• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
    I actually think a Psychic snake would be an interesting concept (to go along with that Fire/Poison-type snake we mentioned a looooooong time ago), I just don't know what it would look like. Hmm...

Actually, that's not a bad idea. Of course, I wouldn't think of it. ;P

But, I love Arbok too much to grow attached to such a Pokemon.

Nakala Pri

Maybe a serpent? With a poison tainted tail, pinkish glowing eyes and two fangs infused with magic? :O kinda like Milotic but... cooler. xD

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
    Or better yet, hypnotic eyes...? ;) And possibly a jewel on it's head that allows said Pokemon's Psychic power to be used?

Also, we're kinda falling into Psychic talk. BLASPHEMY.

Nakala Pri

But yeah, maybe i should change the subject. xD

If you had to use ONE Poison type against a lv. 100 Krookidile, which one?

It's a little strange so you can change it if ya want. xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I would definitely choose Toxicroak. Toxicroak is part fighting-type, while Krookodile is dark; dark-types are super-effective against fighting. With just one Drain Punch, it should be able to knock Krookodile out in an instant. :]

Nakala Pri

Okay, something BESIDES the Toxicroak family. xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yep, Mega Venusaur could definitely work. It's got a lot of bulk, so it could take as many hits as it wishes to. :P Besides that, Crobat could work as well.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Crobat would probably be what I use just cause it's one of my favorites ever. Only thing is despite evading Ground-types, Krookodile can learn Stone Edge and has a great attack stat, and Crobat isn't exactly a great wall, so it probably wouldn't last too long :(

Nakala Pri

Yeah, Mega Venusaur would be your best hope of making it out alive. :P

That was a crappy topic so... here i go again. xD

If you were to go against an ENTIRE flying type army, what poison type battalion would you use?

MadKing

The only verdict is Vengeance.
    Years
    Which Generation Holds The Best Poison Types?
    The first one for sure. It has Tentacool/cruel, Golbat, Weezing and Muk... how AWESOME is that?

What Is Your Favorite And Why?
    Crobat. The design, the movepool, the stats... everything in it is perfect to me. I always use a Crobat when I can.

Least Favorite?
    Easily Venonat. Not that I hate it, but for me it's just forgettable. I do like Venomouth though.

Who Is Your Favorite Gym Leader/Elite Four Poison Type User?
    Koga as a Gym Leader and Agatha as an Elite Four. Koga is a freaking ninja, so why bother explain it he he. Agatha is a tough veteran trainer and has a great team(especially in FireRed).

Wicked3DS

Years
    Crobat, Gengar, and Nidoking. Gengar can Thunderbolt them, Nidoking can Stone Edge/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam them, and Crobat...well it's Crobat, nuff said :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If you were to go against an ENTIRE flying type army, what poison type battalion would you use?
    My team would consist of Dragalge, Gengar, Venusaur, Crobat, Toxicroak, and maybe Drapion. Dragalge, Gengar, and Venusaur would be special sweepers, and Toxicroak and Crobat would be physical. Drapion would be there for stalling purposes. :p If I were allowed to have a wildcard, then I'd replace Drapion with either Chansey or Blissey.

Nakala Pri

Welcome, Madking! :D what two Pokemon do i sign you up with? :P

Kinda ditto, haha, it's weird how people take the exact same words out of your mouth, lol.

TheWilyWeezing

Avid traveller, avid trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2015
    Cool, my favorite type! It has the all Pokémon with the most personality, the most interesting, and inspire the most creativity, at least in my eyes. My favorite Poison types are Weezing (it's the first Pokémon I think of when I think "poison," and pollution monsters are amazing) and Tentacruel (Acid Spraying Jellyfish). As for the questions:

The first generation, hosting pollution monsters (Weezing and Muk lines), Jellyfish (Tentacool/cruel), snakes (Ekans line) and man-eating plants (Bellsprout line). The Gastly line is great as well. The most visually captivating lines come from here.
    Weezing. It plays upon the common theme of multiple heads with mutation/fusion, morphing from Koffing into a asymmetrical being that spews pollutant gases to maintain balance in the air, looking deformed from its' own toxins, like its evolution was a mistake. Feels very Poison-type. Sentient pollution is one of my favorite concepts. Fun concept, fun Pokémon to draw, fun to battle with, just fun.
    Least Favorite?
    Drapion. Weezing, Muk and Garbodor convey 'pollutant mutant' clearly, things you should not be playing with, Tentacruel looks like it could poison with its' mere glare, let alone its' venom, Gengar looks like its' shadowy body is serving as a cauldron for a toxic tongue. They basically look striking, not in a 'badass' way, but in a dangerous, threatening way, like one would expect from a venomous/noxious creature. Drapion, meanwhile just looks too stupid for me to take seriously, its' gigantic arms jutting out of its head just ruins any respect I could have for its' design. I don't begrudge anyone who does like Drapion, I just find it looks exceedingly silly, and not in a way endearing to me personally.
    Roxie, even if I haven't played BW2. Her design and concept is unique and full of personality. How many rock star trainers, let alone gym leaders, does one come across? Plus, her Pokémon, Koffing, Scolipede, Garbodor, convey similar levels of personality.
    I know I used 'personality' a lot, but I really do love the members of this type, since they seem to have the best designs and concepts behind them by-and-large.

Wicked3DS

Years
    Welcome Mr. Abomasnow! Weezing and Tentacruel are most definitely awesome. You have good taste.

Also, it looks like there may be a shake-up in the club soon...(let's hope not)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    Not sure if you would call me a fan, but I have mad respect for the Poison-type. My <censored> would always pucker when I saw a Poison-type in a random encounter playing Yellow (even to this day). Poison is a serious status condition in the earlier generations. If you didn't have an Antidote, your Pokemon was S.O.L. Kids these days have it easy ;)

I'll go with GEN III on this one. Seviper has its counterpart with Zangoose, and I think that is really cool. Not only does it make the two Pokemon more flavorful (and realistic), but it also supports a reason for having them be version-exclusive Pokemon (Ruby vs. Sapphire). Also, how could you not love the silly Seviper as depicted in the anime? I still am trying to master its raspberry taunt lol

I checked the list of all Poison-type Pokemon and realized I couldn't answer this without giving props to at least three of them. I like Seviper obviously (see question one), but Bulbasaur is just too awesome to not mention (even though it's not pure Poison). I also have a special place in my heart for Amoonguss. I didn't like it at first, but after having to use one in a Nuzlocke challenge, the little mushroom grew on me... not literally though :)

Least Favorite?
    Qwilfish. Not because it doesn't evolve, but due to the fact its stats aren't a little higher to compensate for it. Also, since Minimize is banned in some online communities... kind of loses its flavor/design. I do love the idea of using a blowfish though :)

Roxie. I love that she has a detailed interest other than Pokemon. I was hoping her gym would be packed with trainers (fans of the band) that battle you to get closer to her stage, but alas her gym was rather boring. It could have been a lot more interesting. If I were to design her gym, it would have been packed with NPCs. You would have to find someone that is up for a battle in order to clear some room to progress; and eventually get to the stage. That would have been epic. Maybe getting to crowd-surf as a gym exit :)

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

Years
    Welcome! I like your idea for Roxie's gym, that sounds really cool. So if you wanted two partner Pokémon, what would they be?

Also I'm assuming the role of pseudo-club owner for the next two weeks until Tiara gets back.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back