• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Soulstones 2: Time Wardens

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
JkoYuRk.png

Pokemon Soulstones 2: Time Wardens

About Project
Pokemon Soulstones was the first game I developed and released by myself in September 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since that time, I've grown to having a Discord server of more than 3,000 people and over 80,000 downloads. Given the great reception of my first game, I was crazy enough to attempt it again, but this time with a team.

We're now back with a sequel that we hope stays true to the spirit of the first game, by building on what made the first game great: Quality of life, mega Pokemon, and lots and lots of regional variants. I hope that everyone enjoys this game as much as they did the first one and if you haven't played the first one, I highly encourage you to play the first game to appreciate the plot more. You can find the link to the first game here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=440329

In no way do I or any of the other development team members receive any profit or monetary compensation for this fan game. We have made this game under fair use laws and do not intend to breach those. If you paid money to access this game, you have been ripped off.

Team:
Lead Developer:
Jos_Louis

Artists: Badman, Endless, Hexx_Vixtar
Scripting: DemICE, PDM20

Tools used to make the game:
RPG Maker XP | Pokemon Essentials v20.1
GIMP
Audacity​

Content warning:
Please note that this project contains some mature themes, including coarse language and violence. Player discretion is advised.

Plot:
You feel a voice calling out to you in your sleep on the night before your 21st birthday. The voice is calling out to you for help and to find her as she is in trouble and vulnerable. You will soon find yourself caught up in a plot that involves assisting a visitor from an alternate universe as she investigates and attempts to unravel the objectives of the Ethereal Guild, a loosely associated band of mercenaries, pirates, and profiteers who have ambitions for intertemporal dominance. While their organization lurks in the shadows, it appears as their influence runs deeper than anticipated, threatening the stability of the Orion region.

Features:
The following contains a list of the features of the game:
  • The flagship feature of this game is that it contains a Pokedex of over 800 regional variant Pokemon and ONLY regional variant Pokemon (i.e. no canon forms at all!)
  • Generation 4-style graphics
  • Mega Evolution
  • 3 new types (Cosmic, Sound and Light) with accompanying changes to the type chart
  • New moves and abilities, both for the new types as well as existing types.
  • Estimated 25 hours of content
  • Similar to Soulstones 1, this is not a gym/league challenge story and is more of an RPG with story progression.
  • Similar to Soulstones 1, side quests are making a return, and some have multiple steps to it to create "mini-stories" which will compel players to pursue side plots.
  • Features a number of unique scripts such as Voltseon's pause menu, Encounters UI, Randomizer X, multiple save files, and the Quest Log UI.

Screenshots:
And now for what everyone has been waiting for, to determine whether this is worth playing or not.
Spoiler:

Pokemon Soulstones and Time Wardens Discord:
As players progress through the game, please join us in the Pokemon Soulstones and Time Wardens Discord server to answer questions, report bugs or just hang out and talk about the game!
https://discord.gg/UNnkvJb

Roadmap:
  • The post game is in development and is being worked on in parallel to any updates or bug fixes to the live game.
  • Given the sheer number of regional variants, we expect there will be fair number of balance updates and patches that are launched as problematic or unbalanced Pokemon are identified. As hobby developers, we can't perfectly QA a Pokedex containing more regionals than the first 7 generations of canon games possessed at once so please be patient with us!

Installation Guide:
  • Like any other Pokemon fan game created using Pokemon Essentials, simply click on the download link and extract the archive.
  • When this is done, run the Game.exe file.
  • If you get an error message on startup regarding fonts not being installed, simply navigate to the Pokemon Time Wardens\Fonts folder, select all the fonts, right click and install them as administrator.

Download Link for Pokemon Time Wardens v1.1.15:
NOTE: If you have downloaded the game before Patch 1.0.7, the full download is required. If not, you may download the SS2 Latest Patch
Full File: https://www.mediafire.com/file/4ceu35n4wjyc5fh/Soulstones_2_-_Full_Game.zip/file
SS2 Latest Patch: https://www.mediafire.com/file/gan5w409hq0r54c/SS2_Latest_Patch.zip/file

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Credits:
If we have missed anyone or misquoted you in the credits, please let us know! We have absolutely zero intent to steal anyone's work and this has and always will be a pure passion project!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
i tried to download the game but i cann"t access to download page

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
The download isn't available until September 28, 2023. Wait a few more days, but if you haven't already tried it, you should play the first game (linked above) first.

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
Years
Soulstones 2 is finally here, eh? Well done mate! Given the quality of the first game, I am expecting this sequel to be nothing short of a blockbuster. However, I personally think that one extra typing do makes the game a bit interesting, but three extra typings is an overkill to say the least. This might be my only gripe with the game and I mean no offence. All things considered, I am really looking forward to play the game when it is released and test all the regional variants ASAP!
Wishing you luck developing the game...

LyraKitkat

Hacked Trainer
Years
I am beyond excited to play this game. The first is in my top three favorite pokemon games of all time. I am SO excited to see how the plot cnotinues!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I am so excited to give this a spin! Soul stones is in my top 5 favorite Pokémon Fangames of all time! Congratulations on getting the sequel out!

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
I'm fr excited for this, gotta learn the type chart and stats and stuff since it's been a long time I touched Pokemon at all, but either way, still stoked to play this

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
The download link for Soulstones 2 is NOW AVAILABLE! (Check main post for the link)

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
Years
A bug had been identified, do NOT open the options menu if you haven't seen the Opening into, it will result in the following crash and is gonna be addressed in a hot fix

The Crash:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Patch 1.0.1 has been deployed to fix some bugs that were identified over yesterday and today. If you have previously downloaded the game, please only download the patch file. Otherwise, for all other new players, please download the full game.
Additionally, we also have a few users within our Discord server that can provide support around how to get the Joiplay version working. It is still not officially supported by myself, but community members have stepped up to help make a Joiplay version a reality. A special thank you to them for this!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
What is secret code?? plz let me know

This was a time-limited code awarded to players who finished Soulstones 1 (the first game) during Season 3. It is not available to new players. Don't worry though, the prize you get from this code is available eventually to all players so you're not missing out on anything; you just get early access.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Patch 1.0.2 has been deployed to fix a few more bugs that have been identified. If you have previously downloaded the game, please only download the patch file as it will contain both the fixes from previous patches and the current one. Otherwise, for all other new players, please download the full game.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Patch 1.0.3 has been uploaded to fix a few more issues that have been identified over the last day or so. Go to the main post for the latest download links. If you have previously downloaded the game, please only download the patch file as it will contain both the fixes from previous patches and the current one.

Otherwise, for all other new players, please download the full game!

Back