• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ The Spring RP Awards 2014 ★

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023

★ The Spring RP Awards 2014 ★

After our pause, due to member of the year surfacing, we've had a strong run of roleplays - good and old. This seasonal award is meant to congratulate those who have contributed to the Roleplay Corner over the last three months.

Please make sure to vote for relevent people who have been active between January-March.

Rules:
    • All nominations end on 11:59pm on the April 11th (GMT). At this point the thread will be locked and the votes counted.
    • You cannot nominate yourself or your own roleplay.
    • Please keep your nominations in one post.
    • All threads and members nominated must be currently active. You cannot nominate a locked or a dead roleplay or a member who has been inactive in the roleplay boards for over a month.
    • Give a reason for your nomination, otherwise that vote will not be counted.
    • Make sure your reason is valid, do not vote for someone just because they are your friend - I will veto any votes I feel are being used this way.
    • You cannot vote for a previous winner from the last RPA. Sorry guys, but we need to give everyone a chance (see below) - they may be voted for a different award.
    • If a winner is one who has already won the emblem before, they will not receive a new one, but they will be congratulated all the same.
    • If you do not wish to make your nominations public, feel free to PM me your post.

Thread Awards:

Best New Roleplay:
    Last RPA Winner: Guilded Halls
    The best roleplay created this season (June/July). The winner will receive a new title and bragging rights.

Best Continuing Roleplay:
    Last RPA Winner: Sword Art Online: Sanctuary
    The best roleplay created on or before May 31st. The winner will receive a new title and bragging rights.

Most Original Roleplay:
    Last RPA Winner: Connections
    The most creative, different and original roleplay. The winner will receive a new title and bragging rights.

Member Awards:

Best New Roleplayer:
    Last RPA Winner: BlahISuck Kanzler
    The best roleplayer who has joined the Roleplay Corner this season (June/July). The winner will receive a new emblem and bragging rights.

Most Helpful Roleplayer:
    Last RPA Winner: EliteBeats ℛesolution ❦
    They may not be the best roleplayer, but they certainly are active, keen to help and always a pleasure to have aboard a team. The winner will receive a new emblem and bragging rights (and a gold star).

Best Roleplayer:
    Last RPA Winner: Skymin and Machomuu
    The Roleplayer you admire, who creates great characters and can write you directly into their world. The winner will receive a new emblem and ultimate bragging rights (and probably an oversized ego).

Best Game Master:
    Last RPA Winner: Gimmepie
    The gamemaster who organises, entertains, is helpful, friendly and just generally good at their job. The winner will receive a new emblem and bragging rights.

Best Sign-Up Writer:
    Last RPA Winner: Cirrus
    This player can write interesting and well written sign ups in their sleep. The winner will receive a new emblem and bragging rights.

So, what are you waiting for? Let the nominations begin!

Nomination form:

Best New Roleplay:
    Reason:

Best Continuing Roleplay:
    Reason:

Most Original Roleplay:
    Reason:

Best New Roleplayer:
    Reason:

Most Helpful Roleplayer:
    Reason:

Best Roleplayer:
    Reason:

Best Game Master (GM):
    Reason:

Best Sign-Up Writer:
    Reason:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Best New Roleplayer: GastlyGibus
    Reason:
    He's only been at it for a few months (as far as I can tell), but he's learning fast. Too fast! I clearly see his talent for making and portraying multiple characters, as well as analyzing characters made by other people. I also have to praise him for his acuteness in time of need, IC.

Best Game Master (GM):
    SV
    Reason:
    He's one of the few I felt safe as an RPer with. His ability to create a solid story, his dedication to the RP and members and his friendly demeanor place him as the best GM in my books.

Years
    Finished :D

Best New Roleplay: Crimson Dawn: A tale of Conquest
    Reason: Crimson Dawn is well crafted, takes place in an interesting and intricate world and has given rise to some very well-crafted posts. The GM has done a fantastic job creating a complex and inviting world that is still easy to get into and enjoy and has more than earned this spot.

Best Continuing Roleplay: One Piece: The Golden Age
    Reason: This RP is full of amazing characters, it has a plot that's coming together nicely, the GMs have made an RP that is clear and easy to be a part of, the OOC has a great atmosphere and so does the IC and most of all it's incredibly fun. This RP checks pretty much every box and I hadn't even started the anime yet until a while after I joined.

Most Original Roleplay: Dreams of a New World by Jegretis
    Reason: Whilst only in its fledgling days this RP stands out to me as one of the more unique ones. An interesting twist on the super power genre of RPs that has become quite popular it is set in a dystopian, almost Orwellian, world inhabited by espers. There's a lot that could be done with such an interesting and original RP and I think it's deserving of this award based on these things even if it is partially based off of a series.

Reason: Judging primarily from his post in the most recent RPChallenge I thought he was pretty good, my thoughts were re-confirmed when I read his posts in Crimson Dawn. Gibus is very well written and creative with a pretty good understanding of writing conventions and punctuation and despite only being new to RPing he is writing like a pro.

Most Helpful Roleplayer: Scyke'd
    Reason: I have to vote for Scyke'd here. I honestly don't know what he's done for other people but he's been an enormous help to me in sorting through my million RP ideas and helping find and fix flaws - that's why I asked him to co-GM with me.

Best Roleplayer: Ray Maverick
    Reason: Whether he likes the RPAs or not, he's going to have to deal with being nominated. Ray has demonstrated that he is not only quite creative but that he has the skills to back up this creativity. His writing is near flawless, he creates unique and entertaining characters and he is also an exceptional Game Master. Ray Maverick ticks each and every box as an RPer and I think that qualifies him to be considered the best of us.

Best Game Master (GM): Raikiri
    Reason: I feel as though Raikiri is somewhat overlooked. He puts a lot of seriously hard work into his work as a GM aiding in the creation of a fantastic plot and amazing NPCs. Even when his co-GM was temporarily out of action the One Piece RP still ran just as smoothly. These qualities make him more than worthy of this award if you ask me.

Best Sign-Up Writer: Orianna
    Reason: Orianna creates unique and interesting characters and writes SU's that are enjoyable to read on very well done CSS (seriously, it's like artwork). I feel as though her combination of characterisation and presentation has certainly given her the credentials to be nominated here.

Last edited:

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
    This is a placeholder that I've not copied from Gimme

Best New Roleplay:
    Reason:

Best Continuing Roleplay: .
    Reason:

Most Original Roleplay:
    Reason:

Reason: I've seen this guy RPing in Crimson Dawn and he's extremely good for a beginner. His Signups are written nicely and his posts are also great.

Most Helpful Roleplayer:
    Reason:

Best Roleplayer:
    Reason:

Best Game Master (GM):
    Reason:

Best Sign-Up Writer:
    Reason:

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Best New Roleplay: PokéLINK
    Reason: PokéLINK is pretty much as if Sword Art Online and Pokémon had a baby. The fact that it's set across two Universes, the real world and the game world, the execution, the way it's written, everything is just splendid. I've been waiting for such an RP for a long time and when it finally came around, it was a LOT more AWESOME than I expected.

Most Original Roleplay: The pirates of the Whirl Islands
    Reason: Being a huge fan of the Johto region, the title of this RP compelled me to read what it was all about. And I was pleasantly surprised and even extremely tempted to join. I literally had to smack my hand several times, to keep myself from hitting the reply button. What I loved about this RP is that it uses actual Pokémon and turns them into pirates. One might have expected pirates using Pokémon to fight or maybe even gijinkas, but no. This RP uses ACTUAL Pokémon. This is what makes it unique in my eyes. Plus, who wouldn't love to travel across Johto by using water routes instead of land ones?

Best New Roleplayer: [Supporter]TheZenTraveler[/Supporter]
    Reason: When I first met Leo, when he signed up for Johto Mysteries, I recall him mentioning he was rather new to RPing on PC. Yet his SU was fantastic and he seemed to just add so much of his own personality in it. This is also reflected in most, if not all of his posts. He's always paying a lot of attention to details and works so much on his posts before finally submitting them. I haven't seen anyone more passionate than him when it comes to RPing.

Best Game Master (GM): Magic
    Reason: I haven't seen Magic GMing before, but I was pleasantly surprised when I finally got to. The way he handles PokéLINK is simply fantastic. He never wastes any moment, the plot is so linear and easy to follow, not to mention interesting. I always feel as if I'm really there when RPing in PokéLINK, mainly because of how amazingly well the GM handles it. He gives the players the right ammount of information needed for decent posts and he seems to be paying a great deal of attention to details as well. Plus, the CSS is so perfect for the RP and completely won me over through its simplicity yet complexity (yes, I know it sounds weird, but that's the way it feels to me.). Besides, no one's ever made me want to smack an NPC in the face with a brick before c.c (yes, Oakley, it's you I'm talking about :|)

Best Sign-Up Writer:
    [Supporter]TheZenTraveler[/Supporter]
    Reason: Once again, Leo completely won me over with his amazingly detailed Sign-Ups. His characters are always so fun to read about and his SUs just make you want to follow the character's progress throughout the entire RP. The ammount of details is outstanding, with him even going as far as to talk about facial features, gear and stuff most people easily overlook or don't talk too much about.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    As some people are aware, the original date has now passed. I am leaving this open for another few days, feel free to vote :).

Also, you do not need to vote in all categories - pick the ones you want to vote in.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Due to the lack of votes, and a lot of the RPs mentioned in here closing, I'm afraid I am only giving out one award this season. Thank you for those who participated.

As the only person to be voted more than once, we have one winner:

You've left a lasting impression in The Crimson Dawn, and your participation in RPChallenge was a welcome sight. As a new roleplayer, you have excelled so far - I hope you continue to enjoy the roleplay corner so we can enjoy your writing.

Thank you for those who voted this time around.​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back