• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2004: The Year Of Pokemon! *BIG NEWS*

PM2008

Fire Gym Owner
    Years
    I think that it is cool news. I knew Pokemon would continue because before Pokemon came out there was over 1000 pokemon created that is why Ho-Oh apeared in the first episode of pokemon. I wouldn't be surprised if new pokemon came out in the 7th movie because it will probably come out next year and that is about how much time it takes to change seasons and pokemon. :\

PM2008

Fire Gym Owner
    Years
    I also hope that the new Pokemon don't have obvious names and i also hope that they look much cooler and tougher so that everyone will like Pokemon again like in 1999 & 2000. *daydreaming*- back in the Utopia of the pokemon golden ages. :sleeping:

tyranitar0000

You don't wanna know
    Years
    PM2008 said:
    I think that it is cool news. I knew Pokemon would continue because before Pokemon came out there was over 1000 pokemon created that is why Ho-Oh apeared in the first episode of pokemon. I wouldn't be surprised if new pokemon came out in the 7th movie because it will probably come out next year and that is about how much time it takes to change seasons and pokemon. :\

When I heard about new Pokemon, I noticed these similarities:
    Psybir:Natu
    Psybird:Xatu
    Doomsay:Houndour
    Doomsday:Houndoom
    Anthrax:Skarmory???

I knew these were ideas that originally were going to be used in Red/Blue.

New ideas I'm waiting for:
    Hummingbird
    Fire/Steel Pokemon

Last edited:
    Years
    Aieee..I dunno if I'm ready for another batch of Pokemon..well,for one thing,we know they'll keep making more Pokemon games because it makes them money. :\
    Bahh...I guess I'd get it if they did.I almost didn't get Ruby/Sapphire at all. XD

Shining_Latios

Hacker for Team Magma
    Years
    Quote from Pm2008
    I also hope that the new Pokemon don't have obvious names and i also hope that they look much cooler and tougher so that everyone will like Pokemon again like in 1999 & 2000. *daydreaming*- back in the Utopia of the pokemon golden ages.

We should boycott nintendo, make a pick-it sign and start a lab and engineer REAL pokemon

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
    You're right, it would be, but gold and silver is my favorite out of all the series so far so it would be awesome to see it on the gba. I forgot, are all the pokemon going to be obtainable for ru/sa with the additions of the fire red, leaf green and colosseum (I just know I spelled that wrong! Hehe..) games? If not, than there is a chance a remake of gold and silver might come out...

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I think so. ^_^ You can trade Pokemon between FR/LG and R/S. Also, look at this article on Pokemon.com:

Pokemon has always been popular ? our many fans can attest to that. But we recently hit a milestone worth mentioning. We placed number one in some key areas that just goes to show you we?re going strong!

Last week, Billboard?s charts for home video releases was announced, and in our first week on the charts, Pok?mon Heroes placed Number One in the Top Kids Video section! Overall, we were the Number Three video against every movie released that week!
    We also scoured our research and found that NPD, the research firm behind numbers for the video game industry, ranked their top video games of last year, and surprise! Pokemon Ruby ranked Number Two and Pokemon Sapphire ranked Number Three ? individually! If you combine the sales numbers, we were the top selling game last year!

How about one more chart topper for the hat trick? Our television show airing on Kids' WB!, Pokemon: Advanced, which debuted at Number One for network television this past November, continues to place in the Number One network spot with kids on Saturday mornings. And guess what? We wouldn?t have gotten to the top spot if it weren?t for fans like you, so here?s our way of saying thanks. Download the wallpaper below, created especially for Number One Fans like you!

[There was a link to download a wallpaper]

So, I don't think it'll be dying down any time soon!!! ^_^ That's great news!

Novastorm

Resident Pyromancer
    Years
    More Pokees?! (faints) OK, that's it...I will no longer buy Pkmn games, but I will be sticking to my RP group though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Well, the new Fire Red and Leaf green games do not contain any new Pokemon, except Deoxys. But it's still a R/S Pokemon. FR/LG are just special games that are coming out for the anniversary of their first Gameboy games, Red, Blue, and Green. ^_^;

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    oh, man i cant wait...lets just hope the designs of the pokemon arent too bland this time *gets killed by luvdisc* ...i want loads of good designs like blaziken and scizor *drools*...i also want them to cut back on legendaries.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    so with these games we will be around 500 450 pokemon? then that would only leave 600 something before we got all 1171 pokemon.

Years
    If everyone knows how many he has.....*1171*......does anyone know any ideas as to some he has that he hasn't already showed us. I think it's time for some new types. What could thses new games be called?? I heard an example some where....Pokemon Prehistoric and Pokemon Metropolis. You know past/future. They said these games could introduce new pokemon that have gone extinct..and a future version could introduce evvolved species or new ones. Dunno...ideas?

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    I just hope the 4th generation of pokes don't have the worthless "fillers" in it...

honestly...who is gonna whip out a luvdisc to take out the opponent...HONESLTY!

BOO ya!

Back