Hikamaru

Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,231 posts
10.1 Years

"When a series of mysterious incidents threatens the people and Pokmon who inhabit a small seaside town, itll take more than Ash and Pikachu to save the day!" - Blurb from Pokemon's official Twitter page.

The English title of the 21st Pokemon movie has been revealed as "The Power of Us". The movie, which aired in Japan earlier this month, will be having a limited cinema release in the US and possibly a few other countries. What are your thoughts on the dubbed title and do you have plans to see the dubbed version of the movie?
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

Hikamaru

Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,231 posts
10.1 Years
Why bother changing the name? The Power of Us sounds worse. I'm not that excited for this movie anyways. Especially since the next one is another Mewtwo shill
I do feel the dubbers were lazy with this title, since it is almost identical to The Power of One. Wouldn't be surprised if the dub title for Movie 22 is even worse, since the Japanese title is "Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution".

Eresse

Gladion Trash

Non-binary
Alola
Seen July 31st, 2018
Posted July 31st, 2018
32 posts
4 Years
I do feel the dubbers were lazy with this title, since it is almost identical to The Power of One. Wouldn't be surprised if the dub title for Movie 22 is even worse, since the Japanese title is "Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution".
They were probably trying to invoke nostalgia for the older fans, but it ends up just sounding lazy.

Hikamaru

Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,231 posts
10.1 Years
I'm also wondering why they're going back with Mewtwo. Seems out of order.
They're only doing it to commemorate the first movie's 20th anniversary.

They were probably trying to invoke nostalgia for the older fans, but it ends up just sounding lazy.
It's still pandering, which makes me want to despise it. I hate how entertainment these days is all about quantity, cash-grabs and pandering to certain demographics, and less quality.

Seen August 29th, 2020
Posted March 23rd, 2019
2,688 posts
16 Years
Yeah, just like The Force Awakens when trying to invoke nostalgia for older fans just came across as extremely lazy by being a complete copy/paste of A New Hope (and I'm not being sarcastic about the comparison, BTW, I actually DO think the movie was very lazily written).

It's still pandering, which makes me want to despise it. I hate how entertainment these days is all about quantity, cash-grabs and pandering to certain demographics, and less quality.
I could tolerate pandering if they at least kept it within continuity of the main franchise (that why I'm fond of the Kanto Reunion arc, and wasn't fond of their constantly ignoring continuity in other parts of the show, or Metal Gear's trainwreck of canon). However, they're not even doing that, since The Power of Us is explicitly in the AU, same deal with Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution (and I fear that they're going to ruin the original Mewtwo as well).

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess

Age 21
Female
The Abyss
Seen December 21st, 2020
Posted December 2nd, 2020
709 posts
4.4 Years
I don't understand why Lugia has such significance along with the lazy title. Hope the content of the film makes up for it.
“In great deeds, something abides. On great fields, something stays. Forms change and pass; bodies disappear; but spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision-place of souls… generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to see where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! the shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into their souls.”

Joshua Chamberlain

Name: Tombstone
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Kuzehiko

E4

Male
Sinnoh
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
662 posts
3.4 Years
I like the name, it ain't that bad.
I think I'll give this a shot. The characters seem to be very interesting.

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 24
he/him
Milaturia.
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 20 Hours Ago
6,262 posts
12.2 Years
The Power of Us is a clear callback to the Power of One, I kind of like that. Though, "Everyone's Story" had a much better ring to it than this name. Eh, ah well! Doesn't bother me. I'll still watch it.
Theme: Neku Sakuraba
Pair: Drew
Male
Seen June 23rd, 2019
Posted April 19th, 2019
52 posts
2.7 Years
I don't really have a preference for either title (Everyone's story or the power of us), but the movie looks promising, and I hope it will not be a let down like the previous 3 movies were. I also like the premise for the movie with much more diverse set of characters instead of a smaller focus on Ash and his companions, finally looks to be innovative which we will greatly needed after the staleness.