• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Okay, I'm going to use the regular tiles for my hack.
    Here is the revamped starter town with the original tiles.

Map Name: Still thinking
    Map of: Fire Red
    Comments: Script to get across bridge and back.
    Map shot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

MudMast

Does not exist.
    Years
  • heres some maps I made during my inactivity:
    Credits: Gamefreak for Pokémon Ruby and FireRed Tiles

Map 1 Name: Lake Verity (Just the Lakefront)
    Map Game: Pokémon Alpha (Ruby Hack)
    Comments: I have dis-included the actual lake as that is unavaliable in this pre-beta.
    Map:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Map 2 Name: Route 219
    Map Game: Pokémon Alpha (Ruby Hack)
    Comments: Please do not rate the bottom half of this map, but comment on the whole map if you can.
    Map:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • Okay, I'm going to use the regular tiles for my hack.
    Here is the revamped starter town with the original tiles.

Map Name: Still thinking
    Comments: Script to get across bridge and back.
    Map shot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Much better now. A bit of open space you need to fix. So I will give you a 90/100 (A-)

Magneto20

CoOmnipotent1of Pokemon:WARPED
    Years
  • Map Name: Mt. Cassius

Map Game: FireRed

Comments: This is a map from mine and AndyP159's mini-hack, Christmas Capers in Septo. It's an exterior location in a colossal mountain called Mt. Cassius. Both cave doors lead to seperate parts of the mountain. This is the first 'official' route in the hack.
    Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    Map Name: Unknown
    Map Game: Fire Red
    Hack Game: Pokemon Crimson Version
    Description: 1 of 3 of the starter maps that I may choose to use in my hack :)
    Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
  • Map Name: Mt. Cassius

Map Game: FireRed

Comments: This is a map from mine and AndyP159's mini-hack, Christmas Capers in Septo. It's an exterior location in a colossal mountain called Mt. Cassius. Both cave doors lead to seperate parts of the mountain. This is the first 'official' route in the hack.
    Mapshot:

Comments: The mountain is much to uniform. Try to vary it so each level doesn't line up. There should be a little more grass. The player can easily avoid most of the grass. I also think the rock was overused a little. I don't think flowers would be growing on a mountain in a snowy environment. I don't see any tile errors and that a plus.
    Suggestions: Remove some of the rocks and add some more grass. Vary the levels of the mountain.
    Rating: 6/10

.Scream

Professor
    Years
  • Map Rating/Review Thread

Map Name: Route 1
    Base ROM: Fire Red

Comments: Turned out pretty well. A cave that contains pretty decent pokemon with the little house becoming the house where you get HM2, (Which has to be a little hidden).

I'm new to mapping. Take it easy on me.

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
  • Map Name: Route 1

Comments: Turned out pretty well. A cave that contains pretty decent pokemon with the little house becoming the house where you get HM2, (Which has to be a little hidden).

Comments: First thing I noticed is that your map is very square in places. The mountain levels follow the same pattern and this is a no-no. There really shouldn't be a cave on the first route anyways. The path looks awkward in the top left corner where it gets really skinny.
    Suggestions: Vary the shape of the levels on the mountain so it isn't so uniform. Try to arrange the trees in a way so you're map isn't square. Fix the path up a little bit.
    Rating: 5/10

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Map Name: Route 401
    Comments: I don't care if you think the grass is too "square", it has some shape to me, and looks fine. And the guy how gives you the potion is in the grass inside the path.
    Map shot:

Map Rating/Review Thread

Last edited:

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
  • Map Name: Route 401
    Comments: I don't care if you think the grass is too "square", it has some shape to me, and looks fine. And the guy how gives you the potion is in the grass inside the path.
    Map shot:

Comments: I really like what you did with the circle in the middle of the route. It looks really good. The map overall has a great shape. There is very little emptiness. I couldn't find any tile errors either.
    Suggestions: Maybe add a tree in the middle circle, if not it's still fine.
    Rating: 8.8/10

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • How's this?

Hollow Town revamped:

Once again, don't hesitate to criticize =) .

Map Rating/Review ThreadMap Rating/Review Thread

Time to rate your map again. Well last time you got a 20/100. Lets see how far you've come from before.

Rating: 60/100 (D-)

Comments: Okay, lets get one thing straight. You have improved. A lot. You went up 40 points in the rating score in the timespan of one map. So you are getting better. I don't like the path. It should stretch to at least the lab. The trees are a bit square on the left side. The beach has a lot of straight lines, which is bad. Also, both houses are supposed to be the same (Hero and Rival).

Suggestions: Make the path stretch to at least the lab. Un-square the trees. Make the beach more wavy and change the houses so they are the same.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Map Name: Trainers' School Inner

ROM Base: N/A

Hack: N/A

Comments: Just the interior to the trainers' school in my game. I am especially proud of how the library turned out. Do not mind the Pokeballs on the desk and the books on the table. They are events so that is why they are cropped and transparent.

Credits: Myself for mapping it and Kyledove for the tilesets.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Map Name: Route 1

It's too symmetrical.. The grass patterns flow in a straight line, they need to be scattered out.. Same goes for your Mountains.. try putting them in different patterns..
    Yea, I could tell you were New xP

Map Name: Unknown
    Map Game: Fire Red
    Hack Game: Pokemon Crimson Version
    Description: 1 of 3 of the starter maps that I may choose to use in my hack :)
    Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    Please don't forget my map xP

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2012
    @Xray:Okay...
    The map ist good... the mapping is very great.
    But the I didn't like the tiles... they are very custom^^
    The pals are Ok too...
    Rating: 7.5/10

@Scream:
    This map... I can see that you are a beginner.
    There are a lot of mapping mistakes and the map looks not so...good.
    Its too symmetrical...
    Rating: 4/10

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Map Name: Hidden Grove
    Game; Fire Red
    Comments: Well I'm making a new solo hack and I'm trying to improve my mapping. Also the rock in the lake is for a new script that I've made for it. The sign is used in a special script that allows the player to get a new item. And finally please do not take off marks for the berry spots because i have to use them as a warp
    Credit to Kyledove for the tiles

Map:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Map Name: Tropical route
    Game: Firered
    Comment: The first tropical map of my hack King of Sea

Map Rating/Review Thread

A brilliant map indeed. Great use of tiles. The shape of the map is wonderful, so as the mountain's. Very impressive mapping.

Rating: 9/10

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
  • Map Name: Hidden Grove
    Game; Fire Red
    Comments: Well I'm making a new solo hack and I'm trying to improve my mapping. Also the rock in the lake is for a new script that I've made for it. The sign is used in a special script that allows the player to get a new item. And finally please do not take off marks for the berry spots because i have to use them as a warp
    Credit to Kyledove for the tiles

Map:
    Spoiler:

Comments: The map shape is done quite well. It's not very square. The pond/lake seems a little too blocky to me. The turns are a little too drastic. The kyledove house doesn't really fit with these palettes and tiles in my opinion.
    Suggestions: Change the pond/lake so that when it turns, it turns a little by a time. I think it looks more natural that way.
    Map Rating: 7.5/10

Map Name: Route 501
    ROM: Fire Red BPRE
    Credits: Lucario_9 and myself for the palettes, Alistair for some of the tiles.
    Map:
    Spoiler:

Map Rating/Review Thread

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back