• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga A Silent Voice - Koe no Katachi

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
Shouya Ishida, a boy always looking for ways to beat boredom, ends up looking for it in the wrong place. Weirded out by his new classmate, a deaf transfer student named Shouko Nishimiya, he deems her as the target of his ostracizing and bullying. Day after day, Shouya picks on Shouko, unaware of the effects of his thoughtless actions. He finally understands the pain he has inflicted on her when one day, his bullying culminates in her leaving the school, and his classmates begin to shun and harass him every chance they get instead. Determined to right his wrongs, five years later, Shouya, now a third year high school loner, meets Shouko again. Thus begins the story of a young man's path to redemption.

Type: Manga
Volumes: 7
Chapters: 64
Published: Aug 7, 2013 to Nov 19, 2014
Genres: Drama, Romance, School, Shounen
Author: Ooima, Yoshitoki (Story & Art)
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Characters
Nishimiya, Shouko
Ishida, Shouya
Nishimiya, Yuzuru
Ueno, Naoka
Sahara, Miyoko
Nagatsuka, Tomohiro

Useful Links
MyAnimeList
CrunchyRoll

h21rCjk.jpg

jvnLoxB.jpg

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years
Ooooh. I've only read the first volume, but the overall idea looks good.
Also, I can't wait for KyoAni's adaptation *O*

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
Ooooh. I've only read the first volume, but the overall idea looks good.
Also, I can't wait for KyoAni's adaptation *O*

I'm at the 5th volume, so hopefully I'll be finished by the time the adaptation comes out.

JOBO

o/_\O
Years
This series is short, but it has a great message and some likeable characters. I was drawn to it because I had heard there was some controversy over its release and wanted to see what the fuss was about. It's a great read if you want a quick, but meaningful romance/drama fix. I recommend checking it out! :)

Years
I haven't heard of this one in a looong time. I really liked it - it was up there with Wolf Children for me.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Oooh I fell in love with immediately when I saw its entry in the Bessatsu Shonen Magazine. I'm so anticipating the anime adaptation. I'm ready for all the feels.

Years
I, uh, actually just finished this series last week. While I did enjoy it, there are several things that grated at me that kept me from having it climb into my favorites.

I am looking forward to the movie, however.

Back