• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2004: The Year Of Pokemon! *BIG NEWS*

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Tanaz04 said:
    If everyone knows how many he has.....*1171*......does anyone know any ideas as to some he has that he hasn't already showed us. I think it's time for some new types. What could thses new games be called?? I heard an example some where....Pokemon Prehistoric and Pokemon Metropolis. You know past/future. They said these games could introduce new pokemon that have gone extinct..and a future version could introduce evvolved species or new ones. Dunno...ideas?
    Yeah, I'd like to see more evolved forms of some of the older Pokemon. =\

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    4th evoluton's would be cool...but since johto was kinda a filler.....and hoenn was not...this new set most likely will be

The King of Water Pokemon

Admiring my Avatar
    Years
    Yeah. We need more Pokemon like Sableye. I also think they should introduce some baby Pokemon of older Pokemon:

Antla-Baby Form of Stantler
    Goup- Baby Form of Grimer

And other ones. I definitely think this would be a GOOD idea.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2004
    More?I can't remember all the names of the ones we have now and if they make more....*faints*Well anyway I'd like to see more of them (a lot more)

Kenta-kun

死神
    Years
    This seems pretty interesting. However, what I think I'd really like to see is a full 3D version of the games. Maybe make a remake of G/S for the Gamecube, as a 3rd-person 3D RPG (like the Gamecube Starfox game, only with turn-based battles). It would take a long time to make, but it would be well worth it.

Relating to this thread's first post, are there plans to release FR/LG here in North America?

IceKitten

Sneasel! Ice Beam!
    Years
    Kenta-kun said:
    This seems pretty interesting. However, what I think I'd really like to see is a full 3D version of the games. Maybe make a remake of G/S for the Gamecube, as a 3rd-person 3D RPG (like the Gamecube Starfox game, only with turn-based battles). It would take a long time to make, but it would be well worth it.
    That would be the dream game

Moonlit_Angel

EVIL Queen of Darkness
    Years
    A fourth generation of Pokemon? Sweet.
    And if they ever do make a new game, I'd hope they'd let you trade with G/S/C. THAT BUGS ME!!! :confused: I don't see why you can't.....
    A new region to top it all off? Wow. Wonder what the game's called....

Has anyone heard of the game comin' out sometime? It's got to do with Meowth and his.... guitar. Wierd. Not much info on that yet.......

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    THat was a promo just to show what the gamecube could do...and the new games should be out sometime next year.

Dark_Absol

Banned
    Years
    Yeah, but you cant negate: 2004 - Year of Pok?mon! Fire Red/Leaf Green, Colosseum and much other things. I hope thats 2005 can be in the same way...
    **Dreaming**:
    2005 - Year of Pok?mon Again! Gold Sun, Silver Moon, Shiny Crystal, Thunder Yellow, Colosseum 2, New TCG sets... WAIT this is just a dream!

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 11, 2014
    I guess it is exciting but I really don't care where pocket monster goes outside of its home in Japan.
    I don't like when they dub movies, I wish I didn't happen. I hate how the names of the monsters change :(

Oh well :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    well they have to tyhe normal names are to japanese-y they have to be americaniszed for the names to work

Kenta-kun

死神
    Years
    I agree. While most of the character name changes are unnecessary, the monster names are necessary. Not all monster names were changed, either. Ho-oh, Pikachu, Pichu, Gyarados, Lugia, Entei Raikou & Suicune...all retained their original names (there're more, of course). Anyways, I prefer the names given by Nintendo of America for the most part. Easier to say

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    Well, I found some news that will probably suprise every Pokemon fan in the universe:

I found this at the Turquoise Labs, which found it from PokeLord-

Okay, stop what you're doing! Absolutely breaking news!

For a while www.pokemon2004.jp (which also has a great new trailer) has had a list of Pok?mon characters appearing in our beloved seventh movie, with one in the bottom corner marked simply: ?. We still don't know what this Pok?mon is. But we will soon!

Nintendo is calling this Pok?mon "???". On May 24, the ANA aviation company of Japan is putting out a new jumbo jet with Pikachu on the tail and...a BRAND NEW POKEMON further up! The newly announced ???!

ANA mentioned this: "We think that this new character of the Pok?mon universe, which we're calling ??? (the name will be revealed soon), will be so phenomenal that it will become the brand new mascot of the Pok?mon trade, at the same level as Pikachu."

Wait...as popular as Pikachu?! As much as I don't think the mouse is so worthy of being the mascot, how could a new Pok?mon, over eight years later, take center stage with it and share the limelight as the new mascot? Maybe they're exaggerating it a little bit, but either way, we'll find out more next month.

See, CoroCoro's June issue (released mid-to-late-May) features Pok?mon ??? on the front cover, which bears the title "Scoop: The Discovery of New Pok?mon!"

Last edited:
    Back