• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*▲* New Year's Tournament *▲*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minabii

tree
Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2008
    Quick question:

December 29th Semi-Finals
    December 30th Final Four

Are these not the same thing? Or are there 2 rounds of four?

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • No they aren't. Here's my math/logic:

32/2= 16 16 make it to quarters.
    16/2= 8 8 Make it to Semi-Finals
    8/2= 4 4 Make it to Final Four
    4/2=2 2 Make it to Finals
    2/2=1 1 Wins.

I understand that they shouldn't be called Semi-finals, but they'll just stay that way.

~desu Saba~

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • lol Sabaku, don't get down on yourself so early. Anything can happen in a battle.

Of course, you might want to spread out the times a little bit. The same thing can happen here as in the match with my friend Venomancer and Sk8.

.Aero

Years
  • You got a point there, but I'd like the finals to be on January first, but I say we should take a vote.

If you want the dates to be more spread out, vote for it.

If you want them to stay the same and the tourney to finish up on New Year's Day, vote for it.

~desu Saba~

ABYAY

Years
  • Most people are probably visiting family and such around New Year's, so I think for the sake of those people, it should be extended.

My vote's for extension.

.Aero

Years
  • You're right. Maybe it should start on New Year's? But heats last from 26-31st? That way people have a long time to get the first battle in? Or should it start later?

If we started on the 26th and finished heats on the 31st, it'd be nearly a week to finish heats.

~desu Saba~

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    I just MIGHT join this, I am getting a new USB today... lets please hope to god this one actually keeps working for at least one month.. PLEASE

EDIT: Count Glisctillery in too, I know he'd want to join

.Aero

Years
  • I'm glad to hear that Name. ^^ I've added both of you to the bracket.

Wait, how many USB things have you gone through now? xD I had one that lost connection right before I could connect, but then I figured out that we had a router. xD

~desu Saba~

SHP133

is the Original Gator Hater
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    normal eggs (with decent IVs) and some egg moves so both really.

.Aero

Years
  • I'll add you to the list. And there is no point in posting your friend code. The rules clearly state that it has to be in your profile or signature. That's so it's easy for people to find your friend code.

~desu Saba~

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
  • Yo. Do you want me to start breeding pokemon from now. Because I already have a box full of pokemon.

O wait. Im breeding eggs...Ok.
    So do you want me to breed eggs starting from now?

.Aero

Years
  • Here's you task for normal egg breeding. Once 16 people fail out of the tournament (after the heats) they will post their scores (like 6-6 pokemon) and what pokemon they want as their breeded prize. So you can't start breeding until after the heats.
    EDIT: This was confusing. I didn't know what I was trying to say. Just don't start breeding yet. I'll tell you when.

Another thing. The tournament will start on New Year's Day. This is for the reason that ABYAY said, and so people have more time to prepare teams. More spread out dates will make it easier to get battles in.

Another thing. I don't want people coming here say "For the record, I PM'd blah blah and he/she hasn't replied yet. What do I do?" I don't need to know that you PM'd them. You do that on your own, and if battle results aren't up by the last date of whatever round, the inactive member is knocked out of the tournament. If neither of the opponents reply in time, they are both knocked out. That will create an uneven bracket. But I have a solution for this. The person who lost a match with the closest match goes through. Let's say there was a battle and the final score was 6-0. Obviously the person with 6 goes on. And another match ended at 1-0. Since that match was closer, both of those two would go through. If this ends up happening, I'll explain further.

~desu Saba~

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
  • Ok just to let you know, is that I dont might not have every single pokemon so what if someone requests a pokemon I dont have? Then what?

.Aero

Years
  • Well if you don't have it, and I don't have it, and SHP doesn't have it. Then we'll have to ask them to request something else.

~desu Saba~

ABYAY

Years
  • I should also add Sabaku, that people have school, so if someone tries to play someone say in Germany or in Europe in general, it'll be difficult. Those will have to wait until weekends.

.Aero

Years
  • Yeah, xP This tournament is gonna take forever, but it will work. I'm still debating with myself when the dates will be. (which is why they aren't changed yet) Like how long each round I should give. A week so that there is a weekend for battles in each round? Or 3-4 days just so it goes faster? I like the first more, that way there are no default wins.

~desu Saba~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back