrigued as to whether that sentence has any particular meaning or if it's just some generic jargon.