• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga 10 Weeks of Anime Week 4 - Retro Anime!

Years

Retro anime!

- What is your favorite anime older than 10 years? 20 years? 30 years? Why is it your favorite from that time frame? Do you think it has aged well? Does it get the respect you think it deserves with newer fans? Sell us on it!

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I've never watched that much older anime but I love the aesthetic going on in 90's anime. I also think these aged really well and gained a status as 'classics' just for their looks. Does the Indigo League anime count? :')

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
The only older anime I've watched has been Sailor Moon. It got me into the magical girl genre(and shoujo in general) so I think it's had quite the impact on me.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Captain Harlock is one of my all time favorite retro anime that I doubt really anyone would go out of their way to see. The only reason I got into it personally is because I saw the movie on Netflix and was so interested to see more of the setting. The 90's really go to Gundam, and then Fist of the North Star gets the 80's for me.

Back