• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Pokemon Earth & Sky: Summer's Twilight[M][OOC][Open Positions][6/10]

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    The central mechanic for this roleplay is pretty eye-catching, and I like the survival aspect you're incorporating as well. I was interesting in applying but the overall plot and additional details come across as very vague. Mind if I ask a few questions for clarification?

First off, what exactly is Lethia? A "perilous" region with a legend of some sort, yes, but where is it? What is it like, in any regard? I picked up very little about the roleplay's central location whilst scanning the thread. I take it it's a mysterious place, but even so I would appreciate a sort of overview.

Secondly, the detail about the "one pure wish"... what is its relevance to the characters? I assumed at first it would be a main aspiration for many of us, but then you go on to evaluate how Earth and Sky hasn't even been established yet and how our Trainers have been "invited under odd circumstances", so the likelihood of them knowing about this "wish" is probably slim. Furthermore, in what position would the "elite" and champion have to be to be able to grant such a wish? I assume they would play a role different than the Elite Four and Champion in the main series Pokemon games? Overall, the details about the "wish" come across as a peculiar throwaway detail.

Finally, the remainder of the Plot section:
    "Though this age is when Earth and Sky was roughly trying to get off the ground; attempting to talk to the Pokemon League committee to setup a gym in the small town living off the edge of the perilous region. The committee since then denied their right to be apart of the Pokemon league and the region has been working underground to establish a new league based on the local legends of Lethia and the creature that carries them."
    This is probably the most critical of the background information provided and I really can't make sense of it. Can you please evaluate on it? I'm having a terribly hard time differentiating between the committee, 'Earth and Sky', and the region of Lethia itself...?

Years
  • I've run the RP for a long time here; though I suppose I should make things more clear. This is a copy-paste from the last iteration I ran with only a few edits so please forgive me; I'll try to clear up as much as I can.

First off, what exactly is Lethia? A "perilous" region with a legend of some sort, yes, but where is it? What is it like, in any regard? I picked up very little about the roleplay's central location whilst scanning the thread. I take it it's a mysterious place, but even so I would appreciate a sort of overview.

Lethia is a new region that inhabits a wide variety of pokemon that are more wild and problematic for the average human to deal with. It has a lot of unexplored territory and foreign objects you won't find in the games, manga or show; as far as my knowledge runs.

A large variety of the pokemon within this region are more attack first and ask questions later if they feel their territory or their safety is in jeopardy and will attack trainers on sight, even if the trainer does not see whats coming to them. Others in the region are more organized, though spoiling what they're after would be ruining some mystery's to the RP already.

As for the region, there is only 1 local human settlement where the trainers are heading now while the rest of the region is just pure wilderness from volcanoes to rainforests to swamps and so on. Logic does not follow well in a handful of areas in Lethia, creating different challenges for you and your team, so bear with it if able.

Secondly, the detail about the "one pure wish"... what is its relevance to the characters? I assumed at first it would be a main aspiration for many of us, but then you go on to evaluate how Earth and Sky hasn't even been established yet and how our Trainers have been "invited under odd circumstances", so the likelihood of them knowing about this "wish" is probably slim. Furthermore, in what position would the "elite" and champion have to be to be able to grant such a wish? I assume they would play a role different than the Elite Four and Champion in the main series Pokemon games? Overall, the details about the "wish" come across as a peculiar throwaway detail.

The wish is basically what it is. If you beat the elite 4 and the champion, you get a wish and the league, or those who run it, does everything in their power to grant it. For something more impossible, there is a pokemon added to the roster with power that could rival Arcues; this creature can grant something much more far-feteched and in the realm of fantasy.

As far as the invites go; that wasn't always the case. The first set of iterations to Earth and Sky we're setup in the sense where trainers would have to fight league proctors to be even allowed to participate. I had to scrap this just this once because while I'm setting things up story wise; I'm still trying to setup how to handle fighting between me and the other trainers. I have a lot planned, but I'll only see how it works when this goes into practice so I know where I can make my adjustments; that and most of the battles I have planned are mob vs. mob; not one on one.

Finally, the remainder of the Plot section:
    "Though this age is when Earth and Sky was roughly trying to get off the ground; attempting to talk to the Pokemon League committee to setup a gym in the small town living off the edge of the perilous region. The committee since then denied their right to be apart of the Pokemon league and the region has been working underground to establish a new league based on the local legends of Lethia and the creature that carries them."
    This is probably the most critical of the background information provided and I really can't make sense of it. Can you please evaluate on it? I'm having a terribly hard time differentiating between the committee, 'Earth and Sky', and the region of Lethia itself...?

Lethia = Region.
    Earth and Sky = Competition name. Such as the Orange Island League from the pokemon show in a sense.
    The 'comittee' being the pokemon league comittee in the second sentence; though I need help with my grammar most of the time so I should be more specific.

The creature that carries is the fantasy creature made up for the region.
    I hope this clears up most of the confusion. I'll have to edit the header at some point in the future to make more sense, apologies.

Last edited:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Hey, no worries! Thank you very much for the in-depth response. The original post would definitely benefit from all of that information, especially the details about Lethia itself.

But really, after reviewing the other applications, I can't bring myself to join. My sign-up was originally here but I'm withdrawing it. There are far too many inconsistencies amongst the other characters. We have characters that have aspired to challenge the league from the beginning despite the whole thing practically being a prototype. The majority of characters are beginners looking for a "fun journey" in a region described as perilous and untamed, that or they're essentially nobodies who likely wouldn't be heard of enough to receive any important invitation. I really can't see my own character fitting into such a thrown-about cast.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sorry to hear that, though I got a glimpse of your profile and it was acceptable. Sorry to disappoint you but I hope you enjoy reading the IC.

Years
  • Hey, I might be another day or two before I get my post up. Uni kind of kicked me in the butt with a big project. If I do finish today I'll try to put up a post ASAP. Otherwise early tomorrow I hope. Or if I decide to procrastinate...which I am doing now...

Alright, posted! Sorry about the delay on that Quto.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Tis fine man, I ain't gonna complain much, just show me your still taking interest so far and you still are. I appreciate it. :)

Not to be an ass to everyone, buuuuuuuuuuut, FIRST MOB BATTLE IS SETUP! Move in to FIGHT PEOPLE!

Please read the tutorial in the main post up at the top here in the OOC; Or read the tutorial in the main IC. I prefer the OOC since I the rules are a little more defined.

Last edited:
    Years
  • If noone approves of doing battles, please just say so; Instead of ignoring the problem.

Because right now, I don't know how else to handle this.
    If I take out all the bits that force the trainers to be challenged, then it isn't something based for survival.

I also know not a lot of people care for the fighting I've setup, but I can't include javascript into post's for various reasons; mostly because I'm no mod or admin to keep something in the like running and I'm pretty sure they don't trust me enough, or anyone enough, to let something in the same category run. The same thing goes about with the Python bot I built. I built a successful bot to make post's for itself on it's own account to react to different elements in a topic or user's post. Including a post time, how frequently it could post and so on.

The downside though is If I release the bot; what other uses people would use it for. To troll, post ads among other crap and that alone would cause trouble for the mods, admins and myself; taking responsibility to make something for fun and the hell of it and instead, turn it into a tool for malicious Black Hat Hackers and businesses trying to cram their shitty product onto us.

Otherwise, I'm sorry.

Years
  • Considering noone else is responding to the pirates, the RP is trashed before anyone reached the island.... Except Fire Snow, He would get my reward for sticking with it.

Back