• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
  • Remember, we don't rate on tiles.

I'm a little busy to give a full review, but that's a really good map there! The mountain shape is a little square and unnatural in parts...and the houses with no door are weird. 8/10

Madridista

Years
  • Revamped PALLET TOWN:

f_PALLETTOWNm_0e9b0ac.png

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
  • Revamped PALLET TOWN:

img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/3/11/21/f_PALLETTOWNm_0e9b0ac.png

I like this map. It's simple. The only complaint that I have is that the very thin parts of the path don't look right. I'm also not a huge fan of varying path widths, but it doesn't look bad here. I see no tile errors either.

Overall I give it an 8.7/10

Teddiursa™

Never Give up
    Years
  • map name : Xiaonda Town (To change..)
    name of hack - Pokemon Terra
    hack of: fire red
    comments - this is my hack pokemon terra, which is findable through my signature, or Scrapbox..
    Credits - FM Tiles, Disturbed - Rombase.

2q9hqvn.jpg

Last edited:

Likewise

Bye.
    Years
  • I'm guessing you used Disturbed's rom base if yes than you have to credit him.

The placement of the trees is nice but the paths are too square so is the much uneeded water.
    Also you shouldn't have two different kinds of paths, especially those two.

6.5/10
    cant see any tile errors.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I'm possibly starting Tensai's Secret over, and with a Rom Base.
    I made a map, and I want to see it it is maybe good enough to use in TS.

Map Name: N/A
    Map of: Fire Red
    Credits: Lucario 9 and WAH
    Comments: 1. Okay, the reason why there is a gap between the bridge and land, is because I want to make a jumping script to get back and forth. ;P
    2. You may see a tile error comparing the corners of the lake, and the path palette. I couldn't find a possible tile to match, and couldn't make in in the BE. :/
    So, please do not deduct points from that. Thank you.
    Map:

png-1.jpg

Likewise

Bye.
    Years
  • Well as much as I am against rom bases for hacks, this map is okay, not as good at the old one.
    It is a bit square on the right side, and it is maybe too simple.
    The path too the far left is too square and it is uneeded, there is also too much emptey space, try filling it up.

7/10

in my opinion use the old one.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • I'm possibly starting Tensai's Secret over, and with a Rom Base.
    I made a map, and I want to see it it is maybe good enough to use in TS.

Map Name: N/A
    Comments: 1. Okay, the reason why there is a gap between the bridge and land, is because I want to make a jumping script to get back and forth. ;P
    2. You may see a tile error comparing the corners of the lake, and the path palette. I couldn't find a possible tile to match, and couldn't make in in the BE. :/
    So, please do not deduct points from that. Thank you.
    Map:

png-1.jpg

Rating: 92/100 (A-)

Comments: This map is very beautiful. It just jumped out at me when I saw it. I love the idea for the lab being in the middle of the water. How are they going to get onto that pier though?

Suggestions: Change the city sign to a wooden sign (the one that is going to say the town name, not the one in front of the lab.) Also remove some of the rocks in the water. It is a bit crowded.

Map Name: Ivory Town

ROM: N/A

ROM Base: N/A

Comments: My mapper (Red Gyarados) made this map and transfered it to my computer. When I opened it, I made a few edits that I thought would make it look better. So I would like to get your opinions before I put it into my game. Thanks.

Credits: Kyledove, Red Gyarados and myself.

IvoryTown-2.png

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    My very first map called HALLOW TOWN:

Please don't hesitate to criticize, I'm really trying to learn mapping right now and I need some criticism to get me going.

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
  • halobro35,

Comments: You're map is very square. There is a lot of extra space that really makes the map look empty. The path is much too thin. You really shouldn't have grass tiles in a town or city because there wouldn't be any wild pokemon in a town. The mountain on the left is rather odd looking and you only need one stair tile there instead of two. I do like the beach though. It's not too uniform. Although, there could be more sand. Found some tile errors on the beach. The corners where the sand meets the water aren't done right.
    Suggestions: Make the map a little smaller and push some of the buildings together. Try to place the trees in a different style because if you look outside, most tree lines aren't exactly straight. If you make a mountain, don't make it so square/rectangular. Try to vary the size and width to make it look more natural.
    Map Rating: 4/10, It isn't a very good map, but it isn't a very bad map.

This is only your first map, keep practicing and you could become a very good mapper. Don't get discouraged with bad ratings and accept advice whenever you can.

Good luck!

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • My very first map called HALLOW TOWN:

Please don't hesitate to criticize, I'm really trying to learn mapping right now and I need some criticism to get me going.

Rating - 20/100 (F-)

Comments: Having wild grass inside a town is never a good idea. I don't like the mountains at all. Not enough trees either. The map is rather square-shaped and you shouldn't have cave entrances inside a town.

Suggestions: Remove the wild grass. Add more trees to make the map border less square. Remove the cave.

Final Comments: Keep trying. At least you have the attitude to learn. You will improve through time and practice. The beach looks nice though. :)

P.S. Still looking for people to rate my map above!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Rating: 92/100 (A-)

Comments: This map is very beautiful. It just jumped out at me when I saw it. I love the idea for the lab being in the middle of the water. How are they going to get onto that pier though?

Suggestions: Change the city sign to a wooden sign (the one that is going to say the town name, not the one in front of the lab.) Also remove some of the rocks in the water. It is a bit crowded.

Map Name: Ivory Town

Comments: My mapper (Red Gyarados) made this map and transfered it to my computer. When I opened it, I made a few edits that I thought would make it look better. So I would like to get your opinions before I put it into my game. Thanks.

IvoryTown-2.png
    It's a nice map. :3

Rating: 8.3/10~
    Errors: No errors really...
    Suggestions: Too much unused space, so fix that up, and get rid of that random mountain, cause it really doesn't fit in. :/
    Comments: The map is lovely, and I love the mixture between the forest's shadows near the trees and the path! ^^

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • A new map by me in how long?

Anyway, here it is:
    Name: TBTO
    Hack: Mine
    Mapshot: And here...we...go.
    cityii5.png

There's a river delta to the west, a mountain to the north, a grassy route to the south and a river route to the east.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • A new map by me in how long?

Anyway, here it is:
    cityii5.png

There's a river delta to the west, a mountain to the north, a grassy route to the south and a river route to the east.

Rating: 76/100 (C+)

Comments: I like the map. Not too square and the mountains have a nice shape. The orange houses hurt my eyes and I think you overused that house a bit. I don't like the joint house and PokeCenter. You should only really joint a Mart and a Center.

Suggestions: Take out some of the orange houses and put some different variations in their place. Remove the joint house and center.

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    A new map by me in how long?

Anyway, here it is:
    cityii5.png

I really like this map as far as shapes and lines are concerned... they all seem pretty natural, but.... something in side me just screams for me to set those orange houses on fire... have you ever seen an orange house in real life? I've seen one.... and I facepalmed so hard I got a bloody nose... my sis thought it was hilarious... anyways... try something more natural... like brown... or cream.... or sky blue at worst. Just not orange. Btw... I love the idea of a family-run pokemon healing place, and if that's what you were trying to do there, you are the proud wielder of epic-win. Otherwise... conformity might be best. Pokemon care is socialized, after all... silly European regions...

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
  • Map Name: Ivory Town

Comments: I like how you used a variety of house. It's boring to see just one type of house. I like the paths too. They fit well with the map. The only thing I can complain about is the mountain in the enclosure. It doesn't fit.
    Suggestions: Replace the mountain with a few trees or something so there isn't empty space.
    Rating: 8.9/10. Overall, it's a great map and I like it.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • but.... something in side me just screams for me to set those orange houses on fire... have you ever seen an orange house in real life? I've seen one.... and I facepalmed so hard I got a bloody nose... my sis thought it was hilarious... anyways... try something more natural... like brown... or cream.... or sky blue at worst. Just not orange.

The orange houses hurt my eyes and I think you overused that house a bit.

I have a feeling nobody likes the Vermillion City houses? :P Time to go and find Fangking's giant pile of work again...:P

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    A new map by me in how long?

Anyway, here it is:
    cityii5.png

Rating: 9/10
    Errors: ...
    Suggestions: Fill up empty space, add a few rocks in the water.
    Comments: I'm perfectly fine with the houses, just too much unused space, and the water seems quite bare to me as well. Other than that, still a great map. ;)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fixed my map.

Map Name: N/A~
    Comments: Took off the bridge and pond.
    Map:
    lolfix.jpg

Last edited:

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • Rating: 9/10
    Comments: I'm perfectly fine with the houses, just too much unused space, and the water seems quite bare to me as well. Other than that, still a great map. ;)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fixed my map.

Map:
    lolfix.jpg

Rating: 82/100 (B-)

Comments: To be honest, I really liked the other map with the pond and bridge. It was unique and fresh. This rings too much of a normal factor prior to the other map, which is why I gave you a lower grade than before. The colors are nice and soft on the eyes and the map isn't square. Well made.

Suggestions: Bring back the pond!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

P.S. I like to add all of my review scores up and get an average score. I would really like it if I could get at least one more review on my Ivory Town map before I average it. Thank you

Last edited:

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
  • Rating: 9/10
    Fixed my map.

Map:

I liked the first version of this map much better. The idea to have a jumping script over to the platform was creative. I say bring back the pond and it will be an easy 9/10.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back