Seen July 5th, 2020
Posted July 4th, 2020
243 posts
2.9 Years
Intro: It's been two years since the release of the original Kanlara Adventures. Since then, the project has undergone a large number of changes, starting with the Remastered update, and then later on the Ultimate update. Today, I'm happy to announce that a Classic iteration of Kanlara Adventures is in the works. This project is called Kanlara Classic and will be based on the 1.2 patch of the original Kanlara Adventures.

Features:
- Explore the wondrous Kanlara region in its pre-Remastered state
- Learn more about Kanlara as you play through a new story featuring old and original characters alike
- 386ish Pokémon from Gen 3-7 to capture and battle
- A new TM list and new moves from Gen 4 +
- Updated world map with flying available to all Cities
- New title screen

Misc:
- Various bug fixes
- New dialogue for tons of NPC characters that previously didn't have any original text
- Since Kanlara Adventures never had a balance patch (Only in Remastered did the game receive one), there will be a change to the level curve and the parties of some of the key Trainers in the game

Screenshots:

Credit & tools used:
Spoiler:
- Huge thanks to the author of the following tutorial http://sfc.pokefans.net/lesson.php?id=18&lang=en, without this tutorial editing the world map would likely not have been possible for me
- Thanks to MrDollSteak's 64x64 DS-style Pkmn Sprite Resources
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=336945
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=314422#
And all contributors to said resource.
- Thanks to thedarkdragon11's 64x64 Gen 7 Pkmn Sprite Resource
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=368703
And all contributors to said resource.
- Thanks to the creators of all tools I used for this project.

- Thanks to all tutorials from Pokecommunity and the people of
this community who contribute and help make this a possiblity.

- Advance Map 1.92 and 1.95
- APE
- Hopeless Trainer Editor
- HxD
- Intro Text Editor
- NSE 1.7 and 2.0
- NTME
- PGE
- UNLZ
- XSE

Download:
- Below (Patch on a clean 1.0 FR ROM).
Seen July 5th, 2020
Posted July 4th, 2020
243 posts
2.9 Years
Hey all, been busy lately but figured I'd spare a moment for a bit of an update.

So, Kanlara Classic will be a faithful recreation of the original Kanlara Adventures, a version not many people got to play - as it wasn't very popular when it launched, and it wasn't until the major Remastered update that the hack got more attention. But, not only will it be a recreation, it will also come with a balance patch, and the things I didn't know how to do 2 years ago. Such as Town Map with proper flying, etc. And more, which I will mention in a bigger post when the beta is ready. (Sooooon!)

Anyway, recently what I've been working on is adding in tons of new NPC text, as the 1.2 patch (which is what I'm using as base) was missing tons (lots of default FR, text). I'm coming up with new NPC text and not copying from any other version of the game, so there will be new "content" for players who played through Kanlara Ultimate or Remastered before.

Okay, I guess quoting pop songs is kind of lazy but it fits, right?

Couldn't resist.

Yay for Smash references.

Additionally, I've made a new ending - something the original game didn't have. So you know... some motivation for beating The Champion again!!

I'm hoping to have a beta ready soon (SOON!). So keep watching this thread and you can be one of the first to play it! :)
Seen July 5th, 2020
Posted July 4th, 2020
243 posts
2.9 Years

Kanlara Classic Beta 1.0 is now available.

Some notes:
* The patch is in the first post, and must be patched onto a clean 1.0 FireRed ROM (Such as Squirrels).
* This beta should not be indicative of the final release, as there a number of things I would like to improve on but they are -for the most part- small things that won't disturb your gameplay experience too much.
* Comparing this release to any modern version of Kanlara Adventures (Such as Ultimate) might make you disappointed. Take the Beta for what it is.
* Future updates will be compatible with this release. Please check back to this thread for updates.
* I'm only one person working on this hack in my free time. I try my best to make sure there aren't bugs in the game. But for your own safety, please make lots of saves when playing.
Seen July 5th, 2020
Posted July 4th, 2020
243 posts
2.9 Years
Do I have to play Pokémon kanlara ultimate first before playing this game?
No. I'd suggest playing one of them. Then, if you still feel like playing the other one, you can do that. It's hard for me to tell which one you would enjoy more. I think Kanlara Classic is more straightforward, while Ultimate can be a bit overwhelming. Also if you don't like the idea of custom Pokemon and types, play Classic as it doesn't have that.

futeen0815

shadowless figure

Age 17
Male
Perak, Malaysia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted July 4th, 2020
with the addition of newer generation mon and moves and retreating to the lack of pss split (both of which early kanlara builds had done making almost all mons suffer from near zero viability), i can't help but feel curious as to what kind of balancing you have planned to compensate for that mechanic and making all the mons function well or better than they were off previously