• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ The Psionic Citadel ★ (Psychic Pokemon fan club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
  • Whoa! I didn't check this club for a bit and it turns out that Psylora won! Definitely not what I was expecting! Congrats to mR for winning too! I can't help but wonder if the results would have been the same if darkpokeball and DualBlade had voted...

I guess I'll get a Kirlia named Kyla. Eventually, I'm hoping to get the whole Ralts family. And that's going to take a while...

Years
  • Hey guys, submitting a new banner:

★ The Psionic Citadel ★ (Psychic Pokemon fan club)

I chose Reuniclus and Gothitelle to be on it cos they are an ideal pair.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Limanya exhausted her party slots.

Nice banner Hikari! Though Reuniclus and Gothithelle will not look good together! That two is like... water and oil!

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
  • Hey, thanks for the banner, Hikari! It looks great! I'll make a a new section for banners in the OP for banners.

Gothitelle and Reuniclus maybe the version exclusive mono-Psychics, but design-wise I don't think they are that great of a pair. I mean, a goth girl and a cell undergoing Mitosis? But the symmetry in their poses really looks good.

miltankRancher

Years
  • I don't even know why they are the ones partnered by Gamefreak. Unlike other version exclusives, these two has nothing in common. Except, well, being version exclusives and all.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
  • Most of the version exclusives have something common in their designs, but Game Freak doesn't follow this rule strictly. For example, Skarmory and Mantine don't have much in common other that a secondary flying type and similar stats with different distribution. Sableye and Mawile are also not very "couple-ish".

Btw, does anyone remember the pre-release speculations that Gothitelle was an evolution of Jynx? Jynx has a lot of things in common with Magmar and Electabuzz (they're all humanoid, they complete the Ice-Fire-Electric circle just like the legendary birds, they all got a Baby form at the same time). But sadly, the dark lady didn't get an evolution even though Magmar and Electabuzz got one each in gen 4. I think it's high time she got one.

miltankRancher

Years
  • I think she's as complete as she is. Her partner is Mr. Mime by the way, and not Magmar/ Electabuzz. I think, looking at their design, they could not evolve any further. I mean, anything more mature that their design is... creepy. What they both need is a new ability. Stop giving them crappy abilities. Both would welcome what Espeon anjd Alakazam gained. Magic Bounce.

Oh. Also, fix the crappy stats.

miltankRancher

Years

• How about fix the crappy EVERYTHING! The design, the movepool, the purple face, everything! Its up there with Burmy for the worst line EVER CREATED.

Well, IMO, Jynx is way more better than Gothitelle. Not sure battle-wise but, design-wise, Jynx leads with a few points.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
  • Ok, first of all, Alakazam doesn't have Magic Bounce. And Jynx with Magic Bounce wouldn't be too much of an improvement, considering it has such poor defensive stats (even worse than Espeon), so a mispredict can lead to an untimely death (or faint, whatever). Magic Guard Jynx, however, would be really cool. It's become immune to Stealth Rock and Sandstorm and would be able to hold a Life Orb without any health loss.

Dry Skin is also a very good ability in the 5th gen. Its main downside is the increased weakness to Fire and the damage in sun, but those get nullified in Rain and the Fire attacks can be walked by other Water types in a Rain Dance team. Plus it gives free healing like Rain Dish and an extra immunity to a commonly used attacking type. If Jynx had a Rain abusing move like Thunder or Surf, that and Dry Skin would've made it a much better Pokemon.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
  • Sorry. I always mix Espeon and Alakazam's ability. :\

I did not think of that, mainly because I had toxicroak in mind whenever I hear Dry Skin. Well, Jynx could be better if she had those what you said.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
    Years
  • Sayan is the epic competitive battling master. He knows everything there is to know about it. :)

Being made by an epic competitive battling master, this club's newest topics all are either about competitive battling, or can be turned into the direction of competitive battling, so I'd start a topic that isn't going to be easily led to competitive battling, as there are many people who aren't competitive battlers, but I can't think of anything right now...

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Only Espeon and Xatu has Magic Bounce abilities..

Sorry I've been away for so long. Not to mention that I happened to have a female Latios as my partner Pokemon? :O (Which was suppose to be Latias! haha)

@Limanya- Recolor of a different Shiny Pokemon? Alakazam. I want him to be more badass, and the color he has now has to be a joke for his style. Instead of keeping his yellow head and arms, etc, why not make it navy blue, back or dark violet? I think he would look even more sicker that way, but that's just me.

Not to mention I want Espeon to be like...Red or Blue instead of green.. :\

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back