• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VGPOTW s2 #5 - Running out of Steam

How many games did you buy in the Steam Summer Sale this year?

• None

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 1 - 5

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 6 - 10

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 11 - 15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 16 - 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 20

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

pkmin3033

Welcome to Season Two of VGPOTW! With permission from our friendly neighbourhood moderator machomuu, and the blessings of original creator El Heroe Oscuro, Video Games will once again be hosting a weekly series that pits certain video game characters, levels, and universes against one other to see which one will come out on top! This time around we'll also have some general polls to mix things up a bit, and maybe a few other things besides. So, in the words immortalised by Square Enix: please be excited!

If you have a match-up that you would like to see, whether between video game characters or worlds/universes, send me a VM or PM and I'll take note of it, and somewhen in the not-too-distant future your idea could be the feature for the week!

Also, remember the Golden Rule: expanding on your choice is fun! Don't just tell us what you voted for, tell us why you voted for it, as well as anything else you think might be relevant! Discussion is the name of the game here, people~

So, here's our poll of the week question!

How many games did you buy in the Steam Summer Sale this year?

Years
    This was my first Steam Summer Sale, and I bought 7 games for a total of about 30 dollars. Not too bad I guess. If I still had an income, I probably would have ended up splurging at least double that amount. xD

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    None. Might never buy a game from Steam again because of recent events that came to light.

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    Hmm.. counting games that I've gotten for others; Titan Souls (2x), Hyper Light Drifter, Slime Rancher, Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight, A Healer Only Lives Twice, Fairy Fencer F, Disgaea PC, Dark Souls, Stardew Valley.. so that'd be 10.

Heh, didn't actually buy something for myself in the sale. some wonderful people were really sweet and bought me some games though. and some pretty damn good ones at that.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    I only bought from within the 1-5 range (4) mainly since I am still saving up on money after I've spent a worthy fortune on Overwatch. However, some games had some really good sales. Left 4 Dead collection was something that i needed, then Red Faction, then Borderlands 2, which I am playing right now. So that's only 4 games, and at least its all manly ones.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Since I'm in a hurry:
    The Witcher 3
    Huniecam Studio
    Dark Souls 3
    RWBY
    Disgaea PC
    Tales of Zestiria
    And 12 other non-descript games.

That puts me at 18. Couples with games I added from other sources:
    Ara Fell
    Zack Zero

And gifted games...won't be mentioned. But that'd definitely put me at the 20+ mark, coupled with the others.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
    Well, I originally intended to only get one thing, but let's be honest here, when it comes to the Summer Sale, one game isn't happening.

Fable Anniversary
    GTA 3
    GTA 4
    GTA: Episodes from Liberty City
    GTA San Andreas
    GTA Vice City
    Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1-3
    Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst
    Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
    Saints Row 2
    Saints Row IV
    South Park: The Stick of Truth

Yeaaaah, I kinda splurged a bit. I have 40 games now, and that's mostly the fault of the Steam Holiday Sale that snuck up on me shortly after I got my Elgato. I'm a sucker for deals, I swear :P

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
    If we're not counting DLCs then I only got one game during the sale - Stellaris. (I nabbed RPG Maker XP as well, which I might play around with during my long summer, but that doesn't really count as a game.)

I also bought Civilization V with all the DLC (which normally costs somewhere in the region of ?100, but I managed to get it for ~?8 - ?9 during the sale!!!) for my brother so that he could play with me and my dad. Also had enough money on my Steam acc to get the DLC I was missing too.

Bought Don't Starve: Shipwrecked the other day as well, but this was after the sale ended :(

Also, hi there VG! I crawled out of the UG because it's dead :x

Back