The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio Progressing ROM Hacks
FireRed Pokémon Masterquest

Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old August 12th, 2018 (9:18 AM).
masterquestmq's Avatar
masterquestmq masterquestmq is offline
Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 169

    Masterquest

    Welcome to the world of Kanto. A region full of excitement, and adventure. Travel throughout the land, while catching mysterious creatures called Pokémon. To become successful, you will have to battle many trainers who raise these fantastic beasts.

    Hello, we are team Masterquest. A few hackers who have collaborated over the years to bring you this new adventure. The Kanto Region is not unknown to the majority of us. However, the game Master Quest brings you a fresh viewpoint of the 20-year-old fan favorite. From the screenshots shown below, you can see Master Quest is filled with new scripts, interactions, dialogue, and trainers who will fight you along the way. As you, the player, partake in this adventure, you might find most of these events are based on the show/anime. And if you made this assumption, you would be correct! The inspiration behind this game came from the anime, but in addition to this-there are some story plot points added for additional excitement. Master Quest also features a decision based mechanism where your actions and choices will have a direct impact on the story that unfolds.

    Play alongside Eve Green, Bonnie Amarillo, Alan Rouge, and other individuals as you make your way through the Kanto Region. Battle old rivals, and new heroes alike, as you complete your master quest!

    Additional notes: Depending on the progress of the hack, it may also feature more than one region.

    Images:



    Features:
    • Expanded story
    • Potential additional regions
    • New rivals
    • A unique starter
    • Good/Evil choice decision making system

    Tools used in the making of this game include:
    • Advanced Sprite Position Editor
    • Advance Map
    • NSE (Nameless Sprite Editor)
    • Unnamed Trainer Editor
    • Yape
    • Move Editor
    • Pksvui
    • Unlz
    • XSE

    Releases:

    August 12, 2018 Beta -The original release of this game.


    Attached Files
    File Type: ips Pokemon -Masterquest.ips‎ (688.5 KB, 98 views) (Save to Dropbox)
    Reply With Quote
      #2    
    Old August 13th, 2018 (3:37 AM).
    curiters123 curiters123 is online now
       
      Join Date: Jan 2017
      Location: faraway from u
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Timid
      Posts: 86
      tell me is this complete or it has a progression?
      Reply With Quote
        #3    
      Old August 13th, 2018 (5:30 AM).
      masterquestmq's Avatar
      masterquestmq masterquestmq is offline
      Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
         
        Join Date: Nov 2010
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 169
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by curiters123 View Post
        tell me is this complete or it has a progression?
        Hi, nope not complete yet. This is a beta that will take you until Lavender Town.

        Also some other things to note

        1. Trainer levels after Viridian City are on par with highest level in your party which gives incentive to raise the team evenly.
        2. Gym leaders will always be 4 levels higher than your strongest party member
        3. Area north of Route 3 is not passable as the area remains unfinished (will be sure to block it off in the next Beta)

        Hope this helps
        Reply With Quote
          #4    
        Old August 13th, 2018 (5:42 AM).
        oscariothetrainer's Avatar
        oscariothetrainer oscariothetrainer is offline
           
          Join Date: Feb 2015
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 125
          Thats awesome dude ive been waiting for a hack like this
          Reply With Quote
            #5    
          Old August 13th, 2018 (6:58 AM).
          Crimson5M's Avatar
          Crimson5M Crimson5M is offline
          what
           
          Join Date: Feb 2011
          Location: Scotland
          Age: 23
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Quiet
          Posts: 1,110
          This doesn't look too bad but that sprite for Green is an eyesore
          __________________
          Youtube
          Reply With Quote
            #6    
          Old August 13th, 2018 (7:11 AM).
          masterquestmq's Avatar
          masterquestmq masterquestmq is offline
          Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
             
            Join Date: Nov 2010
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 169
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Crimson5M View Post
            This doesn't look too bad but that sprite for Green is an eyesore
            Hahaha yup, it was poorly done by me. Thankfully, one of our team members fixed it before the release of the Beta. Looks much better now.
            Reply With Quote
              #7    
            Old August 13th, 2018 (7:47 AM).
            MissAshheart's Avatar
            MissAshheart MissAshheart is offline
            The Heart and Soul of Fire
               
              Join Date: Sep 2009
              Location: Ridgeway, VA
              Age: 26
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 221
              This game is really interesting. And in a good way. I started playing this not that long ago and I like it so far. And I do like the addition to the good/evil alignment system because something like that could make the story more interesting and it gives us an option to be good or evil. And you also don't see that in a lot of rom hacks. Keep up the good work.
              Reply With Quote
                #8    
              Old August 13th, 2018 (8:20 AM).
              MrElephant's Avatar
              MrElephant MrElephant is offline
              Pokemon Researcher
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2011
                Location: United States
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Serious
                Posts: 80
                Congrats mq on getting this on the site. I know you worked long and hard on it.
                __________________
                Old timer back on the forums.
                Reply With Quote
                  #9    
                Old August 13th, 2018 (9:02 AM).
                masterquestmq's Avatar
                masterquestmq masterquestmq is offline
                Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2010
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 169
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MissAshheart View Post
                  This game is really interesting. And in a good way. I started playing this not that long ago and I like it so far. And I do like the addition to the good/evil alignment system because something like that could make the story more interesting and it gives us an option to be good or evil. And you also don't see that in a lot of rom hacks. Keep up the good work.
                  Thanks! Appreciate it!

                  The moral decisions kick in after Cerulean City. We give the players a bit of time to get used to the game's mechanics. Also FYI gym challenges are optional. We're trying to give an open world experience to the players (with the limited space) to just go on a journey and explore.

                  MQ
                  Reply With Quote
                    #10    
                  Old August 13th, 2018 (11:23 AM).
                  bh02032002's Avatar
                  bh02032002 bh02032002 is offline
                  progressing pokemon rom hacks i support: pokemon adventure red chapter, pokemon orange, pokemon sea temple, pokemon discovery, pokemon bronze 2.
                     
                    Join Date: May 2016
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Lonely
                    Posts: 78
                    looks really interesting. im excited to see what this turns into.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #11    
                    Old August 13th, 2018 (1:03 PM). Edited August 13th, 2018 by masterquestmq.
                    masterquestmq's Avatar
                    masterquestmq masterquestmq is offline
                    Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2010
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 169
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MrElephant View Post
                      Congrats mq on getting this on the site. I know you worked long and hard on it.
                      Couldn't have done it without you! Thanks for all your help with the hack and the encouragement. Look forward to continuing our work for Beta 2.

                      MQ
                      Reply With Quote
                        #12    
                      Old August 13th, 2018 (4:31 PM).
                      Green Jerry's Avatar
                      Green Jerry Green Jerry is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2017
                        Location: Brazil
                        Age: 16
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 38
                        I started playing and found some minor issues:

                        Pallet Town:

                        Minor cutoff.


                        The text glitched (overflowed) here.


                        *instructions.

                        Route 1:

                        This text box shows the "press button" arrow but it either closes or blanks out when you press a button.


                        *natural.


                        Tree cutoff.

                        Viridian City:

                        *practice.


                        The Pokémon Center's roof looks slightly weird.


                        The circled tiles are solid. You can't walk on them.
                        __________________
                        Text Box Patches
                        Reply With Quote
                          #13    
                        Old August 13th, 2018 (11:25 PM).
                        oscariothetrainer's Avatar
                        oscariothetrainer oscariothetrainer is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2015
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 125
                          Forgot to read the Notes because i didnt realise that the trainer pokemon lvl was the same as mine XD so a little more difficulty but love the hack anyways
                          Reply With Quote
                            #14    
                          Old August 14th, 2018 (12:04 AM). Edited August 14th, 2018 by masterquestmq.
                          masterquestmq's Avatar
                          masterquestmq masterquestmq is offline
                          Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
                             
                            Join Date: Nov 2010
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 169
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Green Jerry View Post
                            I started playing and found some minor issues:

                            Pallet Town:

                            Minor cutoff.


                            The text glitched (overflowed) here.


                            *instructions.

                            Route 1:

                            This text box shows the "press button" arrow but it either closes or blanks out when you press a button.


                            *natural.


                            Tree cutoff.

                            Viridian City:

                            *practice.


                            The Pokémon Center's roof looks slightly weird.


                            The circled tiles are solid. You can't walk on them.

                            All addressed, thank you!
                            Keep em coming please, greatly appreciate it.

                            MQ



                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by oscariothetrainer View Post
                            Forgot to read the Notes because i didnt realise that the trainer pokemon lvl was the same as mine XD so a little more difficulty but love the hack anyways
                            Yup, my bad for not posting it in the intro! Best of luck!

                            MQ
                            Reply With Quote
                              #15    
                            Old August 14th, 2018 (2:40 AM).
                            Inner Rhymes's Avatar
                            Inner Rhymes Inner Rhymes is offline
                               
                              Join Date: May 2017
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Quiet
                              Posts: 354
                              This looks absolutely gorgeous! Played a bit of it so far and I love it already. I really hope this gets completed. Good luck!
                              __________________
                              If there is anyone out here suffering or struggling to get through life, then please listen to my song. I hope it gives you the energy to continue fighting so you can see a brighter day.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSfyWlEdZAc

                              Mixtape: Venting Session Vol.1 is on the way!
                              Reply With Quote
                                #16    
                              Old August 14th, 2018 (4:59 AM). Edited August 14th, 2018 by masterquestmq.
                              masterquestmq's Avatar
                              masterquestmq masterquestmq is offline
                              Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
                                 
                                Join Date: Nov 2010
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 169
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Inner Rhymes View Post
                                This looks absolutely gorgeous! Played a bit of it so far and I love it already. I really hope this gets completed. Good luck!
                                Thanks, that means a lot :)

                                This has been in the works since 4-5 years ago, off and on. Since a lot of the scripting in the earlier parts of the game (up to Cerulean City) was done in 2013/14 one of the concerns is grammatical and tile errors so please do let us know if you spot anything

                                Thanks!

                                MQ
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #17    
                                Old August 15th, 2018 (9:49 AM).
                                supereffective supereffective is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Sep 2016
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 180
                                  very impressive hack, I love the new cites that are around kanto, I was wondering you consider making the new cities like kingdom hearts where there from another show or movie. domino, hyrule, mushroom kingdom, etc etc, like the gym challenges, the pace of the game is really great. you guys thought it through very well. keep it up guys! pikchu early thunderbolt instead of volt tackle?
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #18    
                                  Old August 15th, 2018 (10:19 AM).
                                  masterquestmq's Avatar
                                  masterquestmq masterquestmq is offline
                                  Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
                                     
                                    Join Date: Nov 2010
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 169
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by supereffective View Post
                                    very impressive hack, I love the new cites that are around kanto, I was wondering you consider making the new cities like kingdom hearts where there from another show or movie. domino, hyrule, mushroom kingdom, etc etc, like the gym challenges, the pace of the game is really great. you guys thought it through very well. keep it up guys! pikchu early thunderbolt instead of volt tackle?
                                    Thanks! Appreciate it!

                                    The additional cities included are all Anime inclusive cities. Tentatively there maybe 4 in total for Kanto. Other regions are still being planned.

                                    Thunderbolt and Electroball are both moves that Pikachu can learn later in the game.

                                    Additional information:
                                    1. All 151 Kanto Pokemon can be found in the wild (Lengendaries still being worked out)
                                    2. No more trade evolution
                                    3. Seeking views on whether Pokemon used in the museum should be nerfed

                                    MQ
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #19    
                                    Old September 6th, 2018 (12:41 AM). Edited September 14th, 2018 by Amy May.
                                    Amy May's Avatar
                                    Amy May Amy May is offline
                                    Pull My Finger. :P
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jun 2018
                                      Age: 33
                                      Gender: Female
                                      Nature: Quirky
                                      Posts: 163
                                      Man I love this beta so much!... To list All the things I like about it would take up half a full page!

                                      Eventhough I'm playing this game as a beta tester, it has not taken anything away from the richness of this game at all!!
                                      .... the colorful storylines, the difficulty curves, seeing some of my old poke favorites from 1st gen.. in 3rd gen gaming with their old school battle sprites i missed so much!.. the multiple rivals.. the additional content you can play in it... the nicely done the kanto remapping, makes it so fresh!
                                      ..... Even for playing a beta that's rough around the edges, this game is Awesome!
                                      __________________
                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                      ... I think signatures are highly overrated. :P

                                      ~ Mainstream: 1st & 2nd Gen, Bugs/Glitches/Exploits
                                      (2nd Gen still in the works)

                                      ~ Fan Games: Bad EGG Removal in GBA
                                      Seeking: Ruby/Sapphire inject worthy of full testing

                                      ~ Testing... Masterquest
                                      ... it's so awesome, you gotta try it!!!

                                      *My Poems*
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #20    
                                      Old September 6th, 2018 (3:03 AM).
                                      BattleGirl BattleGirl is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Apr 2016
                                        Posts: 16
                                        Well just started and I wasn't able to nickname my starter for some reason, I clicked yes and it acted like a clicked no.

                                        Also just a question but will there be a physical Special Split in the future? (If it doesn't already and just not showing like in other hacks) A lot of mons I like to use a useless in gen 3 setting but I don't really mind if you don't plan on putting it in.
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #21    
                                        Old September 6th, 2018 (5:15 AM).
                                        masterquestmq's Avatar
                                        masterquestmq masterquestmq is offline
                                        Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
                                           
                                          Join Date: Nov 2010
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 169
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Amy May View Post
                                          Man I love this beta so much!... To list All the things I like about it would take up half a full page!

                                          Eventhough I'm playing this game as a beta tester, it has not taken anything away from the richness of this game at all!!
                                          .... the colorful storylines, the difficulty curves, seeing some of my old poke favorites from 1st gen.. in 3rd gen gaming with their old school battle sprites i missed so much!.. the multiple rivals.. the additional content you can play in it... the nicely done the kanto remapping, makes it so fresh!
                                          ..... Even for playing a beta that's rough around the edges, this game is Awesome!
                                          Many thanks! Look forward to your thoughts on the rest of the Beta!
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #22    
                                          Old September 6th, 2018 (5:16 AM).
                                          masterquestmq's Avatar
                                          masterquestmq masterquestmq is offline
                                          Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
                                             
                                            Join Date: Nov 2010
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 169
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by BattleGirl View Post
                                            Well just started and I wasn't able to nickname my starter for some reason, I clicked yes and it acted like a clicked no.

                                            Also just a question but will there be a physical Special Split in the future? (If it doesn't already and just not showing like in other hacks) A lot of mons I like to use a useless in gen 3 setting but I don't really mind if you don't plan on putting it in.
                                            Noticed that error too. With the nickname. Working on addressing it. Thanks!

                                            As for not, no physical and special split planned. However, this may change. Will see if implementing a patch messes with other parts of the rom hack.
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #23    
                                            Old September 7th, 2018 (1:28 AM).
                                            BattleGirl BattleGirl is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Apr 2016
                                              Posts: 16
                                              I played a bit through it but I have to say I'll wait for next beta cause honestly the encounters on the routes between Pallet Town and the first gym are horrible. Mankey being a rare encounter does not help either due to my Pokemon OCD wanting good nature for it. (And the fact I only knew it was there by nature hunting for a Jolly or Adament Pidgey that took forever to find.)

                                              Adding a Nidoran to the encounters would easily fix it for me (Unless its a really rare like Mankey).

                                              I really like a game where you could be a bad guy but the encounters suck so much and did you change the critical ratio? The wild and trainers get critical hits every other turn.

                                              Hope I don't sound like I'm just hating on your game but this is my honest feedback for now and I do like games like this very much.
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #24    
                                              Old September 7th, 2018 (6:09 AM).
                                              masterquestmq's Avatar
                                              masterquestmq masterquestmq is offline
                                              Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Nov 2010
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Posts: 169
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by BattleGirl View Post
                                                I played a bit through it but I have to say I'll wait for next beta cause honestly the encounters on the routes between Pallet Town and the first gym are horrible. Mankey being a rare encounter does not help either due to my Pokemon OCD wanting good nature for it. (And the fact I only knew it was there by nature hunting for a Jolly or Adament Pidgey that took forever to find.)

                                                Adding a Nidoran to the encounters would easily fix it for me (Unless its a really rare like Mankey).

                                                I really like a game where you could be a bad guy but the encounters suck so much and did you change the critical ratio? The wild and trainers get critical hits every other turn.

                                                Hope I don't sound like I'm just hating on your game but this is my honest feedback for now and I do like games like this very much.
                                                No worries, appreciate all comments.

                                                1. Nope, no changes to critical hit ratio.
                                                2. Noted on encounters, will have a look again at Route 1, Viridian Forrest and Route 2 encounters and see if fair representation is given to Pokemon in that route. (I believe Route 2 does feature both Nidoran in the grass)

                                                MQ
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #25    
                                                Old September 8th, 2018 (10:09 PM).
                                                Daeng Ewok's Avatar
                                                Daeng Ewok Daeng Ewok is offline
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Jun 2018
                                                  Location: Indonesia
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Nature: Naive
                                                  Posts: 18
                                                  is there any discord server for this rom, if it has please put that in the thread so we can join it coz we really wait this game, please!!
                                                  __________________
                                                  Reply With Quote
                                                  Reply

                                                  Quick Reply

                                                  Join the conversation!

                                                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                  Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                                  Thread Tools

                                                  Posting Rules
                                                  You may not post new threads
                                                  You may not post replies
                                                  You may not post attachments
                                                  You may not edit your posts

                                                  BB code is On
                                                  Smilies are On
                                                  [IMG] code is On
                                                  HTML code is Off

                                                  Forum Jump


                                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:24 PM.