bobandbill

one more time

Male
A cape
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 17 Hours Ago

We find out about the all-powerful Gold Bottle Cap as well! Max IVs await if you have one.

Click here or the image to read the article!

Staff Anime Villain Collab - Earl de Darkwood - Interstella 5555

Daily | Drabble Dex | A Change of the Season
The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum
Paired to Sheep :>

Hikamaru

Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
It appears that QR scanning might actually be the new focus of event distributions this generation, like how 6th Gen seemed to focus on the flaw that is serial codes. Magearna was already confirmed for a QR event so it's nice we're getting another one announced, with hopefully international QR code events to come upon game launch.

At least we now know what Gold Bottle Caps do, and you can see why they are likely going to be rarer than the Silver ones.
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,060 posts
13.1 Years
Gold Bottle Caps boosts the IVs of any Pokémon to the maximum possible
That is way more useful than I first thought. I might actually end up using these Bottle Caps if they're making IV training a lot easier.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you

Female
database database
Seen August 13th, 2019
Posted October 5th, 2018
5,173 posts
8.7 Years
That is way more useful than I first thought. I might actually end up using these Bottle Caps if they're making IV training a lot easier.
This is sooooo much easier! Even though breeding for a perfect Pokemon doesn't take that much effort, now you can just use the first Pokemon with the correct nature/ability/gender you hatch. This is gonna save sooooo much time.

What I'm really excited about these bottle caps though is that this also cuts down shiny breeding by a lot. I hatched over 1000 eggs for a shiny Charmander with IVs of 31/31/31/x/31/31... if we had bottle caps in ORAS I could have stopped at, like, 300 eggs where I got one like 31/31/31/31/31/8.

ORAS/XYBW

Desert Stream~

4 million years

Female
Seen December 9th, 2020
Posted June 24th, 2019
3,262 posts
5.2 Years
Hyper training sounds so great though. I'll still do IV breeding just to save my bottlecaps, but when I start my 6-IV shiny perfect nature level 100 living dex, that's one less bit of breeding I have to worry about.
https://discord.gg/nqfg9UE Please join I need members ;_;

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze

Male
Morioh
Seen October 29th, 2017
Posted September 22nd, 2017
812 posts
12.2 Years
I hope that there's an in-between kind of item, somewhere. There are very specific IV spreads that you may want to run for the sake of obtaining certain Hidden Power types and it would be kind of a shame if it was just 31 or 0 kind of items. Idk, personally I'm hoping for a bottle cap that reduces IVs maybe by one or something, and have it be really common?
I hope so too, mainly for Hidden Powers, because breeding for them is a pain so I have very few mons with Hidden Power right now, but it would be awesome if we can give any Pokemon any Hidden Power with ease, and changable at any time.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool

Male
Seen November 7th, 2020
Posted June 12th, 2019
992 posts
9.4 Years
I hope that there's an in-between kind of item, somewhere. There are very specific IV spreads that you may want to run for the sake of obtaining certain Hidden Power types and it would be kind of a shame if it was just 31 or 0 kind of items. Idk, personally I'm hoping for a bottle cap that reduces IVs maybe by one or something, and have it be really common?
Isn't there supposedly a Bronze bottle cap? If the Gold bottle cap raises everything to 31, and the Silver bottle cap raises one stat to 31, I almost feel like between those two extremes the Bronze bottle cap would be awkward and pointless... Unless the Bronze bottle cap is for reducing IV's.
If so, I think the Bronze bottle cap would actually get a lot of use and would even fit in perfectly alongside of the other two types of bottle caps, it's a pretty likely possibility.
Masters of Hoenn

"Somewhere off in a distant world, an island exists, where the ocean only meets the sand, where the weather is always warm. An adventure begins, traveling from the vast lands into the deep seas, chasing into the heart of the tropics, where the plants are vibrant and the beasts are fantastic. We will find each other there, chasing the fleeting dreams of a land full of beauty and potential."

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?

Seen October 24th, 2020
Posted January 12th, 2020
249 posts
13.5 Years
I legit hope for this too. It sucks wasting countless hours Masuda Method/Shiny Charm breeding for a Shiny Bulbasaur, with HP Fire for a perfect competitive set, just because I was maybe one stat point above for an individual stat.