• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012; The Apocalypse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    omg,
    not this again.
    every year, they switch the year.
    so of course not!
    i dont believe in it!
    If you cant read, I suggest leaving.

As I said earliar, Y2K and 2012 are not related at all. Y2K has been changing the year. Not 2012. 2012 has been the year, for this completely unrelated date to Y2K for..half a century?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    2012?

It gets on my mind but i honetly don't really buy into this stuff.. =|
    :| People need to stop contributing Y2K to 2012, they are completely unrelated and if one more person posts comparing the two I will kill them.

There was no apocalypse on 1/1/2000 because it was just an internet rumor with no basis of fact. 2012 actually has some basis.

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    Nope, kind of lulzy to see people freak over it though.

Eeeekkks ~ ! It's kind of scary, I myself am kind of freaked because I've always believed in these kinds of thing so I'm always like "I hope I can do this before 2012" or I'm planning what I can achieve in so few years. Yeeks, the day it's supposed to happen, I will be freaking out all day, and people always talking about it won't make it better. Yikes ~ ! I'm probably gonna be freaked out the whole rest of the month into January.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    If the world ends on that date, it will be due to people thinking it ends on that date. Otherwise, we'll be fine. Everything that happens does so by some logical structure. We may not know all the rules yet, but we're close enough that anyone with a working brain can tell that humanity will make it through 2012 unless some end-of-the-world nut goes and ruins everything somehow.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    In 2012, the Collider will explode and we'll all be sucked into a black hole where it will take us to the realms of our subconscious mind. Our subconscious mind will empty itself and determine our new destinies. I believe I will end up in my own self generated Pokemon world. There, I might see others who also had a strong part of their subconscious mind developing a Pokemon world similar to mine. I will not know that I generated this world, nor will anyone else but I will live it blissfully unknowing of my past life on Earth.

:>

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Well, it was nice knowing you. :)

Anywho, if such an apocalypse were to occur, it would be at the hands of though who believe it will happen in the first place to "prove they are right".

SEERS ARE FULL OF ****

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I believe religion has a big play in peoples beliefs. Doesn't the bible have something like this listed in it and a few passages that explains what will happen the day of worlds end? I won't panic unless some weird things happen as the day draws near. I wonder if there will be like a global freak out.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Dec. 21, 2012... That date sticks in people's minds because it was implied by Nostramus and at least three ancient cultures that were unrelated to eachother.

Do I believe the world will end? Not exactly. Do I believe that something significant will happen on that date that may or may not lead to a massive shift in the global political atmosphere that may or may not lead to World War III that may or may not destroy all life on earth? It's not outside the realm of possibility. Do I believe that the day will go by without any significant occurrences whatsoever? most likely, yes. XD

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I'll believe it if the day after we are all dead because the world has truly come to an end.

Until then, I'd rather not put all my interest on a cathastrophe that was predicted 500 years ago by an already disappeared tribe which is not supported by any scientifical claim.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Meh I dunno all this 2012 who-ha created by many cultures can go screw itself but you never know. We got 3 years for something to go wrong with the world and the way we're all stuck in an economic crisis that doesn't seem to be going any better its only a matter of time till one person snaps which then leads to another event which would lead to a series of bad events which might as well trigger the nutjobs to think the predictions are real all because the world is going to hell.

Greeeny

Yes, that's three E's.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2011
    The end of the world has been predicted 63 times now without one being true. (obviously).

Planet Nibiru is fake and anybody that believes in this crap should be shot dead.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    The people who get paid outrageous amounts of money to think up BS 'theories' like this need some antidepressants.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    The world having been ended 5 times before is only what the Mayans believed, true that the world will end one day, I do not think that 2012 is the expiration date for the human race........ heck, if it were in 2012, I would never turn 19, I would only be able to vote once in my life, EVER

LEXAcide

That 1 Guy
    Years

False.

It is based on advanced mathematical equations. Also, astrology is an invention of the West which the Mayans had no idea existed.

Also, they don't say an apocolypse will occur. They say the calender will end, it has ended 5 times in the past. Their calender just starts over when it ends, which happens to be on 12/21/12. The only reason 12/21/12 is rumored to be the date for the apocolypse is because so many respected prophets, all lived centuries apart with no knowledge of each other's presence predicted it. The only reason people go, "Oh, that might happen then" is because they left predictions that when interpreted can be applied to many things.

It is said (and interpreted that) Nostradamus predicted September 11th, World War One and Two, Hitler, Napoleon, and more.

I was basically going to say what you said but, i will add in a little bit more. Around that date, our solar system will be near the center of our Milky Way. No prophecy about anything happening at that time but, you never know.

Another thing is related to our Popes. Even though I say this on the History Channel, I dont believe it. We have had 265 Popes. Supposedly in the bible, it sais that mankind will only see 266 Popes. I am not sure if this is true, but if it is, I might be frightened a little bit. Only if the current Pope dies in the coming 2 years though.

-Alex-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back