• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Sure, Nirvana/Nightmare doesn't know for 100% that Robin is the only one with detection, but looking at it systematically Phoenix misses completely so she probably doesn't have detection, Turnip asks someone else if they have detection, so he probably doesn't have it, and Kagome doesn't attack Nirvana directly either, though Kagome wasn't included since she jumped into the action after Nirvana/Nightmare made the conclusion.

I'm sorry, it's not me saying Turnip was foolish it's just being in character. You know, playing the villain. ;)

Indeed. As I said, perceptive :) And yeah, I know it was IC, that's why I was referring to Nirvana himself in that statement, and not you, Colony. It's all good :p
It's this kind of standoff that makes me realise that SAO must actually be quite unique in terms of its damage mechanics. It seems to simulate more realistic combat far more easily. Apply Skyrim damage, maybe Baldur's Gate damage, hell, even Call of Duty damage, and Nirvana would be soooo dead, because he'd be in a 1v4 situation in which he probably couldn't deal enough damage to Robin before dying (although for CoD (fish!) it's probably more a case of everyone dying immediately. Not so sure why I included it now). SAO on the other hand, and hostage situations work just as effectively as reality. I don't know how it works with damage multipliers, or continued damage for blades left in the body, but when you think about it, that's probably some pretty extensive coding. SAO is one complex-ass game.

In any case, should I post in regards to Colony's post? Or should I wait for Dusk to post next? I'm asking 'cause Nightmare's attempting to take Robin hostage.
I don't know how Dusk feels, but I think it's probably for the best, considering that the Nirvana-Robin interaction is pretty much as direct as it's going to get.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
It's very true that damage in SAO is extremely complex in nature but in my opinion it's the diversity in abilities that make combat complex. For example, if Nirvana didn't have hiding he would more than likely be killed or forced to surrender in a matter of minutes, but on the other hand if Robin didn't have detection Nirvana would have a significant enough of an advantage that the overwhelming numbers probably wouldn't matter. On a sidenote I hope this whole hostage thing works, 'cause it takes me quite of bit of time to make a believable reaction for Nightmare (it would actually be easier to do Nirvana since he's more timid and not actually evil).

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Well, Dusk, I'm not exactly sure how you get a full 180 degree attack out of:

Add that to the cooldown and it is far from a 360 degree attack. You are right, though, about my being wrong in how I perceived the attack. On the other hand, you describe the attack in the SU as being more cross/asterisk shaped, which is still pretty simple to dodge if you aren't actually being targeted. If you want I can edit my post to make it more accurate, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who wasn't quite sure how to interpret Phoenix's Flame Slash... Hopefully that didn't come out too harsh.
I, err.... Huh?

You honestly stumped me here. I'm not certain where in the description it is mentioned as cross or asterisk-shaped, and I'm not sure what it has to do with the cooldown, either. So... I think all I can do in response is explain it a little further.

The first slash must be vertical, because it happens when the blade is unsheathed the first slash is automatic; however, the second and third can be used at any other time and at any angle that the user chooses. Cooldown doesn't apply until the last flame slash is used. While Flame Slash is active, the blade is lit aflame, and stays burning until used up.

See, the purpose behind Phoenix using it here in the way she did wasn't for causing damage as much as it was to break the hiding status. The attack is very minimal if the blade doesn't hit, so the point of using it like this is to do the minor damage that would pull Nightmare out of hiding, with the optional bonus of inflicting a burn, which would prevent any re-hiding.

However, if you're intent that the move missed still, then my input really has no effect on the outcome. That said, I could post next with an idea I have in mind, that I could PM to you and see if it's alright, because it may be a bit of a stretch.

Also, I would just like to say that I am very pleased with the bread posting. You've all done phenomenally. Cat bread has been noted for future bread.
Mission: Success!

Welp, I've seen cat-related shows today, & Cat Breading...is tht a coincidence?
No. You've been blessed

I don't know how Dusk feels, but I think it's probably for the best, considering that the Nirvana-Robin interaction is pretty much as direct as it's going to get.
I feel like almost three times now a simple idea has dissolved into something crazy with the addition of more players, but it seems like there's little choice but to go with it.

Colony

Years
@Dusk: Maybe I insinuated something that wasn't clearly defined. I still don't quite see where you're getting 360 degree coverage from, since it's never mentioned that the attacks spread out like sound waves(or does it?). Go ahead and send me the PM. Depending on how events play out it may be the only option without having Nirvana killed or making a Deus Ex Machina (which I would greatly wish to prevent).

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Yeah, I think "sound waves" is a pretty good description of the shape/movement of the fire.

I'm working on the PM as we speak, anyway.

Note: Colony and I have planned this bit via PM, so bunnying was only necessary for speeding up the process.

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Is it weird that I feel like I'm some big sister here trying to keep everyone from going against the rules?

I have 5 little brothers so it could be because of that...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Is it weird that I feel like I'm some big sister here trying to keep everyone from going against the rules?

I have 5 little brothers so it could be because of that...
Actually, you're our mom, mom. You should know this, stop acting like you're a teen again.

Also, @Colony and @Dusk, mind if Kagome interacts with you (before or after Colony posts, depending on what you prefer). I hadn't really planned on having Kagome follow Godot to the second floor, anyway, and this would really be their "parting ways" of sorts.

As a result, I'm gonna post her SU...soonish.

Colony

Years
@Machomuu: Uhm, I don't mind it if Kagome interacts with Nirvana (not my decision regarding Phoenix, though it seems her goal is to return the cloak). It could be interesting to see how they would react to each other in a safe zone (a lot of smack talk would be had by Nirvana/Nightmare).

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Oooohohoh, Dusk, you've seriously got Turnip pissed. If those two ever meet again, don't expect a warm greeting. It gets even more extreme with her attitude when Turnip's identity is considered, but that's more-or-less secret and sort of weird. Still, I'm working on my post now.

Also, Machomuu, Turnip and Robin are still in more or less the same place, for now.

And yet another edit to this post: I know bastard was used in the series, but I don't know about, uh... the synonym for female dog. I personally consider them same-level, and I think it might have been used in the series, but I don't want to offend anyone :p

Okaay, that's sort of obsolete. Pokécommunity won't have it :p ADJUSTING... technically biatch isn't a real word... don't really know where it stands. If anything, I think it's less harsh, actually.

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Because Robin was near the vicinity of that teleport crystal Phoenix through at/to Nightmare, & the fact Nightmare had him hostage, did he also get teleported with Nightmare?

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Well, Chuckles, Taka's on the floor jamming out on one of his many instruments if you wouldn't mind interacting with a bard.

You spoony bard!

I love bards where abouts is he located?

Spoiler:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
He's just roaming the streets of Urbus. He's not doing anything in particular. He'll be in a random food shop probably, nearer to his scrawling on the wall. Have your character find a man in a dark cloak. That'll be him.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Bad news guys. My parents changed the password of the wifi and I'm only getting it on the 11th or 12th of October. I'm glad I have wifi at college but it will be hard for me to answer questions, review SU's and post. ShinyDiamond will be in charge of those.

Ofcourse I'll still post but it will take longer ^^;;; my apologies... I'll be back soon.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Because Robin was near the vicinity of that teleport crystal Phoenix through at/to Nightmare, & the fact Nightmare had him hostage, did he also get teleported with Nightmare?
Nuuuuuuuuuupe.

It only comes into contact with Nightmare, so he is the only one affected.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I shall take over most stuff here since Pink's having issues with the whole Wi-Fi thing. I gots it! Why do I always get stuck with the icky jobs? xD

@L96~ Your Personality & History are a bit short. Maybe add a bit more personality for us GMs to better understand Sakura. As for history, explain more about her history. Suggestion: You could explain how her social life, if possible, is.

Rippers Slash might be a bit overpowered. A Sword Art with that many hits, plus a 5-hit KO combo, is a bit much, no offense. Maybe a more reasonable Sword Art will be acceptable.

Last edited:
Back