• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity Artstravaganza - Discussion Thread

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
Years
The PokéCommunity Artstravaganza!​

Competition idea by Shadowfaith​

Okay welcome to PC's official Art competition, where we give you the chance to battle against each other (I mean that in the lightest way possible) for the top prize as well as a chance to call yourself the best artist of PC! XD

Judges:

Anyways, first things first, announcing the judges…well there are only five…which is all the better because it will be easier to discuss XP

Anyways, the judges are!:

Shadowfaith
Forest Grovyle
Light_Azumarill
Aquilamon
igtica

Yup yup…your art will be put into the hands of us five!...heh heh heh heh…

Anyways:

The Competition

This Art contest will be purely for the art gallery, we allow no banners, sprites or trainer cards, only artwork:

Digital art (MSPaint or pixel art perhaps), digital art (other, e.g. Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro), traditional art (sketches), traditional art (coloured), Oekaki and so on.

All of the above is accepted in this competition and perhaps more if we can ever think of it >.<

Running the Competition

How it will run? Well:

There will be a competition every month, thus meaning that you will have one month to complete your entries and enter them in the entry thread (Yes there will be an entry thread and a discussion thread). Then we will judge the pictures and let you know who gets first second and third place.

We will be judging overall, so this means that all types of art will be judged at the same time….thus meaning that sketches will be up against digital art and so forth.

Runs like a normal competition that's all XD

Themes

Now themes will be random, for example, one month it can be Hybrids and another it could be Game characters. No matter what the theme it will be an open one so that it gives you enough choice. We will not be allowing any themes like Final Fantasy or Hellsing, because there are many that do not know anything of those, so you can be guaranteed that it will be open enough for everyone to join.

Entering

It's easy to enter. Just make sure you read the whole of this thread and then you can post in the entry thread that will have the current contest at the start. You can enter every month if you wish, but you will only be allowed to enter once each month, so one entry per person each month, no more. You may change your entry as long as the contest is still running…but we would much prefer you didn't…makes it easier you know. You will have to edit your previous entry, but leave a note saying that you have changed it.

Discussing

You can discuss in this discussion thread all you want, but we do not want any flaming of any kind. You can discuss yours and other entries here but there will be no discussion in the entry thread.

And that's about it! Hope you have fun and remember to actually read the current competition XD

Current Competition:

Theme:
Diamond/Pearl Pokémon!

Closing Date: 31st September

Last edited:

gilbertman

Where am I?
Years
sweet about time we got an art contest, this should be fun
and when one says the theme is pokemon is that the pokemon themselves or anything from pokemon? just wondering cuz i got some ideas

and i say thanks for making a contest

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
So we can draw enter anything that has to do with Pkmn? Sweet.
Just wondering,is there a prize or anything?

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
Years
Overlord IX, there will be an image made for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in the contest, so you will receive that and can put it in your signature if you like. :)

Good luck everyone in the contest! :D I can't wait to see some of your entries!

Freenaturearts

Mentor in oekaki
Years
:Porygon:
Hehehe, mwar, I'm alot better at drawing inanimate objects than animate ones, but hehe, Didi's done some how-tos so who knows, I could print them off or something and maybe see how well I fare ~_^

___

Your sweetfor mentioning me Tony!:kisses:

However I to will join =D! I'v been waitin' since hollows eve to bring out my work but I wasint good enough yet XD

Prepair for some Oekaki Madness while I find my wait to my number 1 entry for the contest O_O I know I'll make sevral drawings befor I actualy post which one I'll do... However a idea I have may be the only one if it comes out good enough.

Is any pokemon welcome??

Just a wise thing to ask befor I start so I know if Made up pokemon are aloud to join in a battle with one of my favorite real pokemon made by nintendo XD.

This is ganna be great and thanks so much guys for judging I trust all five of ya =3 And love three of you like my own teachers here at home. :hugs FG: Forest grovyle mostly ^^.

I Shale prepair! CHARGE!
( Hours till my work is finished : I shale give 7 days 6 hours.XD

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
Years
lol well I can always mutate my Nekos into Pokemon if I want to XD j/k

Its gonna be Oekaki for me ;O

Are the characters from Pokemon welcome? Like Satoshi??

Not that i'm gonna do the humans though oxO;; (is really bad at drawing humans) lol

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
Wrll,looks like we're gonna jave some competition around here. Good luck to ya'll!

Years
can I do trainers aswell cause my art style is manga I can draw some pokemon okay though

I'm in then

Freenaturearts

Mentor in oekaki
Years
I agree , you'll get some awesome stuff XD.
I'm bustin' out all my moves for this entery and i'm doing it in are very own oekaki o_o I dont know if posting it to be discussed is alowed here but (Linkie!)
http://www.pokecommunity.com/draw/pictures/275.png
(Linkie!)

Oo; If it's not I'm more then sorry and will wait till the finished product... :goes to finish more: However that there is a preview to give everyone a heads up on what I'm planin' I will NOT mension the backround yet XD.

good luck everyone =3 this is ganna rock.

Years
Looks good, but the wings aren't lined up. That'd bring your mark down if I were voting. It's a nice pic, though. :)

I likely won't get around to doing one, which is hardly a surprise since I don't post pics here often at all(where *did* my topic get to... :P), and I haven't put any pictures on my PC for awhile, either... I do have an idea, though. :D

Freenaturearts

Mentor in oekaki
Years
The wings are ment to be in that way to look kinda fast and bring it into motion of what way Flygon is going =D Sorry if it still seems a little off but I'v learned when I was judging these back at oekaki's I found five basis to be a main point bringer; Orginiality,consept,shading,lineart and backrounds. =( I'm not normaly "good" At lineart and I still need alot of work so I may not win this time XD But man is it fun to just noin one of these !.
Oh and as for the originality and consept=D I am going to be fully honest about the information on the Entry thred ^^.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
Years
Yay! It's been sooooo long since I've entered an art contest! I was just thinking of starting an art thread here, and instead I saw the contest sticky! Boy... I hope I can compete; there are some really talented people here.

I'm not doing an Oekaki though, I'm still not used to the setup of it. I think I'll be coloring it in Photoshop. But I'll draw the linework on paper first. That's how I prefer to do all my digitally colored drawings. I do much better on paper than with a mouse. >-<

Anyway, hope lots of people enter, the only one that's done it so far is Freenaturearts! Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Back