ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #8476    
Old March 5th, 2009 (2:40 PM).
Perri Lightfoot's Avatar
Perri Lightfoot Perri Lightfoot is offline
Proud to hack Ruby Version!
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Nature: Modest
Posts: 176
I've got a problem I've been trying to crack for the past four hours - hoping someone can help me out here ; I'm trying to change the berry pictures - the images that show up in Ruby when you check a Berry's Tag. Now, I know that the offsets for the various berry graphics begin at 26BF8B and end at 26C0CD, but when I load these values into Tile Molester, I can't find anything that looks even remotely like a Berry, no matter what I do and no matter how I view the data (nothing but random pixelated nonsense). Has anyone actually successfully edited the berries in a Ruby hack before? Can anyone give me some advice?

Also, does anyone know anything about changing the order of the Pokédex in Ruby, and what Pokemon appear?
__________________
Signature under construction. Watch this space~

Relevant Advertising!

  #8477    
Old March 5th, 2009 (6:33 PM).
ghostofherooftime's Avatar
ghostofherooftime ghostofherooftime is offline
Phantom of the Internet
     
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: Tennessee
    Age: 31
    Gender:
    Nature: Lax
    Posts: 32
    OK, i've seen alot of talk about fadescreen and everything but i can NEVER find script that actually works to get a sprite (person, item, wild pokemon) to go away immediately. I walk away from it and come back and it's gone, but that looks unprofessional and tacky

    Can someone tell me how to make the sprite disappear right there...a sample script would be appreciated. I use pokescript, but my hacking partner uses XSE so either would be fine

    Thanks
      #8478    
    Old March 5th, 2009 (7:26 PM).
    Megiddo-san's Avatar
    Megiddo-san Megiddo-san is offline
    Barium - Summer '12 Return?
       
      Join Date: Dec 2007
      Location: Where you least expect it
      Age: 25
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 1,331
      #org $begin
      fadescreen 0x1
      #raw 0x53
      #raw 0xpersonno
      #raw 0x0
      setflag 0x (make person id, not person event #, listed at bottom, the same as this flag)
      fadescreen 0x0
      release
      end
      __________________

      Hashire! Asu e tsudzuku shinka no micha wa
        #8479    
      Old March 5th, 2009 (11:21 PM).
      FinalZero's Avatar
      FinalZero FinalZero is offline
      ...
         
        Join Date: Dec 2008
        Posts: 115
        I have a question. Is there a simple way/tool in/for FRLG to change whether a type is physical or special? Or would one have to do it the long way of switching two types, such as dark and ghost, by renaming them and then switching the type of every respective pokemon and move?
          #8480    
        Old March 6th, 2009 (2:16 AM).
        Jerros's Avatar
        Jerros Jerros is offline
        TloS FTW!!!
           
          Join Date: Feb 2008
          Location: Alkmaar, Netherlands
          Age: 26
          Gender:
          Nature: Quiet
          Posts: 72
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by ghostofherooftime View Post
          OK, i've seen alot of talk about fadescreen and everything but i can NEVER find script that actually works to get a sprite (person, item, wild pokemon) to go away immediately. I walk away from it and come back and it's gone, but that looks unprofessional and tacky

          Can someone tell me how to make the sprite disappear right there...a sample script would be appreciated. I use pokescript, but my hacking partner uses XSE so either would be fine

          Thanks
          Depending on what scripting launguage you use, it is:

          PokéScript:
          #raw 0x53 0x0(PERSON EVENT NO.) 0x00

          XSE:
          Hidesprite 0x(PERSON EVENT NO.)

          Don't forget to use a setflag command to keep the sprite from reappearing.
          __________________
            #8481    
          Old March 6th, 2009 (8:30 AM).
          Diegoisawesome's Avatar
          Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
          Oh god the bees
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Dec 2007
          Location: :noitacoL
          Age: 20
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Naive
          Posts: 1,039
          For some reason, Sappy 2006 closes whenever I press the Play button and gives me some error when I try to "Assemble that ugly thing!" It started happening once I reformatted my HD and re-installed windows. I got all the right files and I updated WMP. Can anyone please help?
          __________________


          My other resources:
          My Website
          diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
          diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
          The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
          Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
          GBA Intro Manager
          The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
            #8482    
          Old March 6th, 2009 (8:51 AM).
          Jasuke Jasuke is offline
             
            Join Date: Mar 2009
            Gender:
            Posts: 1
            can some one tell me where can i find newes finished hacks and especially shiny gold?
              #8483    
            Old March 6th, 2009 (9:34 AM). Edited March 6th, 2009 by ghostofherooftime.
            ghostofherooftime's Avatar
            ghostofherooftime ghostofherooftime is offline
            Phantom of the Internet
               
              Join Date: Mar 2009
              Location: Tennessee
              Age: 31
              Gender:
              Nature: Lax
              Posts: 32
              I apologize i will take this to the script help thread
                #8484    
              Old March 6th, 2009 (9:40 AM).
              Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
              Tropical Sunlight Tropical Sunlight is offline
              The Faltine
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2008
                Location: Slovenia
                Age: 21
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 3,578
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jasuke View Post
                can some one tell me where can i find newes finished hacks and especially shiny gold?
                You can search it with Google or go to the Hacks Showcase and select 'Beginning'. I would personally recommend you Naranja, all the Ruby Destiny series and ShinyGold.
                And, this is not exactly the place to ask this.
                ----------------------------------------------
                So, I downloaded TMolester. I'm like a Magikarp in the Distortion World. I can't do anything... I'm lost in the Programme.
                __________________
                  #8485    
                Old March 6th, 2009 (10:55 AM).
                Raziel Raziel is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2007
                  Gender:
                  Posts: 12
                  I assume these are scripting issues..

                  1) I've replaced Viridian Forest with a large underground cave, but it's still showing the Forest image when entering (Although it is showing the new name, Echo Cave) How do I change it to show, say, the image shown when entering Mt. Moon?

                  2) When editing scripts, be it signposts to people speaking (although in the end it's all the same thing), if I edit the text beyond the length of the original message, it either messes up other parts of the same script, or scripts of other people in the area. Is there a way to stop this?
                    #8486    
                  Old March 6th, 2009 (11:28 AM).
                  Perri Lightfoot's Avatar
                  Perri Lightfoot Perri Lightfoot is offline
                  Proud to hack Ruby Version!
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2008
                  Location: Nevada
                  Age: 31
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Modest
                  Posts: 176
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
                  I assume these are scripting issues..

                  1) I've replaced Viridian Forest with a large underground cave, but it's still showing the Forest image when entering (Although it is showing the new name, Echo Cave) How do I change it to show, say, the image shown when entering Mt. Moon?

                  2) When editing scripts, be it signposts to people speaking (although in the end it's all the same thing), if I edit the text beyond the length of the original message, it either messes up other parts of the same script, or scripts of other people in the area. Is there a way to stop this?
                  Can't help much with the first part (I'm a Ruby hacker ; ), but the second problem is easy enough - when the text is bigger, simply repoint. An easy way to do this is to find some free space in your ROM with a program like FSF. Then, create a new "Person talking" script using these new offsets (one for the event itself, one for the text box), compile, and then copy the event offset ( 88D5F3, for example) into the little box in Advance Map labelled "Script Offset." The person should now say the longer text without glitching up anyone else
                  __________________
                  Signature under construction. Watch this space~
                    #8487    
                  Old March 6th, 2009 (12:30 PM).
                  Pokepal17's Avatar
                  Pokepal17 Pokepal17 is offline
                  More cowbell~
                  • Silver Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2008
                  Location: Steeltown
                  Age: 23
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Modest
                  Posts: 1,517
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
                  I assume these are scripting issues..

                  1) I've replaced Viridian Forest with a large underground cave, but it's still showing the Forest image when entering (Although it is showing the new name, Echo Cave) How do I change it to show, say, the image shown when entering Mt. Moon?

                  2) When editing scripts, be it signposts to people speaking (although in the end it's all the same thing), if I edit the text beyond the length of the original message, it either messes up other parts of the same script, or scripts of other people in the area. Is there a way to stop this?
                  1) This happens and there is nothing you can do about it unfortunately
                  2) Pink Parka Girl gave you the right answer
                  __________________
                  Pokémon Stardrop
                    #8488    
                  Old March 6th, 2009 (2:00 PM).
                  Raziel Raziel is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2007
                    Gender:
                    Posts: 12
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Pink Parka Girl View Post
                    Can't help much with the first part (I'm a Ruby hacker ^^; ), but the second problem is easy enough - when the text is bigger, simply repoint. An easy way to do this is to find some free space in your ROM with a program like FSF. Then, create a new "Person talking" script using these new offsets (one for the event itself, one for the text box), compile, and then copy the event offset ( 88D5F3, for example) into the little box in Advance Map labelled "Script Offset." The person should now say the longer text without glitching up anyone else ^^
                    I figured that'd be what I had to do, I just wanted to make sure it was before I went fiddling around with empty spaces and new offsets and such. Thanks.

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Pokepal17 View Post
                    1) This happens and there is nothing you can do about it unfortunately :(
                    Hmm.. I guess I could just run the exit warpzones to Mt Moon and vice verca or something for when I need them.. I'll have to do that if there's nothing else I can do.

                    Thanks, both of you :)
                      #8489    
                    Old March 6th, 2009 (9:20 PM).
                    ninjaman's Avatar
                    ninjaman ninjaman is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2009
                      Gender:
                      Posts: 35
                      when i make wild battle script the sprite disipears after the battle then comes back if you leave the area and come back
                      some one plz help
                        #8490    
                      Old March 7th, 2009 (1:07 AM).
                      Jerros's Avatar
                      Jerros Jerros is offline
                      TloS FTW!!!
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2008
                        Location: Alkmaar, Netherlands
                        Age: 26
                        Gender:
                        Nature: Quiet
                        Posts: 72
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by ninjaman View Post
                        when i make wild battle script the sprite disipears after the battle then comes back if you leave the area and come back
                        some one plz help
                        You must use a "setflag" to keep the sprite from re-appearing.
                        Set the user-ID of the sprite to the flag you set after the battle, and the sprite will stay gone.



                        Now, I have a question:

                        Is it possible to make a 4th-gen combat system in Emerald?
                        I mean, where the moves are phisical/special depending on the move instead of the type?

                        And is it possible to add new types, and determine wether they are special or physical?
                        If so, it might be possible to add all types again, but then in a "reverse" way (so fire, ice ect. will be physical, and dark, steel ect. will be special).

                        Is there anyone that can help me out here?
                        __________________
                          #8491    
                        Old March 7th, 2009 (7:50 AM).
                        IIMarckus's Avatar
                        IIMarckus IIMarckus is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Oct 2007
                          Gender:
                          Posts: 402
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Jerros View Post
                          Is it possible to make a 4th-gen combat system in Emerald?
                          Theoretically, anything is possible. In practice, however, changing the physical/special system would require a very large amount of ASM work that has not been done before or documented in any way, shape, or form.

                          In short, “If you have to ask, no.”
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Jerros View Post
                          And is it possible to add new types, and determine wether they are special or physical?
                          New types can be added, but I don’t see mentions of physical/special in Coolboyman’s type tutorial, and Cy-chan says he can only add special types to the game.
                          __________________
                          iimarck.us / hax.iimarck.us

                          If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

                          If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

                          Pokémon Red disassembly project

                          Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
                          Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
                          Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
                            #8492    
                          Old March 7th, 2009 (7:54 AM).
                          Raziel Raziel is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Sep 2007
                            Gender:
                            Posts: 12
                            How would one go about changing the items given to you by Gym Leaders when you beat them?
                            I assume it's either (using Brock ans an example)
                            Quote:
                            additem 0x147 0x1
                            or
                            Quote:
                            giveitem2 0x147 0x1 0x101
                            My guess is one's an item and one's a badge? The thing is I have no idea which is which, or what code correlates to which item (I.E. poton, super potion, repel, TMxx etc etc).. Is there a list anywhere or something I could use for reference?

                            I should so just find someone else to do the scripting.. I rather suck at it lol
                              #8493    
                            Old March 7th, 2009 (10:12 AM).
                            Sonikku17's Avatar
                            Sonikku17 Sonikku17 is offline
                            Wanderer
                               
                              Join Date: Aug 2008
                              Age: 25
                              Nature: Impish
                              Posts: 18
                              Alright, I'll try this one more time

                              As far as I can tell, I haven't done anything out of the ordinary (I don't use advance text or anything like that), but out of nowhere, for some reason, when the game displays an apostrophe or a quotation mark in a message box, a weird little "phantom" comma appears under it. Anyone know how to fix or get rid of this?

                              And now I have another quick question...

                              How exactly would I go about adding a trainerbattle in the middle of a script so that after the battle is finished, the script continues (like when you fight your rival at various points in Fire Red). Whenever I try to do this, the script ends right after the battle, and therefore doesn't set the flags that I need to be set.
                                #8494    
                              Old March 7th, 2009 (10:17 AM).
                              Pokepal17's Avatar
                              Pokepal17 Pokepal17 is offline
                              More cowbell~
                              • Silver Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2008
                              Location: Steeltown
                              Age: 23
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Modest
                              Posts: 1,517
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Sonikku17 View Post
                              Alright, I'll try this one more time

                              As far as I can tell, I haven't done anything out of the ordinary (I don't use advance text or anything like that), but out of nowhere, for some reason, when the game displays an apostrophe or a quotation mark in a message box, a weird little "phantom" comma appears under it. Anyone know how to fix or get rid of this?

                              And now I have another quick question...

                              How exactly would I go about adding a trainerbattle in the middle of a script so that after the battle is finished, the script continues (like when you fight your rival at various points in Fire Red). Whenever I try to do this, the script ends right after the battle, and therefore doesn't set the flags that I need to be set.
                              For the battle use
                              trainerbattle 0x1 0xbattle number from A-trainer/PET 0x0 @pointer to text before battle @pointer to text after battle @pointer to events after battle
                              __________________
                              Pokémon Stardrop
                                #8495    
                              Old March 7th, 2009 (1:02 PM).
                              chazethechat chazethechat is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Sep 2008
                                Posts: 37
                                I need some help. When I insert music into the game, all it does is sound like a bunch of bleeps and bloops. I have like 5 midis, and everyone does it. Please help.
                                __________________

                                Name: Entei
                                Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
                                  #8496    
                                Old March 7th, 2009 (1:19 PM).
                                Robert Conley's Avatar
                                Robert Conley Robert Conley is offline
                                GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
                                   
                                  Join Date: Oct 2008
                                  Location: The Anti Spiral Homeworld
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Docile
                                  Posts: 330
                                  Anyone know how to extract sprites from platinum? If so please tel me!
                                  __________________
                                    #8497    
                                  Old March 7th, 2009 (2:00 PM).
                                  Lady Berlitz's Avatar
                                  Lady Berlitz Lady Berlitz is offline
                                  Cinnamon ♪
                                     
                                    Join Date: May 2007
                                    Location: An igloo in Canada
                                    Nature: Adamant
                                    Posts: 1,774
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by hildetorr View Post
                                    Anyone know how to extract sprites from platinum? If so please tel me!
                                    Could you elaborate? What do you mean by 'extract'? :s
                                    __________________
                                    _█████████_
                                    _█▄█████▄█_
                                    _█▼▼▼▼▼▼▼█_
                                    ██_______██
                                    _█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
                                    _█████████_
                                    _██_____██_
                                      #8498    
                                    Old March 7th, 2009 (2:44 PM).
                                    Pokepal17's Avatar
                                    Pokepal17 Pokepal17 is offline
                                    More cowbell~
                                    • Silver Tier
                                     
                                    Join Date: Oct 2008
                                    Location: Steeltown
                                    Age: 23
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Modest
                                    Posts: 1,517
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Esmas View Post
                                    Could you elaborate? What do you mean by 'extract'? :s
                                    I think hildetorr means how can he take sprites from Platinum and insert them into a GBA ROM.
                                    __________________
                                    Pokémon Stardrop
                                      #8499    
                                    Old March 7th, 2009 (2:45 PM).
                                    Robert Conley's Avatar
                                    Robert Conley Robert Conley is offline
                                    GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
                                       
                                      Join Date: Oct 2008
                                      Location: The Anti Spiral Homeworld
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Docile
                                      Posts: 330
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Esmas View Post
                                      Could you elaborate? What do you mean by 'extract'? :s
                                      Like how you use unlz.gba to get the sprites out of the gba roms.
                                      __________________
                                        #8500    
                                      Old March 7th, 2009 (8:27 PM).
                                      Mr. GT's Avatar
                                      Mr. GT Mr. GT is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jan 2009
                                        Gender:
                                        Posts: 9
                                        A small question, do scripts that unlocks or activate the National Dex affect the Elite Four in anyway? I mean Gameshark codes mention something about if you use these codes before reaching Saffron city, you won't be able to fight the E4 in their first stages. I'm curious to see if they do or not.
                                        Closed Thread

                                        Quick Reply

                                        Join the conversation!

                                        Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                        Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                        Sponsored Links
                                        Thread Tools

                                        Posting Rules
                                        You may not post new threads
                                        You may not post replies
                                        You may not post attachments
                                        You may not edit your posts

                                        BB code is On
                                        Smilies are On
                                        [IMG] code is On
                                        HTML code is Off

                                        Forum Jump


                                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:13 AM.