• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] I Am [M/IC]

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years

~ GM'd by aeternum ~

I Am...​

I see you've finally awaken, my brothers and sisters. I know these places and the people which surround you now may not appear familiar, but they remain the sole keepers of your legends. You have all slept for many years, and with time your tales have been altered, forgotten and abridged into religions of man. Your tales of heroism and of treachery, your highs and lows all were taken and made into guidelines and rules to live by for the masses. The effects of our fighting so long ago have been forgotten, mortal man has begun to fall into our footsteps. Our father leading them the whole way... The Machine Killer lived on, outside of my sight he has amassed his following and led humanity down this road. He alone is responsible for all that this world now is. He alone has forced his corruption upon our descendants, and together we must assure that he alone will fall.

But that's getting a little too far ahead of ourselves. For now my siblings, you must clean up the disaster that follows his wake. Your places of worship have been hidden from his sight through my power, but once you awake and retake your place in this world you will have no choice but to step up and fulfill the roles which you once lived. Learn from the men and women around you, help them and guide them through whatever hardships they may currently endure. And once you have regained both power and memory retake your place at my side so that we may end Father's tyranny once and for all.

And I pray, that none of you fall victim to his words. The power of of a powerful speaker can be stronger than that of a thousand armies. Do not allow yourselves to be tempted.

So how will the RP work?​

The story will progress in years. Each year your characters will learn about the world around you in whatever area you're currently in, and solve one of the many conflicts within that place (I will provide you a list of 3 or 4 things and you can choose to pursue one or two of them). Year one will be the beginning of the rp, starting you off by waking up in your respective temple to the singing our devout followers. You will start out with one simple power related to your name and will likely be seen as a simple party magician because of it.

With the progression of time and the solution of events becoming more and more complicated, such as stopping a country from deciding to bomb another country (or aiding it in its attempts if that's the route you'd prefer) so to will your powers. You will be allowed to give yourself a single new power at some point within each new year based both off of your character's title, how they've reacted to the events of the world around them and how you believe they've grown as a person in the face of it all. Of course, I'll still be here to check up on and make sure that you're not trying to go too OP from the start. But for the most part you can build and develop your character however you wish.

Killing other characters is really a big no-no for at least the first several years. Depending on the course of events and actions that each of you take, it may become an inevitability on down the line. But for now, you should just be worrying about why you can't remember anything or use any of the powers that your followers whisper about as you begin to walk among them.

And lastly, this RP will take place across the entirety of the present-ish day globe dealing with a variety of different conflicts ranging from small scale things such as trying to resolve a conflict between two color gangs to massive scale things such as attempting to prevent nuclear warfare on down the line. So don't feel as if you have to force yourself to interact with other characters for the first two years, but instead focus on your own character's interactions. In the first year they're basically babies just getting out into the world for their very first time. Everything will seem strange and exciting to them and at times may even prove to be too much and overwhelm them.

The Titles

The Ocean Walker​

I walked, I walked across the ocean
To the island of the dead
I climbed, I climbed the mighty tidal-wave
All other men have dread

I alone am standing
Standing in a world of silence

The tsunami and the hurricane
Bow down

I alone am standing

The tsunami and the hurricane
Bow down, bow down at my command
All the oceans, all the oceans filled with death
I have consumed in a single breath

I am the fountainhead
I am the fountainhead
I am the fountainhead
I'm bringing back the dead
I am the fountainhead
I am the fountainhead
I am the fountainhead
And I am bringing back the dead

The Sky Bearer​

I carried the sky on my back
I Caught it the day that it fell
All of the world had turned black
And stared into the mouth of hell

It crushed all the mountains and the tops of the trees
For a moment it even brought me to my knees
On my shoulders I lifted impossible weight
Up the mountains I bore unbearable freight

It was in silence that I arose
And in silence infinity closed
There are no words wasted
When death is tasted

IT WAS IN SILENCE THAT I AROSE
THERE ARE NO WORDS WASTED
When death is tasted

It was in silence that I arose
There are no words wasted
When death, when death is tasted

I Carried the sky on my back
All of the world had turned black
And stared into the mouth of hell
I bore unbearable freight

The Eye's Storm​

I cause chaos
and confusion
I put the sky in turmoil

I see the world as the sun does
I wreak havoc in a whirlwind
The wind is at my fingertips
And my voice is the lightning and the thunder

Destruction is my work
To obliterate your petty structures
Destruction is my work

To make your weak hearts quiver
To make you tremble
To create in you a sense of fear
To open your eyes to your desperation

Destruction is my work
Destruction is my work

Oh how I long for you to say,
"Consume my beating heart from within"
From within
From the inside
Tear me apart

Consume my beating heart
From within tear me apart
Consume my beating heart
From within
Tear me apart

The Time Bender​

Traversing the infinite
Transcending the evident
Watch as reality bends to my will

Navigating eternity
Dispatching uncertainty
Navigating eternity
Behold in my presence, time standing still

I am the future
I am the past
I have seen you breathe (breathe) your (your) last

Navigating eternity
Dispatching uncertainty
Navigating eternity
Behold in my presence, time standing still

I am the end, I am the start
I am holding your beating heart

Day is night
Dark is light
Eternally self-existent

Traversing the infinite
Transcending the evident
Watch as reality bends to my will

I am the future
I am the past
I have seen you breathe your last

The Weapon Breaker​

This is the day you die!

Murder, murder and hatred
Infliction, infliction of pain
And creation, creation of sorrow
Murder and hatred
Total annihilation

Destruction of souls that I've redeemed

Obliteration of lives that I've created

The scars of your lives
The sounds of your cries
Destruction, obliteration
The scars of your lives
The sounds of your cries
Destruction of the souls that I've redeemed

All these shall see their...
All these shall see their end

I will destroy your destructive desires
And nothing shall remain except
The life you live in me

All these shall see their end...

The War Ender​

I spoke to the heart of darkness
Let there be light
Let there (let there), let there be light
I spoke to the heart of darkness
I reached into the dead man's chest
And brought him back to life

I am the shock to the system
Reanimation is in my hand
I am he that buries men alive

I am the shock (I am the shock)
To the system
Reanimation is in my hands
I hold the keys (I hold the keys)
Of life and death

And nothing can stand against my plans
Nothing can stand against my plans

Buries men alive

Drowns them (drowns them)
And draws them out to thrive
I make the blood flow through your veins
I am the author (I am the author)
Of your final chapter

The bringer of life and bringer of pain

For a time there is war
So that war can yield peace
Despite the pain and disease
The trials and battles of life
The endless burden of strife
The final breath of these monsters
I will bring to pass

The final breath of these monsters
I will bring to pass

I lay in the ruins of the war machine
I conquer the conquering
War-ending angels I will deploy
The destroyer I will destroy

The Planet Maker​

I create beauty out of nothing
Majesty spins from my hands
Worlds take form, creation is torn
To make a new beginning

New life is my occupation
New creatures of My own creation
I make the things that need making
I wake the worlds that need waking

Creation is in my hands
To You my life I give
I make a perfect plan
To breathe the life into your skin
Creation is in my hands
To You my life I give
I make a perfect plan
To breathe life
To breath life into your skin

Creation is in my hands
To you my life I give
I make a perfect plan
To breathe life
Into your skin

I am the maker of the worlds
I am creator of the planets
I am the maker of the worlds
And I am the creator of the planets

Creation is in my hands
To breathe life into your skin

The Sun Eater​

With resolve I walked an untraveled path
In anguish endured, unspeakable wrath
I am the one who swallowed the sun
Who boldly declared the impossible done
Who boldly declared the impossible done

Perfection in mortal disguise
See it burning within my eyes

I am the light
I alone make the darkness bright

Darkness prevailed for an hour
Until I had consumed its power
Perfection in mortal disguise
See it burning within my eyes

I am the light
I alone make the darkness
I am the sun

I alone am the light
I alone make the darkness bright
I alone am the sun
For I am the omnipotent one

Name: What title are you taking?

Appearance:

Starting power: This should be something that defines you, it will be your most powerful ability by the end of the ten years and nobody else will have anything similar to it.

Starting country: One player, one country.

Roleplay Sample: An example of work you've done in the past.​

The Rules​

1. Follow PC and RPT rules.

2. This RP has an M rating. Violence, language, along with adult situations and darker concepts will be prevalent throughout this rp.

3. All titles are first come first serve.

4: If you would like to use The Emet as a plot device or just as someone to talk to then let me know ahead of time. Even as powerful beings it still takes time to travel across the entire globe.​

We Are

aeternum as The War Ender
Retro Bug as The Eye's Storm
Johnny Mustang as The Time Bender
Doge as The Sun Eater
Khawill as The Weapon Breaker
Loki as The Planet Maker
Godzil as The Sky Bearer
Foxrally as The Ocean Walker

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
The War Ender

Awakening

Awaking from a forgotten slumber, attire unfitting of environment. The tattered and torn dress hanging flush against bared knees, single breast threatening to escape from the top. Ruby red hair brushing against ankles, steel cuffs loosely dangling from bristly limbs. Bare feet step out onto icy land as exhaled breath turns to frost. A single snowflake falls, melting against olive skin. Hazel eyes pierce the heavens, their gaze inquisitive, her mind filled with wonder and excitement.

The temple behind her crumbles and falls as she steps forward to her followers. Each stares with eyes wide and jaw slacked, their queen awakened. Fairy tale turned to reality, their ancestors proven sane. The leader of the group stands and walks to the woman. She tugs on the single string of a torn top and then rushes back to her tent before returning with a full-length gown.

The fabric is silk, woven finer than she could have ever imagined. She rubs the dress between her fingers and her lips curve into a tight smile before she whispers, "Where did you get this?"

Her breath cuts through the silence, a warm breeze rolls over the campsite. The gentleness of her voice unexpected, yet soft and welcoming put her followers at ease. The stories they'd heard of her brothers and sisters of old, the wars they'd fought and the ferocity with which she led her people onto the battlefield. All of it seemed impossible when such a creature stood before them. Her entire being seemed to radiate benevolence, completely contrasting the stories they'd been told and passed down for ages.

"Did I say something wrong?" She whispered, her smile turning to a frown at their silence.

The elder shook her head violently. "OH! Oh no, not at all my lord. Forgive us, we've just heard so much about The War Ender... we just... you're really nothing like what we expected to be quite honest."

"The... War Ender?"

"Aye, that is the title that you go by is it not?"

"I... I can't remember. Everything seems... I feel so empty inside. My mind is blank and I can't remember anything... but The War Ender... it does sound somewhat familiar."

"Oh honey, no worries about that. You've been sleeping for over three thousand years, it's only natural that you would have amnesia... or is it? I'm not sure if gods follow the same rules as... hmm."

"Gods?"

"Ah yes. You are our god, or at least one of them. And that place which you just left was your temple of worship. Our family has passed down stories about you and worshiped you at the steps of this temple since you first started to rule over this planet many thousands of years ago. Of course your brothers and sisters, the other gods and goddesses which we worshiped are spread across the globe. And if you did actually come from that temple then it is possible that the others could be awaking as well..."

"Ugh... my head..." The goddess winced in pain and then curled up into a ball clutching at her temples. "It... hurts... AAAAHHH!" An ear deafening scream was let out, and as it passed through the air the snow turned to water and water to mist. The temperature rose twenty degrees and it seemed that the entire area had instantly turned from the middle of Winter to a temperate Summer.

After the outburst, The War Ender passed out, seemingly exhausted. Her followers grabbed her up and took her into one of the tents, praying over her body and placing warm towels over her head as they waited for her to awake. After all these years she had finally come to rejoin them, and here she was falling ill.

"I would have liked to prepare a feast to honor her arrival, but at the moment it seems that she would do better with some soup. Jimmeh! Do we got any Campbells in the car or anything?"

"No ma! But I seen some deer tracks not too long ago. If you send out Uncle Em and Mickie to collect some berries and seasonin's I'm sure we could make some though."

"Hell, it's better than nothin'. We can't have our goddess dyin' on us now when we've yet to even show her to anyone and prove she actually exists... Jimmeh get you're bow and go find one of them deer! Mickie and Uncle Em, you heard the boy! I'll go grab the pot and start boilin' some water while you're at it. We gotta succeed at this... there's no tellin' what'd happen if she just up and died after bein' asleep so long..."

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
The Ocean Walker
BWIXAJT.jpg

Awakening

I walked, I walked across the ocean
To the island of the dead
I climbed, I climbed the mighty tidal-wave
All other men have dread

I alone am standing

Silence.

He finds himself on an iceberg, floating on a flat, opaque ocean. No, wait - he is the iceberg. The sky above him a dirty white color, almost grey but not quite; the water below him a dirty grey color, almost black but not quite. Everything is still. He is only aware of his mind, his body, and the endless waves lapping onto his face. The endless waves that keep hitting... and hitting... licking at his face. The waves that seem to get grittier and slobberier with every splash, and are accompanied with an unpleasant smell of fish breath. Waves don't breathe.

And he awakes.

It took him a few minutes to open his eyes, which had been sealed shut by the frost. He looked up. A small igloo roof covered him and the canine companion that had awoken him. The dog, who had been sloppily cleaning him whimpered and pulled back in pain, its eyes wide open in spooked alarm. He found that its tongue had been plastered to his cheek from the instant layer of frost that had been formed on his skin, and felt a twang of guilt for causing the innocent creature to suffer. After a few seconds however, the frost melted and the dog's tongue was free, albeit red raw and bleeding. As the pup dashed out of the igloo - in fear or excitement, he had no idea - he noticed that he was draped with a heavy fur blanket, but with nothing underneath. To his right was a large jug covered in leather, and to his left was a dirty rag which was already half buried in the snow. He slowly reached out for the jug and took it, taking a tentative sip from the contents as he sat up. It seemed to be water, though it lacked any sort of taste. After a while of drinking copiously from the jug, he set it down and looked around, his lower body still covered by the blanket but his chest left bare to the cold. He felt surprisingly no cold at all, despite the wind howling outside and practically begging to burst into the igloo.

Surely the person who had brought him here would return - he couldn't simply go out wearing nothing. He massaged his head with his temples and laid down again. Ever since he had woken up, his headache was getting progressively worse, and his skull was on fire at the moment (ironically enough considering how cold it was). Suddenly he could hear footsteps outside; one moving at a slow, heavy pace and rest sounding more like patters and taps rather than actual footsteps. He watched as two dogs ran into the igloo; mindful of not touching him or any objects inside; followed by an elderly lady draped in a seemingly very heavy fur-covered dress. Soon after her came three more dogs, one of which he recognized as being poor frost-tongue. The old woman stepped towards his bed and slowly sat down on the snow next to him, with the help of the dogs.

"Angaginax." she said, leaning over his face. Strangely enough, he understood the meaning: Person. "Who are you?"

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, as if trying to remember. "I know not."

"Assiwarok." she said again. "You are lost." She took the jug he had been drinking from earlier and took a quick drink. "Your mind and body were both lost, but I have recovered one. Speak to me... Ocean Walker." As she spoke these last words, the quintet of dogs that had followed her all seemed to bow their heads in unison.

"The... Ocean Walker..." he echoed, murmuring the phrase over and over again. He did not notice the woman slowly cover his face with a warm towel, and his eyes slowly drooping as the world enclosed him back to sleep.

Years
The Sky Bearer

Awakening

Dreams had faded into darkness, and darkness gave way to light as eyes opened for the first time in millennia. The man breathed in a long, wheezing breath, the first air he'd tasted in a long time. He struggled to rise, gasping for breath, draped in decaying clothes of leather and fur. He managed to sit up, swinging his legs off the stone table he rested on, and pushed himself to his feet.

A woman gasped, rising to her feet in astonishment. The man hadn't noticed her silently praying nearby. He turned to her, taking a wobbly step forward, nearly falling from the weight of his clothes. As he struggled with them, the ancient leather fell apart around him, exposing his emaciated body and atrophied limbs. The woman turned and fled from the room.

The man fell to his knees, gasping for breath. Everything felt so heavy, like the weight of the world was on his shoulders, and it was crushing him. He clenched his fists and gritted his teeth, refusing to let the simple act of getting out of bed defeat him. His heart started beating faster, pumping more blood as his breathing became stronger, and he forced himself to rise to one knee. The woman from before returned, accompanied by a man, but both stopped in their tracks at the sight before them.

The Sky Bearer forced himself up, his atrophied limbs restoring before their eyes, his frail body regenerating into a hearty and hale whole. His breathing became regular, his heart beat at an average pace, and he seemed more comfortable with the weight on his broad shoulders. The pair looked at him in awe, and he looked at them in confusion.

"Who are you? Where are we? What's going on?" Despite just waking from a 3000 year nap, his voice is strong, low and smooth. The woman seems too distracted to answer, so the man with her speaks up as he steps forward, nervously removing his hat. "Richard MacLeod, and my wife Maggie, my Lord. We're in the temple, just south of Luss, on the shores of Loch Lomond. As for what's going on..." He glanced back at his wife, not sure what to say. "Something we thought would never happen. You've awakened!"

The man looked around in confusion at the "temple". A crumbling stone building, devoid of ornamentation, with only the stone table, some wooden benches, and a few candles. He idly reached out and took the hat from Richard's hands, placing it atop his own head. Richard snapped out of his shock, turning back to his wife. "Maggie, go back to the house and fetch us some clothes. The Sky Bearer can't go walking around in naught but his skin!"

Maggie nodded and ran out of the temple, while the Sky Bearer gripped Richard's shoulders, turning him around to face him. "What did you call me?"

"The Sky Bearer, my Lord." Richard stammered in surprise. "One of the old gods, alive after all these years! My family has watched over your temple for generations, watching you while you slept, waiting for the day you returned."

The Sky Bearer stepped back, hitting his legs against the stone table and sitting down on it. He felt pressure building up in his head, the weight on his shoulders increasing. "That... sounds right. I must be... the Sky Bearer..." He felt himself fading back into darkness, the weight on his shoulders seemed to fade as he layed back.

Richard stepped forward in alarm. "Sir, you just woke up! You can't go to sleep again so soon!" The Sky Bearer tiredly waved a hand, the cool stone feeling good against his head. "Just... give me thirty more minutes... maybe 60..."

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
The Eye's Storm
> Awaken in Venezuela
> Minor wind manipulation

She laid still on a slab of stone, so unmoving that even the breaths she took were so shallow they barely rose her chest. Flames flickered from nearby candles that surrounded the stone on which she laid. The sole piece of dark fabric she wore, a worn black frayed at the edges, clung to her stiff limbs as if it were damp. Her hands without warning clutched at the stone, her face turned to its side, and her eyelids revealed eyes filled with fury. She rose from her place of residence with confusion etched on her face. She drew her attention to her dress, her fingers running over the material, feeling each handwoven stitch and discovering the tear that revealed the side of her thigh.

Her eyes darted around the room where she noticed that the walls were made of stained glass on them depicted scenes some violent others peaceful. Each of them held the same focal point - a woman. She wondered if these were scenes of the past or of a future yet to come. Something inside her began to stir but she couldn't put a name to it. She couldn't put a name to herself or to this place, it was all foreign.

"Oh Dios mío," the voice startled her, her head swiveled toward the intruder. The flames on the candle all disappeared as if someone had simultaneously snuffed them all out. The woman bowed before her and kept moving her hands up in down like some act of admiration… or devotion. Why?

"I am…?" The language felt odd and unknown as it formed on her lips and danced off her tongue.

"Diosa, The Eye's Storm, nuestra diosa," the lady's eyes dared not to rest her eyes on her and her voice soften as each word passed through her lips. She sensed fear radiating from the women.

"Goddess," it sounded… fitting.

The Eye's Storm, however, truly clicked. She knew this name belonged to her. The question was why had she forgotten it to begin with? A series of voices chimed the name in her head almost like a chant. Were these people who she knew? None of them felt familiar, but even her own voice was a stranger.

"That's me," her hand flung forward, clumsy like a newborn fawn trying to stand. She hoped her thoughts, her memories would return but as time ticked on her head only worsen in pain. Only a nod was given in return, "Tell me, about me."

"You don't… you don't remember?"

"If I already knew would I have requested for it?" She snapped, releasing a portion of what had been stirring inside her. For some reason she felt a bit more at ease, she knew it was the direct result of her outburst.

"You were our anger, you were our pain. You upset the balance of the world so forcefully that it made a new balance. You were unstoppable. A gale of wind that couldn't be block. A storm that laid waste to all that opposed it. You were always your own category, your brothers and sisters be damned. They are also gods and goddesses to be worshiped in their own right. This is temple is made in your image to worship you, as we have for three thousand years while you slumbered."

She couldn't agree with the 'made in her image' because if dusty, ancient, and tacky was her image then she had a lot of self-remodeling to do. The amount of years she had remained in slumber, while did not know its true meaning, seemed like a long time. She was a goddess, a powerful goddess, but where was that power now? Why couldn't she remember being a goddess? Her brothers and sisters brought as much feeling to the surface as the women before her did - none. The only thing to come out of this was she could put a name to that feeling she had released earlier, to what was stirring inside of her. Thousands of years of deep-seated anger clawed at her being and beckoned to her with its arm outstretched.

The calm before the storm was over.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Dappled sunlight filtered through the cracks in the sliding doors, holes in the rice paper smoothed over their frames centuries ago illuminating the dust swirling through the air of an old wooden temple. Long lashes fluttered open as bird song and rustling leaves coaxed from slumber a long awaited goddess. But as she lifted her head, she found that she was quite alone in the peaceful scene, content to sit a moment longer in the smell of wood and dried flowers. It was comforting, that while she wasn't sure where she was or even who she was, this place seemed safe and warm. But dusty.

She sneezed, muscle memory giving her the delicacy to cover the mousey sound with her kimono sleeve.

"Soutarou!!" A gravel like voice suddenly thundered through the quiet, birds frightened into the sky by the threatening man's voice— and the awakened goddess jumped as the sliding doors slid open with a sharp clap of wood on wood. "How many times do I have to tell you not to go into the—!! ….." The sudden commotion fizzled as fast as it had erupted as an elderly man's eyes widened at the sight of the disheveled girl, her own hazel eyes wide with mild confusion. The stand off lasted for what seemed like an eternity until she finally tilted her head to the side, long black locks trailing down the silk of her moth eaten kimono.

The movement seemed to shock the man back into action as he gasped, dropping the broom in his gnarled hands and whirling around, "Oi!! Kanako!! Kanako, Soutarou!! Stop fooling around and come here-- quickly!!" He spun back around, hastily gathering the hem of his hakama to step over the wooden threshold and dropping to his knees before the young lady with more mobility than one might've expected from such an old man. Sitting upright in seiza with both hands on his knees, he bowed deeply and calmly. "Forgive me for my rudeness. I am Kaminaga Sougo, the 34th retainer of the Souzougami Shrine."

Her gaze flickered to the spring scene beyond him, behind the now opened doors—and coerced into a soft smile from the beautiful view, she crawled forward to the edge of the platform on which she had found herself much like a curious child. "Hello." She replied simply, unsure of what to say in return. She could not quite introduce herself, if she did not know her name, after all. Instead, she looked around once again, taking in the decorations hung about— "Where am I?"

The man did not raise his head, "Hai! This room is the grand altar in the main hall of the Souzougami Shrine- a secret temple constructed in your honor centuries ago by my ancestors. We are blessed by your grace."

"... In my honor?" The melodic voice seemed surprised, almost bemused, "I wonder what I've done to deserve all this~!" Ignoring his continued prostration, she got onto wobbly feet, stepping past him once she was secure in footing and staring out into the sunlit courtyard. The recently blossomed petals of pink and white twirled around in the breeze, falling softly like snow against a bright blue sky. Old man Kaminaga seemed to hesitate, head still boweed as he mused over whether that had been a rhetorical question. It could be a trick-- and he could anger her if he was not careful. But he straightened after she seemed intent on not saying anything more, turning to look over his shoulder.

"Are you… not the goddess of creation? My family has spoken for many years of your return- the creator of life, you are the planet maker! There's no doubt about it!"

She lowered her eyes from the dazzling sight before her, furrowing her brow and repeating his words. "... The Planet Maker… I see." It made sense, in the back of her mind. Like something she knew she understood on the surface, but did not fully grasp. Staring down at her hands, gray and dry from years of slumber, she wondered how she knew that he was right when she couldn't even recall making anything at all. The silence settled once again, as the old man seemed to be expecting something to happen from the goddess gazing so intently at her hands and so stilled himself in anticipation. When nothing did, he sheepishly got to his feet, hurrying over to the door again and gesturing for her to wait. "Er... For starters, perhaps we should find you some new clothes that aren't so dusty. Please forgive us for not doing so before your awakening, it-- it was rather unexpected."

The Planet Maker looked up, smiling kindly at the suggestion and not at all feeling the same embarrassment that the old man felt for himself at the excuses. "That would be lovely."

He nodded resolutely, bowing in turn before stepping over the threshold once again to shout with the gruffness of a grounchy elderly Japanese man, "Oi, Ka-na-ko!! Where are you!? This is hardly the time to be playing hide and seek, come here!!"

doge

???
Years
The Sun Eater

While the blood had entirely returned to his limbs, his movements were still stiff. A long slumber, while he had forgotten for how long that had been, tended to have some lasting effects. The clothes that had been left for him fit well. They were loose and comfortable, but the design seemed foreign to him, even if he could not picture this image of "normal" clothing. And the more he dwelled on this idea of normal clothing, the more he began to realize he could not picture anything, he could not remember anything. But there were certain things he knew. He knew he had woken up in a cave, he knew he craved for the sun, and he knew that sleeping in a cave was somehow below him. For now, he focused on these three thoughts, as they were the first thoughts that floated through his head.

When he had made his way out of the cave, the sun welcomed him, like it did when he woke. The sky was clear and blue, uninhabited except for the shimmering and lively star. It's presence folded his eyes and stuck him in place, he could not turn away from it. He stood there in silence, basking in the sun, and then the lyrics of a hymn broke the silence. It's words, although unknown to him, resonated in his ears.

Suddenly the song stopped, and a gasp replaced it. "My lord," whatever language it was, he could somehow understand it. "My lord, please follow me, we must hold a celebration for your return." The voice was excited and rushed; he would've thought it a child's if not for the croak and shiver of it. In curiosity, he peeked an eye at the source and witnessed an old man, dressed in clothes similar to his, bowing head and body at his feet.

The being standing above him smiled, amusement in his eyes. "I am your lord?" He inquired, stretching to the sun's rays. With every passing moment he stood under the light, he felt his body surging with energy. "Tell me, to what exactly do I owe this status?"

"While you may not remember, we, your followers do. You are our god, you are The Sun Eater. We have waited for your return for such a long, long time."

"The Sun Eater…" The words hung on his lips. They meant something to him, but he could not tell what, or why. "I, a God?" He asked.

"Yes, exactly as you say it," replied the man, still bowing.

He thought for a moment, and then smiled. "I do have an affinity for the sun, I suppose it is true." The Sun Eater reached out towards the sun, pretending to hold it in his palms, and swallowed it within his hands. "Would you care to tell me more?"

"Of course, my lord!" The old man rose and their eyes met. The Sun Eater felt the same warmth protruding from those eyes that he felt from the sun. "Please, follow me."

A short while later, The Sun Eater could see from below him a village. Its residents were hard at work, tending to the fields under the beating and hot rays. Although he knew not why, the sight brought joy to his eyes, there was a sense of familiarity looking on it. The old man turned for a moment to face him. "This," he pointed down below, "is our village. It is a humble place, but we have worshipped and waited for you with all our heart and soul. We will tell you everything you wish to know."​

Khawill

<3
Years
Nameless​
Weapon Breaker/Saudi Arabia/Angered

A Town Aflame

I wake up to a rumbling sound, almost like an earthquake, and laying on a well decorated mat. Dust falls on me, and I realize I'm underground, and the ground under me isn't what is shaking. I stand up, walking toward the only door in the room. As my senses begin to come back to me, I begin to hear yelling, screaming, and what sounds like a mix of small and large explosions. Violence a voice says in my mind, I keep moving through the dark corridors, my mind getting more and more fixated on the sounds above me. My heart rate races as I climb the stairs, the sounds getting louder, You're walking into a fight the voice says excitedly. I shake my head, "Shut up." I mutter, the sounds berating my ears, the sound of my heart beating loudly. "SHUT UP" I yell, opening the door.

Two men stand in front of me, three more dead on the ground with blood sprayed behind them. The two of them were holding weapons I'd never seen before, and they looked straight at me, point them at me. They want to kill you, look at their eyes. The voice says, Let them witness death! I grasp my head and scream, "Shut up!" I charge at the two men, their weapons firing projectiles at me, but not doing anything to me. I punch one hard in the face, I can hear a crack as he falls to the ground, the other pulls out a knife and lunges at me. I grab his arm and break it, taking his knife and plunging it into him. Things begin to quiet down, I hear a roar that begins to fade away into the distance, and suddenly there is only silence. I walk outside, the town in shambles, buildings blown in half, and some on fire. I look at the one I came out of, familiar, yet I can't remember how. I look around, lost and alone, surrounded by violence, tears running down my face.

I walk around the town, looking for survivors, putting out fires, gathering supplies. After an hour, I begin to give up on this town, but slowly I begin to hear voices. People begin coming out of hiding, a handful of survivors, women and men, all gathered in front of me. Ten survivors in total, weak and fearful. "He's awake." One of them mutters, "He's come to save this land…"

The group begins to become more lively, approaching me slowly, "Get away from me!" I command, all of them stopping immediately in their tracks, "Who are all of you? Where am I?"

"We are your devoted followers followers." A woman replies, "Al'Malik, King of Kings."

"I'm no king." I reply, clenching my fist, "And why would I have followers?"

"You are our god of course."

I take a breath, the violence around me becoming a distraction, "Who attacked this town and why?"

"Religious freedom isn't tolerated in Saudi Arabi." A man replies, "When the government caught wind of our small town, he ordered it destroyed."

"So all these people died because you all think I'm some kind of god?"

"We don't think so, lord." Another says, "We are absolutely certain."

My mind races with questions and thoughts, it feels like a nightmare, but the guilt I'm feeling was real, and my stomach lurched, it feels like I am about to throw up. "Well, I don't know about being anything more than a person, but we need to get to safety, do you think they will come back here?"

"Most certainly, you killed the two soldiers tasked with making sure the town was entirely destroyed. They'll send people within a few hours."

"Then let's leave this town, are there any safe ones nearby?"

"There's one a few miles south of here, I doubt it would attract the attention of the military." The woman says. "A lot of the inhabitants died of a disease, so there aren't many living there.

"Fine then," I say to the woman, "We'll follow you." I will save these people. I thought to myself, Why don't you kill the murderers too? The voice in my head added in. I grit my teeth, feeling my motivation burn as we head off.

Back