• 27 replies
Male
Berkeley, California
Seen July 24th, 2019
Posted February 5th, 2019
37 posts
5.4 Years
Emerald Sprites

This post is dedicated to DizzyEgg, KDS, Mr. Dollsteak who are all contributing heavily towards an amazing Emerald Battle Engine written in C. This engine will need sprites, and, as this lack of sprites is a huge problem when it comes to Emerald, I have decided to offer sprites to the public. This will not be an exhaustive list, but should cover most of the sprites from these generations.

Gen VI
Spoiler:
Chespin-

Quilladin-

Chesnaught-

Fennekin-

Braixen-

Delphox-

Froakie-

Frogadier-

Greninja-

Fletchling-

Fletchinder-

Talonflame-

Flabebe-

Floette-

Florges-

Honedge-

Doublade-

Aegislash-

Skrelp-

Dragalge-

Helioptile-

Heliolisk-

Tyrunt-

Tyrantrum-

Amaura-

Aurorus-

Sylveon-

Hawlucha-

Klefkei

Noibat

Noivern

Xerneas

Yveltal

Diancie-

Hoopa-

Volcanion

The first frames and backsprites of many of these sprites will come from Mr. Dollsteak, so a huge credit to him. If anyone would like to offer QC on these sprites or sprites of their own, please do so.

Also, these sprites are not yet indexed. If someone would like to help with the indexing process, that would be amazing. Anyone can do indexing regardless of ability.

Please credit me and Mr. Dollsteak if you decide to use these sprites, thank you :)
Male
Berkeley, California
Seen July 24th, 2019
37 posts
5.4 Years
Fletchling and Fletchinder, will upload talonflame before long.

fletchling.png

fletchinder.png

For whatever reason, imgur will not let me upload these images, but they work totally fine on Tinypic and other sites. So I have them included as attachments. If anyone would like to upload these to imgur and PM me the links, that would be great.

Nina

Age 29
Female
Arkansas
Seen December 20th, 2020
Posted December 7th, 2020
2,431 posts
13.3 Years
I tried to upload them for you, but imgur also will not accept them from me!
Something must be screwy with the file specifications?

Want to get help with your pixel art?
Consider joining my discord server Atelier Pixel!
Join here!

Male
Berkeley, California
Seen July 24th, 2019
37 posts
5.4 Years
I tried to upload them for you, but imgur also will not accept them from me!
Something must be screwy with the file specifications?
Thank you very much for trying! I have no idea what it is about these files, I can upload other pngs to imgur fine. They upload to other image sharing sites as well.
Male
Berkeley, California
Seen July 24th, 2019
37 posts
5.4 Years
here are three

Did you index these? Or just post to imgur? Either way thank you, I appreciate it :)

Very excited about this project, we need more Emerald love. Keep up the good work!
Thank you!

I did flabebe and added everything to imgur so I am doing a megapost with everything completed and pretty!

Edit: Megapost below!
Spoiler:

Chespin-

Quilladin-

Chesnaught-

Fennekin-

Braixen-

Delphox-

Froakie-

Frogadier-

Greninja-

Fletchling-

Fletchinder-

Talonflame-

Flabebe-

Froosty

The_Learner

Age 22
Male
Somewhere in this world.
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
545 posts
6.5 Years
Did you index these? Or just post to imgur? Either way thank you, I appreciate it :)

Thank you!

I did flabebe and added everything to imgur so I am doing a megapost with everything completed and pretty!

Spoiler:

Chespin-

Quilladin-

Chesnaught-

Fennekin-

Braixen-

Delphox-

Froakie-

Frogadier-

Greninja-

Fletchling-

Fletchinder-

Talonflame-

Flabebe-

Well i hadnt indexed them... I will soon index them and provide the link to you :)
Sorry for not indexing in first place :(

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!

Male
Distant Land
Seen January 18th, 2021
Posted January 9th, 2021
944 posts
12.7 Years

Thank you!

Spoiler:

Chespin-

Quilladin-

Chesnaught-

Fennekin-

Braixen-

Delphox-

Froakie-

Frogadier-

Greninja-

Fletchling-

Fletchinder-

Talonflame-

Flabebe-

Looking good so far but please try to make sure the sprites have 16 colors or less.

Tried Froakie and it's mouth doesn't get imported right.

I don't use this site since the whole pedophile incident. (And honestly didn't really use it before that.)

You can find me on gamer2020.net
Male
Berkeley, California
Seen July 24th, 2019
37 posts
5.4 Years
Looking good so far but please try to make sure the sprites have 16 colors or less.

Tried Froakie and it's mouth doesn't get imported right.

I will try to monitor it a more closely and update the past ones, palette manipulation is confusing in photoshop, I thought they were 16 colors.

Anyhow, Tyrunt and Tyrantrum

Jeesh

I just wanna hack Emerald.

Male
Seen August 23rd, 2020
Posted March 2nd, 2020
55 posts
4.4 Years
Wow, I can't believe I haven't seen this!

Just for simplicity sake, and just personal preference, I wanna see these in Sugimori palette and posted here. This would, 1, hopefully revive that thread, and 2, get more people to see your sprites. You don't have to, I'd just like to see it happen.

Keep up the good work!
Let my boy into Galar #Free346
Male
Berkeley, California
Seen July 24th, 2019
37 posts
5.4 Years
Wow, I can't believe I haven't seen this!

Just for simplicity sake, and just personal preference, I wanna see these in Sugimori palette and posted here. This would, 1, hopefully revive that thread, and 2, get more people to see your sprites. You don't have to, I'd just like to see it happen.

Keep up the good work!
Thank you :)
Yes, I would certainly like to post the sprites there as well, but that thread seems to be dead as Mr. DS has started devoting his time towards animations for the new Emerald battle engine. I love that thread though and may end up posting the sprites there after they are all completed, so as not to spam two threads constantly with the same content

Some sprites to impart today after a brief hiatus

Few changes for the Skrelp line because theyre based off of a very still plant-like type of seahorse called the "leafy sea dragon"

Skrelp-

Dragalge-

As well as the Aegislash line! I am quite happy with how these few turned out

Honedge-

Doublade-

Aegislash-

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate

Male
Raftel, New World
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
913 posts
11.8 Years
Nice! Feel free to use some sprites that you might like from my repository thread, just credit the artists...

By the way, why not help MrDS with the Gen. 5 sprites too? And I believe he's planning to do Gen. 6 also...
Male
Berkeley, California
Seen July 24th, 2019
37 posts
5.4 Years
Nice! Feel free to use some sprites that you might like from my repository thread, just credit the artists...

By the way, why not help MrDS with the Gen. 5 sprites too? And I believe he's planning to do Gen. 6 also...
Awesome! I was hoping to use some of your gen 7 sprites :)

I might do some of gen 5, but there are just so many of them. I don't even intend to do all of the sprites for gen 6 and 7, just the ones I plan on using. I might do the same for gen 5 if no one takes the head on that, but it won't be for a while.

A smidgen of progress during finals week

Hawlucha-

Trev

i gave you everything...

Age 24
Male
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted March 27th, 2019
1,618 posts
8.8 Years
So far these look alright, but don't just accept willy-nilly. I'm sure you're quality checking lol.

Also you don't need to index sprites, just make them 16 colors and Wichu's editor will be able to import them.
Male
Seen February 3rd, 2017
Posted February 2nd, 2017
25 posts
4.2 Years
this is too cool, i've always been a fan of hacking the emerald rom, and seeing how little effort has been made to do custom sprites for the 6th generations has been sad, but i'm glad to see people putting in an attempt to do it. i've been doing some sprites and want to share some here's litleo and pyroar

https://flic.kr/p/QVWaLp
Male
Berkeley, California
Seen July 24th, 2019
37 posts
5.4 Years
So far these look alright, but don't just accept willy-nilly. I'm sure you're quality checking lol.

Also you don't need to index sprites, just make them 16 colors and Wichu's editor will be able to import them.
I am doing the vast majority of these by myself, and they are all custom. If they look "alright", I would invite you to maybe offer QC or submit a sprite yourself?

If the sprites are not indexed, how does Wichu's editor know which color is the background? Genuine question, it has never worked for me if I do it without indexing haha But if you're right, that would certainly save some time

this is too cool, i've always been a fan of hacking the emerald rom, and seeing how little effort has been made to do custom sprites for the 6th generations has been sad, but i'm glad to see people putting in an attempt to do it. i've been doing some sprites and want to share some here's litleo and pyroar

https://flic.kr/p/QVWaLp
Thank you for the sprites! They look pretty good! These two were not a priority for me, but I will nonetheless include them in the thread main :)

Trev

i gave you everything...

Age 24
Male
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted March 27th, 2019
1,618 posts
8.8 Years
Afaik it takes the color from the first pixel in the top left corner. I might be wrong, who knows?

By "alright," I mean "these are acceptable to insert into a game in their current state." I was more concerned about the possibility of community dubmissions degrading the wuality of the project, as I am with any opem contribution art projects.