• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] *+:。♡.。The Fairy Type Club。.♡。:+*

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Hi Janna! I know it's so hard to narrow it down to only a few when there's so many great options. ;; But like CodeHelmet said, post as many as you want! I promise there's no limit here! :D

It's funny you mention that, because I was actually having a conversation with another staff member about the same thing lol. While I imagine this thread to be centered on Fairy type pokemon, I'm certainly not going to someone from appreciating fairies from all media! n_n

Oh yeah! Like if they made a Mega Liepard or something! Or even gave Absol's Mega a Fairy typing. That would be super cool!

But yes! We can absolutely discuss Fairies from both ingame and the metagame in terms of battle strategy! I personally think Mega-Mawile is one of the most versatile of the fairies with Huge Power and such high physical stats. And offensively it has such a great presence too - not to mention the fantastic defensive typing advantages! But Fairies like Mimikyu and Clefable are definitely no slouches either! At least, not in their respective tiers!

I would like to see Azumarill get a little more appreciation in the metagame though! Huge Power and Belly Drum can be fearsome. :)

Coral brought up Belly Drum awhile back. Don't believe it'd work in FTE due to the nature of how buffs work(they're temporary and capped at 50%. +6 Attack off the bat? Yeah...).

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Here's some tough girl Flabebe I blingee'd:
851207242_714465.gif

I duno if blingees show up or not on this forum o.o; sorry if the image isn't at all visable.

The title of it on the main site is "Fight like a Faerie~", though.

Its cute when fairy type pokemon act a little tough xD What a great type to just connect with anyone who loves cute things over ^_^

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Eh I don't get Fairy Types in the lone game I play. Only three Pokémon that do ultimately get Fairy Typing are available too: Clefairy line, Jigglypuff line and Mr.Mime. In other words, two Normal types and a Psychic Type that lacks speed and power heh. Suppose if there's one good thing is that Clefairy and Jigglypuff are two of only three Pokémon to be in the fast XP group(Chansey being the third). They grow so fast that I can have them at level 40 before I even go into Rock Tunnel hehe.

LadyJirachu

Years
Yeah, fairies don't seem to be known for speed xD

But there are ones that are nightmares to face on wifi matches.

Like Xerneas xD

Years
hehe, yes I'm happy I can have many but...having 12 Pokémon next to my name would look super silly! lol
if I had to pick ONE it'd be my baby mega diancie tho <3

I honestly don't know any fairies in Disney besides Tinkerbell....or none that immediately stick out. Now I'm kind of wanting to make up a stat summary for her, as if she were a Pokémon. (' ')/

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
hehe, yes I'm happy I can have many but...having 12 Pokémon next to my name would look super silly! lol
if I had to pick ONE it'd be my baby mega diancie tho <3

I honestly don't know any fairies in Disney besides Tinkerbell....or none that immediately stick out. Now I'm kind of wanting to make up a stat summary for her, as if she were a Pokémon. (' ')/

I know far too many... I have no shame in admitting this... lol.

TinkerBell: Tinker caste or a Fairy of Engineering Talent that helps all the other castes with their unique rolls/duties. Also cheers people on so I think the Pokemon that comes to mind is Plusle by giving everyone a Helping Hand :) *However* TinkerBell is a known hot-head when things don't go as planned or she gets upset(she does this in Peter Pan). Due to the pick I have for Periwinkle(and the fact I really can't let a situation go to waste after reviewing this), I think Vulpix is her true Pokémon form. Even though her caste color is green, I'm going with it so :t037:

Rosetta: A friend of TinkerBell's who is a Garden Fairy, hence a Grass Type immediately comes to mind but she hates dirt so the Pokemon that fits her is Mincinno

Fawn: A friend of TinkerBell's who is an Animal Fairy, hence can be pretty much anything but a Normal Type comes to mind. Thinking Audino since one of her main duties is to help new Animals and nurse injured ones back to health.

Silvermist: A friend of TinkerBell's who is a Water Fairy, hence Water Type is what comes to mind. Pokemon that fits her is Golduck by how effectively she moves the water around(almost Psychic-like).

Iridessa: A friend of TinkerBell's who is a Light Fairy, hence bends Golden Sunlight to her whim. Could be a Grass or Fire Type via Sunny Day or a Fairy Type since Light Type is Fairy Type in many people's eyes. Being that she has a Yellow dress, I think Sunflora best fits her.

Vidia: Not a friend of TinkerBell's per se but a Wind Fairy who tolerates her. Being a Wind Fairy, Flying Type comes to mind with the move Gust so I'm think Pidgey line with her.

Periwinkle: TinkerBell's sister who happens to be a Frost Fairy. Frost Fairy instantly implies Ice Type so seeing as I can't let a good opportunity go to waste: Alolan Vulpix.

I know too much... *facepalm* Not my fault Peter Pan was one of my favorite movies growing up.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
If the tooth fairy were a Pokemon she'd have wicked speed. >:D

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
If the tooth fairy were a Pokemon she'd have wicked speed. >:D

Hah... and her attacks are cavity, pulled teeth, tooth ache and shadow sneak.

One Disney Fairy I forgot was Zarina. She has her own movie but I honestly can't think of a Pokémon that best matches her.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Not a Disney movie but Crysta from FernGully would make a sick Grass/Fairy type.

- Misty Terrain
- Heal Bell
- Fairy Wind
- Taunt

hehe

Years
Do you guys think Celebi should've been made into a fairy type? I think that fits it a lot more than psychic, but understand they probably didn't want to take away one of its major types just like that after so many years....
but man it looks exactly how I'd assume a Pok?mon fairy to look, lol

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Looks more like a pixie than a fairy but seeing as it's a mythical, I could see Celebi becoming Psychic/Fairy even more so than Mew.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Well, a pixie is part of the fae family, so I'd say Celebi counts! I don't blame GF for sticking with Psychic since it's abilities are pretty fundamental to the in-anime character and there's no need to retcon like ten years of Pokemon, but aesthetically I think Fairy suits it quite well.

Actually, now that I think about it, I sorta feel like all of the smaller, cuter legendary types would work well with Fairy. Mew, Jirachi, Manaphy, Meloette, Shaymin, Victini, the Lake Trio.. All of them seem to fit seamlessly into the stereotypical definition of the type.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Well, a pixie is part of the fae family, so I'd say Celebi counts! I don't blame GF for sticking with Psychic since it's abilities are pretty fundamental to the in-anime character and there's no need to retcon like ten years of Pokemon, but aesthetically I think Fairy suits it quite well.

Actually, now that I think about it, I sorta feel like all of the smaller, cuter legendary types would work well with Fairy. Mew, Jirachi, Manaphy, Meloette, Shaymin, Victini, the Lake Trio.. All of them seem to fit seamlessly into the stereotypical definition of the type.

Jirachi is Steel/Psychic
Meloetta is Psychic/Normal
Victini is Fire/Psychic
Shaymin(Sky forme) is Grass/Flying

Care to explain what goes for Fairy Typing?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I just mean in the cute, mischievous, representative of nature, and spiritual kind of way. And aesthetically. Just seems like it would work to me!

Like, if one of them were to drop their secondary typing in favor of Fairy, I could totally see why they'd make that decision. Same with adding a Dragon typing to M-Charizard. It's like, "oh, yeah cause it's a dragon, I get it". Simple as that. :)

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I just mean in the cute, mischievous, representative of nature, and spiritual kind of way. And aesthetically. Just seems like it would work to me!

Like, if one of them were to drop their secondary typing in favor of Fairy, I could totally see why they'd make that decision. Same with adding a Dragon typing to M-Charizard. It's like, "oh, yeah cause it's a dragon, I get it". Simple as that. :)

So with Jirachi you'd drop Psychic Typing for Fairy even though to grant wishes technically requires that power. To me I'd drop Steel for that, which drastically lowers its defense/resistance but Psychic/Fairy would be OP offensively... like insanely op offensively from a special standpoint(140+ wouldn't be unthinkable). I suppose for Meloetta, dropping Normal isn't a bad idea but to be a Psychic Type and lose its immunity to Ghost is a tough pill to swallow. Victini as a Fire Fairy... now that would be interesting. Finally Shaymin and of all the mythicals, it's Base form is simply Grass so it can feasibly add it but lose Fairy when changing form.

LadyJirachu

Years
I stopped posting I admit due to a word phobia (someone asked a question using the term 'guys', and I didn't want to answer it due to my dislike of that term.....I need to get over it, this phobia only causes drama for me >_<;;; annnd other people too...).

I wanna make a stronger fairy team when I play showdown again.

You folks can tell me what fairies you find really strong if you like...;3

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Strong Fairy Types? Not to give a cliche answer but Sylveon is touted for a reason. I also feel Mawile(particularly since it has a Mega) is also really strong thanks to its Steel Typing that all but removes Fairy Type weakness. Klefki is another good one due to Typing and ability(all depends on how you use it). Finally I'd advocate for Clefable(Magic Guard), Whiscott, Florges(perfect ally for Whiscott in double battles) and Gardevoir for a full Fairy Team

LadyJirachu

Years
Strong Fairy Types? Not to give a cliche answer but Sylveon is touted for a reason. I also feel Mawile(particularly since it has a Mega) is also really strong thanks to its Steel Typing that all but removes Fairy Type weakness. Klefki is another good one due to Typing and ability(all depends on how you use it). Finally I'd advocate for Clefable(Magic Guard), Whiscott, Florges(perfect ally for Whiscott in double battles) and Gardevoir for a full Fairy Team

Thanks! :3 I may copy this post to some other forum for me to look at on my own computer sometime (i duno if pc will work on it?) and try to use these ideas on showdown ^_^ Awesome post! *thumb's up*

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Ironically... I don't see Azumarill as a Fairy... More of a Water Type that does Physical damage thanks to its ability, hence doesn't match the emphasis on Special moves that Fairy Types typically adhere to.

Back