• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Pokemon Earth & Sky: Summer's Twilight[M][OOC][Open Positions][6/10]

Years

SOTbanner_zpsiyv9txkb.png

Plot

Lethia, a battleground for trainers and survivalist's alike. Fighting tooth and nail within the underground league of Earth and Sky. Each year passes, the devastating elite and the champion fight and fight competitor after competitor until one trainer survives his/her long ongoing battle against overwhelming odds and is granted one wish to be fulfilled at their request. While the prize is not as glamorous to many, there are few who would use the wish for greed, glory, youth, discovery, answers or to even resurrect a being they lost years ago.

Though this age is when Earth and Sky was roughly trying to get off the ground; attempting to talk to the Pokemon League Committee to setup a gym in the small town living off the edge of the perilous region. The Pokemon League Committee since then denied their right to be apart of the Pokemon League and the small town has been working underground to establish a new league based in order to attract trainers and businesses to help stabilize their small home in Lethia. You are trainer who has been invited to take part in the experimental Pokemon League, Earth and Sky, setup in the Lethia Region.

Rules

1- Like before, be fair in combat, this league is based on survival, so take into account your health and your team's health when making posts.
2- If you have any questions, PM me or post them, Ill update this first post as frequent as I get information.
3- You may be able to form a team of 2-5 people
4- On each team, there must be one leader that decides most of the decisions in terms of travel, jobs, camp duties when camping out or larger complex team fight that requires constant teamwork. In terms of individual battles, individual survival or private matters, each team mate may make his or her own decision and are free to ignore direction from their team leader to what they see more fit. This rule only applies to teams of 3 people or more.
5- Newcomers may join a team of their preference.
6- If the current team leader is becoming 'a pain,' difficult to operate under or having issues with seeing eye to eye, one or more of the following actions may be followed. *Take a vote to change team leaders.
*Vote to 'boot' said leader and vote on a new one.
*Leave the current team and join an alternative team.
*Split from the team to form your own, taking along with you any other member that agrees with your view.
7- Individuals who violate the rules will be dealt with depending on the severity of the case.
8- Follow Pokecommunity's ToS.
9- Be mature. Especially if your team leader.
10- Be fair.
11- The RP is rated M.

Trainer Profile; Setup

Name: [First Name] [Last Name]
Sex: [Male/Female]
Apperance: [Optional]
Bio: [History, Basic Backstory]

Pokemon Team
Pokemon Team Rules
1. No legendary pokemon on any team; no special exceptions.
2. Each pokemon within your team can have no more than 4 moves through out the course of the RP, learning new moves is acceptable, however you need to replace one if you have 4 already.
3. The moves must be taught within reason based on the games, by trainer, TM, HM or by leveling naturally.
4. Rules on Evolution; your beginning team into the RP can only be stage 2 evolution or lower. They can evolve later on within the RP or a later stage pokemon evolution can be captured.
Examples of stage 2 evolved pokemon are; Haunter, Lucario, Raichu, Ivysaur and so on.

Name: [Nickname, or just call them by their species, either one is fine]
Species:
Sex: [Optional, recommended though.]
Pokemon Move Set: [4 moves]

-Positions are Limited-

For once, I'm not joining in the story, rather, I'm going to act as the force to be reckoned with; the antagonists. I'm only going to accept up to 10 trainers into the role play, once there are at least 5, I'll post the IC and we can get started, including a method to inject the participants into the roleplay and allow people to enter the RP and take part in the events to come at their own pace.

If a participant decides they want to drop out of the RP because it's not fun, life, issues or too much of anything, they can contact me so I can remove them from the roster and allow someone else to join in. The RP can still be joined in as long as there is an opening.

Your profile must meet with the team setup rules and must be approved, no exceptions. If anything is overlooked, your profile will be discarded and you can't join unless you make the proper edits. When edits are made and they follow the rules provided, they'll be accepted afterwards.

If anyone asks why I'm running for the antagonists side? It's because every time I've joined the Heroes side, the RP's I've run as game master we're always too easy or too flimsy, mostly going easy on myself and the other players. You could say I'm experimenting by going the other way around and seeing if I can make better progress on making this into a survival based RP.

-Profiles In-
Jackson Sullivan - Jbsundown : 3/23/2016

Ariella Snow - SingSongBirdy : 3/24/2016

Kayla Ankheg - Xtrashy : 3/26/2016

Tony O'Shea, AKA. "Shadow" - FireSnow : 3/26/2016

Bennett Richardson, AKA. "Brick" - Godzil : 3/27/2016

Jayna Morestead - STARDUST : 3/29/2016

~Lethia Herb Book~

Spoiler:

Mob Battle Rules

Basics

1- In Earth and Sky, each battle starts off with an Orange Battle Post and I will continue to post like this until the battle ends.

2- Depending on which pokemon you have out story wise will be immediately thrust into battle. Having more pokemon out in battle increases the odds you have of winning

3- The outcome is determined by the attacks you use with your pokemon and how you use them in the battle field. When you attack, you will be attempting to bring the Hit Points down. I will be using dice rolls and I do not play favorites here. Each post of combat you make, I make a random dice roll and apply the damage rolled to the Hit Points of the opposing Pokemon currently in play.

4- If you still have pokemon in reserve (pokeballs), you can release them mid fight, but you can only release 1 per attack post you make, the released pokemon cannot even be included in the attack on the post you call for him/her until your next post. This rule can be ignored if you have no pokemon in play and a battle begins; you can pick (1) pokemon to fight with at the start of battle, ignoring the penalty. The penalty applies on your nexxt combat post.

5- Trainers playing in the RP do not have Hit Points, rather, you have time. The more time you take to finish a fight, the more taxing I will make things for your characters story wise and will intentionally injure a pokemon.

6- Injured pokemon that do not properly heal are counted as "Restricted Pokemon." Thus you can not use them in a mob fight.

7- Environment shows objects you can use in your posts when you use them to fight, Depending on how you use them will determine certain bonuses which can apply towards the opposing trainers you are confronting. This means I can add extra damage to your rolls or I can remove a Pokemon from the restricted list, allowing them to fight once more. It is possible to CREATE environmental opportunities, so long as you take the time to make them or think of a way to make them.

8- Aid is nothing more but your local GM giving a hand when a hand is needed, like this tutorial fight. When I post a battle update, the Aid will make their own attacks apply towards your opponents.

9- You cannot double post; Once an attack is made, you need to either wait for someone to finish up their next attack post or wait for me to post a combat update.

10- Elemental attacks based on the moveset you picked, along with your pokemons weaknesses and resistances will apply to fights, pick how you use your moves carefully.

Last edited:
Years

~Updated~​
**Starting Inventory Removed from Setup
**Team Registration Available for Antagonists; expands 10 trainer limit.
**Updated first post to look more appealing
**Taking Requests to improve this iteration of E&S, including sign-ups.

Years
I would be interested in this. I'll begin working on my SU and edit this post when it is done!
Here we go:

Sign-Up

Jackson Sullivan, 18

latest

Name:
Jackson Sullivan​
Sex:
Male​
Apperance:
Jackson is a caucasian male whom stands at 6"0(182cm) and weighs about 153lbs(70kg). Jackson has dark brown hair, but in the light it becomes a slightly lighter brown which people occasionaly mistake for a slight red tinge.
Typically Jackson is seen wearing a shirt and tie which he covers with a long, dark trench coat. Jackson likes to look smart yet is ready for almost every situation thanks to his attire. Jackson is seen wearing a silver watch on his right wrist that was a gift from his late grandmother on his 11th birthday.​
Bio:
Jackson wasn't really anything that special before being seleced for the Lethia region's new league. He lost his parents in early life and was looked after by his grandmother until he was 16 when she passed away from illness. Since that time Jackson had taken over the family shop repairing pokéballs. It wasn't much but if gave Jackson enough money to be able to live relatively comfortably. Jackson's pokémon experience was fairly limited but he had good bonds with his pokémon and they often helped him around the shop. His pokémon had essentially become his family in recent years and his lucario had been his father's pokemon way back when he was alive. Jackson was always calm and never showed anger, especially towards pokémon. Jackson's friends would say that we was a reliable person who would always consider the options available to him before making a choice and that he would always be looking out for his friends.​

The Team

lucario_by_silonadow-d9jw3hq.gif

Name:
Donnie
Species:
Lucario
Sex:
Male
Pokemon Move Set:
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere
Close Combat
Stone Edge

latest

Name:
Mui
Species:
Dratini
Sex:
Female
Pokemon Move Set:
Slam
Ice Beam
Dragon Tail

nidorinoplz.gif

Name:
Bruce
Species:
Nidorino
Sex:
Male
Pokemon Move Set:
Horn Attack
Poison Jab
Double Kick
Dig

never-ending-flames.gif

Name:
Typhoon
Species:
Cyndaquil
Sex:
Male
Pokemon Move Set:
Flame Wheel
Quick Attack
Tackle
Ember

swellow.gif.v.Zf7Rb9WuW6A6wLcxDrj9uw

Name:
June
Species:
Swellow
Sex:
Female
Pokemon Move Set:
Aerial Ace
Steel Wing
Air Slash
Fly​

Last edited:
Years
Name: Ariella Snow

Sex: Female

Appearance: Ariella is a white female that has a bit of a tan on her ivory skin. She stands at 5'3'' and weighs about 120 pounds. His has long curly black hair that ends just past her mid chest and big expressive blue eyes. She wears a navy blue shirt what ends at her hips and falls over her shoulder it is decorated in pastel green, blue and purple jelly beans,with a light blue bow on her front, with a lighter blue tank underneath. She wears a grey and black button up jacket with a collar and cuffs. with a red puffy skirt with white accents and bows with gold buttons and lace trim with a grey petticoat underneath. She wears red leggings with small white hearts on the tops and soles of the socks, she wears black combat boots with bows on the side on them.

Bio: Born to a Pokemon trainer and breeder, and lived fairly well off, Ariella took an interest in her mother's line of work of being a Trainer and soon followed them on a new trek around town. This is where she got Mabelle as a pet by her mother, but the pet part fell on deaf ears as she trained the murkrow and on her 15th birthday she got a dusk stone to evolve her in Honchkrow, She waited, however, during some time when she was 18 she finally evolved her beloved pet. now she's taking on her own adventure and hopefully she'll find her own path.

430.gif

Name: Mabelle
Species: Honchkrow
Pokemon Move Set:
Night Slash
Brave Bird
Psychic
Taunt

577.gif

Name: Melody
Species: Solosis
Pokemon Move Set:
Flash Cannon
Psyshock
Recover
Calm Mind

429.gif

Name: Fantasy
Species: Mismagius
Pokemon Move Set:
Mystical Fire
Phatom Force
Magical Leaf
Charge Beam

704.gif

Name: Bounce
Species:Goomy
Sex: Male
Pokemon Move Set:
Bubble
Absorb
Dragon Breath
Rain Dance

678-f.gif

Name: Duchess
Species: Meowstic
Pokemon Move Set:
Disarming Voice
Shadow Ball
Psyshock
Light Screen

133.gif

Name: Everlynn
Species: Eevee
Pokemon Move Set:
Swift
Bite
Quick Attack
Baby-Doll Eyes

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Hey. It's been long since i saw this. I am not sure if i am in or not.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I'm going to act purely as the antagonists and going hardcore on those joining...well, easy at first, then hardcore.

Should i join in, create a character and actually have a plot and do things correctly this time? Yes, i have been improving my skills.

Xtrashy

Shy - Like really shy, super shy, like, extra shy.
Years
Name: Kayla Ankheg

Apperance: 4' 9" Pale complexion, weighs 113 pounds. Has curly chestnut brown hair with blond highlights reaching down just above her tailbone. Her eyes are a deep brown color, and she has a small button nose. She wears a yellow polo shirt with a pocket over the left breast reaching down to her waist. She wears an elongated blue skirt with pockets around the entire hem, and underneath is bright orange leggings, and on her feet are tan flip flops with teal accents along the side of them.

Bio: Kayla was the daughter of two regular old folks. Her mother and father we're not avid pokemon trainers in their day, and never really pursued paths that dealt with pokemon in any consistent regard. Though they did have a few pet pokemon, mainly an Espeon and a Persian. On her tenth birthday she received a root fossil from her mother, due to her slight interest in rocks and minerals, all things gem like and such. After a long period of training and raising she found herself embarking on a journey she was somewhat anxious about. Always headstrong with her pokemon around her, shying away from most people normally.

346.png

Name: Flora
Species: Cradilly
Ability: Storm Drain
Pokemon Move Set:
Ingrain
Giga Drain
Brine
Confuse Ray

052.png

Name: Snyow
Species: Meowth
Ability: Technician
Pokemon Move Set:
Fake Out
Bite
Last Resort
Screech
200_s.gif

Name: Tizzy
Species: Eevee
Ability: Anticipation
Pokemon Move Set:
Synchronoise
Baby Doll Eyes
Quick Attack
Bite

290.png

Name: Sicle
Species: Nincada
Ability: Compound Eyes
Pokemon Move Set:
Bug Bite
Metal Claw
Fury Swipes
Harden

tumblr_mx18ilSv0x1rv6iido2_250.gif

Name: Twilu
Species: Golbat
Ability: Inner Focus
Pokemon Move Set:
Wing Attack
Poison Fang
Bite
Swift

(Question, are abilities for the pokemon important?)

Last edited:
Years

XTrashy ~ Profile has been reviewed; you've been accepted.

Answer, Yes. This is a survival RP. You will be given challenges that either you need to solve or your pokemon.

An example, you have a fire pokemon, you need a fire type to start a fire to keep you warm during the night and scare of territorial predator pokemon. I could put you in mortal danger such as being pushed off a cliff, your Cradilly probably needs to use ingrain to root itself into the wall to keep you from falling to your death. I won't do anything dangerous like this however right now at the start; but I will put you in situations that will threaten your characters well being and you will need to solve your way out of it.

By having a limited move-set, you have fewer options to work with and need to come up with something creative to get out of it.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years

ikki-anime-guys-3037410-499-789.jpg

TONY "SHADOW" O'SHEA

Name: Tony "Shadow" O'Shea
Appearance: (Additional information with above picture) Standing at 6'2, Tony looms over most people he meets though he sports a wiry frame as he is only 135 pounds. To finish off his wardrobe, he carries a a light backpack on him to hold any necessities as well as a light full-zip jacket for the colder nights and he wears light gray, athletic sweatpants for easy maneuvering.
Bio: Tony is the 4th child of Margaret and Bill O'Shea. Growing up, Tony had to deal with his 3 older brothers who always picked on him, often forcing Tony to have to fend for himself. He lead a rough life and was always in his brothers' shadows, always doing the same activities as them, his nickname eventually becoming Shadow as he always seemed to follow his brothers around. Then an opportunity to distinguish himself from his family arose. The Lethia League. Tony had heard stories about this league but didn't know much about it other than it was a dangerous journey. With that he set out to prepare and to prove himself to his family that he was his own person. His family thought he was crazy but that only fueled Tony on. The going was tough at first as he needed some Pokemon but he wasn't sure how to catch one. As he traveled he soon met a feisty Elekid. Bonding with the little electric type, Tony was then ready for whatever adventures and dangers were to come.

electabuzz.gif

Nickname: Sparks
Species: Electabuzz
Moves: Thunderpunch, Light Screen, Thunder Wave, Low Kick

rhyhorn.gif

Nickname: Crash
Species: Rhyhorn
Moves: Horn Attack, Stomp, Bulldoze, Rock Blast

fletchinder.gif

Nickname: Talia
Species: Fletchinder
Moves: Flame Charge, Ember, Peck, Roost

heracross.gif

Nickname: Butch
Species: Heracross
Moves: Leer, Brick Break, Night Slash, Aerial Ace

Years
Name: Bennett "Brick" Richardson

Appearance: Brick is a big guy, six feet tall and weighing 250 pounds, although he's admittedly put on some extra weight since becoming a Trainer. His skin is dark, his eyes are blue, and although he's gone prematurely bald, he has a light beard of brown hair. He usually wears green coveralls, with black boots and gloves, and a white bandana tied around his head. Occasionally he'll pull down the top half of his coveralls, tying it around his waist and revealing a simple white tank top underneath.

Spoiler:

Bio: Young Bennett grew up in a town with only two options for his future: leave on a journey or work in the mine. His father, Kevin, gave him a Machop, hoping Ben would go travel, but instead he chose to stay, so he could work in the mines with his dad. Kevin tried to be supportive, but wanted more for his son, and when Brick was eighteen, Kevin attempted a grand but poorly thought out heist so the two could leave town. The ensuing damage not only got Kevin arrested, but the mine closed down for at least a year for repairs. Brick took it upon himself to get the money to free his father, setting his sights on the Pokemon League.

4dFGQmA.png

Name: Hercule
Species: Machoke
Pokemon Move Set: Strength, Knock Off, Ice Punch, Brick Break

dixQuKL.png

Name: Robo
Species: Golurk
Sex: None
Pokemon Move Set: Shadow Punch, Drain Punch, Fire Punch, Fly

ehzVDND.png

Name: Tyrone
Species: Tyrantrum
Pokemon Move Set: Crunch, Dragon Claw, Poison Fang, Stealth Rock

TJv00Mf.png

Name: Mika
Species: Pikachu
Pokemon Move Set: Shock Wave, Quick Attack, Thunder Punch, Thunderbolt

Years

Godzil ~ Profile has been reviewed; you've been accepted.

5/10 profiles have been accepted.

Updating Profiles In.

Writing & Posting the IC.

Sending "Lethia" Invites to profiles In once IC is submitted to Moderators.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I may join. So yeah, i just need to now study things correctly and i am ready to go. Oh and some time.

Years
Alright, this seems dark and interesting enough for me to join. I'll try to have an SU up by later tonight.

Annie-Final.png

Jayna Morestead

19 // Female

Appearance: Jayna prefers dull and faded tones, mostly light browns. She has a brown jacket she wars pretty much everywhere, only taking it off when its absurdly hot. She likes to keep her short blond hair up in a bun on the back of her head, keeping it out of the way, finding that hair getting in her face while working is probably the most irritating thing for her. She is relatively average in terms of build, standing at about 5'7", or about 1.7 meters, and around 130 lbs (~60 kg). She is fairly fit, working outside most of the time, and has a decent tan.

Bio: Jayna is the only child of a well respected archaeologist. Her mother and father had a short but very happy marriage, but unfortunately due to complications in the birth, her mother died a couple weeks after Jayna was born. Her father, Rod Morestead, went into a period of deep depression, turning to alcohol and other means to ease the passing of his young wife. The only thing that brought him out of that depression was his daughter, and his love for her. He went on to raise the girl himself, never finding himself another wife, but instead directed all of his love toward her.

Being an archaeologist, Jayna's father moved around quite a bit, relocating to whatever dig caught his eye. She moved around with him, never going to any formal school, but instead going through homeschool with her father to help her. She took great interest in her father's work, pursuing her own studies in the field as well as helping out her father whenever he would allow it. However, at one dig quite recently, her father was investigating a set of ruins that were known to have connections to the Unown. While working there, he mysteriously disappeared. No matter how hard she tried, Jayna could not find him, nor replicate any of the strange circumstances that led to his strange disappearance. She received an invitation to attend the Underground League, and hopes to win, using the one wish in order to find her father and bring him back.

388.gif
123f.gif
478.gif
323f.gif
131.gif

Name: Cephus
Species: Grotle
Pokemon Move Set: Earth Power, Bite, Mega Drain, Iron Tail

Name: Brandr
Species: Scyther
Pokemon Move Set: Double Team, X-Scissor, Air Slash, Night Slash

Name: Hel
Species: Froslass
Pokemon Move Set: Spikes, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray

Name: Kagu
Species: Camerupt
Pokemon Move Set: Eruption, Magnitude, Stone Edge, Iron Head

Name: Nesoi
Species: Lapras
Pokemon Move Set: Rest, Waterfall, Ice Shard, Sleep Talk

Last edited:
Years
STARDUST ~ Profile has been reviewed; you've been accepted.

You may post into the IC as you wish: You can be waiting inn line and board the S.S. Aurum Piscis or on it, You may take your pick.

You'll be sent your Immersive PM 'invite' later on.

Back