Ashe – House of Blue Lions

Male
Melbourne, Australia
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
18,283 posts
17.8 Years
Smort

I’d totally never have known this. That’s some pretty amazing foresight.

Though the mechanic would involve you releasing all your Pokémon bar one before it’d ever surface. You’d have to trade, use Poké Transporter or deliberately release everything before you find yourself hitting rock bottom. It kinda feels like a niche scenario for you to ever find yourself at Cianwood, hey.

Chron

The Forgetful One

Male
Michigan, US
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
12 posts
53 Days
Definitely a pretty neat thing to discover after all this time. Makes you wonder what prompted the inclusion of the feature: extremely good foresight from a developer, a very thorough bug tester, or an incredibly incompetent bug tester. :P

bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
15,915 posts
12.6 Years
TENTACOOL SAVES

Definitely a cool find - not surprised this sort of thing took over 10 years to find but it's still quite a while!
Definitely a pretty neat thing to discover after all this time. Makes you wonder what prompted the inclusion of the feature: extremely good foresight from a developer, a very thorough bug tester, or an incredibly incompetent bug tester. :P
Good question. HGSS did have a lot of stuff crammed into it, with the director of those games on record of wanting to deliever that sort of experience, so that might have filtered down to accounting for strange edge cases such as this.

Nah

Age 28
Female
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
14,315 posts
6.9 Years
I wonder if there's something similar programmed in any of the other games, since HG/SS isn't exactly the only game you can have the problem occur in.
Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."

Lunar

Age 21
Male
England
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
4,049 posts
6.4 Years
I'm actually amazed by this, great to see things still being discovered in Pokemon games 10 years later! Pretty cool that it can be shiny too.

Sirius Black

Age 22
He / Him
Washington (but which one is it?)
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
317 posts
11.4 Years
This is honestly an amazing find. Truthfully speaking though, I think I maaaaay have discovered this on accident a few years ago, but thought nothing of it at the time. I feel like I remember this happening to me. Who's to say for sure though.
mischief managed.